Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Where Are The "Oldbies"?

Options

Comments

• nycmom
    nycmom Member Posts: 7
    Options

Sure, it was under 1 cm with a micromets in the sentinel node. I was estrogen receptor positive.  I had AC x 4 plus about 33 radiation treatments. Then something like 4 years on Tamoxifen and 5 years on Femara. Exactly, given the age of bc.org, it does make me a very oldbie, a status I'm happy, thrilled to claim.

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    Options

Thanks, nycmom.........interesting that you had about 9 years of endocrine therapy.

What grade was your tumor?

Congratulations again!

• Sierra
    Sierra Member Posts: 180
    Options

Hello to all:  Denisa, great news to hear this

and some others here who I remember

I was v. saddened to hear about Junie

in fact, had no idea till I sent her a private e mail

Best wishes to all at this holiday season!

I was dx 2000 as well and where is Shirlann

Sierra

ps.. Does anyone remember that lady

from South Africa who posted here

way back? 

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    Options

hi sierra!!  It's great to see a post from you.  i sent you a PM.

hi denisa, wow!! congrats on the good news.  a grandma now!!!!  Good to hear from you.

I am now 7 years out from dx. 

I am having lots of trouble doing my artwork these days because i have worn out my right thumb joint from my artwork career after all these years.  I am having surgery to rebuild my right thumb basal joint and the joint above that one on January 4th.  YUCKO!!!

Best wishes to all!!

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    Options

To all oldies:

Our dearest sister kats just lost her husband Bob very unexpectedly.  They were married for 39 years.

Please make sure you send her a private message here, even thou I just noticed that she has not been here since sometime in 2010/11 (sorry, can't remember!).  You can also PM me and I will make sure that she gets your message.

Thanks,

• Harborwitch
    Harborwitch Member Posts: 4
    Options

WOW!  I haven't been here in soooo long.  It's so sad that so many are angels in our memories - but I'm so glad to see so many of us still kicking.  2005 seems so long ago. 

All of the blow-by from the Komen decision kinda kicked my memory into gear - I just had to come check on old friends and touch base with all of you that made the journey so much easier.  

So far all is good, we've been from CA to North Dakota, back to CA, and now we're in WA state.  I'll try to come by more often now!

Happy Groundhog Day!

• Ltb3105
    Ltb3105 Member Posts: 56
    Options

OMG, so I went yesterday for the results of my six mos. scans....mammo was fine....however, after waiting an hour and a half, I went up to receptionist and asked what gives.  She tells me my oncologist was in a meeting and that he was just now starting to see patients......wha??????????

After waiting two hours, I told them the doc can call me with the fucking results, as I have had it....developed high blood pressure due to these long assed waits................they called me this morning apologizing.....told me doc could not give me phone consult, I would still have to come in so I made my appt. for Tues...945, first patient, and if he doesn't see me within 20 min, I am demanding my med records and finding a new oncologist.  This is BS!

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    Options

Laura,

You go girl! I have never dealt with a doctor like that and I would not tolerate it either.

Cheryl

• AlaskaAngel
    AlaskaAngel Member Posts: 694
    Options

Hello, I never was part of the original group here, but just will add my signature for encouragement's sake. You are an interesting group....!!

AlaskaAngel

• sushanna1
    sushanna1 Member Posts: 61
    Options

Sorry to hear about Junie.  Ivanna--Also sorry to hear about your reoccurance.  I didn't officially join until 2003, but lurked for about a year before that.  

Glad to see so many others still check in here.  

Sierra--Hi.  

Anyone heard from Iodine? 

Sue (diagnosed 5/2001) 

• sam52
    Options

Welcome, AlaskaAngel.......

Interesting, that there are a few of us here dx in 2001.......so far, so good!

• Ltb3105
    Options

OMG, I just now read over some of the past posts and now realize that junie passed!  See?  This is why I hesitate to come back here!  But. I do miss the fun times, and yes, we DID have fun times where we would curse, tell bawdy jokes, and just try to forget the big C for awhile.

Will check in next week after my appt. on Tues. 

One thing chemo never did:  kill my spunkiness!

Love to all,

Laura

• littlecatsfeet
    littlecatsfeet Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hello!! 

Just stopping by to touch base with any 'oldbies' that may still check in!

Seven years out and still grateful for all of you and for breastcancer.org!!

Leslie :-) 

• sassy
    sassy Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hi, came back here just to see what is going on these days. I was diagnosed in 2002 and remember all the "old" names, sadly many of them gone. I am still in the clear, its amazing how much this board has grown.

• Sierra
    Options

Hello to all Oldbies:

Anyone listening in here,

are you keeping cool

I feel so sorry for all those in US.

without their power, and the people who passed on

terrible weather conditions

Anyway, Im moving away from l2 years

and enjoying the summer

Take care everyone

o/t our power went out last night

everything

now back on, i had 3 flashlights 

• StefS
    StefS Member Posts: 17
    Options

Just checking back in. Hugs to all with the health issues. And so sad to hear more are angels. Next Monday is my 9 year anniversary of hearing, "You have cancer, but we don't know which kind."

The one get together in NYC had to have been 2004 because my hair was just starting to grow (at least that's what my brain tells me it remembers.)

So great to see all the familiar names. But I see that this is no longer a stickie thread. 

• sam52
    Options

Congratulations,Stefs, on your 9 years!

Have you posted on the thread 'survival stage 3 with lots of nodes' (or words to that effect) - they would be so pleased to hear from you!

• sam52
    Options

Congratulations,Stefs, on your 9 years!

Have you posted on the thread 'survival stage 3 with lots of nodes' (or words to that effect) - they would be so pleased to hear from you!

• StefS
    Options

Yes I have posted there and in the triple-neg area in a similar thread.

This thread makes me feel at home back with so many familiar names. 

• Sachi
    Sachi Member Posts: 63
    Options

Hello friends,  If anyone from the NYC area is available Saturday evening...June 1, 2013  at 6pm....I will be walking in the survivor lap of the Relay For Life. It is at the Roseland Ballroom in Times Square. I would love to see some of my fellow fighters there. Please find me to say hello and walk with me! I look like that picture on the left. : )   Sachi

• lilee
    lilee Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Sachi! 

Guess I'm 7 months too late to see you. I would have loved to join you. 

Happy New Years 2014 and Best Health to You and All Our Oldbies 

• gcpommom
    gcpommom Member Posts: 60
    Options

Hi ladies.  I am an 'oldbie" I suppose, I do remember Sierra and Shirlann, and when Sprite passed, so sad.  I joined in 2004 when I had DCIS, but my name was JudyB then.  When I came back years later, it made me change that for some reason?  I was online here a lot between 2004 and 2006, then I went back to college.  Then in 12/2008 I was diagnosed with Metaplastic Breast cancer, TN, squamous cell.  But I still have not been online here too much as we started a group specifically for Metaplastic on facebook and I spend most of my time there.  Back in 2008 there weren't many of us metaplastics to be found, even here on bco, but since the facebook page we have found over 200 ladies.  

Good to see some familiar names, and I hope you all continue to do well.

• Ltb3105
    Options

I apologize for my warning about the hacker.  It seems a member of this community made her first comment on my FB wall when I don't remember ever adding her to my FB account because I had claimed I thought my acct. was hacked.  She said she knew me from this site and I said I don't ever remember adding you to my friends' list and that she wasn't even listed as a friend when I did a search.

So, I came on here and indeed found her and the name she used to post her comment on my FB wall.  I don't know what happened, as all these people I never added to my friends' list suddenly popped up from nowhere and were making comments.  I finally was able to run a few programs and cleared up whatever virus that was causing the problem.

I tried to delete the topic once I found the member here on this site but I guess I didn't delete it completely.  Again, my apologies.

• StefS
    Options

Just wanted to do a shout out ltb, Sachi and everyone! Especially all of you that I met at the get together i NYC years ago!! I was months or a year behind so many of you. I'm not on here much anymore. (It's hard at times.) And an extra hug to the Fellow Texan ltb, even though I've been a transplant elsewhere for yearssss now.

• susieq
    susieq Member Posts: 3
    Options

Still here and kicking...diagnosed Jan, 2003.... Long time since visited here... Take care, and we'll talk again soon, I hope. susieq

• 123JustMe
    123JustMe Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Susie's, thanks for posting! You give us newbies hope 😀
  • susieq
    susieq Member Posts: 3
    Options

I'm so glad I just happened to find the Board when searching my appropriately reconfigured computer! And then there YOU are, Kiddo! Has been a tough row to hoe - seems I've been a complication looking for a place to happen! BUT that is NOT true for all...and have a good feeling about your course... Our "meeting" is sheer Serendipity - lucky good fortune...and I'm sending power-filled thoughts your way...

• Sierra
    Options

Hi, anyone here remember me, Sierra, Im coming up to l5 years, in January, shouldnt speak too soon, but tks to all who are here who supported me, and the Moderators of this great forum, I feel so blessed, have a fat cat, who aint too well, but she has been with me for the l4 years There were so many gals I wrote privately, Ill have to check my e mails again Best to all, and also there were a few of us here who were December babies, I do remember Donna from Texas, who had a lovely cat, does she still come here? Best to all on your journey Sierra :)

• sam52
    Options

Hi Sierra - I remember you!

I was dx 14 years ago this month ....' bc awareness month' 

My lovely cat passed away at the age of 19 one year ago.Miss him still so much:(

Sam x

• Sierra
    Options

Hi Im so sorry to hear about your cat, a family member, beautiful picture there mine is not well at present.. at l5 yrs kidney .. so tx x 2 monthly

Congrats to you on l4 yrs, Ill write a pM soon be well,

Special light to you

Sierra :)