Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Where Are The "Oldbies"?

Options

Comments

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    Options

littlecatsfeet... don't sweat your yearly check up... walk in there tall and strong (at least it is what I do every single year... until I get "hit" with the funny looks!).  Everything will be just fine.

jj2: Glad to hear another upcoming Lucky No. 7 year coming right up.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Hi ladies, don't know if I qualify for this thread as I only found BCO this year but was dx'd in 2003 and again with mets to bone in 2009. Am now dancing with NED, hopefully till my feet are worn to the nub...lol

Love n hugs to each and every one of you.

chrissyb

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    Options

CrissyB, you are more than welcome anywhere on the boards.  Dancing with NED is an absolute great way to spend any time.

Little Cat's Feet--- I have always loved that name and it took me a while to locate where it was from, and then it was even more charming.  Congrats on lucky SEVEN!!!!

• evilelf
    evilelf Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hi ladies, just checking in to say hi.

I'm 4 years out

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Congratulations evilelf !!!!! hope there are many more!

• iodine
    Options

Good to see ya!  keep it up.

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    Options

evilelf: Where have you been?!!!!!

iodine: Bill (a/k/a Mr. Tinkerbell) just saw your picture and said... "I remember her!"

• iodine
    Options

Awww, it's so nice to be remembered.  It also helps to keep the same picture for as long as possible.! LOL, that way the extra pounds and grey roots don't interfer with identification!

• Sierra
    Sierra Member Posts: 180
    Options

Hi Bee:

I was on answering a few mails

and sending out hugs

may life improve

and sending you lots of light

Hi to all

long week-end here

Namaste

Sierra :)

sent a PM to Anne

• fire
    fire Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hello to all, was diagnost  July 2006.

• shorfi
    shorfi Member Posts: 437
    Options

Hi ladies, I was formerly known as "shorbr".

I've been doing well. Good to see you Iodine and Sierra.

• debbieb
    debbieb Member Posts: 14
    Options

Laura, I'm seeing a lot of the "oldies" on this post including Iodine, Carmelle, Anne, Sierra, Naughty and Sachie to mention a few from the early years.  The picture of Shirlann brought back memories of Sunshine.  I still think of her.  She was "Breastcancer.org" in my mind.  She was the first person to reach out to me like she did to so many others.  I can't believe Dottie has 8,000 posts!!!!!  Back then Sunshine had the most and was in the 1,000 range.

I lurk around some now but rarely post although I took the time to post on my 9th anniversary on 10/31.  It doesn't seem like it has been that long ago.  I'm doing good.  Developed heart problems from the Adriamycin but am on heart meds which keep it under control. 

Happy 10th Anniversary to Breastcancer.org!

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    Options

Congrats, Debbie.....you were dx at the same time as me.It seems like yesterday, though a long time ago, too.......

So far, so good.....

I didn't join BC.org  till 2 years later - how good it would have been to have had the support while I was going through treatment. But as you can see, I still check in here and am always surrounded with intelligence, information.love and support.This is a great site with really wonderful people.

Hugs to you all!

Sam

edited for typos

• junie
    junie Member Posts: 784
    Options

Quick hello to you "oldbies"!   Think I am coming up on 10 yrs from dx....where does the time go?   I didn't find bc.org until I was taking Tamoxifen and looking for help--what a god-send the boards were!!!   I still miss Sprite--that girl could kick me out of a blue funk faster than you could hit enter on your keyboard!   And, Sunshine--I also think she was the first to send me a PM.  I got to meet her at a get-together, along with HarleyHoney, PepperB, LJC, SusieQ, and several others from back in the day......don't see their names and hoping they are doing good!

The discussion boards have changed sooooo much over the years--I think when I first registered, I was in the 2,000 member number-----now, look at the numbers!    Think bc.org has done a fantastic job keeping up with the expansion and I still continue to find great info; catch up with old friends; and learn......

big hugsssss to you ALL!!!!!

• Sierra
    Options

Hi Junie:

How are you today

and everyone else

just checking some messages

It is a fine day here

and best to all

Im around the same thriver date

as you

Hugs, Sierra :))))

Hi Debbie :)

• LJC
    LJC Member Posts: 11
    Options

I'm here!!!!!!  March of this year was 7 years for me!  Doing very well, I finally moved on to yearly mammograms and onc visits last year.  I had a teeny tiny mass in remaining breast that they've been watching all this time after many 6 mo. mammograms, ultrasounds and an MRI a couple years ago (the mammos & U/S were recommended by the radiologist) my onc requested the MRI to get a "real" picture of what was going on . .  her dx was NOT CANCER just dense breast!  Her words at my yearly visit in July . . . I'm "doing amazingly well".  Although sometimes I disagree when the aches and pains of getting older get harder to handle LOL!!

Junie so good to "hear" from you . . . Susie and I were wondering about you just last week. 

• nixi
    nixi Member Posts: 10
    Options

I'm here too!  It is wonderful to hear from all the "oldbies" yet very sad to think of the dear sisters we have lost.  I'm doing well and I'm happy to report that October 2nd was 8 years for me!

Though all of you will always be in my heart, I don't come on the boards very often as I tend to do better if I keep  BC at a distance.   I do, however, have my moments (usually around the time of my anniversary) and lucky for me that I found this thread!   

It is truly amazing to see how the board has grown....wonderful that BC.org is such a great resource, yet sad that it is needed so dearly.  I thank you all for all that you have given me over the years.  I could never have gotten here without your wonderful help!  And Sachi, go get that nursing degree!  You will be a wonderful nurse!

Warm hugs, 

LeeLee (Nancy) 

• Sachi
    Sachi Member Posts: 63
    Options

Lois, Leelee, everyone, Its so good to see your names here! We all went through a very tough time together and its great being on the other side of that tunnel. I haven't forgotten the friends we've lost and I never will.

I am in school for nursing. I'm taking 3 classes now and start anatomy in the spring. I really love school. Its so interesting!

I have 2 "kids" getting married next year! And my youngest graduates high school.

Best wishes to everyone.

Barb

• iodine
    Options

Sachi, you will be be the best nurse ever!  What courage to return to school -- Your family must be so proud,  Good to hear you are enjoying classes, but when clinical begins, so does the FUN!

Great to see all the rest of you, too.  I remember each and every one.

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    Options

I can hardly believe Jan will be 7 years since diagnosis.

• iodine
    Options

Well, how wonderful!  Lean back and relax, and believe!

• Ltb3105
    Ltb3105 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Hi all, just had my 6 mos. checkup, still dancing with NED!  8 yr. survivor, however, as most of you know, I lost my only brother to pancreatic cancer this past July, which means I am the only survivor left.  If anyone's a "Nanny" fan, I suggest her book, "Cancer Schmancer", where she talks about her bout with uterine cancer in 2000.

Happy Holidays to all, and more important, a HEALTHY ONE!

Love,

Laura (who started this thread in the first place, lol) 

• Sachi
    Sachi Member Posts: 63
    Options

Hi everyone,  Happy holidays!! I will be an 8 year survivor on February 28th. One of my favorite books was called Uplift.

Hope everyone has a healthy happy new year.

Barb

• Ltb3105
    Ltb3105 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Hi "Sachi" I rememba u!!  Congrats on 8 yrs. out, so am I!  Hopefully, we can continue to keep the bastid away!!!!

Merry Christmas to all my buddies, old and new!

xo

Laura 

• Sierra
    Options

Hi everyone:

Happy Holidays to all of you!

Be Well

Stay on a good path

and may abundance

be with you in all the good things

in life

I just had a clear mammo

so, guess I can say

heading up to 11 years in January

just cant believe it

Hugs to all here

o/t  Linda:

Your photo looks great

Texas must agree with you!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

wow, 11 years that is wonderful Sierra, I had 10 in November..

good to see everyone here

• Sierra
    Options

well Hi there

How are you?  great I see

Congrats on that 10 years

Doesn't the time flie though.

You are in my old haunt

and my favorite State

Enjoy the holidays

and keep on this terrific track!

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    Options

Hi there guys.....so pleased to see all of you.

I was at 9 years last month.So far, so good.

Wishing you all a very healthy and happy New Year.

Sam

• arby
    arby Member Posts: 27
    Options

Hi, I'm just a browser who had to say WoW!  It's so encouraging to see and hear of you all being so far out from diagnosis.  I had a recurence in 09 less than 2 yrs out from the 1st diagnosis.  So I had to go back to Go and not collect $200.  Please keep up this thread as a testimony that treatment and support and prayers and friendship can and do sustain us.  WHat a place of HOPE.  arby

• iodine
    Options

Hey Arby, thanks for the positive comment---that's really why we ck. back in , or like me, have a big mouth and never really leave.  It's to help folks like you and newbies know that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an on comming train.