Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Where Are The "Oldbies"?

Options

Comments

• Sachi
    Sachi Member Posts: 63
    Options

Hi everyone,

I am 7 years out. Its good to see everyone. I don't come here much anymore, either. I guess our lives go on. I am FB friends with Rosebudd and she is doing well, too. 

I'm thinking of going back to get a nursing degree. Crazy, I know, I'm 51!! But its something I always wanted to do. My youngest will be a senior. She was 9 when I was diagnosed.

Hang in there, newbies. You'll get here someday, too!

Barb

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    Options

Beautiful rose pic!!  Nice to see you all.  I am moving up to a cane after hip replacement and can hardly wait to move on.

• gracejon
    gracejon Member Posts: 13
    Options

Just reviewed this thread.  Could have sworn I chimed in somewhere but I guess not.  Can I still claim chemo brain after more than 5 years?  I still post and look around so I relly never left.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

binney. u r one of the ladies i have the most respect 4 on this site. i need 2 pm on this board. have problem. big problem. can u pm me, so i'll find out how 2 pm someone later, wouldn't trouble u, do'nt know whoelse to post to. has nothing to do with recent misunderstanding... thanks, cherie

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    Options

Binney i remember you very well also!! Isn't it true. I wish we still had that thread around for newcomers. Nice to hear from you :) Michelle

• palaminoridesagain
    palaminoridesagain Member Posts: 36
    Options

Well I guess I am an oldie.  I was first diagnosed in 2005 and there wasn't a day for the longest time that I didn't come here.  Now I am dealing with mets.  Went 4 years free of cancer.  My name used to be chemosabi, I think thats how most of you would recognize me.  It is good to see some old friends.

Nicki

• iodine
    Options

Hey Nicki, I always admired your name.  so creative.  I am so sorry you are now dealing with  mets, that sucks!  I am so glad to ''see" you. 

Blessings,

Dotti

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    Options

Chemosabi...i am sorry that you are dealing with mets. remember you well. Carmelle/Michelle

• ginger2345
    ginger2345 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi, I guess I'm an oldbie too. I was dxed in 2004 and joined the board in 2005. I was looking for info/support for payment of my mammosite radiation but ended up paying for it myself. I've recently read where all insurance companies are now paying for mammosite EXCEPT my state's BCBS!

On a more impt note, I'm 5 years out and just passed my 5 year mammo. It's great to see so many familiar names.

• iodine
    Options

YIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEE, You now have your "nickle", so let's go for the "dime".  Congrats on making the 5 year mark.  We all know how important that is.

• ginger2345
    ginger2345 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks, Dottie. I feel pretty good these days.

I'm enjoying reading the titles of the books listed on the Book Club thread. I'll get around to some of those on vacation. I noticed you wrote about selling a time share with one of your book selections. We have one in Orlando that our family has outgrown and we'd like to sell. How did you sell yours?

Hope you're feeling good these days.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Hi all...looking forward to the 10 year mark in November..

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    Options

Wow Lisa.....that's going to be some celebration!

I so miss talking to lots of you in chat - never anyone in there when I go in these days.

Great to keep this thread active.....

Hugs from over the pond,

Sam 

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    Options

Now, after a "trip to and from hell because of some abnormal yearly BC tests"... I will be celebrating my 7th year cancer free this coming 9/5/10!

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    Options

Whoo Hoo! Great to hear from you!

Sam x

• sushanna1
    sushanna1 Member Posts: 61
    Options

Glad to hear from everyone.  I made it to 8 years in May.  Each new ache and pain still makes me nervous.  Lilia--  I just checked your other posts.  Wow.  My heart goes out to you.  What a roller coaster ride.  Congrats on the good news.

Sue 

• iodine
    Options

Oh, look, we won a perm tack to the top of the page!  Now, isn't that nice.  I'll be up for the 8th celebration on Sept. 28.  But more importantly, I'll be celebrating 67 Aug 21.  That number really looks weird---from someone else's brain, not mine.  No way, I've lived that long---but hey, I still feel about 36 and am glad to add on to the bc anniversaries as well as the birthdays.

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    Options

Dotti, no way are you going to be 67!!! I think I'm still in my 30s, too! Then I look in the mirror and wonder who is that looking back at me with gray hair! But, hey, every day is a celebration.

Yay for 8 years! I have that for one side, almost 3 years for the other...

You and I joined here at about the same time...dontcha love being an oldbie?

Anne

• iodine
    Options

Yeah!  The oldbie designation was a thrill, at least on here.  LOL, I color my hair (which is tough to be redheaded and swiim in a pool.) and my mom gave me good genes.  Why, when I was in the skilled nursing facility (nursing home?) after my hip replacement, the rehab staff often commented on how young I looked.  I had never in my wildest dreams pictured myself on a walker (except for the back surgery -sigh) before I lost my mental facilities, but there I was.  I never thought about a cane, either, until it kept me walking without pain. 

I'm on my way to good health, if not good knees, and I feel better and better the more laps around the track I can make, esp without the damn cane. 

Yea for your 11 years (total) and here's us all posting at 20!

• MrsBee
    MrsBee Member Posts: 31
    Options

I'm still around, but I'm having a really rough time right now.  Coming up on the fifth anniversary of my diagnosis and still having problems with reconstruction.  Just not in a good place right now and not real sure where to turn.  I really need some hugs.

• AnneW
    Options

Here's a hug, Bee. We all need them at one point or another. I hope things get better for you.

Anne

• iodine
    Options

Hey, Bee:  (((((((hugs))))))))) Please come on back and let us know what's happening.  Sometimes it's good to just "get it off your chest".  You don't have to be in a good mood or place to come with us, remember????????

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Here we are today, SoCalLisa, Shirlann, and Candie1971

• susan_CNY
    susan_CNY Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hello to everyone ! What a fun thread ♥

• MrsBee
    MrsBee Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hmm.  I tried to put in a link, but for some reason I can't in mozilla.

Anyway, I explained what's going on in "It's hard for me to 'move on.'"

I feel a little better today.  Going out in a bit, and I'm going to do my hair and makeup.  I usually don't go to that much trouble, but I will today.

• Sierra
    Sierra Member Posts: 180
    Options

Wow!  what a thread you have here. have not read yet all of the posts

Mrs. Bee:  I hope things pick up for you

usually, one does feel a bit better after the hair etc is done

just some  Shirlann and all ladies in px

You look great!

Iodine!! All the best on your upcoming Birthday!

My sister and my Mom both have a birthday

in August, and many other Virgo pals

I am.. coming up to 9 years.. January.. approx

Have a wonderful summer everyone!

There are so many ladies I used to write

and I have forgotten many now

Be Well! and keep on. Each day is precious!

Hugs, Sierra

Life is Good! Im still birding, lovin my fat cat

and all that nature has to offer

Has anyone heard from a lady

who posted as IRIS I believe

lost touch with her.   :(

PM me if so.. plse

• AnneW
    Options

Great picture, Lisa. Glad to see Shirlann's smiling face, too!!

Sierra, I have a fat cat, too! I cannot recall IRIS, but someone will, I'm sure.

Anne

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    Options

Everyone and in special Mrs. Bee...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).

Iodine: regarding this thread finally being "pinned"... "angels do walk amongst us". 

BC.Org continues to be a great place; BC.Org is where I turned to as soon I as got "bad" news with this yearly "check my boobies time".

Thank you BC.Org.

• littlecatsfeet
    littlecatsfeet Member Posts: 23
    Options

Wow, what a great thread!! Hard to hear about all of the good-byes, but GREAT to see so many familiar names!

You all have been my LIFESAVERS (or at the very least, MINDSAVERS).  I don't know what I would have done without you - and BC.Org introduced us all.  For that I am truly truly thankful <3 

My 5 year mark is coming up in October - and I'm nervous!  

Leslie 

• jj2
    jj2 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Just read every post -- laughed and cried.  I am an oldie lurker that didn't post much.  But how so many of you helped me.  Still dancing with NED -- coming up on seven years.  Thanks to all for keeping me sane. 

Jill