Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Poll - How old were you when dx with BC

Options

Comments

• lillysmom
    lillysmom Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2009
    Options

60 years old, Stage IV from get-go.  Now 64, living good quality thanks to a good doc and a gentle monthly chemo. 

• Bmarie
    Bmarie Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2009
    Options

47 dx w/bc

48 dx w/liver mets...right around my birthday, but probably had them at initial diagnosis...just too small to see on PET scan

49 1/2 now.......would love to live to see 80!

• Titch
    Titch Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2009
    Options

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited May 2009
    Options

• KerryMac
    KerryMac Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2009
    Options

42 for BC dx, but 40 when misdiagnosed.

• SherriP
    SherriP Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2009
    Options

36 - Stage IV from the get-go.  Mets to bones. 

• gldouglas
    gldouglas Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Options

Maybe a day before my 29 Bday (its all kindof a blur cause I passed out and was in the hospital a few days before the birthday and the actual breast lump was removed on the 25th I believe so I was already 29 by then!) - Stave IV from the get-go. Mets to liver and bones. Now also brain mets.

• LesleyLP
    LesleyLP Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Options

48 when dx'ed with bc and bone mets all in one hit  - thought I just had a very bad back :(

• journey
    journey Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2009
    Options

• raro
    raro Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2009
    Options

39 first time

43 with bone mets.

• vickib
    vickib Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2009
    Options

33 - 37 lung mets. I just have to say Smithlme, I LOVE YOUR SHIRT!!! I have to have one made!

• PattyP
    PattyP Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2009
    Options

46th Birthday diagnosis!

• PT6
    PT6 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2009
    Options

29 Multifocal adenocarcinoma stage I. Later found to be BRCA 2+

60 DCIS stage 0, grade 2

Had a good run for 31 years.

• Brenda_R
    Brenda_R Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2009
    Options

49 when I had my first mammo, next mammo 6 months later due to suspicious spot. They declared that one clear. In 5 months I found a large lump, but not where the "spot" was. So I was 50 when I was dx'ed.

Mammo never showed anything  where the BC actually was, in those previous films.

Mammo that was taken when I found the lump, clearly showed 2 round spots. Bi-lobed tumor connected by connective tissue. By the time I had lumpectomy, it had "satellite" nodules coming off of it.  So glad it's gone. 

• makingway
    makingway Member Posts: 465
    edited May 2009
    Options

49 and the 10 years of annual mammograms didn't detect it.

• JanMarch
    JanMarch Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2009
    Options

41 - found on my first screening mammogram.  I had a diagnostic mammogram 5 years ago because I kept feeling "twinges" (don't know how else to describe) in my left breast, but they couldn't find anything.  5 years later I'm dx with IDC in that same breast.  I feel certain there is a connection and so does my oncologist.

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hannah Powell was just diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Secretory Breast Cancer (a VERY rare form of bc) and had a mastectomy with SNB at the extremely tender age of just 10 yrs old!.........I truly believe the hormones in the milk and meat we eat are the culprits for such early breast cancer diagnoses......Just my humble opinion!........

• CathleenP
    CathleenP Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2009
    Options

Three-fourths of the way through 50 years old. I was so proud to be 50, looking forward to so much...

• reneebaybay
    reneebaybay Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Options

• Coffeegirl
    Coffeegirl Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2009
    Options

Age 33, Stage 2, BC

Age 44, Stage 4, BC met. to clavical, sternum, pluera

Did test BRCA negative

• lmays
    lmays Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2009
    Options

48.  2 years between mamograms.  Pure genius.

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited May 2009
    Options

• CathleenP
    CathleenP Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2009
    Options

I had almost made it to age 51 the first time.

Just dxed for mets at age 55.

I plan to be NED at age 60.

• Crystalady
    Crystalady Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2009
    Options

45 the first time

Mets at 55

Like Cathleen plan to be NED ar 60

• Shiba
    Shiba Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Options

I was 32 /33 the first time. I found a long thing lump near my collarbone and requested a mammogram numerous times and was denied because I was too young (this was in the 80's). I persisted for 6 months and then demanded an aspiration. Only after the results came back (which took 6 weeks b/c the doc went on vacation and didn't follow-up) did the finally do the mammogram. At that point - I had to have a modified radical mastectomy with immediate trans flap reconstruction. They didn't take me seriously b/c I was athletic and looked good. Even this time, went I went in for severe back pain - they told me it was a sprained back and sent me for PT. I asked for an MRI and was denied. PT made it worse.  In fact, the PT found a lesion and asked me to check it out - my pcare doc said it was just a muscle adhesion. The docs kept telling me how "good I looked". Months later I ended up in the ER b/c things were getting so much worse and they found multiple tumors in my spine. Twenty-two years later, widespread bone and lung mets.

• Cyberrand
    Cyberrand Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2009
    Options

The day after my 40th birthday I found a lump in my armpit, so I was was diagnosed stage IIIc the following month. Had baseline mammo at 35 but hadn't scheduled my 40 yr mammo yet.

2 months before my 42nd birthday, diagnosed stage IV with mets to other lymph nodes & bone.

Now 43.5 and fight, fight, fighting...

Randy

• vivo
    vivo Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2009
    Options

• Crystalady
    Crystalady Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2009
    Options

Looking through these posts it is really freaking me out just how many Young women are getting BC.

So much has been said about Swine Flu. WHAT ABOUT BREAST CANCER!!!!!!!!

Why haven't we got a cure yet?Yell

• JewelTXakaLinda
    JewelTXakaLinda Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2009
    Options

I was 51

• fortunate1
    fortunate1 Member Posts: 467
    edited June 2009
    Options

Just to be different, 61. Found the lump myself, lobular, never showed on any mammogram, so who knows how long it was there. I guess I can actually be thankful for a lump.

I tell any woman who will listen to do her self exams.