Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited December 2013

April 10 TATTOOS... can't wait.

• Judy_63
    Judy_63 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013

Betsy, I have my appt for tatt's April 8.

• bdavis
    edited December 2013

Oh wow... cool. I plan to fly in the 9th.

• Russell1
    Russell1 Member Posts: 413
    edited December 2013

yay Betsy and Judy!!! I cried after looking in the mirror when mine were done. Vinnie is the best. Inside and out! I also had some revisions. Dr. Sullivan noticed my left nipple was slightly lower than right. He fixed that and a little dog ear on righty. Also a dog ear on left hip where drain was. My only concern was my butt crack seemed higherthan it was originally. He said compression sometimes does this. He fixed that. He also injected fat into my hollow spot where lymph nodes were removed under left arm. He lipoed from my inner thighs to get the fat. This was not planned but he said he could do all if this in the morning and I would be good to fly home at 3. I had the surgery at 7 am and left scsh at 1. I felt just a little sore. Everything went great . Scsh is truly like a spa! Everyone was great. I am forever grateful to Dr. Sullivan , the staff & Vinnie for restoring me😊😊

• bdavis
    edited December 2013

So happy for you Melanie... Seems like a lot of tweak for a morning.

• Russell1
    edited December 2013

Thanks Betsy. He said it took about an hour and a half. No drains and no compression. I am just supposed to wear something tight around my legs for 2 weeks. Today I wore my tight skinny jeans and at home changed into the garment from stage 2 and only clipped it up to below my butt crack. He doesn't want any compression on my butt. I was so grateful to have this done before the end of year. Also because it saved us the expense of coming back. I am more sore today from the lipo.

• celtic_antique
    celtic_antique Member Posts: 351
    edited December 2013

Morning ladies! Such great news lately on everyone's progress!!

Have hit the dreaded "blues" (and I don't mean great NOLA music) and it couldn't happen at a worse time. I know there is nothing for it but to ride it out (should after 4 surgeries -- 5 if you count the mastectomy), but ... well you all know ... everyone has been through it. Right now I am pushing myself to get up, dressed, put on some make-up and get more of the decorating done. Perhaps without so many things hanging over my head, I might feel better. Know there is a nap in my afternoon today!

If I miss out, wishing all of you the happiest of holidays. So much to be grateful for, and the coming of a New Year moves us all either beyond the journey, into another phase, or putting feet on the path to start. Warmest wishes ...

Maggie

• bdavis
    edited December 2013

Maggie... Don't be blue... Are you healing well? Maybe you need some big old vitamins.

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 553
    edited December 2013

Maggie, I hope you can prioritize and pare back some this year. Maybe Christmas 2014 will be the year to blow it out!

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited December 2013

Hi all...was released as planned yesterday from hospital. cannot seem to shake the light headed, queasy feeling. No appetite as usual. Pain is getting better but she worked me over. 2 drains, one in hip and one in right breast. Heading home tomorrow.

Maggie 2

• lastar
    edited December 2013

Hope you shake the nausea soon, Maggie. Hope it's a smooth trip home.

• mags20487
    edited December 2013

Feeling better tonight.  I think the pain meds are my enemy.  Switched to tylenol.  7 hours in car tomorrow woohoo.  

• Russell1
    edited December 2013

Celtic .....sending you hugs! This time of year is hard.

Mags...sorry about the nausea. What changes did she make?

I still can't believe I flew home the same day as my revisions! I had no pain until the next day. Just soreness from the lipo. I walked about 3 miles yesterday and that knocked me out for the rest of the day. Took a pain pill and slept. I have not done any Xmas shopping or decorating. Will try today. Hug to you all!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited December 2013

Celtic- Hang in there. It is a hard time of year anyways. You are done and it is only uphill now!!

Maggie- Pain killers were never my friend either. Hope the Tylenol helps your lightheadedness. Wow, is that even a word?

Melanie- I am so jealous you don't need to wear compression after inner thigh lipo. I am so happy that you are so satisfied with everything. Yay!!!!

Betsy- April will be here before you know it and you will be done!!!! That is awesome.

• mags20487
    edited December 2013

home now. Was def pain meds making me woozy. Glad it has subsided. I have hip incision on right where drain is to just beyond the crack of my hiney. another incision on the belly off to the right side where she removed the diep dog ear and lipoed a bit out of the abdomen. right breast got lifted and filled a bit and has a drain. Left side removed necrosis along the top edge and puffed her up a bit too...So far all looks good. She was thrilled that my butt had no residual of the pseudo bursa and was able to make it look really good. Next time she will do the other cheek. I knew my bum was going to be painful but it is already getting better with each day so should be good to go next week. Now to rest!

Maggie-2

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2013

Maggie - so very glad you are sounding so much better. Do you remember which anesthesiologist you had? Have you def scheduled your next go around?

• Russell1
    edited December 2013

So glad you are better Mags!!

Cherrie..I am just wearing the garment they gave me at Stage 2 around the house and at night . Just for my legs for 2 wks. I called the center and Laura said it wouldn't hurt to wear it. Dr. S didn't want any compression on my behind. I am so glad about having no drains!!!!!!!!

• mags20487
    edited December 2013

I had Dr Craig for anesthesia.   Friendly man.  Nothing on books but will talk to Becky on Monday

Mags

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

Heal well my friends!!

• Russell1
    edited December 2013

😊thanks Cherrie!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2013

Betsy and AR, I entered your tattoo dates in April in the list.

:)

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2013

Healing thoughts to those having surgeries and tattoos this week!

If anyone has had experience with seromas, I would love to get your advice. I am having a seroma aspirated from my left hip Friday morning (and maybe my right hip - just not sure). I have a formal dinner to go to that evening. No dancing, just a lot of standing. Is this "no big deal"? It has already taken the hospital 1 1/2 weeks just to get me the appointment, so I don't really want to schedule it for a later date if I don't have to. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks ladies, you are the best!

• lastar
    edited December 2013

Hi, Zenful -- no big deal! You'll feel better once all that extra fluid is gone. Maybe an ibuprofen, but probably nothing will be needed. Have fun!

• Zenful
    edited December 2013

Good to hear! I thought I remembered someone describing pain afterward. I bought a pretty new gown for the "maiden voyage" of the new girls. I'm so ready to get dressed up and feel pretty again. I know I should probably wear my Stage 1 compression after the aspiration, but it's going to be Spanx for t least one evening. I don't think the battle gear would look so good under the dress.

• mags20487
    edited December 2013

I had a large seroma drained off my right hip twice. It was over 420cc...icky. I was a little sore afterward but it felt so much better to have that fluid out. Make sure you compress it asap. Stuff the garment around where they take the fluid out with washcloths for a few days as it will keep the fluid from building back up. It really is no more than a needle prick.

Enjoy your evening Zen

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013

Zenful- We want a pic of you in that dress. You will look stunning.

• mags20487
    edited December 2013

got my next surgery date...march 5th ...exactly 1 yr to the day of my gap flap...does that make it my "ass"aversary? sorry could not resist---on that note...my right cheek that she lifted looks amazing...like a 17 yr old again...the other side...like a 45 yr old and cellulitey...can't wait to have that fixed. Feels like I am walking crooked o_0

Mags

• Cherrie
    edited December 2013
    It is definitely your "ass"aversery. Love that, and right on your one year. I am jealous of you all getting your butts lifted. That wasn't offered and I have 59 year old buns. Haha.
  • Zenful
    edited December 2013

Cherrie, I will post a picture if I can figure it out.

Mags, that made me laugh thinking of your uneven rear. So there's definitely a good side to you. All you have to do is "turn the other cheek"!

• mags20487
    edited December 2013

rofl...thanks Zen!