Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Class of 2009 - Sisters in the same time frame

Options

Comments

• joanneasiata
    joanneasiata Member Posts: 305
    Options

Hey mimi1964

Glad you've popped in to say hi it has been a bit quiet here of late glad your well and have found a good job and hope you shake that bronchitis of soon

Princess jojo

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    Options

Hello to all.  It is a beautiful day here in Ottawa and summer has begun for us.  It is a long weekend and it is going to be beautiful...wooohoo.  I hope everyone is enjoying life to the fullest.

• micheleboots
    Options

Hello to all.  It is a beautiful day here in Ottawa and summer has begun for us.  It is a long weekend and it is going to be beautiful...wooohoo.  I hope everyone is enjoying life to the fullest.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Congrats Mimi!!  Too bad you aren't feeling 100%, but having a job IS  Priceless!!! Foot in mouth

Beauty day here again..... Happy Victoria Day Weekend, Michelle!!

I know most of you will 'officially' be kicking off your summer with your holiday weekend next weekend!  Hope your weather is a great as ours is this weekend!  Take the time to enjoy every day!

Cheers!

• joanneasiata
    Options

Enjoy your long weekend ladies kick up your feet

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    Options

Today has been a weird day.  Some of you know the interesting path of marriage and divorce that I went through during treatment.  Well, my best friend called me this afternoon to tell me that my ex-husband died.  I thought she was kidding, but no - I looked on the website of the local paper, and there it was, his obituary.  Quite surreal.  While I don't know the details, I'm almost positive his death was related in some way to his drinking, which was the main cause of the end of our relationship.  Either a drunk driving accident, or health problems from his alcohol abuse.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I didn't hate him, he wasn't a bad person.  I'm strangely numb right now.  I'm not sure whether I should go to the memorial service or not - it is tomorrow afternoon.  

Just a weird thing I'm going through, and needed to share with someone. 

• joanneasiata
    Options

Wow txstardust yes I can remember when it all happened to you I'm sorry youve been hit by this bus ,maybe it might be a good idea that you attend him memorial it might help close any doors and you won't live with any regrets later on ,that how I think I would feel he was still a very big part of your life and there was a time when you both were so in love your call though ,

Jojo

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    Options

Oh Shelby, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this new pain. The relationship with a divorced spouse is so difficult. Don't we all wish that we could include that person as a dear friend but it isn't usually possible. But you never wish bad things for them, certainly not tragic things.

I think I would be guided by how his relatives would feel to have you at his memorial. As long as they would see it as a sign of respect and the affection you once had for him, then I think going would be a sweet goodbye.

Pam

• micheleboots
    Options

Shelby, I am so sorry you have to go through this right now.  I remember when you were planning your wedding and we talked about what to wear on your head.  I am sure you had some wonderful times along with the bad.  I think it would be a wise decision to go.  It will bring closer to you  as well as his family I am sure.  Sending you peaceful hugs at this time..

• JustmeAlicia
    JustmeAlicia Member Posts: 629
    Options

Shelby ~ I am so sorry to hear this news.  Sending you hugs right now, I agree with the girls I think you should go.  You don't want to say after the fact, I wish I did.

Hang in there....

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Shelby - sorry to hear about your ex.  It's an awkward situation but I would agree with the other ladies about attending. I think going will help give you closure and avoid any regrets later on. All the best.

• pj12
    Options

Just catching up... Renee, I'm hoping your night shift job will evolve into a day shirt job. I don't know how some people do it, work nights their whole career. I did it once for about six months. Finally quit when I fell asleep in the bathtub and thought I could have drowned! But a foot in the door is a good thing in today's job market.

Juanelle, it sounds like you had a really nice MOther's Day. And glad the surprise guests turned out to be a good surprise. I am pouting a bit. Or maybe the right emotion would be to say I am embarrassed a bit. My two stepchildren went to a lot of trouble to send cards, treat me to a lunch out, and buy me a nice gift. On the other hand, I did at least get a phone call from my own two children but am just feeling a little hurt that they did not bother to send a card. Even a word of praise, like "mom, you did a great job." :(

Mary Louise and Sugar and Michelle, your spring weather sounds fabulous. It is already hitting 90 here boding a long hot summer. We are getting some rain, thank goodness, but still in a kind of drought condition. Surrounded by all this water and dry as a bone!

Better go check my cookies... Oatmeal, raisin, chocolate chip, pecan cookies. DH will love them!

• micheleboots
    Options

Yum.

• txstardust
    Options

Thanks, ladies.  While I appreciate and value your input, in the end, I decided not to go to the visitation after all.  I didn't want to make his family uncomfortable.  I didn't really know them that well, and I don't know that they would have understood my reasons for coming.  

On another note - the school year is drawing to a close in about a month for me.  My own girls have their last day of school next Thursday.  Our school lets out on June 22 (we have a year-round schedule).  It's been a terrific first year, and I'll be sad to see it end...yet glad for the summer to begin!  I'll be in Phoenix for several days to attend a national conference (work-related), then it's off to Seattle for a week.  I'm sure I'll welcome the Seattle weather after the heat here in San Antonio.  If we're able, we might even make a day trip up to Vancouver.  I've never been to Washington, so it should be a nice visit.  And after I return home, I'll have my stage 2 DIEP surgery on July 12.  I'm looking forward to getting that over with.

I hope everyone here in the U.S. has an enjoyable long weekend - I know I will enjoy kicking my feet up and reading a few good books! 

• mimi1964
    mimi1964 Member Posts: 851
    Options

Thanks for the good thoughts and hoping I find a great day shift white collar NSF job soon

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

haha-to me, NSF has always meant "non-sufficient funds" so I'm wondering why you want a job that has insufficient funds????

• webstertoo
    webstertoo Member Posts: 16
    Options

Hi everyone from 2009,

I saw my oncologist on Monday and was told that my staging changed, from 2A to 1B.  She said that small amounts of cancer in a sentenial node no longer pushes you into stage 2.  Has anyone else had this happen.  I see it as good news.  

• pj12
    Options

Absolutely, great news, Webster! It seems like things always go from bad to worse with this disease process so to get a down graded stage is wonderful news. And it is not just semantics. It means modern consensus is that micro cells in a node is not as bad as once thought.

Before I had personal experience with breast cancer I thought one worked their way for stage I to II to III to IV. Now, as I understand it, you are always the stage at diagnosis. Even if one develops mets down the road, one is technically Stage I with metastasis, not Stage IV (using my dx). One is only Stage IV if that was your initial DX. At least that is how I understand it. Although most people use Stage IV to define anyone with mets.

Well, let's just hope we all go in your direction, Webster!

I'm with you eph3' what does NSF stand for?

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Hmmm - NSF ...."Not So Fun?" I give what does it mean??

• pj12
    Options

"not so fast"?

Hope everyone is having a great day. Maybe a lazy day or a busy day with family.

Pam

• mimi1964
    mimi1964 Member Posts: 851
    Options

I'm not sure what NSF stands for... lol!!! Crazy spell check and correction. It was suppose to say man for management lol. Oh well

• pj12
    Options

Our computers have a mind of their own. My iPad will reject a word I type and fill in a totally different word. I try to catch it but sometimes I miss one.

• txstardust
    Options

Just checking in to say hello.  It's a busy time for me - end of the school year, lots of paperwork, but lots of fun, too.  I can hardly believe there are just 14 school days left for us!  My own kids are finished for the year, which means my oldest is now officially a high school senior.  That makes me 1) old and 2) sad because she's leaving me in a year!!  She's got her sights set high, planning on applying to Princeton and Penn, among other schools.  I'm already feeling the pain...I keep telling her that she will be expected to call her mother every morning, even if just for 2 minutes, so I can go through my day knowing she's ok.  I don't want to be clingy, but this is going to be hard!  Then, just 2 short years later, my youngest will leave and I'll be alone.  Boo hoo!

My shoulder is still causing me lots of pain, and I haven't figured out the cause yet.  I'm thankful the MRI did not show mets, but what the heck is it?  Makes it hard to move around and get things done sometimes.  Maybe I'm just getting old?  According to one of my students, I'm not real old, just "kinda old".  Hmmm...

I have a PET/CT coming up in a few weeks, on June 20.  You'd think I wouldn't be terribly anxious considering I just had xrays and scans on the shoulder not so long ago, but I am.  Makes me think that this worry and anxiety will never go away.  It's been 2 1/2 years since diagnosis, and I'd like to relax a little bit, is that asking too much?  ugh.

Hugs and love to all!

p.s. Pam, you can send some of your cookies my way :) 

• txstardust
    Options

Wanted to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Michele!!!  Hope you're having a terrific day!

• micheleboots
    Options

Thanks a bunch. It is a busy day indeed.  I went shopping with my son for a gift for his sister whos bday it is on Tuesday.  Then dropped her at ballet recital, went for groceries and then home to pack for quick trip tomorrow then drop him at work, pick up sister then drop her off again for third show of the weekend...then supper with hubbie, followed by either picking up son or daghter..

• pj12
    Options

Wow, Michelle, you are super mom/wife! Wishing you a happy birthday and MANY MORE!!!

Shelby, you have to speak up faster in this house if you want a cookie. Those are all gone and we have moved on to chocolate cake.:) Looking forward (?) to your girls going off to college is surely a bitter sweet time. There is some phone company running ads along that theme. I love the one where it is the dad and the son and they subtitle the "guy" talk so we know the underlying message they are sending to each other. Very sweet. All these different stages of life really keep us stirred up. I'm thinking I would just have soon skipped the "dealing with a life threatening illness" stage. :)  Scanxiety is certainly understandable. We have all learned that something can pop up when we are least expecting it. Good luck later this month, Shelby.

Pam 

• micheleboots
    Options

Howdy ladies...I am freaking out a little today.  I got a call from the imaging department today asking me to come in next week for a mammo and ultrasound.  I had my mammo about five weeks ago.  If you remember I had my recon at the end of Jan, so I am hoping that all they see is scar tissue, and not C...Trying to stay calm..

• pj12
    Options

Michelle, are you sure they are not just confused and don't realize that you just had a mammo a few weeks ago? Of course you have ruled that out but I am hoping it is a mistake. So sorry for the anxiety this puts on you. :( My second time going for mammo after my lumpectomy the tech thought something showed in my uninvolved breast. I had two mammos and an ultrasound and was there all afternoon. Turned into nothing and have had no more alarms in the subsequent mammos. But I nearly had a heart attack from the fear!

Will be thinking of you till this is resolved. Good luck!

• redninrah
    redninrah Member Posts: 366
    Options

Michelle

Let. Me know, I'm pretty sure it. Will be scar tissue but mammogram it's hard to tell so they have to rule out any areas that light up with an ultra sound.

I am going for mine in July and I know I have scar tissue in th breast that had a mastoplexy, as I can feel hard area in the areas of the incision.

I think that on all. Bc women mammogram plus u/s should be done.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Michelle - I try to not worry about something until I KNOW it is something to worry about!  Easier said than done and doesn't always work either!!

Let's hope they are being extra careful and that everything turns out fine!   (((Michelle)))