Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Is everyone out of their turkey comas by now? It took me a while to come around this morning.

Dianarose, Which chemo do you think is the "smelly" one? I didn't notice any b.o. with my chemos, but I seem to remember my urine having a slight odor. My mom complained that she smelled different, but I didn't notice it on her. I wonder if it is not only an actual smell, but some kind of change in your smell receptors? Please tell me you were able to enjoy the grand aroma of roasting turkey yesterday.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

El- the only chemo I got last week was Taxol so it must be the one. Other people can smell it too. We were in a store and my DH said he knew what isle I was in because he could smell me.

It was nice to eat real food yesterday

• iz1999
    iz1999 Member Posts: 21

I have a question, has anyone with IDC-TN stage 3 apply for ssdi and get approved

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818
  • elimar

iz1999, That I do not know. Someone here might be familiar, but you will probabaly get more response on the TN threads. Also, do a search using SSDI, or spell it out. That should get you the answers.

D-rose, Yeah, my mom did a taxane; but that was not a part of mine. Glad about that even more after what you are saying.

ThumbsDownSickTired

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Early Christmas present for the Cheeto lover(s) in the group:

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I'd like to unwrap that gift with my lips!!!!!

• barbe1958

OMG!!! Did I just say that out loud????????

Singing

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

Diana--holy cow, how not fair to now have this side effect!Just not right and not fair, but hopefully it means the chemo is working.

Giggling at Barbe saying out loud what I was thinking!

• Dianarose
    1. Loral- thanks. I did some further research and people have suggested Gold Bond medicated powder and some good old fashioned yeast infection cream. I tried Dial odor blocking soap and that worked for about two minutes.

It's very weird to actually feel good the past couple of days and to eat. I had half a pork chop and some Amish buttered noodles with some cucumber slices. Mornings are still a bit tough but once I take my regimen of drugs it gets better. I go for blood work Monday and chemo on Wednesday but meet with the MO first to discuss the course of action now that all the chemo sensitivity tests are back.

Barb- too funny

• eph3_12

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Winking

Diana, good luck finding a combo that works.

• stellamaris
    stellamaris Member Posts: 313

Barbe! You naughty girl, you! Lol

• elimar

Ahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa....................... (Who knew Barbe was such a big Cheetos fan? *wink*)

Now that's what I call some great online shopping, Eph!

I'm too busy to actually attempt this, but maybe some future Christmas season...a tree decorated entirely with pics of beefcake, hottie, hunks. It would just take a bit of foam core to turn the pics into ornaments. Oh, who am I kidding? I could never put that up here in testosterone world, although I just might slip one or two of them onto the tree just to see if anyone is paying attention.

• nativemainer

Elimar--I'll help decorate that tree!

• Dianarose

I'll hang the mistletoe.

Had blood work today. Platelets are back to normal 254 !!! White up from 2.3 to 5.6 and red still a bit low but climbing. Things are starting to get back to normal. They still think it was from the blood thinner shot they gave me when they did the biopsy. That's going on my never again list

• loral

Diana...sounds like a Merry Christmas for you and yours!!!!Smile

• loral

Ladies: Winking

• eph3_12

the flexing is a nice touch, but it needs to slow down just a tadSmile

• eph3_12

I survived Black Friday and Cyber Monday!!!! Thank goodness for no credit cards!

• barbe1958

Dianarose you have rebounded so WELL! Way to go sweetie!!!!

• elimar

Dianarose, Fan-freakin'-tastic! You will be baking holiday treats in no time.

Loral, Ooooh, I think your name is definitely on the naughty list for that one. Hilarious (especially the crotch-flexing one!)

Eph, I applaud you (but mainly for knowing what day of the week it is.)

Loopy

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi girls!! Just throwing my hat in the door for a quick hello to everyone and hope thing are going well in your lives.

I'm doing well, busy which is good and having a whole lot of fun. Life is treating me just fine right now. My eldest grandie turned 21 a couple of weeks ago and my youngest will be 18 in just a couple of weeks.......they sure do make me feel old!

Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• nativemainer

Diana--YEAH!!!What on earth did they give you for a blood thinner?

• Dianarose

Native Maine- that is on my list to ask tomorrow.

• barbe1958

Hoping to hear how it went Dianarose...

• Dianarose

Went for chemo yesterday. Blood work keeps improving 👍. She took me off A/C as it was not on the likely to work list on the chemo sensitivity list so just Taxol for now, hurray! What did come back weird is the new testing of my Her 2. They do three different test. One with DNA and two other ways. Well one came back uncertain, one negative and one positive. She called the company and they are doing more testing on it. Maybe I have multiple personalities lol. I ache all over today from the monthly shot for my bones. Other then that feeling okay.

Hope everyone has a great day

• barbe1958

Good to hear your blood work is behaving. Now we need an update from our fearless leader. E, were they doing a biopsy on what they took out?

• eph3_12

The no news is good news adage, out the window. Melanoma. Appointment(s) being set. Bummed.

• barbe1958

Where was the mole? Who caught it??? Gentle hugs sweetie.

• Dianarose

eph- so sorry. Cancer needs to leave us alone. We did our dam time already