Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• PattiB
    PattiB Member Posts: 107
    Options

Reading but not posting, to busy at work.  Your stories are making me smileLaughing

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Options

hello... whereeeeeeeeeee is everybody?

Its been 5 hours since the last post. Its time to wake up.

Surprised Sheila

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Hey Sheila I just got home and was reading the post's, wanna go have a drink (smile)!  I was wondering where upstate you live?  It will be getting pretty up there in another month no doubt. When I moved to NY and started traveling throughout the state I was in awe how beautiful it is, especially me coming from the plains in the mid-west.

• jezza
    jezza Member Posts: 295
    Options

Hi Shelia.....I'm awake....lunch time here ...lol

Yeah...lots of reading to catch up on..

Good to hear good news footsprints...

DH and I are planning a trip to NY (NY city at this stage) early next year. Do they still have those Seinfield tours...must google it. I just love that series ...... see they are doing a reunion ep. soon..can't wait!

jezza

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310
    Options

Wow, I was worried about posting too much, but when I decided NOT to, suddenly the "Should we go with DD breasts?" thread started to look more popular than this one! Uh-oh!

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    Options

I don't know about eveyone else but with the chemo brain it takes me longer to read and catch up but i am still a readin'

have a great evening and a Happy humpday tomorrow.

• sheila888
    Options

jezza...Good Morning to you and goodnight to me. What is the time difference between here and there. Too lazy now to goggle it. What are the Seinfield Tours? I rarely go to the city.

OmahaGirl...It will be cold.

Kleenex... betsygirl.. Thank you for showing up.

Laughing Sheila

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    Options

bettysgirls, I am so thankful when I see people like you and some others

be grateful with me, Each day is a gift and no one should feel alone , that is

I love this group. Alot of others dont see when someone else is so happy

they just see what going on with life, This group has alot of love to share.

Thanks again elimar for starting this group and thanks betty and others for

caring. God bless you. Footprints

• glassist
    glassist Member Posts: 26
    Options

I'm still trying to catch up too, but I'm lovin' the stories.  I just wish I still had a bush that I COULD die pink!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options
    Embarassed It was okay to laugh that hard....wasn't it? Kiss
  • carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135
    Options

Oh, that's funny.  I told my husband during chemo that he'd better enjoy it - that was as close to a Brazilian as he was ever going to see!

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Backatcha HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135
    Options

Hey OmahaGirl - I was up your way last weekend for the MMA vs. Coast Guard Academy football game (my son plays for CGA).  The cadets at MMA were very helpful with getting us back to the train station in Kings Point, and we enjoyed our stay in NYC.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

Rads # 17 -- halfway and holding

My skin is holding up fine, thanks to some cheap aloe from Walmart.  (It should come as no surprise that I don't use the posh cremes.)   I'm about 3 shades darker.  I'm tired now, but it could be a cold virus too, since my one son stopped by to sneeze a few days ago.  I have only 9 regular Tx to go, then 7 boosts.  Let me ask some of you, with your "rads-perience" behind you:  DO THE BOOSTS PUT THE MAJOR BURN ON THE SKIN??? 

I posed this question on a rads thread, but we're all kind of at the same stage there, more or less.  No one has really commented on the ease of difficulty of the boosts.  Hollah back Middies!

• sheila888
    Options

Unfortunately that was my experience. lalalalalala

Undecided

• Kleenex
    Options

The boosts were ever-so-slightly more intense, but it was also better in some ways, since the area of the boost was an oval on the upper, inner part of my left breast. So my poor nipple was out of the beams and started to heal nicely. (Previously, it looked like it had been to the beach and participated in wild activities I couldn't recall.) My boost area got quite pink, and the was a touch of peeling a week or so after I finished, but it wasn't too bad. I think it depends on where the boosts are aimed - I have heard that boosts to the underside of the breast can be very uncomfortable. Keep up the aloe, drink lots of water, take some naps.

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

The boosts, for me, just made the boost area 3 shades darker than the rest.  Just keep moisturizing.  I used cheap Aloe from CVS and it worked well for me.  Best of luck to you.

• jezza
    jezza Member Posts: 295
    Options

Sheila

Its 12.35 lunchtime here..Thursday. I think its about 10.35 Wednesdat your time....just had my lunch lol

Apparently the guy who was the real Kramer (not the actor who played him in the Seinfield series) used to run tours of New york. Sorry to all those who didn't watch Seinfield..means nothing to you.

Better get back to work...the time just flies when you're on the net!

jezza

• Nebraskagrandma
    Nebraskagrandma Member Posts: 137
    Options

Hello All !

Just back in town, welcome all newbies !

I will write more later, I have 2 more pages to read to get caught up with all of you.

Hey Faith that's alot of miles ! unbelievable ! you must be the size of a toothpick :o)

Blessings my friends ...............

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    Options

The boosts made my nipple itch...that's all...but it did itch pretty bad LOL..

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Options

My rad burn blistered terribly the week after I finished.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options

I had the blistering and skin darkening during the boosts.  My rsdiologist gave me a cream called Biafine.  It worked nicely and was soothing.  They also marked the boost area with a permanent marker and put a plastic skin covering on my skin that stayed there that whole week.  Kind of like laminating my skin.  At the end I just soaked it, and my skin (unfortunately) off.  It was extremely uncomfortable to have my clothes or my arm touch the area.  I think people must have wondered about me as I spent a lot of time with my left hand very high on my waist to keep my rad area comfortable.

• glassist
    Options

kleenex - I was in Dallas visiting my daughter last weekend and it POURED rain for 3 straight days.   Did you guys get lots of good rain as well?  We Texans have been so desperate for moisture this year.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

Thanks everyone who has responded so far to my question about the rads boosts.  I am in fear for my nipple now, but some of you have come through it relatively unscathed, so maybe I''ll be lucky.  (Does "radiation" and "lucky" even belong in the same paragraph?  Didn't think so!) 

• Kleenex
    Options

glassist - Lots of "good rain?" I suppose it depends on your perspective. It's been great to have the rain (and I certainly have enjoyed the cooler temperatures!), but I have a daughter in marching band. Their game was Saturday in Irving, and it was a mess. First, they practiced outside in Mansfield in the drizzle, getting their shoes, socks, t-shirts and shorts nice and moist. Then they put uniforms over this and rode the bus into Irving, where they added 15 year old plastic ponchos. The woodwinds had to leave their instruments on the bus due to the rain, but the brass kids all had theirs (my daughter plays French horn, so she had an instrument). The drum line's drums were wrapped in black plastic garbage bags secured with duct tape. The xylophone players played in the air with their sticks as their instruments were left on the semi to avoid the rain. They couldn't march, so they just stood there - half without instruments - and played a weird sounding version of their show music. It will be funny any time now. Actually, the kids had a good time. It was a relatively rule-free evening. Irving's band walked up into the stands and then left five minutes later. We are hoping that this Friday's game (Homecoming) is nice and dry - especially me, as I am chaperoning.

On the good side, I need to do some yard work, and when the rain actually pauses for a minute, I know the weeds will just fly out of the ground and my new flowers will immediately take root and look fabulous!

Where are you in Texas? I think most of us got great, much-needed rain, albeit too much at once. It was steady here for about five straight days, and then we had a 1/2 day break before the system backed up and it started raining again.

Coleen

• Nebraskagrandma
    Nebraskagrandma Member Posts: 137
    Options

dragonfly,

I had a hyster in '06 and still get pel check's, although I wondered this year why I still go to my GYN. I don't get any scripts from her anymore, or paps, but she still did a breast ck and pel ck ?

jezza,

LOVE the pubic grass story !!

footprintsangel !

Congrats !! that's wonderful Smile let's all do the happy dance !!

Linda,

where was Paula when you needed that Martini ? In Chicago that Slacker !

Elimar,

Hope you are hanging in there ! Thoughts are with you, girlfriend Kiss

Blessings to all..................

• glassist
    Options

Kleenex - you're right.  It's all in the perspective.  I'm so sorry for the miserable band experience.  It sounds dreadful.    I'm actually in the panhandle, but we have property in the hill country and it's the driest summer on record there.  Huge oak trees have given up the fight and just flat out died.  Streams are dry that have NEVER been dry before.  I agree that it was too much too fast, but when the situation is as critical as it has been in central Texas, we'll take anything we can get.

• rgiuff
    rgiuff Member Posts: 339
    Options

Elimar, I had no problems with the radiation at all, and nothing different with the boost either.  Keep moisturinzing.  Ask them if they have any samples of good cream you can try out.  My Rads office staff gave them to me, and I also used cheap Aloe.  I do remember having an itchy nipple for a while after the Rads ended, but it's been several months since I've felt that.  I finished Rads last October.  The skin in the area has remained a shade darker, barely noticeable, but funny thing, the nipple became lighter in color than the other one.  No loss of sensitivity at all.

• gcarter
    gcarter Member Posts: 53
    Options

elimar

Love that you have this sight up and running. the messages and information has helped alot. Ading this to my fav

G