MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• matildarose
    matildarose Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, sweetpea!  One of my dear friends was born and raised in Australia and will be back here in Florida tomorrow.  I cannot wait!  Please feel free to email me - I'm trying to figure out Skype, so maybe we can 'chat' more personally soon - at ll....heffter....@gmail.com.  I appreciate so much your responding.  Best wishes and lots of love!  Laura
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,899

matildarose--have you checked out the live chat area?  I know it's not very active at times, but at other it's quite active.  I know I spent a lot of time there in the early part of my journey and it was very helpful--especially when I couldn't sleep.  

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Welcome, MaildaRose.  Sorry that you had to join us, but you have found a great resource.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Matilda, welcome. Do you live in Gainesville? Just curious.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

welcome to the newbies and like faith said, this can become addictive, so be careful!!!  had a wedding yesterday where we all went back to hotel and partied till early morning, so i'm a hurtin pup tonight!  love and hugs around the room, and i too will count you all among my blessings on thursday.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hello Ladies - I am new to this thread.  Have been posting on other threads and found this one.  I am 55 and didn't feel like it until I was dx'd with BS in Aug.  I am a manager in a 55+ park in deep south Texas and I am the youngest in the park.  That makes me feel really good.  The residents have so much energy and want to do so many activities that I have to do everything I can to stay up with them. I am an active person anyway and I have to tell you, having BC really has put a damper on my energy level.  Did not have to do chemo but the fatigue from rads is a killer.  Getting through it though and would not have as well without all the support from the ladies in these forums.

Thanks for all the support and hugs to everyone. 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Hello to our newest Middies, matildarose and jo1955

jo1955, how many more rads are left for you?  The fatigue keeps building little by little.  You can expect to be tired for some weeks even after you are done, and that is "normal."  Drink lots of fluids throughout treatment, and make sure you have a good supply of protein in your diet for tissue repair. 

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

someone asked if we felt middle age....I do!!!  I'm 54....if thats half my life, then that means that I'm going to live to 108!!!!  Several years ago, I said to someone at work that someone was middle age (they were in their 60's) and she said no, your middle age pointing to me......I was in my mid 40's at the time...

MatildaRose....I was Dx 3 month before my 50th b'day....I was soooo looking forward to the BIG 50....well I turned 50 recovering from chemo #3.....not the celebration I had in mind!!!!  I'm also a may baby!   Hugs, Karen

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    welcome to all the new gals. this site ROCKS.. there's all kinds of support to be found here. some of your best girlfriends casn be found here...     3jaysmom
  • ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Welcome new Middles , we are so Happy you found us, this is a great Group, Ask anything.

Post anything, We Love food ! Comfort food for all of us middle ages.

Love all the new pictures & great post! Love all the encouragment!

Thanks for all the support & [[HUGS}} & concern you all give each other & esp thanks for Keeping me in your Prayers since my New Devloping, Lump in the mastectomy Breast. I had Mammo on My only lefty Nov 18 & Fri Nov 19th I had the MRI. I have put calls in to my 2 Dr this Morning @ 9am & Iam still waiting ! Ugh! as we all know that the hardest part!

I hope all of you are doing well , Happy Thanksgiving to" Middle age Girls"  Love ya all! xoxo ,Gina

• CandyB
    CandyB Member Posts: 38

matildarose - know what you mean about the 50s.  I've been looking forward to them and was diagnosed 3 months after my 50th.  People have asked me how it was to be 50 and I have to say it sucked!  And I love birthdays and have never had a problem with my age.  It wasn't 50, just all the things that coincided with it -- BC, manrriage ended, daughter with health problems, mother with health problems, etc.  Bu tlet me tell you -- I did a major happy dance on my 51st!  So very happy to see 50 in the rearview mirror.

Back to the weird chocolate combos.  There's an annual Bug Fest here that includes a cafe.  That means chocolate covered bugs, chocolate chip cookies with bugs in them, all kinds of crazy stuff.  The kids line up begging for it.  And you know they're the same ones who won't touch broccoli at home.  Which of course brings up the broccoli with cheetos -- sheer genius.  What could better symbolize a balanced diet?

• barbaraa

((((REGINA))))) prayers for B9!!! and gentle {{{HUGS}}}} while you wait!

Candy, maybe you should try chocolate covered brocolli and carrots on the kids?

• elimar

Waiting right along with you Regina.  My hope for U-2-B-B9!

Got my holiday bag of Cheetos at the store today.  Will it last til Thurs.?   (Magic 8 Ball sez:  "Questionable.")  I am going to put a few curls aside to ADD TO MY STUFFING, and we shall see if anyone notices the "secret indredient" this year.

• Meece

Elimar, Elimar!  You're the one who hung Giant white Cheetos on your Christmas tree last year.  Did any of your family ever notice?

• elimar

With a little prompting they did  ("What's this... is this a snowball?)

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    Just popping in. Need lots of rest from brain rads. Amazing what it took out of me. But I'm doing well. Quick visit to OR last night. I just need time to rest. Family is amazing. 
    Pink Hugs. Lisa
  • elimar

P-Mom, please tell me you are not expected to host (or even prepare) a big feast this year.  That, in itself, is a lot of work.  Is the family stepping up so you can take it easy?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I remember the year I was turning 50 I said THIS IS MY YEAR!!! It certainly was. Turned 50 in May, lost my breasts in December....sigh. Is that what they mean by a May to December relationship???

PM you are a keeper!!! What did you go to Oregon for last night?

• barbaraa

Barbe, you crack me up. PM, big hugs for you!!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Paulding...hope you are feeling better today.

Oregon...funny one Barbe.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

PM, I also hope you're feeling better today and resting a lot! 

That was funny Barbe.

Elimar, I don't remember seeing a picture of big white cheetos on your Christmas tree last year, you should post it!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

she came to visit me, but I was working my 2nd job & didn't know she was in town!

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Lisa {{{hugs}}}

Barbe & Barb , Elimar you  post keep me smiling! Thanks all you Middle gals, Love the post & can't wait to find white cheetos, are they white choc cheeto?

I got a call from onocologist nurse, they finally got my results, they had been waiting for the fax? Left breast Mammogram Negative.Yea But MRI Rt Mastectomy (no breast) show lymph nodes of Concern? See my Oncologist Tues Nov 30 @ 940 am to discuss . But Nurse did give me news that MRI reads no reoccurrence of Breast cancer! So now I just got to find out why my Nodes are concerning & My armpit is so tender !
    Thanks for all your Post!! XOXXO
    Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope your Thanksgiving is so Blessed! {{{{{hugs}}}} Gina

• Meece

Okay, I told you my brain doesn't act right.  I read PM's post and knew exactly what she meant.  I had to go back and check it out to see what Barbe meant!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    You don't go to operating room. You go to "the" operating room. And usually it isn't a quick stop. So I figured as my sister lives in Oregon, that PM went to visit her or something....Laughing
  • Meece
    Thus I was quick to understand.  I made all of the neccessary deductive reasoning before reading the next post.  I am so on the ball. Undecided
  • elimar

I'm sure by Thursday we'll have some visiting MA and PA, some visiting ME, MO and AL.  Imight have missed some just thinking off the top of my head here, but that's OK.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,899

barbe, meece, I'm glad you posted as you did, I was going to ask Paulding what she when to the operating room for! 

• elimar

have a safe trip

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

You ladies are a hoot!  Thanks for the smiles!  Some of you I know from other threads.  I'm 46, and feel 80!  Finished chemo (AC+T) in Oct, and am now a little more than half way through rads.  Will finish rads mid-Dec., and finish Herceptin next Aug.  Did chemo and rads last year for colon cancer, and am getting a little tired of this Undecided.  But overall, life is good!

Anyone have any interesting Thanksgiving day stories?  This will be my 3rd year cooking for my 3 DDs, 2 SILs, and 1 adorable grandson (13 months!).  (we used to go to my brother's house for a big get together) So far everything has gone well, and we have a good time! 

~Tina