MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Okay, Barbe, how many sock monkeys have you made in your day?  DS & DIL are doing their nursery in monkeys and I found sock monkey fabric, but thought better of it since they had different monkeys picked out.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

actually I find sock monkeys quite scary!

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

I took this picture last fall at a craft event..... with the crafters permission. Just made me so happy......... Hope that everyone has a happy weekend.

PM*LISA sending you some colorful sock-monkey hugs: soft and squeezie.

• Meece

I am not a puppet fan or clown fan either, but that was one reason I din't pick up the sock monkey fabric.  I wonder why I feel that way.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    (((((((((Eph))))))))))
    Don't want you to be frightened!!
  • Meece

Those aren't too bad, but I think maybe it's their mouths that scare me.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Meece - probably some kids' show in the 60's and they creeped us out! Surprised

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Bozo-phobia?

• heartnsoul76

HAHA! Yeah, that would do it! An entire generation traumatized by Bozo the Clown!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

A LOT of people freak out at clowns. Must be their over-sized mouth...like "I'm going to eat you!!!"

• heartnsoul76

No wonder we were scared!

• Meece

I wouldn't watch HR Puff n Stuff either.

• barbe1958

...and then Steven King wrote "IT"......

• heartnsoul76

I read that the guys who created H R PuffnStuff were high on something! That would explain why it was such a freaky show. Poor us....

Stephen King saw a golden opportunity with clowns and baby boomers, that's for sure! 

Of course, somehow he did it with St. Bernards and old cars, too. I'm just now finishing up "Under The Dome". So far, I have not been scared out of my wits.

• Meece

I have had to let the horror story seeking side of myself go as I grow old.  I already have an Ex to spur on my night terrors.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Meece - That's too bad about the ex taking the spot of a good horror novel.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I hate clowns. They scared the crap out of me when I was younger.

• Meece

The ex really does spur nightmares when I have to "deal" with him.  Really I am not that fragile, just in that aspect.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

I understand you Meece.

• barbe1958

Lewis Carrol who wrote Alice in Wonderland was known to be on heroin....or was it the guy who wrote about Sherlock Holmes? One of them wrote "The 5% Solution" which was about heroin. Guess I could just google it, but I'll let someone else correct me.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Sherlock Holmes was in the 10% Solution, referring to cocaine, I believe.  Heaven knows what Lewis Carol was on when he wrote Alice! 

• barbe1958

Maybe I'm on something.....that's right! I am!!!! Narcotics! hehehehehehehehehehehhehehhee

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Amen BarbaraA- clowns freak me out. And I hate Bozo in particular because I never got on his local show....there went my showbiz dreams...added to my hate of clowns...

Beautiful pic Elimar...

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Sock Monkeys are cute.  I like the original color ones the best.  Well I went to the Onc today.  I have no Rads to do, the margins were veery good, so there is no point in doing them.  She has given me my opitions so now I just have to figure out what to do.  Its a harder one to come up with then when I had to decide on if the boobs stay or go. She showed me this tool they use called shared decision making.  It shows how each treatment helps on fighting the cancer and keeping it from coming back.  I think not doing nothing would be crazy.  I just dont know if I just want to do Tamoxifen alone or do both Chemo and Tamoxifen.  So I just thought Id get your feedback.  I will do something thats for sure, just dont know yet which way to go.  Any feedback would be helpful.  Thanks gals. 

• jo1955

Barbe - You crack me up

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

Hey ladies--I don't post here too often, but I GREATLY enjoy reading along.  I esp. enjoyed the 'cow patty' story!

As a colon cancer butt-kicker (dx in '09, 1 year before bc dx), I would like to put in my 2 cents about colonoscopies!  I'm glad to hear many of you are soon going to have one or have had one already.  My first prep I had to drink a gallon of clear stuff, and a year later they had me take some pills, and drink a miralax mix instead.  I actually preferred the gallon stuff because with the other prep I had to wake up at 5 am and drink some more.  I preferred getting it all done in one evening (about 4 hours).  The day of the prep you can only have clear liquids (and no red liquids), so I was very hungry!  That is the worst part for me. Like some others I got versed in an iv (and another drug too, but I forgot what).  I don't fall asleep during the procedure--instead I watch it on the screen.  I did have some weird memory lapses after though--very strange to find out you forgot something that just happened moments before!  My first one I ate a lot of green jello the day before--guess what I could see floating around in my colon?  I asked the doc--"is that green jello?" "Yep", he says,"we see that a lot!"  And he and the nurse chuckled. The worst part, of course, was seeing the large tumor!  Both the doc and I were expecting to find out I had colitis, or IBS.  I was only 44.

So, ANY changes in bowel habits, other than those caused by chemo, of course, PLEASE see your doc!

Thank you ladies for the laughs! Laughing

Tina

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Love my sock monkey slippers.  Hate clowns, seeing the movie "IT" made it official. 

Everyone have a great weekend.

See Onc. next week see if I should get a colonoscopy now or later.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

- i guess i better schedule a darn colonoscopy too...crap (fitting word!)

• jo1955

Been there, done that - 2 years ago.  Don't have to repeat for 8 years - phew!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I think Sherlock's author, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was on the laudanum, containing opium.  That's how those Victorians rolled back then.  Charles Dickens was another who drank it.  Neither one of their literary legacies have suffered from their being on the "L" back in the day. 

Barbe, maybe it's time to write a book!