Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

After feeling mopey all day (a couple things are getting me down lately, plus Lisa too) somehow my husband had the presence of mind to say, "Let's go to Art Walk," something he has never suggested before.  Anyway, it was just what I needed.  There is something in fine arts that just revives my spirit.  

Then, when I returned home, I saw that my son had placed a vase of pink roses on the table...as a prelinimary to Mother's Day.   Now, when I say PINK, don't see the bright B/C color in your head because these are the very pretty, subdued, dusty rose shade of pink. Lovely.

Tht was just a double-header of niceness.  I'm about ready to check if the major planets are having a harmonic convergence tonight or some other anomaly is taking place.   But I don't care...I'LL TAKE IT!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Oh, elimar, what a lovely surprise with the flowers! And a relaxing Art Walk. That was really very nice. I hope you have a wonderful weekend & things begin to look 'up' for you.

Edited to add I just saw the flowers above & they are beautiful!!

• valjean

((((((((( ♥Lisa♥ ))))))))))

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Hi all, posting from Lisa's FB account by her son approx an hour ago (it's 9PM 5-6-11)

"This is her son, Jake- unfortunately, my mothers condition has worsened. She is currently resting peacefully at the hospital and is in little pain. However, she does not have much longer. Send your thoughts and prayers to our family and her."

• elimar

Lisa's treatment was everything "right."  How could it turn out so WRONG?

I'm putting out a bigger box.  Real big.  I think we are gonna need it. 

• valjean

Oh, Dear God....

Dear Lord, please guide our dear sister/friend to your loving arms....

This is so sad.

Thank you for the update, Joni. She is all I've thought of all day.

Thanks for kleenx, elimar. I can't stop crying..........

• elimar
    Yes, Eph, I really appreciate you relating the news to us too! 
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

I have really horrible curse words going through my tear stained brain and eyes

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Dear Lord, Please watch over our sister Lisa as she comes to join you. Make sure her family has peace of mind knowing that she is in your loving arms.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

praying here for a gentle release, and peace for her family.. i didn't get enough time to get to know her, really.. makes me sooo sad... 3jays

• ma111
    ma111 Member Posts: 167

I am praying that Lisa will remain in very little pain and to help her family through this hard time.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Dear Lord, please welcome Lisa into your arms. May she be free of pain and know only joy forever.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

My thoughts and prayers a with Lisa and her family.  May the light of love and caring carry her peacefully to her final destination.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

It is hard to type through the tears for Lisa and her family.  The box of Kleenex is going fast I see. Praying that Lisa arrives peacefully with God.  A very gentle hug for Lisa and big hugs for her family.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I am thankful that Lisa will be where she will be painfree soon, but am so angry that it took so long for the doctors to listen to her when she told them something was wrong last year.  It seemed like it took forever for her to finally get the CT scans.  I choke back tears for her battle lost, but celebrate that her faith carries her even now.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Dear God, hold Lisa gently in one arm as  you comfort her family with the other. Then take Lisa Home. I ask of this in Jesus name. Amen.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Dear Lord, please give Lisa's family Your peace and grant Lisa's remaining time on earth be pain free and anxiety free.  Welcome her to heaven at her time as warmly as she welcomed me to these boards. Thank you, Lord. 

I miss her posts already.  Where's the kleenex?

• marlegal

Well said everyone, and Maine, what a poignant picture...thank you hon.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534

May Lisa's journey home be a peaceful and painless one surrounded by those she loved dearly. God give her family and friends the strength to endure this most tragic loss. How devastating and cruel this disease is.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

I'm just sick to hear this about Lisa.  May God be with her and her family as she makes this journey.  I pray for love and strength and peace for them.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Although I love this site and all the friends that I have made, it feels like everyday there are more and more "friends" are leaving us because of this disease....Who ever is your higher power or someone that you speak with that you believe is there for you, speak with them and tell them that we need them to watch over our friend Lisa and to help her family at this time and in the future.....it is a horrible legacy that we leave our family members this disease is, for me I feel guilty although it is not my fault....

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Dear Lord, Take our friend in your arms and rock her to sleep.. Help her family with all the sadness and hold us all up in our struggle with this disease.... AMEN...

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

im in tears just writing this. i feel very much like Meece, why, oh why Dont' drs LISTEN!!! but, in the end, it is how God wants it to be. she will be missed, even by those who only knew her a short time. my prayers go out to her family, and ask God to take her gently in His arms...   3jays (better get Another box of kleenex, Eli)  

• marlegal

I've said in emails to others how the only downside of making such wonderful friends on the boards is that whenever one is hurting or physically unwell, it hurts so much. What a testament though to the bonds that can be formed and the genuine feelings we grow for each other. I'm trying to make that my focus tonight.  That said, I'm keeping these handy.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Praying for Lisa and her family.  Pray that her family find some peace in all this.  I know that Lisa will no longer be in pain she will be dancing in heaven.

Happy Mother's Day to all my middies out there.

• valjean

Happy Mother's Day to all my dear, beautiful sister/friends.

(( ♥ Lisa ♥ ))

• eph3_12

So, yes indeed, we are all extremely sad & rightfully so.  I also know that Lisa would really want us to continue to laugh, have fun, and keep the beast hiding in the corners.  That said, I hope that everyone has a stupendous Mom's Day & even if you aren't a mom have a great Sunday & enjoy the beauty around you.  We are strong, we are hopeful, we are SURVIVORS-no matter where you fall in the journey!  Thank you for being my sisters & my friends, Joni    

• marlegal

Well said Eph ... and I'll add my piggyback wishes to yours. Whatever your status, just enjoy tomorrow for the fact that it's Spring (for most) and not a work day (hopefully) for anyone.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL! Church is having a Mother's Day breakfast for us!!

• eph3_12

On Lisa's daughter's FB 40 minutes ago: "I love my mom, Lisa Baumgart, so much. She is finally at peace in heaven as of very early this morning. She was the most amazing mother and has played that role for many others. Mother's Day will forever be a special day for myself, my family, and all those who have known her. I love you mommy."

"This is Katie, Lisa's youngest daughter. At 12:05 this morning, the Lord took Lisa into His hands and carried into heaven peacefully. Please continue praying for our family, but she is no longer in pain, and will forever be smiling down on all of us. ♥" This was posted on Lisa's FB.