Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    OK everyone. If you would like to send a rose or roses for a big pink bouquet for Lisa, please call Francis Florists 770-949-8711. Say that you would like to add rose(s) for $6.75 a piece to the Pink Rose Tribute-they will know exactly who that is for. We must have at least 12 roses (I purchased 2). If you prepare ahead of time what you want the card to say they will write it out and attach the card to your rose. The gentleman I spoke to said their business is doing the family flowers as well, so just saying "Pink Rose Tribute" will be sufficient. He warned it you try to do it on-line it will ask you for a delivery charge so calling is best. Joni
  • suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Thanks so much for arranging this Joni!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Joni, I also thank you so much for arranging this.

I placed my order for one Pink rose for our dear sister/friend.

• eph3_12

Apparently the flowers will be at the viewing tomorrow which I is 4-8PM tomorrow so please if you are ordering, the sooner the better apparently. 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Added to the bouquet too!  Thanks Joni!!  Lisa will be very much missed on these boards!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Thanks, Eph!  I've added to her bouquet, but as of this posting they could still use a few more to get to one dozen, so I hope some others will choose to think of Lisa and family in this way.  It was also nice to be able to offer condolences to the family via the "guestbook." 

Like Meece (and her avatar,) I am also remembering Lisa with some orange flowers (up at the top of this thread) like the ones Lisa used in her profile picture.  

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I bought 6.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Thank you, that makes up for those of us who don't have a credit card!!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I just added 2.

• barbaraa

My card said BarbaraA and the gals from BCO.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

My card says:

"Pink Hugs dear sister/friend.

Valjean"

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Mine says, "Sadly missing her too.  ~elimar (BCO)"

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Nice! Thanks for setting this up Eph! I just called and ordered 2 roses - she said looks like we're going to have a nice big vaseful. I bet it will be so beautiful!

• fmakj

I have also let the girls on the TN thread know about this bouquet.  I copied Joni's information about it onto that thread.

Mine said "Very much missed on the BCO Boards"

• eph3_12

Thanks Mary Louise.
  • fmakj

No,  THANK YOU Joni, for making these arrangements! 

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Thank you Joni for giving us the information and setting it up so we could order our flowers, I will have to call in the morning as they were closed by the time I read this.

The other night I was reading our thread from the beginning (read 50 pages)and realized there are only a few of us still posting, for whatever reason, but Lisa has posted for a very long time I know we will all miss hearing from her :(

My sister went for her mamogram today and she now has calcifications in both breasts and a suspicious area that I think she will have biopsied. I cryed all afternoon, I think alot of the tears were for Lisa and my aunt whom we buried last Thursday.

Hugs to All

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

OG56 - Sending good thought and prayers for your sister - hoping for B9 results.  Please keep us posted.

• eph3_12

OG-prayers for your sis on the way.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

I'll call in the morning too, just seeing this now.  Thanks Eph.

• barbaraa

oCG -HUGS coming at you !

• eph3_12

The viewing is @ 4PM Eastern & so depending on where you are in the country, keep that in mind when you call.  Mary when you call in the AM will you ask how many roses have been purchased so far?  I posted the info on 3 threads, and by my count there is somewhere in the vicinty of 20 something, but the original info got posted onto a couple other threads by others that knew her from different threads so I'm not sure what # we are looking at.  Lisa's daughter will post a picture on FB, she promised me. And I will make sure it gets onto BCO threads!Smile

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Thank you so much for arranging this, Eph.  When I called my order in I could hardly speak.  The woman on the other end of the line was so sweet and so touched that the internet could bring so many people together in support.

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

My prayers are added to all of yours for Lisa and her family, I love the rose tribute from her BCO sisters and will be calling in the morning as well.

May her family alway remember the love of their mom on Mothers day.

I hope all the middie moms had some special treatment Sunday. My DS made brunch for me and cleaned up after making it. Lovely. Then I went to nursery with DH where he got hanging baskets for Front porch - his traditional gift for Mother's day dating back to when the kids Elementry school sold plants as a fundraiser. I love way they look and would be bummed if I did not have them to look at.

Hugs to all...

Jean

• christina1961
    christina1961 Member Posts: 450

This is a wonderful tribute to such a warm woman with a great sense of humor! 

OG, I hope everything turns out ok with your sister.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

OG you and your sister have been added to my prayers.  I hope she is B9.  If not she is lucky to have you there to help her get tru this.  I am blessed that my sister went thru this and she really helped alot. 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

As of 9:13 AM (Eastern time) including mine there are 34 roses :) 

Meece - I can relate...when the charming man I spoke with asked me what I'd like on the card, I suddenly had the lump come up and couldn't talk. He seemed to know that and just waited :)  I asked him if someone could take a picture and he assured me they would. After I hung up, I wondered how I thought I'd see that picture!  Glad Lisa's daugther will share one too.

Hugs buddies.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Oh my, that will be a tough picture to look at!!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

I also did my ordering this morning.

HUGS♥

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

OG-sending prayers for your sister.  Hopeing it is B9