Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I have added three to the arrangement just now.  She said that is going to be lovely.

OG Hugs and prayers going up for you and your sister for B9 results too.  Sorry for the loss of your Aunt.  Sad time we have here.

I have been reminissing on where I was this time last year, prepareing for BMX.  As someone just said to me.  It is good looking from this end; and I am so glad I have found you all to help lead me through the rest of the journey.  A scripture comes to mind for me, Isaiah 40:31 "But they who wait upon the Lord shall RENEW THEIR SSTRENGTH.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Thanks ladies from me also who doesn't have a cc to use, although I feel bad, it isn't about me it is about Lisa and however how many flowers get there is the point, I always know you have my back!!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

blondiex46: a number of us purchased more than 1 so to cover those who couldn't...I am finding myself getting more hunkered into myself the closer to 4PM eastern time approaches.  By 4PM back there I'm sure I will be a mess.  May be I should call in sick after lunch?

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842

Eph.....feeling the same way you are.  Found myself crying in the car listening to Rascal Flatts,  Stand By You. 

I have tried to talk to DH and some good gal pals about what I am feeling today......as much as they try, they don't get it. 

Navy

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Feeling the same as well..........

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Me, too. Prayers going up again at 4.

• I ordered a rose this morning and like the rest of you found the florists (I spoke to a lady) to be very nice and touched.  I said something about BCO and she said, "oh yes, I'm very familiar with your group."

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

I also tried to tell someone about it at lunch today and while she was sympathetic and has known me for years and knows my connection to BCO, it just doesn't connect with other people. I don't fault them, it took me a while to believe that what I felt wasn't just a fluke thing in the beginning too :)  Strength in numbers kids, we'll just keep holding each other up when we need to.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Just got back on here - missed the rose boat....feeling numb...death really is a possibility here isn't it? I didn't know Lisa but know if she was involved in any of these threads, she was a special and strong woman. Hugs to her family and those who 'knew' her ...how incredibly sad.

• kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145

I just got jumped on this thread, I did not have my time with Lisa, but my heart and soul go out to her family...and I know that she has moved on but I just wanted to share that I was given the "cancer free" from my MO today...I really wish that she was given the same prognosis!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Kim - It is always great to hear the "cancer free" news.  Congrats to you.

• eph3_12
    kal_1865 those words are definitely worth a big YAHOO-congrats!Smile
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Congrats Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

im not on this thread often but my prayers go out to Lisa and her family. May she be resting in Gods embrace smiling down on all!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Yeah, kal_1865!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Wonderful news, Kim!

This is just what we love to hear!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Congrats Kim,  celebrate long and hard!!

Love n hugs coming at you.  Chrissy

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Yeah Kim!

• kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145

thank you everyone for being on these threads. I have not posted much but I have reaped the benefits of reading your posts and you have no idea how it has helped me to get through my surgery and treatments.  now it's time to heal, grieve and accept what has happened to me in the last 9 months.  thank you all so much!!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Kai, you are very welcome, glad we could help!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Welcome to our newest Middies, Christina1961 and Kai_1865!

Is everyone else still having a problem entering this thread at pages other than the last one?   I noticed another strange thing today...When I first made my Dx line long ago, I had Stage 1b on there (then I found a different chart that grouped me into Stage 1a, which should be correct) so to be the least confusing I just changed my Dx to simply read Stage 1.  Now I see Stage 1b has come back on its own.  Since I always enter this thread at Page 42, that's likely how I had it listed back then...and I'm stuck in a time warp on that.  Anyone else have their personal info. act funny lately?

Finally, since my computer is still taken apart (and the virus may have "totaled" it,) I am going to jump the gun just a little bit by starting the "happy dancing" a day or two early for JeanH & Paula66 who have their LAST chemos this week!  (In case I can't post in the next days.)  Whoo-Hoo Ladies!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

congrats Kim, woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sherryc

elimar-when I look at your signature it is showing Stage 1a

• Kateygirl
    Kateygirl Member Posts: 1

What a great idea!!!!!!   I was initially dxi 1989,stage 1 ES+/PR+/HER-.  I was 41.  I am now 62, had remained cancer free for 21+ years until recently.  Out of nowhere lung & bone mets.  Went to several "top" docs in NY.  All of whom could not dx recurrence simply because 21 years later was not likely.  Well so much for the so called "top" docs.

Anyone out there have a similiar experience they can share with me?

Katey 

• eph3_12
    E-I'm coming in at the correct page(s) for all the threads I visit, you are showing as Stage 1a on my computer & all I can say is YOU ROCK for being able to keep track of who is finishing what!  You are my American Idol Wink
  • elimar
    Katygirl, most of us on this thread are not that far out from our initial diagnosis.  When you say recurrence, are you saying that the pathology was the same as the original Dx then?  That is a long time.  Shockingly long for it to rear its ugly head again.  I don't think I will quit holding my breath about recurrence when I reach the "Big 5 Year" milestone.  Hearing your story, I guess I might never get to exhale.  We are glad to meet you here, but I will advise you to go on the Stage IV forum and look thru' their many threads.  I think that might be the easiest way to find someone who got recurrence so far out, and I'm hoping they can chemo your mets into oblivion.
  • Sherryc

Katygirl, I am in my first year of diagnoses, but I have a friends mother who had been cancer free for 30 years and then it reared it's ugly head again 4 years ago with bone mets.  She is doing amazingly well and is in her 70's.

Elimar you just never know with this disease, my MIL has been cancer free for 42 years and is now 82 years old.

• elimar

Eph, I am not really very good at remembering at all.  In fact, I say to all reading, please do not be shy about "tooting your own horn" when you finish something up or have some all-clear results.  Around here, we are middle-aged, with middle-aged memories.  And some have chemo-brain on top of that.  We need reminders.  I know I do anyway.

I see my Dx did switch over, maybe needing a little reaction time this morning.  I guess I will leave it at Stage 1a, which is accurate.

• eph3_12

I know that E-I was being semi-facitious, altho you & all my BC friends are my American Idols (and Canadian, Australian, Irish, English, French, Indian.....) I guess "We are the World" Michael Jackson & company were singing about!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Katygirl, so sorry you are back! So sorry too, that you have proved, yet again, that ER+ cancers (which are slow growing) tend to recur WAY after the 5-year mark! Hugs to you, sweetie!