Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

LOL kal have one for me!

• Paula66

Cheers kal!!  I like the funky glass.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

having absolute ruby red (as in grapefruit) and OJ as my nightcap ... figure the OJ makes it healthy, right?

Joni, do you go to all their games? I applaud anyone who does that ... I confess I don't think I would but I'd like to be put to the test :)  come on grandkids...come on :)

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Eph, I spent many a holiday weekend on the soccer sidelines It was a little annoying back then, but I miss those days now.  Enjoy them while you can, soccer mom.  Now I'm waiting to hear how her team finishes...Good Luck!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

so Paula, how did you get a picture of kal's cat?

marlegal, only 1 child whose games I attend & I go to all her home games; away games depend on whether I have to drive other kids or not, but now that most all of them have their licenses, the away games are usually not so critical for me to go to.  

• Paula66

Hmmm my mad new computer skills are getting good, lol.  I was laughing so hard when I say her cat and my sissys cat pic.  They look alike.  One group I go to 4 of us had cat avitars that all looked alike.  That was so funny. 

My sissy and I have alot of the same friends on fb and sometimes we change our profile pic to the same one.  It can confuse a person pretty easy when we are both chatting at the same time, lol.  This had become the highlite of some of my evenings while I was recovering.  Im a real party gal huh, lol? 

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Marlegal that is the way we go and I thought it was hideaway beach you said you go to (yes we pass it). We actually stay within a few blocks of convention center since that's where all the action is at. Have to go see all the firetrucks on display and check out the vendors in the tents :).

It always amazes me how much alcohol is consumed that weekend. It reminds me of one really big frat party.

Paula lol on the fb pics. My DD had the same pic as me for a while and her name looks like mine at first glance. Once we were having a conversation on her status and it looked like she was talking to herself.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Marie, that's too funny!

• Paula66

Marie it makes me giggle to read that there are others who do that on fb.  I know what ya mean about the conversations cause thats what happens when me and my sissy did that.  I even had to do a double take. 

• elimar

Phew!  I'm still pruning in the front yard, but I think it's coming along nicely.  (See pic at top.)

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! THANK YOU TO OUR MILITARY, PAST & PRESENT, FOR YOUR SERVICE TO HELP ENSURE OUR FREEDOM.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

OG congrats on three years

HNS I live in Texas and the snakes have been terrible this year.  Lot's of snake bits and people going to the ER.  the picture of your house is gorgeous

mjbmiller hope your Dad is able to get his wbc up and get out of the hospital

Lynnea hope you get to feeling better soon.

• heartnsoul76

Yikes, Sherry! Do you think it's because we're having sort of a drought? I don't think it's going to be a very rainy summer here.

I'm going to have to set up a box and mark it "Armor for Outdoors".

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Elimar, are you sure you didn't try to sell cosmetics to the castle on the hill at the end of your block and end up bringing home a nice young man with an affinity to make topiary scuptures in your garden?

• neecee
    neecee Member Posts: 125

Hey Paula66 - where in Illinois are you?  I was born in West Central Illinois.

• elimar
    Meece, Maybe I did and maybe I didn't, but somehow I think I would first go for an unwashed pirate before I'd bring home a "Scissorhands!"  On second thought, I could use a haircut.
  • marlegal

reesie, I'd love to coordinate sometime if we're heading to the shore the same weekend. heading over to north wildwood is easy from my place, as you know!

eli, I can't believe you have the energy to type after doing all that topiary work - good job kid!!

paula, a few weeks ago my dd's and I went to NY for the weekend - we stopped for an after dinner drink at a bar and had the bartender take a pic of us - one of the best of the three of us that has ever been taken. I used as my profile pic for a while, and then saw that each of the girls did too. sometimes I'd go on fb and see a post and think "gee, I don't remember saying that" cause I only looked at the pic, not the name, before realizing it was one of them posting - for a few days we all had as our profile pic and several fam members got confused by the posts :)  fun stuff

• elimar

OG56,  Will be thinking about you tomorrow & waiting to hear how your check up goes. 

HnS,  Thanks for "decorating" the thread with something for Memorial Day.  I was a little slow on that, as I got distracted by topiary pictures.  It happens.

• reesie

Marlegal the convention is always the third fri/sat in sept. We'll be going down on thurs 9/15and staying til sun. It would be great to meet you. I actually only live about 20 minutes from you ( I always say if the river wasn't there I would be in philly).

I'm in philly every week for chemo (well every 3 out of 4 weeks) - Einstein Center One on Bustleton.

• Paula66

Hey neecee nice to see another cornfed chic on the site.  I am from around springfield.  born and raised in Taylorville.  Where you from?

• marlegal

Reesie, we'll work something out for the 9/15 weekend - I love that time of year after Labor Day when things calm down a little. If there's a gathering of local chatters before then (doubtful with summer) I'll let you know too. Even though I work in Phila, Bustleton Ave is a bit far as I work in Center City Phila. Otherwise I'd try to meet up for lunch during one of your chemo days. Do you drive through Center City by any chance???

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

El- I love the elephants, I know that on one of the threads all of us supporting each other was referred to as something about elephants but the Arimidex causes such dementia  I can't remember the saying! Thanks for your well wishes and the banner too.

I think it's time to start drinking and building a new Man for 2011, and since it's summer he shouldn't be wearing to many clothes, and my first desire is that he does housework.

I googled hunks that do housework and there was actually a guy with a featherduster and there is a pink ribbon for BC on the page!! but I can't make the photobucket work dagnabit!
  • kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145

my DH and i have had a tough couple of days with my little Josie (my 16 year old cat in my avatar) she's been very sick and the doctor's have not been able to determine the cause.  anyway, after 4 days of being on the "death watch" we went to a ceremony for a friend at a Knights of Columbus today.  He was a awarded a bronze star for his service in the army for the Vietnam War back in 1969 BUT never knew this was the case.  Apparently he had a nephew that wanted to track the family and asked for his Uncle John's info, the army sent a package and John comes to find out that he was awarded this medal.  Today in Elizabeth NJ he received that medal from his country surrounded by friends and family....unfortunately hi wife sucommend to cancer 1 year ago and was not present for this heartfelt, emotional award.  Thank You John Haggarty for your service to your country!!!!!

• heartnsoul76

kal - thank you for that great story! It must have been a very touching ceremony, so glad he was finally honored.

Hope your Josie gets better soon. My little dog Molly has been sick the last few days, too. I finally figured out that she must have gotten ill from the Round-Up the landscaper sprayed on some weeds Tuesday. It was so hard to determine because her symptoms were seemingly unrelated, but I finally made the connection. It's been like caring for an infant around here. She is definitely getting better, but very slowly. I expect it will take about 2 weeks.

Normally, after we walk her, she comes inside and licks her paws and grooms herself (she was raised by cats). But I figured it got on her feet and then she ingested it. Her main symptoms were hind leg weakness and difficulty swallowing, so we have been carrying her and feeding her soft food. She licks water from a dropper, but lately, once in a while I have heard her drinking from her bowl. And she eats her dry food every now and then, too. But it has taken 6 days to get this far.

I don't know if your cat ever goes outside, but I was totally caught off guard about the dangers of Round-Up for little pets. 

• kal_1865

heartansoul76 my gosh what a story!! my little josie has not traveled past the threshold of any of my doors, she has remained inside all her life but I can't help to think that my cold dank basement may have developed issues for her.  i hope that was not the case, i just want to be selfish and spend more time with her.

I am so glad that i was witness to my friend John's ceremony today on Memorial Day. I could not have spent the day in a more fitting way.  He is one of the only persons that I know that has experienced war and is willing to share his stories personally; the love the atrocities, it was a very moving day!

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Picture - man ironing shirt.  fotosearch - search  stock photos,  pictures, wall  murals, images,  and photo clipart

I need all my cotton clothing ironed for summer too!

• kal_1865
    og56 i am more than willing to have my clothes ironed, my sheets could also be done with no problem....
  • reesie

Marlegal that would be great. Unfortunately I don't drive through CC we go up Cottman to Rt 1.

• elimar

Laundry, vacuuming, putting the toilet seat down...all the sexy chore poses!

• neecee
    neecee Member Posts: 125
    Paula66 - I was born in Rushville and lived in Macomb for a while.  My family still farms in the area.