Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Hi Everyone,  I've been busy with work again.  Back two days now and it seems to be going okay.  I expected to be more tired than I am and almost feel guilty that I'm not.  I do feel your pains in my heart for those of you who are not feeling up to your best lately.  Maybe I've been lucky or just not gotten to the wall yet, either way I'm here to give my support and love to those in need.  Hugs all around and I'm in this with you!  Kitty

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

I've slept off and on for most of the past 2 days. I felt good enough to go to my regular Monday Girls' Night for the first time since surgery. I'm tired and will probably head to my recliner shortly. I have an 8 a.m. appointment with my PCP to discuss why seem to be retaining so much fluid since my sugery. After that I am seeing my BS. Please, keep your fingers crossed that the other drain comes out and that the dreaded binder be forever banned. 

My biggest discomfort, right now, is an intense burning sensation, in my skin, on the upper part of my chest. It feels exactly like a very bad sunburn. The area isn't hot or pink. Without regular doses of pain meds, the skin is so sensitive, I can't stand to have anything touching it. I'm sitting here, topless, right now. (Nobody peek.Embarassed) Also, my underarm, on the side of the surgery, feels like I have severe razor burn. I don't remember if I had these sensations/pains after my first MX. Initially, both of these areas were very itchy. I'm thinking it's probably nerves that were disturbed during surgery. Benedryl cream helps, on my other mastectomy side, when I feel the itch I can't scratch. Anyone else ever felt that? I'm going to try it and see if that calms this down.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hauntie.. es the unscratchable itch! i had a bilat and sometimes the itch drives me nuts. I always wonder how can something that is numb itch so darn much!

I will be hoping and praying you drains come out. That was a huge turning point for me after surgeries made a huge difference. Hope you feel better and I didnt even peak!!!! 
    :)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Jo-- an award winner! Can I have your autograph? Janis-- sounds like you need a massage-- that always helps my headaches. : ) Hauntie that does sound like nerve issues. I wish I had the answer for you. You might want to reach out to your doc. You are lucky to have a doctor you trust and respects you. Wish I had that with mine.

Internet still on the fritz-- and I am not so good typing on my I phone. Fat fingers!!!

Ladies do have a good night! Let's hope this week doesn't bring us any more earthquakes or hurricanes or floods or fires or any other disaster !!'

• tinkertude

ILL second that Claire!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Praying for removal of the drain Hauntie so you can recover for Monday!

• KittyGirl2011

Hauntie - Really hoping that itch goes with the drain.  Sending you some soothing cooling hugs.

• Hauntie

I tried the benedryl trick. It doesn't seem to be helping. The only thing that seems to help is pain killers. If I don't find a way to calm this down, before I leave for NY/NJ, I'll be driving topless (and I don't mean the roof of the car). Seeing both my PCP and BS fomorrow, maybe one of them will have a solution.

• reesie

Haha E sometimes I think it would be nice to bite some people's fingers off.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Happy cancerversary to Jo, who celebrates by making the journey better for others!  Thank you Jo.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Hi Meecie !  You have been missed. I hope life is treating you well.

Jo ~ you are a wonderful sister/friend. I know you are not celebrating this "day", but I want to wish you many, many, many more of them. How's that?? {{hugs}}

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Jo, congratulations! I know it's been a tough year and it's all behind you now. An early morning toast to many happy healthy years!

Foxy

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Jo--Yeah!! you made it thru this year with all of us standing beside you!!! You are not alone!! Besides I brought a friend that wanted to give you a big hug. Please don't hurt his feelings!!!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Congrats Jo, how do you feel about sharing?

We really are surgery buddies Hauntie. I am going to ps today and hoping to get my last drain out. It was 29 for the last 2 days. Ps says under 30 for 2 days and it can come out, so hopefully.

I am confused. I had a MRI just before surgery, and nothing "lit up". Also after surgery bs said she didn't see any cancer. When I called for pathology she said excellent results, 1.2 cm tumor in breast and .2 cm tumors in two nodes. Not sure howany nodes before since I had neoadjuvant chemo. This doesn't sound excellent at all to me?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Claire - Do I have to share?????  Please don't make me.

Tink - I would gladly give you my autograph.  

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.  Not doing anything special today.  Just grateful I made it this far.  I look at it as a bump in the road. 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

jo,  Happy one year cancerversary!  Just putting some distance between yourself and  B/C is a good thing.  Enjoy!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Hauntie I hope your appointments today go well and you get some resolution for all the discomfort.

Jo.......big soft hugs your way! 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

kay1963,  Hope to hear back later today that you are drain-free.

reesie,  When is your surgery?

• reesie

Surgery is Sept 6 to get pins in my left tibia and femur. So any east coast ladies should join us for dinner at Friday's on Sept 5 I we get to meet Chrissyb from Australia. I'm so excited (see my thread on the Stage IV board for details.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

reesie....I so hope your surgery goes well.  How exciting you get to meet some of the people here.  Have a safe trip getting there.  Enjoy.

cmblastic.....what a great anniversary gift to Jo!  I'll have to make sure I let you know about all my future milestones!  LOL. 

• KittyGirl2011

Jo, I'll wish you a happy day today and may you have many, many more happy days well beyond a cancerversary.  Kitty

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

hautie hope you can get your pain taken care off and your drains out

Meece we miss you on the boards.

Reecie glad you are going to be able to meet up with Chrissy B before you have surgery

Jo happy cancerversary.  One year behind you and I am clelebrating our friendship.  Sucks that BC brought us together but thankful for what has come out of it.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Congrats Jo!!!!!!!!!!!!  Doing cartwheels for you!  You go girl

• tinkertude

So glad we are friends Jo!!!! 

Reesie... good luck with your surgery and have a wonderful time meeting Chrissy. How great to be  able to meet the friends we make on here have a great time

HAuntie... hoping that drains is coming out for you!!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I am so grateful to still be here and to have all you gals as friends & sisters.  I am so glad I could share this day with everydone.

Ressie - Good luck with your surgery - you must let us know the day went with Chrissy - she is also meeting some of us Texas gals in San Antonio.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

I'm supposed to go to meet Chrissy in the outer banks, I wonder if there will be any left for her to see!

Reesie, good luck with the surgery. I sure hope you finally get some relief. You sure have been through it. I'll be thinking about you!

Foxy

• Hauntie

BAD, BAD, TERRIBLE, BAD DAY

I thought the last drain not coming out today was bad. I thought the blurry vision in my right eye that turned into intense burning and sent me to an emergency appointment at the opthamology clinic was bad. Even worse, when they told me I had a chemical burn on my right cornea and even though I didn't have any symptoms - there was also a less severe burn on my left cornea  - probably from some saline solution I used for my contact lenses.

No, the really terrible news just came from my PCP, who just called me with the results of all the labs she ran earlier  today to try and figure out why I'm retaining so much fluid post surgery. All the tests came back fine, except one that may indicate something going on with my heart. She didn't understand why this might be until she talked to my BS who reminded her about my chemo. My PCP was on maternity leave during that time.

I remember having the MUGA scan. I don't remember whether it was the adriamycin or cytoxin that had the potential to damage my heart. I could go on line now and look up what damage it may have caused, but I won't. Not until I know that I need to know.

An echocardiogram is being scheduled for Thursday. I reminded my PCP that I have an important dinner engagement in NJ on Monday. She said she knew how important it was to me and that's why she was rushing to get these tests done right away.

When I got the all clear pathology report on the PMX, I thought I beat the bastard. Turns out he may have still come back to bite me in the ass.

Prayers please and hugs. I'm scared.

• reesie

Oh Hauntie, virtual hugs now and real ones next week. It was the damn Adriamycin - not sure what it does though.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Hauntie,

I have put you in my prayers - we'll all be in your pockets holding your hand during your upcoming tests.

Hugs,

Trish

• tinkertude

Oh HAUNTIE..I am so sorry . What a day. So much yu have endured already and more is thrown at you. I am so sorry. Of course i will be praying that everything is going to come back clear and your heart is just fine. . Im wrapping my arms around you in love prayer and friendship!!!!  Know that we are here for you !