Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hautie - Oh sweetie - I am so sorry.  Am adding you to my pray list.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

hautie so sorry for the news.  YOu have been through enough I hope this is just some big mistake and everything turns out OK with your test.  ((((((((((((((((((((((HIUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU - As long as I have you gals in my pocket (and my xanax supply holds out Smile)  I'll make it through Thursday and beyond.
  • tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

WE will be there Hauntie!!!! hope its a big pocket! :)

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Hauntie I am terribly sorry you had to get such crappy news!  I know it is hard not to panic, but try to get through the next couple of days.  I can't imagine, but it is very possible there is no serious damage.  Big big healing hugs headed your way.  Prayers too.  We are here for you hon.  Vent away!!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Okay....everyone jump in!

Hauntie, I think I got the pockets we need now so we can all be with you on Thursday. You'll make it through and we'll be holding your hand.  Don't forget mine is the rather fuzzy feeling one!  All my cyber hugs for you!  Kitty

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

{{{{{ ♥ Hauntie ♥ }}}}

I will be with you Thursday as well.

Keeping you in my prayers. I know you are scared.......{{ big cyber hugs }}

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Count me in to Hauntie!!  I'll be there to.  ((((((hugs))))))

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

HAUNTIE--BIG ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) to you and hope all your tests come back ok. Dang that chemo!! I'm jumping into that pocket too. We're here for you!! 

• justmejanis

Count me in....make room for me in that pocket please! 

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Reesie--I meant to ask--are you anywhere near the flooding?? : /

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Haunt, my surgery buddy, sending you virtual (((((hugs))))). And hanging out in your pocket. I hope the echo comes back fine. I just had an echo after finishing AC and a couple of Herceptin. It measures an EF fraction, mine stayed at 65. Onc said that usually if the. AC or perception are going to damage your heart, it does it right away, so it would be really unusual for this for you. Wishing good news for you and sending good karma. Can't wait to meet you on Monday. Just realizing that is labor day and the traffic getting back across the bridge to Philly is going to be a bear. Probably the later you leave, the better. We'll have to make it an all nighter!

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Hauntie, I am so sorry for your news! Move over girls, I'm getting in the pocket too! I'm so hoping everything will be ok. Just focus on what a great time you will be having with Reesie and the others. Hopefully that will keep your mind busy. Just squeeze my hand really really tight when you start to fret, I'll give you the right one, it's strong!

Big cyber hugs

Foxy

• jo1955

Make room for me too.  I am small and won't take up much room.    ((((HAUNTIE))))

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Had a muga scan before chemo but no heart checks after.Is that standard proceedure in US or just if symptoms are there?

• Hauntie

You ladies are incredible. Thanks so much for all your support. You gals must remember Captain Kangaroo. It was one of my favorite childhood shows. His name came from the extra big pockets on his jacket. I'm borrowing his jacket, so there will be room for all who want to join me Thursday. I'm not sure how long the echo takes, but I want you all to be comfortable.

Kay - That news re damage is comforting My MUGA scan and chemo were 17 1/2 years ago. I've had numerous EKGs and chest xtrays since then. It seems like once you hit 40 they start doing EKGs whenever you show up with any pain that could remotely be related to your heart. They've never showed anything out of the ordinary. If there is damage from the chemo, it probably means I've been living with it for a long time with no ill effects.

Also, I'm getting a hotel room.I don't want to make the (3 hr) ride back to New Paltz Monday night. I'll have an extra bed, if you want to stay over. We could compare incisions. Smile

Good news - my eyes feel so much better this morning. This is one of the most painfull things I've ever gone through.  I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy. 

I'm doing ok emotionally - remaining calm - what will be, will be. (That's the xanax talking.) Actually my biggest concern is not making it to that dinner Monday night. I've made sure every Dr I've seen recently knows about this important engagement. I asked my omphamologist if I'll be able to drive Sunday. He said probably. The way my eyes feel now, I'd say that would be definitely. My PCP and BS both know how much this means to me. They're almost as excited about this as I am. The only thing that will keep me from coming is if something turns up, that is so serious, they hospitalize me

• jo1955

Hauntie - Of course you are going to make that engagement on Monday.  We will all carry you if we have to.

• Hauntie
    Just changed my avitar, to a picture of myself, so those of you going Monday will be able to recognize me. Wink
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Oh Hauntie sweetie!!! THIS you do NOT need!! The fact that you have no symptoms other than water retention is a very good thing. If there is damage, there are so many first line drugs before anything drastic would have to be done. I take 5 heart pils a day (one of the reasons I didn`t do recon) and have for the past 18 years!! Just something to think about. They may start you on Hydrochlorothyazide which is also known at HCTZ for dieuretic purposes. You can do this!!!!

• justmejanis

Hauntie when I first saw your new avatar, I thought I was looking at a picture of Jaqueline Smith.  Seriously....talk about stunning!

I just KNOW you will make it to the dinner.  Of course you will.  What a special time for you and just focus on that, and meeting such great friends.  You'll be there!

Here it is, just as you remember.  Plenty of room for all of us!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Just now reading your news, Hauntie.  WIll be thinking about you tomorrow, waiting for you to come back and tell us it was a false alarm on your heart.

I know I have called the various B/C treatments barbaric before.  It is so weird that lots of us had no sick feeling from the cancer (yeah, I know some were still too small to wreak much havoc) but the treatment leaves many with ongoing issues with heart, lungs, eyesight, bone pain, poor memories, etc.  Women take it in stride, saying, "I don't care.  It was worth it.  I'm alive."  Yes, there is that silver lining, but we shouldn't have to settle for chronic conditions as the trade off for getting rid of the cancer.  Oh so many improvements are needed, and the snail bringing them doesn't seem to be in a hurry.

• Kay_G

Oh Hauntie, you are stunning!  I am glad to see a pic of who to look for.  My pic is in my avatar also.  And so are Reesie's and ChrissyB's.  I am looking forward to Monday as well.  Thanks very much for the offer to sleep over, but Tuesday is my daughter's first day of school, so I have to get back on  Monday night or I would take you up on that.  Thanks so much for the offer though.  I really appreciate it.  Can't wait to meet you!  I know this is just a stumble in the road for you.  I agree with you Elimar though, not far at all!

• Hauntie

All kidding aside, this is the real me. I figured since you people have never met me, I might as well be one of the prettiest BC survivors I could find. Believe it or not she's 8 years older than I am. She must have a very, very good plastic surgeon. Kate Jackson, on the other hand - bad, bad plastic surgery.

• elimar

I like the real you just fine Hauntie.  (I did take a K-Mart circular ad to a salon once to show them the way I wanted my hair layered just like Jaclyn's.  Hehe!)

• Kay_G

lol~  Hauntie, I am embarassed, I am so gullible!!  Haha, that was a good one.  You are still georgeous though!

• Hauntie

Janis - that's the coat. That was probably my favorite tv show when I was a little kid. Captain Kangaroo and Sherry Lewis - those were my 2 favorites. About 20 years ago, I had disc problems that confined me to bed for the entire summer. I spent it reading and watching tv reruns of Captain Kangaroo, Sherry Lewis and Leave it to Beaver. I can still catch Leave it to Beaver, but it seems the Captain and Sherry are gone for good. It's a shame. I found great comfort in taking a little journey, back to my carefree childhood, with them that summer.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I missed the "fake" Hauntie & so when I read justmejanis' line about looking like Jacqueline Smith, I was a bit confused.....not that you aren't stunning Hauntie, I just wasn't seeing the dopelganger with J. Smith!

• elimar

I remember Shari Lewis more from my kids' childhood in the 90's than from mine.  We went to one of her live shows just a couple years before she died (uterine cancer) and she autographed the kids' ticket stubs.  She was adorable in real life.  My kids' called her Lambchop's "Mom."

• Kay_G

Thing I remember best about Shari Lewis (also from the 90's show) was that annoying song my kids always sang.  "This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because.... this is the song that never ends....."  Oh, how I hate that song.  LOL

• elimar

Uh-oh!  Earworm!