Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

reesie-hugs and prayers for today for you and your team, will be in the pocket  too

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Reesie prayers to you for today and every day.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts for healing, Reesie.  (((hugs)))

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Gee out sick and you get really behind.  Feeling much better and at work.

Wellcome to all the newbies but can't remember names.  This is a great place to be for questions or just to hand and chat.

Reese and janis will be in your pockets for surgery, I pray all goes well for both of you.

And every Dr I had asked the alcohol question too.  But I don't drink much either and I guessed they believed me.  Kay I don't have red cheeks.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

((((Reesie))))) You have been in my thoughts today!

((((Janis)))) You have been right there with Reesie in my thoughts today.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Reesie thinking of you today and wishing you strength and healing.  I so hope you can recover easily and feel better very soon.  You have been on my mind all morning.  Healing hugs.....gentle ones.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

When I was about 5, I was with my dad out on the golf course on a cold blustery day.  I was standing on a knoll, holding a big umbrella & a gust of wind lifted me up and carried me gently down the slope.  the picture up top brought the memory up for me.  I think windy, blustery, gusty days are my favorites & it probably stems from this memory as well as the safety I felt being with my dad.  He has Alzheimer's now & I like sharing stories with him--he doesn't remember himself, but he smiles and seems happy to hear me tell him my favorite memories.  Makes me sad & happy all at the same time (sorry for the hijack-it's just the picture got me!)   

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Just flying through with GOOD news!

Mamm NEGATIVE - repeat one year!

Now I can breathe again!!!!!!

((( reesie )))

((( Janis )))

♥   ♥

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Valjean...outstanding news!  So happy to hear that.  Yes, breathe, big happy breaths!  Congratulations!

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032

Hi everybody, here is what my pathology report says. I have Infiltrating Lobular Carcinoma, Well-Differentiated. Because of its samll size and the fact that it was caught so early, my doc is hopeful that the prognosis is good. I won't know for sure until the lymph nodes are looked at. They look good on the mams, but surgery will tell the tale. I just had an MRI of both breasts because my cancer tends to be found in multiple locations. Will post when I have more info about that result. Will probably have surgery next week or the following week. May depend on whether I have a mastectomy or lumpectomy. I was told a plastic surgeon can attend the surgery and get started on reconstruction if I need a mastectomy. Wow, what a roller coaster ride! I feel dizzy and nauseous both.

• juliet62

wonderful news val jean, , congratulations and now go and celebrate!  hello yorkiemom, welcome to the club nobody wants to join, this site is wonderful for info and the women here are so supportive and knowledgeble. we do tend to come with you on the appointments but we do bring our own snacks ! 

• pupmom
    Hi juliet62! I'm so happy I found this group. I have a difficult road ahead and the support here is awesome! Smile
  • juliet62

yes they have been so helpful to me,   have you looked at the site specific for ilc and the surgery ,there's always someone that can answer any questions, and your so right the road is long, but with the support and love of people i hope it wont always be difficult for you

• pupmom

I will check that group out. I didn't think I had this unusual dx, but the more common one. Also, it looks like I have Stage I, but, again, won't know for sure until lymph nodes are tested. I already looked at the Stage I group, but won't post there until I know for sure I'm one of them. Fingers and toes crossed!

• juliet62

will keep everything crossed to,(((hugs)))

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

This page is good news/bad news I see.  So happy for you Val!   So, have you had a DEXA?  Do you know how your bones are doing on the Aromasin?  Keep breathing nice and deep.  We get so aware that The Beast might be lurking around every corner, but some of us get by and never have to see its ugly face again.  Quite a few of us actually.  Keep your eyes on that prize!

yorkiemom, You are a card-holding member of the club now, and it's sure nothing to celebrate.  I hope the MRI will show that you just have the one area, giving you the option for lumpectomy, if you choose that.  Some think things start to move kind of fast now that you know surgery is in your future, but some think get it out now, the quicker the better.  I kind of liked getting right to it quickly myself.  If it all comes at you like a whirlwind, stop by here to catch your breath.  Let us know how the MRI comes out and any specific questions you might have.

Eph, L-O-V-E your story!  As a kid, my friends and I always tried to "fly" with our umbrellas, but we had small kid-sized ones.  Leave it to a Dad to give you the giant golf umbrella!  Wonder if Mom ever got to hear the story?

• Kay_G

Great News Valjean!  Have a nice stiff drink to celebrate!

Hope you're out of surgery and starting your recovery Reesie.

Yorkiemom, you have a good start on everything.  There are specific forums and threads here with women with a LOT of information.  But you can always ask here too.  I have found everyone here to be extremely knowledgable and helpful about just about everything.  And if not, they most likely can point you in the right direction. 

Rads went very smoothly today, #10 of 28.  The clinic gave me some aquaphor cream mixed with lidocaine even though I wasn't too red since I won't be checking in with them again until next Monday (unless I have problems).  I am crediting the advice here of applying cream/lotion right after tx with keeping everything good so far.  I know it is cumulative and it will get worse, but I am glad that so far, so good.  Janis, how is your radiation burn?  I hope it has begun healing.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

kay1963 & current rads girls,   I did really well with rads (pink, sore, but no open blistering)...I just thought of one other thing that might have helped in my case.  I had one three day weekend because I was doing mine over Labor Day.  Wow!  I noticed that having that extra one day off did make a difference that following Tuesday.   Then I had only a four day week that week.  Well, I started to get sore at the end of my fifth week again, so I asked for another three-day weekend.  My RO was 100% cool with that.  He didn't even blink an eye before saying o.k.  Again, I felt like I had one extra day of healing when I needed it.

Maybe it didn't make any difference as far as skin breakdown, but I know I felt less sore after those three day weekends.  In the grand scheme, it does not really matter if a day is skipped.  They did it on the holiday themselves, anyway.  So, (and I'm sure a couple RO's would want to swat me for saying this) if you REALLY feel the rads building in your chest, it IS something you can ask for.  Of course, if I get recurrence down the road, that will show me, won't it?   Kidding.  My RO said a day does not change the effect.  Probably just messes up their scheduling.

p.s.  SORRY, I forgot to get this tip out there in time for you janis.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Yahoo Valjean!  I agree a stiff drink is needed. 

Welcome yorkiemom.  The gals around here are great.  They are also very helpful.  If you need anything just post away.  

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Reesie- hope your surgery went well today and you are blissfully healing while you sleep. I tried climbing into your overnight bag, had to push aside a bunch of cheetos and some how knocked over a margarita--hope I didn't make to big of a mess. I found this guy lurking around so I made him clean up! 

Plus he can give you a little TLC if you need it!!! 

• pupmom
    Yep, now I'm an official member, ugh. But at least I'm in good company! Smile. I've got so much to deal with, but am grateful that my surgeon is super positive about my prognosis. I'm very scared about surgery. We're seeing an onc this Thurs. and meeting again with the surgeon on Fri. to map out "the plan," shudder.
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

yorkiemom - Welcome to the club no one wants to be a member of.  The beginning of this journey is the worst - the waiting and trying to figure out what to do.  Once you have a plan in place it seems to get easier.  At least then you will know what will happen when.

Claire - I wish I could have woke up looking at that.  I may have found a reason to have him stick around longer - LOL! 

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195

Elimar, thanks for the tip! I'm just into my 2nd week of rads, and I'll tuck that little tidbit away for future reference. It may come in handy!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Forget the TLC!! I can get that from the nurses! I need him for something ELSE!!!!!!!! MEOW...!

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Reesie-I am thinking of you. Hugs to you sweetie.

• Kay_G
    Claire, just so you can be ready with a nice present, my b-day is Jan. 8.Wink  and I am not talking about a cake fyi
  • stjude10
    stjude10 Member Posts: 230

cmblastic=had I known you had such good connections, I would've informed you that today was my 1st chemo tx and I could've used some company...and I'm thinking I coulda used some...Timothy Olyphant. Oh my, he's not a dr. but he's damn fine!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Wow, I can't believe how much "lighter" I feel after the weight of the mamm results is off my chest. (chest - breast--- okay, I'm being silly here)

Yes, eli, I had my second DXA this past January, two years after the first one which was done before I began Aromasin to get that baseline in.

My left hip = Fracture Risk Not Increased = Normal / Previously 2009 = Osteopenia

Lumbar Spine = Fracture Risk Increased = Osteopenia / Previously 2009 = Osteopenia.  But from what I can determine, it is a slight increase. (But, I'm not a doctor, I only play one by necessity!)

So I would say that I've had improvement in my hip & I'm holding fairly steady in my spine. I think the next DXA in Jan 2013 will show more of a trend one way or the other. I do take Fosamax.

barbe1958 ~ You so crack me up!!

Welcome yorkiemom ~ As the others have said, you will find lots of support here with hugs whenever needed.

No stiff drinks for me to celebrate. My DD makes the best Margaritas & she is 7 hours away. Besides, my Jose bottle is empty, sooooo..... I'll have a virtual one if anybody is offering.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

when it came time for my 8 boosters after my 25 regular rads, I asked for them to be scheduled mon, wed, & fridays - worked out excellent.

• juliet62

claire you will be busy in jan because my birthday is the 7th!