Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Mary's favorite song in the Poppins movie "A spoonful of sugar"  - must be Elimar's theme song!

Yay-Zumba, you were able to get us posted.  Hope the neutrapena or however it's spelled goes quickly! 

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

I haven't bought my Halloween candy yet either....I'm going to wait until the last minute so I'm not tempted!

I'm being bad and taking a break from my tamoxifen for a few days. It's been strange because even though I'm still premenopausal, I was beginning to have a few hot flashes and leg cramps at night the last few months so I expected the tamoxifen to just make those symptoms worse. Wrong!!! All my menopausal symptoms went away and my ovaries kicked in high gear. For the last two weeks the pain has gotten worse and worse every day; Tuesday night I woke up at 3AM and it felt like someone was putting a knife in my right ovary...ouch! Fortunately it didn't last long but it scared me so I told my darlin husband that I was afraid to keep taking it. It took me back to the days when I was on fertility drugs trying to get pregnant. Since tamoxifen used to be used as a fertility drug in the past, I guess it decided to ramp my ovaries up. I probably have more estrogen running around in my body now then I did before I started taking it. I remember how after I took the clomid, they did studies that showed that women who took it for more than four months in a row were at a higher risk for ovarian cancer. I was so glad that I had only taken it for four months! I don't need the tamoxifen to do that to me. So I guess I will end up having to do the lupron shots and take one of the AI's which my MO said we would do if I had too many problems with the tamoxifen; she said that tamoxifen has never been her first choice for people anyway. The fun goes on....

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368

Barb58, the SE are one of the reasons why I've opted not to do Tamoxifen. I've already been plagued with all the hot flashes and stuff, for a couple years now, so why make it worse? And at this point, it's been 10 months since the last time I had my period, so I think I'm finally crossing over to the other side.... either way, hope the pain goes away for you, and good luck with whatever you do.

OK, I just have to comment on something that's been really confusing me here. There's Barb58 and there's barbe1958. You're both not the same person, right?? I think this is the first thread that I've actually come across both your names together. Whew! I really thought I was going crazy here... ok, back to your regularly scheduled programmming....

• LovesChristmas-Barb

Thanks orangemat! Yes, we are two different people and I didn't know about barbe1958 when I picked out my name so I keep thinking I should change mine so it's less confusing.

• LovesChristmas-Barb

I changed my name! After a few weeks, I'll drop the Barb part after everyone knows who it is...

• orangemat

Though now your name over your icon makes you sound ultra-religious... ;)

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    That works for me orangemat....though I hadn't noticed. That is funny...Smile!
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Eph, are you sure about that?  It just might be Supercalafragiwhatchamacallit.

Barb58,  I'm going to want to shorten that to ILC, and those initials aren't too well liked around here.  iloveC doesn't work either.   Hmmm, I'll think of something.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Too many pages to read. 

Zumba and Eph love the picture of you too thanks for sharing.  Zumba glad you got the picture thing figured out.

Paula love love the stuf muffin LMAO too funny!

Reesie so glad all went well for your sugery but too bad on not get the two-fer.  Think the next one should be free.

ilovechirstimas--when I first went on tamox my estrogen kicked in gear and my sex drive went into overdrive.  DH was not complaining.  It has now settled down.  I have had cyst issues in the past but they have nto bothered me on tamox. 

Go tomorrow for my 6 month screening, mammo and US.  Hate the roller coaster seems like I just got smashed and I am doing it again.  Not smashed on white russions either!!! Wine will do just fine and maybe some of that chocolate you gals keep talking about.  May have to make a trip to Walmart after work.

• orangemat
    How about I<3xMas?
  • YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    reesie, so glad to see you back!  hope you continue to do well.  i've been thinking about you.
  • LovesChristmas-Barb

Hmmmm....I guess I'll have to think up a new name.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

How about Holiday Barbe?  LOL

Reesie, sorry you didn't get your twofer, but glad everything went well.  Hope you keep feeling better every day.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Doesn't suzwes come on this thread?  There is a bodacious picture of her on FB with a glass of wine bigger than her head!!!!!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Reesie so good to see you posting again.  Sorry about the single surgery.  You had more than enough for one day.  Heal well....gentle hugs.

Sherry...best of luck on your tests tomorrow.  I know everything will be clear!  Happy thoughts!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    o-mat & kay,  LOL.  Must be shorthand.  Can do lower case ilC.  That doesn't look too lobular, does it?
  • Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Reesie - glad the surgery went well. 7 hours- jeez. -- and no pain. What are you on? and where do I get some. Wink Sorry you didn't get your twofer. I agree you should get a freebie on that one.

My insurance company is so generous that if you get readmitted to the hospital within 30 days they won't charge you another $700 co pay. 

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

jo1955-Donna IS close by. We really should get together sometime! I'll message you when I get back from vacation.

I'm finally done, done, done with rads! I can hardly believe it. There were times when I felt like this day would never come. Thanks to everyone for the information and inspiration! Since my RO was in the 'ignorance is bliss' school of thought, the information was especially helpful to me. All of your stories and funny tales have helped me when I was really down, and it was great to have somewhere safe to rant. Good luck to everyone with finishing treatments, upcoming surgeries, assorted challenges, and exciting new adventures! I'll be checking in just in case I can lend a hand (or heart). Hugs to everyone.

• Ceeztheday

Ladies, a question for you, does anyone take vitamin D3. I bought some today, 5000 IU, but don't know if that is too high a dose, too low??? Any info will be appreciated.

• YaYa5
    ceeztheday, i can't answer your question about D3, but i want to tell you that I LOVE padre!  i've visited there with friends and i have the most wonderful memories.  they were an older couple who lived there for years ... he built some condos and they lived there when it wasn't as developed as it is now.  they're both deceased now, but oh, how i loved being there with them.  love SPI!
  • Ceeztheday

YaYa5-It is a wonderful place! We love it here. Have been living on South Padre Island since 2006. It's time you visited again. Come on down!! It's off season now and it's a great time to visit. Weather is perfect. Sandcastle Days are this weekend!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

ceeztheday - If you are going to take that much D3 try and do it in a split dose - half in the am and the other half in the pm.  Our bodies only absorb so much and eliminate the rest - you don't want to waste your money.  Definitely PM me when you get back from vacation.  Big congrats on being done with rads - where did you do them?  I did mine in Edinburg and my RO was a total idiot.

• YaYa5

oh, how i would love to come visit.  i almost bought a condo last time i was there, but it's a long drive from oklahoma city.  maybe when we're both done with treatment, i'll just take you up on your offer.  

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Ceeztheday the question on D3 I would say it depends on what your level is.  My level started out at 42 and my MO wants it between 65-80.  He put me on 2000iu's a day.  It went up to 57 and now has dropped back down to 44.  So I am currently taking 4000iu's trying to get it up.  If you have not had your level checked ask your Dr. to do it.

• Ceeztheday

YaYa5-Sounds great! I'll look forward to meeting you.

• Ceeztheday

Thanks Sherryc!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Good Luck tomorrow Sherry.  I will be there with bells on.  I just might make them pastes so I have some place to put them, lol

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Ceeztheday- Happy dance for you!!! No more rads--WOOT,WOOT!!

• Ceeztheday

Thanks Claire. I love it!!

• Ceeztheday

jo1955-My treatments were in Harlingen. My RO was pretty much the same as yours. lol.