Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
  • zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250

yay, Sherry, thanks. It worked.

• stjude10
    stjude10 Member Posts: 230

What a fantastic pic of the two of you!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

love, love LOVE the pic of you guys!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

OMG Paula; - I'm still smiling over your "stud muffin"!

Nice pic zumbagirl and sherry!  You guys look great!

madpeacock- Way to go girl!  When the catheter comes out it just slides out like it was greased!  So easy I didn't even feel it come out.  I thought the whole thing was amazing.  I got to keep may catheter and we had a virtual balloon fight here with it.

I still have mine when your ready!  LOL, Kitty

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Claire, you can slip Mr. Justified Tongue out into my bag anyday !! I think you'll be busy in January - my b-day is the 19th !

Paula ~ I think I saw a White Russian in there, haven't had one of those in years ! I will share those drinks with everyone, I just ask there be no elbowing to get the one you want. Tongue out 

lwarstler ~ BRCA neg, that is geat news!

zumba ~ Thanks for sharing the beautiful pic of you & Joni. I bet you had a great time - Blizzards, yummy! Haven't had one since July.

• hawaiik
    hawaiik Member Posts: 25

Hi elimar ,

2 reasons for the wait, I wanted to do research and I was told it was safe to wait,however I would not have waited this long except my husband's hip resurfacing failed and he had to have emergency surgery. So there you have it. He will just barely be off a cane when I have my surgery. 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Morinig girls!!!  One more day and then its the weekend.  Time to party!!!  Heres a morning pick me up for you all!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Yorkiemom, I'll be jumping in your pocket today as you see your MO. I'll bring the chocolate, so if you're feeling a little stressed, I'll throw you a piece. 

Thanks Paula for the coffee, I woke up way too early today!! 

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

How come my doctors don't look this good?

• stjude10
    stjude10 Member Posts: 230

Good luck yorkiemom, I will also be in your pocket (and snagging a piece of that chocolate)! And Paula, you read my mind!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    goodluck yorkiemom, you had me at chocolate!Smile
  • Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

OMG, now he may be my favorite!  He's playing Lucas Davenport on a USA movie this week.  Love Mark Harmon!!!  I even like him with gray hair now on NCIS and Denoso isn't bad either.

Good luck Yorkiemom.  Someone better hide the chocolate from me.  I still haven't bought Halloween candy or it would be all gone.  The same might happen in the pocket, unless I could be distracted with pix of Mark Harmon.  That has a chance of working!

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

LOL Kitty - bring it! Wink Not sure I want to keep the cath though... Undecided

My crazy 6-month-old boxer pup ate a sock a couple of days ago and ended up with a bowel obstruction and had to have emergency surgery last night. He's always getting into clothes and such and this isn't the first time he ate something, but usually he barfs it up. Not this time. Sad, tired, and about $3K poorer...like I needed that.  

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Good luck to you Yorkiemom.  Make room in the pocket for me. 

Well I am thrilled to know I am not the only chocoholic here.   I have to wait till 2 hours before dark to buy mine!  Last year we bought candy half a dozen times!  Maybe I should start buying the kinds we don't like?  Hmmm....not sure if there is such a thing.

Zumba and Joni.......what a fantastic picture of the two of you.  So glad you got to meet up!

Paula, thanks for the coffee.  Yum!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Zumba and Joni, great pic of two happy ladies!  Joni, still waiting to get together with you for our pic!  Someday...

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Loved the photo of you two it is so nice to see some of us are getting the chances to actually meet..

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

zumba - What a nice picture of you two.

Claire - Love Mark Harmon - he can be my doctor anytime.  I do have to admit, my MO is absolutely gorgeous and the nurses agree with me. 

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Zumba & Joni - Awesome photo! :) 

It cracks me up how this thread experiences these fun detours into all sorts of...treats, shall we say. We women sure know how to entertain ourselves! I'll take the white russian and some of those chocolates, and leave the aging naked rocker to y'all. :)

I, too, have an automatic mom eye-twitch at the picture of the impending doom pictured above. She's totally going to slip when she lands, and certainly there are nasty bacteria in that puddle, and she's going to ruin her shoes, and her clothes will be wet and we'll have to go somewhere... This is assuming she doesn't fall over what is bound to be a dangerous ledge back there. Hmmmmmm, I wonder why my nickname is "Safety Mom."  

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

zumbagirl,  Thanks for sharing your pic.  Wish I could have joined you two.  I agree with mumayan.  Also, thanks for the tip about the vinegar/listerine soak.  I had not heard about that before, but I think quite a few get the nail problem.

hawaiik,  I see.  In your case, it was good you had the option to wait on the surgery then. With invasive, we can't get ours out fast enough!  Glad your husband is recovering, a slow process, I know.  Remind us as your December surgery gets close.  We're supportive, but we don't claim to remember everything around here.

kay1963,  I cannot buy chocolate bars for Halloween. Cannot withstand the temptation.  So, I bought some Airheads.  Have eaten a good number of those.  Bought the bag of carmel assortment candies.  Started off innocently having a few milk carmels with a nice juicy apple, progressed to eating every Butter Rum Royal in the bag.   I do have will power, but I have a bigger sweet tooth.  I guess I haven't met a candy I don't like.  What to do?  They don't let you give out horseradish or turnips.

• elimar

Oh, looks like I better find a new photo for the top, but aren't things supposed to get a little scary at Halloween time?  Steel yourselves!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I actually have a vanity plate for my car: SWT 2TH

My name is Barbara and I am working on my THIRD box of candies with the fourth one already in the bowl!!! Why oh why do I do this to myself!!??!!?? Glad to know I'm in good company though....

• elimar
    Barbe, You won't be able to join Sweet Tooth Anonymous with that license plate.  ;-)  You have totally outted yourself.  My confession would be that when I eat Boston Baked Beans, sometimes I just eat the burnt sugar coating and not the peanut inside.  That's pretty bad.  My poor teeth can testify to that.
  • KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Candy, candy, candy, candy, Mark Harmon, oops!  Oh no, now you all know whats on my mind today!  Either I need therapy of a party, with chocolate! 

Best wishes today Yorkiemom, make room girls I'm jumping in.  Kitty 

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

I LOVE Mark Harmon - he's my kinda hunk (as a matter of fact I just said that to my DD the other day when we saw an NCIS commercial).

Well everyone I'm back in the living - only got BMX - surgery took too long (7 hours). BS. Had to do a skin graft but no pain so that's good. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and pocket handholding.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Glad to see you back reesie!

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Welcome back reesie! We've been thinking of you. Glad that your pain is minimal.

• elimar

reesie, Glad you are doing o.k.  The big question...how many drains are you sporting?   Guess the ooph will have to wait til next time, but that will be one more punch on your Free Surgery card.  What?  Your hospital doesn't have that?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Ceeztheday - I just read where you live  - I am close to you.  Live in Donna in the mid-valley.  We should get togther sometime.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

20+ years we've lived in the woods, 20+ years I buy lots of halloween candy "just in case" 20+ years I eat it all! Not one single trick or treater!

No more sugar for this gal (just the virtual kind) so no more halloween candy.  DH said if they make it all the way here he'll give them a dollar!

Nice to hear you are good Reesie.