Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Cheers Valjean!!!!!!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Lori, I hope I can slip this in your bag before you head to TX.

I'm sure he will find a way to keep you busy and take your mind off the chemo!!

And what's with all the January babies?? ; ) guess we will all be busy. . .

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Claire..I am July. so you get to wait a long time for me.  Unlike the others I'll take one of your amazing cakes.  I'll keep my DH! 

Thinking of Reesie this morning.  I hope we at least hear she is okay soon. 

• cmbear

Just had to post one of my personal favs--since he was just singing on the Today show. Living proof that yoga is soooooo good for you.

and how come he can look so sexy with reading glasses--and I just look old? Sixty never looked better!! 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

So is everyone having birthday "beef-cake"?

My cautious personality looks at the picture in the header and makes me worry about her slipping when she lands on the slippery wet pavement!  I can be such a worry wart.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Who the heck is that, Claire!!! I believe that once your chest hair goes gray, you no longer flaunt it.

Meece, it occured to me too!!!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

sting from the police

• barbe1958

Oh man!!!! That just popped another fantasy!! He looks like an OLD MAN!!!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Barbe you must know who Sting is.Surprised

• cmbear

Sorry Barbe--that is Sting-Gordon Sumner of the rock group Police. I don't mind looking at gray hair on a man that is as in good shape as he is. I tried to find a picture of him fully clothed, but why?

Sorry ladies for all the beef "cake" pics lately, figured they were less caloric than all those cake treats!! If I can't have it in real life, I can at least dream!!!! 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Stick to the dream version.  I'd rather have cake.

But only if the cake can refrain from being a "pompous arse."

• cmbear
    Guess I just have weird taste in men. Sorry  ladies.Frown
  • elimar

He stays in great shape.  I'll give him that.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368

Claire, I'm with you, Sting is definitely on my list. But then again, I like me some pompous arse. ;)

• lwarstler
    lwarstler Member Posts: 123

Valjean: Yay!!! Happy dance for you!!

Yorkimom: Welcome, sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us! Hope your MRI yields much good news and helps to confirm you are stage 1. Jo made a great point that things really do get easier when you have all the information and a plan is in place.

Claire: I'm with you...I think he still looks amazing!!!

oh yeah, good news yesterday...I am BRCA negative!! 

• elimar
    LOL, Orangey!   Foot in mouth
  • elimar

lwarstler,  Happy dance for you and valjean!

• Paula66

Yahoo lwarstler!!!!!!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Great news lwarstler and valjean!  Here's a happy smile for you!

Speaking of birthdays, mine is coming up on Nov.2.  I like cake AND beef cake (virtual kind)  A girl can always dream Wink!  Kitty

• lwarstler
    lwarstler Member Posts: 123

How about a beef cake eating cake?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Iwarstier - Can I have some of that?????  LOL

• Paula66

LOL i was trying to find you a man Jo so I started the hunt.  PB didnt have any good picks and when I typed in stud muffin I came across this.  I laughed so hard I almost wet myself.  This is for you all, ENJOY!!!!!

• cmbear

Paula-LMAO!!! Too funny!!!!

Lwarstier and Valjean--Happy Happy news!! what a great day!!! So good to hear good news for a change!!!Laughing 

• barbe1958

OH I know WHO he is, I just didn't recognize him. My neice has a pic of him and her at a bar in Toronto just this summer! I think it was him....?

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Whew, go away for a few days and look what happens! Surprised Welcome to the newbies - from a newbie myself. Thinking of those having surgery and problems... I finished day 3 of the internal rads today. So far, so good! Having NO problems or issues. This has been so easy. Four more treatments and the catheter comes out Friday afternoon after having been in since last Thursday. Will definitely be looking forward to a LOONNNGGG real shower. Have to do the sponge bath thing since the cath can't get wet and I have an open wound/insertion site. Thankfully my shower has a removable head on a long hose so I can spray where I want. 

Was fussing about having some drainage from the insertion site until one of the techs told me that was a good thing as it meant the balloon wasn't sticking to the tissue inside and therefore would come out easier. Oh. Well. Drain away then. (insert picture of faucet here...)

Was 80 degrees yesterday and 48 today??? That's just not right. 

• stjude10
    stjude10 Member Posts: 230

Claire, I can't thank you enough for that hunky man you sent me. You are truly the best. I just saw it, and it couldn't have been at a better time. We are on the second day of cold rain, as I am also on the second day of awful acid reflux...so I thank you!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Paula - You crack me up!

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250

thank you Sherry,

I will try that. Update, I found out today at my herceptin apt, that I am nuetrapenic. I had my last chemo on Sept. 21, so I am kind of surprised my whites are so low. Has this happened to any one else? My nail are so sore, and all of them are lifting, and my oncologist said to soak them twice a day in half vinegar, half listerine regular, and it has really helped the pain, and taken the yellow ooze out of some of them. I had my mapping and tats, at the radiation place Monday, and will have my first radiation apt, this Monday, the 24th.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Zumba-dont blame it on the snickers blizzard!  That sucks that the neulasta didn't do it's job.  Glad there's a treatment that's semi helping those nails-they are gnarly!

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    I would never blame it on the blizzard. that was yummy, and the fellowship was awesome Smile