Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

reesie hope you cont to feel better,good luck today janis with your tests

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Ceeztheday,  Happy dancing for you completing rad.  Keep up with the moisturizing.  It is a good idea to first get your Vit D. checked.  If MO won't, your PCP will.  Ask for the 25-Hydroxy D test.  I was similar to Sherryc.  Started at 39 and after one year got up to 66.  I was taking 200 to 400 ius for the most part, but did use a bottle of 500 ius during the Winter when I hibernate.  Check out "help with Vitamin D" thread also.

• elimar

No, I haven't forgotten...Here's is the WEEKEND MYSTERY PIC.  Happy guessing!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Looks like a paperback novel.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Looks like a piece of worn fabric.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Does look like paper,  how bout the phone book they leave on your porch to get soaked??!!

• cmbear

Sherry--in your pocket today.  sending good vibes for a perfect test. up late last night so I'll bring the coffee.

Who is bringing the donuts?? 

• elimar

Oooops!  I thought today was Saturday.  It's brain fog in general and the fact that my husband stayed home from work, so it feels like a Saturday.  So the Mystery Pic is up a whole day early now.  Maybe I will put it on the page again tomorrow, just so the ones looking for it on the correct day find find it easier.  My bad.

Good Luck at your 6 mo. check Sherryc!  Hope you don't have yo wait for the results. 

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

That's ok E. I thought you were late and it was Sunday. Wishful thinking I guess lol.

• elimar
    Tongue out  Tongue out  Tongue out  LOL, Reesie!  Wink
  • Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Elimar-Thank you for the cute dancing mouse! Also, thanks for the D info. I guess I need to get tested before I go crazy with it. I do get a lot of sun in south, south, south, south Texas and I may not be deficient in D. I just want to do everything that I can to avoid a recurrence. I 'm sure that you know what I mean. Have a great day!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

My guess on the mystery pic - a well loved bible.

Trish

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

I say its mounds of patient records

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I think Mum nailed it!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

newspaper

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    mumayan beat me to it this morning, a well-worn paperback.
  • marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195

:::raising my margarita glass in a toast:::

Happy Friday, ladies!

margarita

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

I saw a wet magaizine!!  Hi everyone been gone awhile life is busy!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mystery pic - a worn spot on a nylon tarp???

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Oh my gosh-the kitty on the pumpkins looks like the very young stray who wander into our household in Sept.  He's still around & is now about 3 months old-makes DD & I officially cat crazies (we have 4)  

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Hey buds. I'm 7 pages behind, so no way can I catch up, but wanted to stop in and say HI and Happy Friday!!! I did go one page back, so saw the mystery pic ... good guesses so far but I'll say a sliced piece of wood or looking down at a sliced off tree trunk.

To those having tests, good luck; to those who got good results this week, congrats :) To those fighting, and perhaps not getting the best of news, know that you're in my prayers daily and I wish you peace. Work has been crazy busy and I'm just too beat at night to do more than check email real quick. Hope things settle down soon...I miss my BCO time :)

Hugs to all.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Thanks all for going with me today.  It was not such a great day.  Mammo went fine and then I had the US and when the tech came back and the radiologist was following her I knew I was in trouble.  I have a 7mm mass in my rt (good) breast.  We talked and then he went back and pulled my MRI from last year to double check it and he said it was not there last year.  He says it is solid like a cancer tumor but not shaped like one.  So he tends to lean on the side of it being B9 but he said it has to come out cancer or not.  He said it is very close to my chest wall.  He was going to call my MO and then I have to get with him next week to see if he wants to go straight for a biopsy or get a MRI or what we are going to do about it.  I wish I had enough tummy fat to go ahead with my BMX right now but I don't so not sure what is going to happen.  Would really like to have only one surgery but I may end up with an additional one.  I am actually not freaked out like I was last year but I am pretty angry about having to even deal with anything at all.  Marthah think I'll join you for that margarita.

Oh and the mystery pic I think is the book end that has gotten wet.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    so sorry to hear this, sherry, but hoping with all my heart that the radiologist is right about the possibily that the tumor could be B9.  i'll keep you in my prayerful thoughts.  please let us know what you learn.
  • cmbear

Sherry, I am sooooooo sorry for you to have to go thru this again. I have my fingers crossed for B9. Keep pounding those margaritas, they are high in sugar and will definitely help you gain a few pounds--the real kind not the virtual ones!! : )

I start a well needed vacation today. Starting the day going to Mt Dora Arts and Craft Festival with a BFF. Otherwise, I definitely would be sleeping in. Now if I can just get my mind to erase thoughts of work.. . .My sisters are coming down on Wednesday for a weekend cruise out of Port Canaveral. Still trying to decide if I should take my foobs or not. Haven't worn them since summer started. Don't know if I have enough space in suitcase !! --Its the bathing suit foobs I'm worried about. Hmm what to do, what to do. 

• cmbear

BTW, Eli, that cat is staring at me!! 

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369
    cmblastic  - re bathing suit foobs. Here's a light weight, compact to pack solution - bath scrungies -   those net balls that you use in the bath or shower. You can pick them up at any dollar store, they fit nicely in the mastectomy pockets of your suit and are quick drying. Have a great vacation.
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Sherry, if you have to have a quick mast, you could do a skin-sparing one that will leave you the skin to get filled later....just a thought. You are in my prayers.

Barb58, I personally, LIKE the "ILIKECHRIST" avatar name you got and noticed it right away. I thought you did it on purpose!

That black cat is staring over my head. Are you standing behind me Claire?????

• elimar

Sherryc,   Hope it's nothing more than a garden variety fibroadenoma, but so sorry it means another surgery for you.  I know what you mean about the freakout factor.  You can feel a little more confident in your ability to handle whatever, having been through the whole B/C scenario once already.  Keep us posted.

cmb, Enjoy the week off.  Don't let any black cats cross your path.

• elimar

I indavertantly posted the Mystery Pic yesterday morning...so please look back on page 539 for it, and get your guess in.  Good guesses so far, but as it is only Saturday, I can neither confirm nor deny.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Thanks barbe1958! I love that it worked out that way too! I kept thinking that I had to change my name because I knew it was confusing for people and I felt bad about it. I will gradually drop the Barb58 part once most people know my new name.

Sherry....prayers for you that it will be B-9...I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.