Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Sherry-I will be thinking of you.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Sherry-I am sorry you have to go through this again.  Your courage is amazing!  If you need a hug know that I have lots for you. (((((((((((((((Sherry))))))))))))))

I think the pic is a closeup of a weatherd board on a deck.

E - LOVE the kitty pic!!!  My first cat was like that.  Take care and have a great weekend everyone. 

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Sherry sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else.  If you do get it biopsied and it is b9, you will be able to wait and have bmx and diep in one surgery.  Just a thought.  hoping for b9 results for you.  (((((hugs)))))

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Sherry - so sorry you are dealing with this again, but hope hope hope that it turns out to be nothing serious!

The kitty is definitely looking over my head, and my cat is at about that height behind me! Weird.... 

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Sherry hope you get good B9 results. CANCER SUCKS!

Good news here - going home today, not tomorrow, and only two drains (knocked one out accidentally this morning - the nurse said no I couldn't knock the others out "acidentally" too).

Madpeacock you must have one tall cat if it's taller than your head - or maybe you're just very short :)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Thanks ladies for all your support.  I know I will be fine.  Praying it is B9 but even if is is cancer it is small and that is a good thing.  Went to a pink ribbon luncheon today.  It was a fund raiser for Relay for Life.  Getting dressed this morning I thoiught to myself why did I have to invite my mother and girlfriend to go or I would back out.  But I went anyway and it was nice.  But hard when everyone kept asking me how I was doing.  Did not want to say anything at this point and I am not telling my mother.  My Dad ended up back in the Hospital yesterday and she has enough on her plate at the moment.  I thought the luncheon would be good for her to get out and be with people.  But I survived and am going take a nap as I woke up at 4am and you know what your mind does at 4am.  thinks about all the things you don't need to think about. urggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

(((hugs))) sherry, your in my prayers.    reessie are you being a bad patient? glad your going home early, take care

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Hello ladies,  I've obviously been gone a while.  Nothing bad, just huge work load and work travel and (as with everyone) family drama! Sherry you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.  Although I haven't been on in quite a while, I still think of you all everyday and recommend this site to fellow sisters.

I just caught up with the last few pages and after a facebook request from Eph and Mum, I was asked to post my bodacious picture. I will do it in a second post because firefox is not cooperating so I'll go to a different browser and paste it in.

PS - I think the mystery picture is a microscopic cross section of muscle (sorry - the nurse in me is coming out) - I really agree with Mum though!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    OMG, suzwes!  We have missed you.  Like your screen pic (avatar) and you look good in that color too (Pinktober or no Pinktober.)
  • suzwes

Here I am in a Michael Jackson crotch grab (geeze) and I have on my sparkly shirt that says "Grandma's Sippy Cup"  We were celebrating my daughter's 27th birthday and her daughter's 1st birthday.  (bet you can't tell which youngster is mine - since we look NOTHING alike : )  Pay no attention to the messy kitchen - nothing like putting your clutter out there for all of your friends to view!

• suzwes

Thanks E!  I wore it to a wedding in June so no pinktober meant by that!!!!  Thanks for the compliment. Glad to be back!

• elimar

I notice you have super-sized your wine glass.  I bet it started out full...or are you just a wild grandma that will bust-a-move with the MJ crotch grab while still sober?  Hee-hee, and a ha-ha-ha!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    suz, what i noticed about your kitchen was the awesome view out that kitchen window!  and as for you, i think you look aswesome, too!  thanks for sharing.
  • suzwes

Ha Ha, I wish it had started out full.  I might have to actually fill it at 8 pm tonight to watch my MSU spartans play the Wisconsin Badgers!  The MJ crotch grab was done totally sober - how sad!  Thanks Ya Ya - we are so fortunate to live on 10 acres in Mid Michigan and have beautiful views and wildlife out our back yard!  Thanks for the compliment.  Thankful for my hair, health and my NED - I was bald two years ago and got really cold about now.  Don't forget your hats when you finally get some cold weather!!!!  love your picture, you look adorable!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    thank you, suz.  i certainly don't feel adorable.  having my 5th tx on monday and i've felt pretty bad the past two days.  my legs are so heavy and i have cold symptoms.  i'm usually at my best right before tx so i don't know what this is all about.  i just hope my blood counts aren't too low for the tx. i really dread going.  :(
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

It's wonderful that this thread has so many posters that the pages fly by ... but it's hard too, if you only have a smalll window of time to come and check them out! 

SuzWes, good to see you hon. Love your pics.

Sherry, we'll all be hiding in your pocket as you go for more tests hon. Adding my B9 wishes along with everyone else.

Reesie, you never cease to make me laugh girl! Take care of yourself and follow orders - at least a little, okay???

• suzwes

YaYa5, I do understand.  I'll pray your blood counts aren't too low for tx.  My counts were low only once, I felt bad but tried to work through it and then waited too long and ended up in the hospital for a few days.  I hope you don't follow my lead and I hope you will get things taken care of immediately if you don't feel well.  The faster they can get a handle on it, the better for you (of course you know that).  I'll be thinking of you and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Marlegal - I've missed you!  good to talk to you again.  I'll never be able to catch up with this board so just going to try to pick up on current pages.  

Again, praying and thinking of all of you, especially those who are having a difficult time right now.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Hello there Suzette !!

Wasn't that a FAN tas TIC  MSU win !?!?!

Good to see you again. And we will definitely get together next spring or summer, okay?

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Yeah Suz is back ! Hoist the glasses!!!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Kitty, I was thinking of you this morning when I made pancakes!

Who made coffee??

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Thanks for sharing the photo Suzette but I know how full that glass was.Foot in mouth

Your daughter really does look alot like you.Nice view from your kitchen window.

Good to see you back.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Claire,  Fresh brewed coffee to go with the pancakes.

• elimar

It's tea for me.  Love to have it with some scones.  Dee-lish!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

I was off here for a couple of days so missed the updates.

Sherry....I can only say how sorry I am that you have to carry this new worry!  You bet I am thinking benign for you!  You will be in my thoughts and always count on me to be in your pocket for upcoming tests and/or procedures.  Big, big healing hugs.

suzwes.... I absolutely LOVE the view out your window!  I moved here a little over a year ago from Wyoming.  We had a couple of acres and I miss it so.  I live in a subdivision now and it is not my thing at all.  I love space!

All the breakfast goodies look divine.  No tea for me, but I'll have some of that coffee!

• Kay_G

cappuccino anyone?

• Kay_G

Yay!  I figured out how to insert pics!

• Kay_G

some Sunday brunch food to go with that cappuccino?

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Pass the bacon Kay! Yummmmmm!

• elimar
    I wasn't very mysterious this weekend.  The MYSTERY PIC is pages in a book and it took mumayan all of two minutes to guess it!  She gets to post the next one next Sat.  About half of the rest of the guesses said book of some kind, so you were all on the right track, but this week timing was everything.
  • VictoriaB
    VictoriaB Member Posts: 85

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to write and say thank you. You have all made such a huge difference in my life. The past week I carried all of you in my back pocket as I visited second opinion docs--surgeons, plastic surgeons, etc. and I have learned every which way each doctor would re-excise, place implants, transfer tissue, add scars to my body, etc.  It really helps to know others have gone through this really long process. Thank you! Kiss