Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Ihasamom, can you tell me what your avatar picture is about? It's been bugging me that it looks like you're checking the sex/gender of a hamster or something....!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Val,  Too bad it is platinum and not titanium, which is part of an implant tooth.  I could use one, but my crappy insurance does not cover it so unless it would be a gift, I can't get one of those.

You know, I thought that sounded weird and bionic to have a piece of titanium shoved into your jawbone.  Didn't like the idea.  Then I had my lumpectomy and they left seven titanium clips in there without my knowledge or consent.  Oh, the irony!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I had all my old silver/lead? fillings switched out to the new white ones over this past year. Thank goodness my plan covered it! I thought they would have thought it was cosmetic, but I guess they know the scary facts about the metals leaching into our systems!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Oh Barbe 1958 you made me look!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

well that's pretty scary looking E! How did you know when I'd be stepping out of the house? I look part tree!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Janis I do realize how lucky I am to have had such a wonderful Dad and I have a wonderful mother as well.  They have been all about family my whole life.  My best friend comes from a very disfuctional family and I have watched how they intereact my entire life.  They are exhausting.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Hi ladies I have a busy day tomorrow so I am posting the mystery pic a little early.I hope thats okay Elimar?

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Sorry about the ad

• elimar
    mumayan,  That's fine.  I posted early last week, because my bad brain told me it was Sat. a day early.   I'm going to have to stare at that pic for a while anyway before coming up with my guess.
  • prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

I see it as a satelitte photo of islands or a river delta.

Trish

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Some kind of lizard thingy covered in sand?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mold spores???

• elimar

It looks like a berry cobbler (raspberry?) with the crumble on top being tapioca and powdered sugar. 

Looks like a close up of something edible, I think.  If it is something lizard-y, I will be horrified!!!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

A close up of a pond covered in algee! 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368

My first thought was couscous!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

asphalt ... in the street or driveway.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    chicken soup fat.Innocent
  • eph3_12

octopus

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

I think I see clouds in the upper left so I think it's a a picture from an airplane looking down on the Gulf oil spill around the gulf barrier islands or river estuaries.  Sad to think of, but I hope all is well there.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I think the mystery pic is a close up of a pot of grease.

Wanted to update you gals on my new tumor. My surgeon called and the path results of my FNA were inconclusive and I have to have an excisional biopsy done on Thursday.  I tried to weasle out of it and asked about different types of biopsies but she spoke to my MO and he said he wants it out.  I also called my PS and they thought I should go ahead with the excisional biopsy and see what happens from there and we can still work with my BMX after that.  So looks like I'll max out my insurance again this year and next year.  Gee when will I get a financial break.  Spoke to my boss and told him the news and asked him when he was going to get tired of me and he is so sweet just said he wants me healthy so I can work with him for the long haul.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Sorry that the biopsy was inconclusive. I am glad you are getting it out though. You are dealing with a lot, be kind with yourself. (((((hugs)))))

I think the pic is salt sprinkled on a granite countertop. Probably way off again.

• elimar
    Sherryc,  That is too bad that the FNA didn't spare you from having a surgical biopsy, but at this point you just have to find out what it is so you may as well get it taken out.  At least you know the actual surgery is not that terrible, and I hope the findings are B9 this time!   That's a real blessing to have a boss who is caring and understanding of the time you will need to be off. 
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Hey buds. Just popping in to say hello. Way behind in my reading again, so I'll wish good news to those of you waiting for results, a hearty welcome to any newcomers, gentle hugs to those going through treatment right now, and a Happy Friday to all :)

Not even going to attempt a guess on the pic 'cause I read all of yours first and now it looks like all of them to me!

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

uncooked dump cake?

• elimar

Does anyone have an idea for an EASY Halloween costume?   I go to an annual party and have exhausted my repertoire in the last 5-6 years.  Nothing fussy!

It's either that or do a rerun.  

• elimar

P-time in 8 hours...no presssure.

• eph3_12

E-soccer mom-wear sweats & flip-flops or tennies, carry bottled waters in you pockets & have a soccer ball, have your hair frizzed out to the max & your face half made-up; oh wait-------------------------that's everyday attire here! (Not really) 

• elimar

Thanks Eph, only last year I raided my son's closet for this party and we were a soccer player (me) and a soccer referee (hub) --- only zombies.  I do like to take the less scary costumes and zombie-fy them. This year, hub was going to be a Vet. and I was going to be his cat or dog patient, but before I could get out to purchase ears, nose and tail, he decided he would be "House, M.D." instead, so I scrapped the idea of being a pet, even if I could make it zombie pet!.

• marlegal

Eli, how about an old fashioned mom just waking up ... bathroom, slippers, curlers in hair, cold cream (remember that?) if you have any...maybe a shower cap?  That was my "go to" party outfit for years ... very comfy!!!

• marlegal

lol...meant bathrobe, not bathroom!!!  was going to edit, but laughing too much to get back to it in time!!