Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I am all done with treatment now.  I need to find a seasonal job for the winter I go to check one out tomorrow and pray it is something I want and get it if it is so. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jessie one of these days we will meet up cuz.

Lynniea so glad you are all finished with treatment.  Hope that special job comes your way.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Paula, who is a CWI and what is a sugar skull? My brain hasn't woken up today...

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Barbe,  Edible candy skulls are used in the celebration on the Mexican Dia de Los Meurtos (Day of The Dead, )  which just happend to be today.  It's not particulary somber.  It is a day for joyous memories of departed loved ones.

The tatts look much more elaborate...actually they look pretty fabulous.

• barbe1958

WOWZIE!! I just googled them and they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I could do two in place of nipples????

• elimar

walker2222,   Sorry you messed up your knee.  We will have to temporarily call you "limper!"  I think Kleenex is heading to S.A., too bad you have to miss that big competition.  Congrats to your son for doing so well!

lynniea,  How did you do with rads?  No too burnt, I hope.  Good Luck with the job hunt.

• elimar

I'm thinking of Lisa today.  ((Pink Hugs to Paulding Mom))  I miss her.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

When I first learned about the Day of the Dead I thought it was so nice.  I know your thinking eeww.  But its more of a tribute and a celebration for the people who have died more then anything.  The sugar skulls were so beautiful, I just had to get one.  Lol I thought of them as nipple tats to Barb.

A CWI is a certifited weld inspector. (which I hope to be one when I grow up).  I have to have his stamp of approval on the write ups that I have to do.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Most asian cultures celebrate a day like that as well.I saw the cemetry in HongKong all decorated and people picnicing on the gravestones.

• barbe1958

We Americans (Canada and US) take death WAY too seriously!! We don't let the real emotions out and think of it as too final. I like the way other cultures let their emotions out during the appropriate times and then celebrate the life of the one who passed.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914
    One of my facebook friends posted the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake is there is one less person drinking at an Irish wake.  Wink  I am allowed to retell since I'm Irish.  Cool
  • lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I did very well I just started peeling after it was all over

• elimar
    lynniea,  That's not too bad if it is just like one top layer coming off (like a sunburn.)   Now keep moisturing that side, and I mean for years.  All those moisturing glands on that side have been zapped into a coma, or perhaps death, and no longer work.  Just like if one armpit falls into the rads field, the hair doesn't seem to want to grow back.
  • valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

E ~ I thought of Lisa just the other day, some bc sister/friends of mine had a big get-together this past weekend & sent off ballons in honor of several brave sisters we/they have lost & I thought of our own dear friend & friends from bco .... I like that you keep those orange flowers on your intro post at the top in honor of her & that Sheila also does with her flowers on her Stage 1 page.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Back from vacation and oh so wish I didn't have to go back to work! Got to spend time with my two sisters and caught up on the sister love. Sounds like everyone has been pretty busy--i'm still trying to catch up on all the reading so here's something to munch on while I catch up 

My mind is still on the cruise--not the oatmeal I am eating right now!!! 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

welcome back Claire!!  The food looks wonderful.  Im starving!

• elimar

Valjean,  On the E-Lab thread that Meece made, she now lists PM's weight as "light as an angel."  I love that.  Lisa was someone I "met" in my first month, and she posted on a treatment question thread I had made, then later she posted on this one a lot.

For newer Middles, our B/C sister Paulding Mom (Lisa) passed away this past Mother's Day.  I keep that little symbol of orange flowers at the top for her because her profile picture had those in the background.  So now you know.

Meece, oh Meece, where are you and how have you been?

• elimar

I'm not even much of a drinker and this article on an inconclusive, ambivalent study results really bothered me.  Maybe it was the headline.  Makes it sound like a clear and present danger, but the word to look for in the first paragraph is "MAY."  Tired these spurious findings!

Just a few drinks a week tied to breast cancer

Since there are probably 50+ countries with greater alcohol consumption per capita than the U.S., I say go to a couple of the top countries and see what's up with those women.  It's hard to separate alcohol drinking from all other factors but, still, shouldn't those women have higher incidence?  Just sayin'.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

elimar - I also heard that report on GMA.  What is this - scare tactics to get us all from drinking????  Come on!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Claire welcome back glad you had a nice vaca

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599

JO, I'm confused too... it seems that we need to drink in moderation but not to much to prevent BC. So that's telling me I've missed a lot of fun not having enough drinks??? They started with the proverbial %%% and then I get lost because they add 15% to 40% then 30%... WTH???

I shoulda, coulda have more???

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

I hope I'm not offending anybody but I'm sick and tired hearing something every day about BC.

Today is the drink 3 months later drinking will be beneficiary for us. People still singing Happy Birthday on TV it's already November.Yell

I feel like we became a part of a group everybody obsessed about it. But nothing has been done.

I had absolutely no risks to develop BC and I did.

According to my DR it was an accidental not related to my life style.

I believe in keeping a healthy life style not just for BC but overall health.

Enough is enough.

Elimar sorry for the long ranting but that's how I feel.

We need a cure or a vaccine not a new study which is not helping us.

HUGS to all of my sisters.

• elimar

When the results are may be this, may be that, it all becomes mumbo-jumbo open to strange interpretation.  Wanna say, get back to me when you KNOW something.

Right now, the only "maybe" type thing I am indulging in is using Vit. D supplement.  Does it have any benefit regarding B/C?   Who knows?   But I am getting better sleep now than in the past 20 years and that has been since my faithful, daily Vit. D taking, so it "may" be due to that, I really don't know.

p.s. Seyla, how can a person not rant on this type stuff?  Drives ya crazy!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I want you to know that I want the black & white mask as it seems to be more slimming than the others who were obviously drinking LOTS of wild & crazy concoctions! 

• elimar
    Eph,  You are so right...it does look slimmer!
  • sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Elimar...i just saw a link about Vitamin D. What I understood that there are questions about it too while last year D was the most important thing for BC.

By the way I take Caltrate+VD twice daily. My levels are 46.

Ok i better stop this before i drive you crazy,

SheilaWink

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
    Seyla I agree with you.  I'm a non-drinker and generally keep a healthy lifestyle and I still got BC.  WTH!  We need a cure not more studies with lots of maybe's this and that.  Elimar you got it right too.  I've been so tired of the "pink washing" and nothing definitive has come out of it and I'm only just hitting the 4 month mark into this.  I'm really going to be livid by time next October comes around. UGH!!!!  Well anyway October is done and I'm going to move on, besides it's my birthday! Laughing  Kitty
  • elimar

KG2011, do you mean today?  If so Happy Birthday!!!  Feast your eyes on this cake...mmmm...so pretty and the fruit looks yummy.  Just needs a few well placed candles on there.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Oh yeah!  I'll take it even without the candles.  Yes it's today.  59 and holding now.

• elimar

Many Happy 59 returns!  Or is that reruns???