Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

What a streak of good news!

tiedyemom,  you managed to avoid an unnecessary biopsy -- that's B9-ly fabulous!

KG2001,  Congrats on the new job!

Hauntie,  Seventeen years, may you have many more! 

Now what could really make this a spree of good news today is if we hear from Sherryc and get good news from her.  Fingers are crossed.

• Yay for all of the good news! Good luck with the new job Kitty. Yay for clear lymph nodes tiedyemom!

Yay for 17 years Hauntie!!! Many more I pray!! That does give all of us hope. =)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Hauntie--You are such an inspiration!!! Hoping to follow in your footsteps!

Tiediemom--I had neo-adjuvant chemo--11rounds of Taxol(should have done 12 but my counts were so low they wanted to give me a break to heal before I started my second chemo cocktail) and 4 AC and then DBMX. I hate saying it was doable--it is--but if it wasn't for the SE drugs--it wouldn't have been!! PM if you have any questions!

Kitty--Way to go on the new job!! I wish I had the guts to walk away from my job, stress is just downright sick at my job. But I just posted a rather large dorm payment for my son for next semester. Quitting not an option right now.

Still have my fingers and toes crossed for ((((sherry))))! 

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Awesome milestone Hauntie!  Your are our courage and inspiration that we can move on. 

Thanks everyone for the support for my second job!  It's nothing spectacular, just retail sales, but I do enjoy being able to meet and talk with many people.  Even though I am retired from my school teaching, I can't just sit around.  Anyway, got to run and will check in tonight.  Kitty

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

I am on a plane to Cayo Coco tomorrow but will check back in on Sunday.

Here is the mystery photo.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Looks like a bird's nest

or

lawn mulch

Trish

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I have to agree with prayrv, looks like a bird's nest to me. Mum - Have a wonderful time in cayo coco (I have to admit, I had to look up where in the world cayo coco was)  bask in the warmth for me too and have a drink of the day for me - think about our monkey head drink glasses!

Congratulations Hauntie, 17 years is incredible - here's to many more years of survivorship.

Congratulations on the new job kitty!

Congratulations to tyediemom for the normal lymph nodes.  As far as chemo, cmblastic had mentioned the side effect drugs making it doable and that is very true.  While I still had side effects the anti-nausea drugs were a God send and I took them for the first 4-5 days round the clock whether or not I needed them.  I think that really helped me and while I had no appetite, at least I wasn't vomitting and could sleep well.  If you have specific questions as you go through, just ask!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369
    Don't know when you visited to take the picture , but my guess is a super close-up of my living room carpetSmile
  • elimar

Mystery Pic (bottom pg. 549) looks like a nest.  It does not look like a squirrel nest because that's all sticks.  It does not look like a small birds nest because the pieces look big.  So, a large bird's nest; or something a rabbit or guinea pig might put together (but it does not look quite chewed up enough for that.)

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

I'll add my good news to the mix! Met with MO on Monday and my Oncotype score was 8, so no chemo for me! Woo hoo! I started Tamoxifen on Tuesday Tongue out but so far, so good. Can't tell anything is different. Today I went to the RO for follow up after balloon catheter and got the all clear from them too. So, I went from crazy busy didn't know what was coming next to a followup with MO in December, mammo on "bad" side in Feb with visit to BS in March, and then followup with RO in May. Ready to move on with life! I feel like I can actually make plans now further out than my next appointment. Cool

Welcome to the newbies and gentle hugs to those having surgery, procedures, treatment, etc. Congratuations on 17 years Hauntie - that is inspiring! I'm at eleven weeks post diagnosis, LOL.

elimar - love the peacock up top!!! 

Mystery pic - pile of wood shavings? Looks like there's a bit of carrot nearby, so maybe a small animal cage - guinea pig, etc.

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195

tiedyemom,

Great news on the lymph node! 

The next news you should be waiting for would be the path reports on your tumor(s) BX.  As you will learn in this process, there are many different sub-types of breast cancer. All of these sub-types will drive what type of chemo cocktail they prescribe for you. 

I did not have the neoadjuvent therapy, so I'm less familiar with those regimes. The two sites I always recommend to folks are cancer.gov (NIH's website) and cancer.org (American Cancer Society). I have always found good, reliable information there.

Happy Friday!

Martha

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mystery pic guess - walked down wood on a hiking trail???

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Close up of a coconut? 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Hautie congrats on 17 years, that is inspiration to us all

Tdyde and Lory welcome to the group it is a great place to hang out and ask questions and vent if you feel the need because we all have at one time or another.

Tyde congrats on clear nodes.

I am back.  I was in alot of pain yesterday because the tumor was laying on my chest wall muscle and according to my BS not an easy place to get to.  Today the pain is much better, did not take pain pills this morning but by lunch I needed one.  I have my surgical post op appt Monday afternoon and hopefully will have the path report back at that time.  But BS did say that if it was malignant she would be surprised so that was good to hear. When they got me in the OR and starting cleaning the area around the wire it fell out.  BS said she had never had that happen before and I looked at the mammo and you could see how there was a hook in the bottom in my breast so I don't understand how it could come out but it did.  Radiologist had to come and redo it, but I was out for all that excitement and made surgery a tad longer. So know the waiting game again.  WE all know how that sucks.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

The mystery pic looks like a bird's nest to me as well. 

I forgot to congratulate you on the new job Kitty!  That is wonderful.  Cmblastic, are you the one who said you can't quit, but would like to because your job is stressful?  That is me as well.  Still out on disability, but will probably be going back soon.  Only one week of rads left (Yay!).  I have to see the Lymphedema therapist and see what is going to have to be done for that.  I don't know how long/often the therapy will be yet.  Depending on that, I may have to wait to go back to work.  I hear you on needing the job, I have 2 sons in college and a daughter in 8th grade.  I don't want to allow myself to get stressed out at work any more though.  Not sure what to do about that.  I do love the people I work with and miss them.

• elimar

Surprised The wire fell out?  Wonder if they used the "three second rule" on it?  Tongue out Rest up SherryC!!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli that is funny, I'll have to ask my BS about that on Monday and I am resting.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Sherry, I am glad you're done and feeling a little better.  The BS can usually tell malignancies, so I think it is very promising for B9.  Hope you get great news on Monday.  And take it easy, you've beenn through the wringer. 

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Sherryc that reminds me of my drains. While I was in the hospital I looked down in the bathroom and saw spots of blood on the floor. I thought the graft donor area started bleeding again but it wasn't. So I pushed the nurse call button (figured it was a bad idea to move when I couldn't find where I was bleeding from. The nurse came in and looked and saw my one drain tube fell out (of me, not the drain). The blood was from the tube. Anyway long story medium, since I wasn't putting out much and still had two drains doc said leave it out. When the BS took out the other drains there was at least 10 inches of tubing inside me so I still can't fuigure out how it just fell out. BS said it's never happened before.

Hoping your BS is right and mass is B9.

Congrats Lynda - 17 years is awesome - I just had one hoping for MANY more!

Congrats Kitty on the new job. I'm with claire and kay I can't change jobs now but sure wish I could.

Welcome newbies you'll get some great advice here or just some great calorie free guilt free virtual nacks and/or drinks!

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

sherryc

Glad to hear you are doing okay....rest this weekend and prayers for B9 on Monday((((hugs))))

• elimar

reesie,  Ooops!  Didn't notice you had your one year milestone in Oct.  Here's also something left over from Oct...

walley,  Welcome to this thread.  I think you know quite a few already.   Are you in, or finished with, treatment?

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

elimar

I finished rads on May 27 th. I read everyday,only post once in awhile.Everyone has helped me get through this ordeal.So much compassion from everyone.Lots of great recipes on the other threads.Everyone have a nice peaceful weekend:)

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Mystery pic: flotsam (is that the right word?) along the beach at the high tide line

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

mystery pic:  compost

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Sherry....I am so happy you are feeling better today.  What a strange experience with the wire.  I am really glad to hear your surgeon thinks you are benign.  I am so sure he is right.  Rest well and take the meds if you need them!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

• lwarstler
    lwarstler Member Posts: 123

Sherry: Glad you are feeling better

Hauntie: 17 years! Congrats..woot! woot! 

Madpeacock and tyedie: awesome news!

Mistery Pic: bail of hay!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Mystery pic is corn stalks after the harvest.  Or wheat after the harvest.

Hauntie Congrats on the 17 years, you give us all hope!

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Sherry-So happy to hear that you are doing well..rest up this weekend and we will all be hoping for B9!!!!!!!!

My DH thinks I've got imaginary friends because I start talking to him about sherry and janis, etc. and he goes, who are you talking about! I tell him it's the BC group and even tho' we've never met, we share some of the most personal and honest things. Even things we cannot share with family, coworkers, and friends. The inspiration and information is so helpful. So...thanks ladies, for being my 'imaginary' friends.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Sherry so glad to here your back!  Have a good rest this weekend.  Here's a BIG HUG, you deserve it!

Kitty

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Ceeztheday - I know what you mean about "imaginary" friends.  I have met some of them in person and spent the weekend with one.  To convince your DH that your BCO friends are for real, we need to get together for lunch.  Then I won'tt be an imaginary friend - I will be a real live friend - LOL