Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Inside a kaleidoscope?

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Okay, i may be wrong here, but eli is tricky.  outside the box, huh?  Is it wrapping paper or am I overthinking this?

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

A wild scarf or wrapping paper.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

LOL, kay, I am tricky, but not that time...it wasn't a clue.  I should say it really looks nothing like what it is, it's just that that pic was awesome, so keep firing off some guesses and if anyone gets close at all they will be the winner.  Right now, lets say every one is sub-zero, arctic-tundra-hypothermia-cold, except Paula66, who might just be Iditarod-sled-race cold and it sure is not a sweater.

Will post the answer in 3-4 hours so get guessing   Multiple guesses are fine.  Good Luck.  You will need it.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

MP ... cancer cells under a microscope!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

an oil slick on the ground, magnified a gazillion times

• Ribbon up close. 

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

MP - oil on water

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I have been away for so long and there is sooo much to catch up on.

ceezetheday be with you tomorrow with everyone else.

macatacmv welcome, great bunch of ladies here to help you along the way.

I have been dealing with knee problems this past month and finally got relief.  I have osteoarthritis in my knees and the MRI I had showed that had a divit (pot hole) behind the kneecape and the cartilage had worn away.  This was causing my pain in my knee.  A weekago I got a Synvisc-One injection that lubricated and put a cushion in my joint.  Boy nigh and day pain gone for now.  Good for 6 months.  Must have looked in pain cause everyone says I am looking better.  Hum.

Saw my BS this week, everything good.  She agrees with me that the PS could have taking more skin when they removed the TE.  She said she could do a modification and take the excess out.  Would be day surgery, but no hurry.  See her in 6 months and will decide what I want to do.  Kinda thought this would happen.  Got my final bill from the PS, enough said there.

My chef son made these great cupcakes for a bake off, they were yummy.  Had him make them for work and everyone raved overthem.  Here's a pic

I will try to keep in touch better.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Walker--you need to make sure you bring those cupcakes to the PP tomorrow--they look yummy! Jo and Ceeztheday--got my fingers crossed for the most boring check up you can have!! Looks like I'm going to have to bring my lawnchair since tomorrow will be a busy day. Kay, try to get that heart under control!!! : ) Hope they find out what is making it causing you grief. 

One of my better memories of Christmas was my grandmother's fudge. Will be bringing some along tomorrow--it'll help take us back to a time when we were little and didn't even know what BC was. 

• cmbear

MP--my oldest walks by and says "those look like compression craters." I don't even know what those are and I didn't want to ask him! Dumb old mom. To me it looks like cats' eyes or cats eyes marbles. 

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

incredibly hard may be impossible!  boy, I don't have much of any ideas - looks like an embroidery machine gone wild....

• noodle6
    noodle6 Member Posts: 32

MP-light shining thru a crystal

• elimar

O.K., my picture was totally not fair, but I got so fascinated when I looked at a site that had alcoholic drinks viewed under a microscope.  The Mystery Pic is Vodka & Tonic.  It had one of the prettiest patterns.  Here's a link to the site.

Bevshots.com 

Check out the "browse images" on the site and look thru' their gallery for your favorite beverage.  Some are non-alcoholic.  Another one I really liked was red table wine, as seen below.

I am going to declare that noodle6 is the winner.  These are quotes from the site:

"It is like a prism and the separation of light that is caused when sunlight is shone through one."

and

"The naturally occurring colors are unaltered and represent the magnified crystalline structure for each concoction."

so her answer of "light shining thru a crystal" came closest.

I was thinking the next two holiday weekends many of us will be out and some others (like me) might just feel like turning the computers off so, noodle6, do you think you can wait for Jan. 7 to post thenext Mystery Pic?  We can resume then after a two-week holiday hiatus.  Everyone else can remind you, 'cause I had a little trouble remembering even this week.

Honorable mention to:

YaYa5, for going with something microscopic, but this is way to cool looking for cancer.

Paula66, for her "bad girl ways" which I'm sure included most of these patterns!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Walker, your photo looks like a pastel picture!!!! Tell me it's art, not real. Or something is very wrong with my eyes!

• elimar

For all who have joined the pocket parties today, here's a little something to munch on...

Enjoy!  Good Luck jo, kay, and ceezetheday!  That rhymes!

Where's cmb with the lattes?

• cmbear

I know its early--but gotta start the PP out right--it is the holidays.

Good luck ladies!! i am off to the Mall. . . 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Thanks for the pocket party this morning.  Everything went well and I am good to go until June of next year.  Will have my mammo the week before.  

Claire - the drink looks wonderful.  Here are some snacks.

• walker2222

jo glad it went well, I saved a chocolate gnosh cupcake for you.

• walker2222

I have to learn how to resize a picture, mine came through way too big.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Very happy it went well Jo. I thought mine did, the tech doing the echo told she doesn't read it, but she thought it looked good. But as i was still walking home from the train, the cardiologist called and said there was no change, it was still around the low normal range. She is putting me back on the herceptin any way though, but will add another medication to protect the heart and increase the dose of the one she already put me on. They'll also watch my blood levels closely. So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Ceasetheday, hoping you get good news and hopping in your pocket. I like the reindeer cookies. Pass them over.

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Jo...hooray! Heading to the doctor's office now. Fingers crossed.

Kay...Protecting the heart is good. So glad that your doctors are staying on top of everything and watching things closely. Hugs.

Thanks for the PP everyone!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Sherrybaby glad you found us here.  It is a great place with wonderful supportive ladies.  And hey I like your name.

• Ceeztheday

Boring appointment...hooray! Just got back to the island. He said "bloodwork looks good, see you in March". That's what I like to hear. Thanks for the PP ladies. It was very reassuring to have you in my pocket. Hugs.

• cmbear

happy dance for the good doc visits!! Woot-woot!!! 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Eli, you cheated! No way we coulda got that one.

• elimar

I know!  Someone was not too far off tho'.  I just loved the different drink patterns.  Cheers!

• Denise2730
    Denise2730 Member Posts: 320

Those reindeer cookies are too adorable!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Ceeztheday - Boring appts are good aren't they?  Once the holidays are over and my season winds down, we will have to get together for lunch.  We live too close not to.  HUGS!!!

• Ceeztheday

Jo - Absolutely, boring is good and lunch sounds great! When the dust settles from the holidays, we'll get together!