Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• I'll be in your pocket on the 4th and the 10th Janis....and praying for you too!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

I'll be there for you as well Janis.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Jumping in janis' pocket to get a good spot ... and bringing this along for those in the same pocket as me - hey - a girl has to eat!!!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

ok janis, see you on the 4th and the 10th

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Will be there for ya Janis on the 4th ans the 10 as well.  Yummy cheetos!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Thanks ladies!  Someone has to bring chocolate something of course!!! 

3:56 and wide awake...I hate these long nights!  

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Just popped in to wish everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year. ((Anoying Add)) Just figures how terrible my weekend is going.Undecided

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Janis, I'm sorry you're in a bad place now, worrying about the upcoming MRI. I'll be there for you, too, on the 4th and 10th. Every one of us may be right where you are in the next month, or year.

Paula, I totally agree that my mind is a very dangerous place!! I hope that soon I can get to the point you are now. I know intellectually that it makes no sense to spoil today worrying about tomorrow, but emotionally that's hard to do.  

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Count me in Janis...

Good to see you Mum!!!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I'm in there with you Janis. I'll bring choclate! How about some profiteroles? Had these last night but can certainly get more for our PP.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Wave I totally agree!  You will get there trust me.  The first year for me was that hardest!  It will come to you girl!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Janis - will be there for the PP on the 4th and 10th. I have some yummy chocolates left from the holidays. Will bring them along. Hoping for only good news for you.

Elimar - I am currently on Tamoxifen & Zoladex injection (once every 3 mos) First scan in Oct showed shrinkage (yeah!!). I have another scan on Jan 3 to see where everything is at. Fingers crossed....... For me, being stage IV from the get go was a shock to say the least. I tend to worry on a daily basis as to what is happening inside my body, wondering about new aches or pains - is it SEs of tx or ?? I do feel well most days, which helps me to be more positive. I have a terrific family that has been with me from the start - incredibly supportive. I have sort of come to the realization that I will always have cancer and will concentrate on doing what is necessary to remain positive and stay well. It is also encouraging to hear the wonderful success stories that are posted here. Sure puts the stats to shame! (I have learned not to rely on the stats also)

• justmejanis

BarbaraA.....YES to the delighful plate of luscious yum!  I can't even pronounce it, but know I can eat it!

Barsco I agree about stats.  Let's agree to defy them, period! Laughing

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Got you on the calendar Janis! Hope its "just" a bad disk or something orthopedic! 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Barsco, you just keep on keeping on!

Janis, they are puff pastry balls stuffed with vanilla ice cream then slathered in hot chocolate sauce and whipped cream. And are to die for. I will order a few dozen since you can't eat just one.

• justmejanis

madpeacock...thanks so much, I vote for simple orthopedic too!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

janis,  From one who suffers back pain continually, I am so sorry your severe back pain has immobilized you.  I went through a time (before B/C) when chiropractic treatments to my lower back just seemed to give me a flare-up.  I had x-ray, MRI, saw a few different doctors and (once again) nobody really knew what the problem was.  All I could get out of them was "osteoarthritis" and "some age-related degeneration."  My disk space wasn't that of a 20-year old, but nothing was compressed either.  Finally, over time, it settled down on it's own.  Long story short, try to keep your mind away from cancer; as it can be a few other aggravating things.  Do hope they find the cause for you.

marlegal,   Thanks for getting back to basics and providing something from the cheesy, fried corn food group.

On that note, Happy New Year to All.  I'll be raising a glass to each of you...  CHEERS!

Reality check:  The glass won't really be stemware 'cause I'll probably order a Long Island Ice Tea.  Since I don't drink much, I might as well make it count; and the toast will be more slurred, "Cheeershs!" because that's the kind of lightweight I am.

• justmejanis

Eli...thanks for sharing your back experiences.  I am thinking the same, it is merely some back issue and not cancer related at all.  Will just be great to find out what, if anything is wrong, so I can focus on healing it!  I am not really scared, just a bit aprehensive.  Sure appreciate all the support.  Thanks!!  Big hugs to all. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

OK-never thought I'd be saying this to anyone but-janis, here's hoping it's some crazy disc problems or better yet, muscle spasms-back pain is so NOT fun!  I can't keep up with everyone here, so here's a blanket: Belated Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakah, Happy Kwanza, Happy New Year, Get Well, Feel Better, Congratuations, Many Happy Returns, Way To Go!  Hope that covers it!

DD is celebrating the New Year @ a sleep-over, 1st New Year without her for at least part of the day.  My mom & I are celebrating with a "Closer" marathon which she has Tivo'd (or DVR'd or whatever that technology is that I don't have) and pizza!  Yippee! And maybe some Baileys!

May 2012 be the year we ALL get healthy, skinnier or fatter (whatever your particular need is), hairier, wealthier, more joyful, more peaceful, funnier, sexier, sassier, more creative, more sensitive (or less), smarter, stonger, more careful (or spontaneous, whichever fits), sober, tobacco-free, quieter (or louder, as circumstances warrant), more stunning, and most of all happier!!!!!!!!!! 

Love you all, miss PauldingMom like crazy and want the best for all of you! Joni          

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
    Hi guys! wish you all a very happy and healthy 2012.
  • I hope everyone has a blessed New Year's Eve!! We have a wedding to go to. One of our daughter's best friends is getting married tonight and she's a bridesmaid. A lot of our friends will be there too so we should have a great time as long as I don't get too wiped out. I'm still recovering from my hyst/ooph and get tired easily. No ovaries is definitely also taking a toll emotionally. I cry very easily these days...happy or sad.

I start arimidex on Monday...boohoo... I was telling my husband today that it's so ironical how I felt perfectly fine when that stupid old cancer was growing in me but now that they've taken it out, I've felt nothing but crummy with lumpectomy, radiation, tamoxifen, and hsyt/ooph. Doesn't seem quite right, does it? Oh well, God has a plan for everything and it's better than mine....

Here's hoping that 2012 is a better year for all of us!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Loves Christmas- Barb58  - That is so true. I felt just fine until I failed that stupid mammogram & became a virtual pin cushion. Have been to the doctor more in 2011 than in the entire last ten years yet didn't feel sick.

I am so ready to be done with 2011 and wish everyone health, wealth & happiness in 2012. Happy New Year everyone, be safe my friends.

• noodle6
    noodle6 Member Posts: 32

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!

Joni, that was the best blanket post ever ;o)

BarbaraA, you have my mouth watering

Eli, you can't be too much of a lightweight if you can still stand to make a toast after a long island ice tea!

For about 4 years I said I 'had' cancer, I was a 'survivor'. Then that new lump came along & I felt like a fraud. Now I sit here w/o boobs & once again I feel like I 'had' cancer & I'm currently a survivor. Like someone just said, anything can happen in the future, just gotta live today the best I can. Some days that is certainly easier said than done. Especially in this healing stage when I can't do the things I want to do--sitting around is not my specialty. I'm thinking about throwing caution to the wind & taking one of my mules for a spin this week, even if I have to have my DH saddle up for me. The good news is that I have been able to walk the dogs at the pound again.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

happy and healthy new year to everybody xxxx

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

janis, i'll be there with you on the 4th and the 10th.

Joni- I love that post!

Happy New Year ladies!

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

BarbaraA, I LOVE profiteroles. Did you make them? Buy them? Eat them at a restaurant? They combine all my favorite foods!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

AGREE that Eph's post covered EVERYTHING!  Laughing

Profiteroles?  Is that Southern-speak for cream puff?  If not, I'd be willing to do a blind taste test on each of them, to tell the difference.  Yum-yum!

raj & avensis,  How's 2012?  Thanks for previewing it for us.

BarbA, Does your DH have a gig tonight?  Heading out to dance to a friend's band myself.

Over and out for 2011.  See ya next year.  Innocent   

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Happy Healthy New Year my dear wonderful buddies.

Eli, my Dad used to say "that's a distinction without a difference" and that might apply for the profiteroles/cream puff debate. Generally profit's have ice cream and cream puffs have a custard like filling. Both use the same pastry. Profit's usually get chocolate sauce, where cream puffs traditionally get a dusting of powdered sugar. Bottom line, both will be eaten by me as quickly as you put one down!!!

Hugs and love ladies.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Janis, will be there.  I will be the one all alone in the corner of your pocket with the healthy, tasteless snack!  Probably carrot sticks.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope 2012 brings us health & happiness, joyful times & contentment.

I pray for this for us all everyday........

Hugs ♥