Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    happy new years to you all: consider me a pocket pal, also .. and i count dibs on one of Barbes sweets, too.. good to see you back raj!!!.....3jaysi sent you a pm...
  • walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

Janis

Jumping in your pocket too:)

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Eli, he played at a Yacht/Country Club and I couldn't go. I had planned to walk next door to the golf course and sit on the sea wall and watch the Ilsey Brothers perfrom at another yacht club but the sea fog rolled in around 7 and I decided to de-decorate the tree instead.

The profiteroles were from my favorite French restaurant. I had Coq Au Vin for dinner. Yum!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

What Joni said....

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Happy, Healthy New Year's to all!

Janis, it sounds like your intuition is telling you it's not cancer related. I think your intuition is spot on. Will be in your pocket sipping cappucinos and begrudgingly munching on SAB's carrot sticks. I'll try not to be too loud. (((hugs)))

• barbe1958

Someone PM'd me with:

HAPPIER NEW YEAR

I like that...leaves much for interpretation so It covers a lot of bases!!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Well I'm certainly hoping for a healthier new year. I definitely wish that for all of us.

I'll join in on the pp especially for cream puffs - who's bringinging them?

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

SAB....hey, nothing at all wrong with carrot sticks.  I need to eat more healthy.  So I will have some of the decadent goodies, but your carrots as well.  Sounds really good.  Guessing some others will appreciate them as well.

Kay I love the cappucinos and we'll work on those carrot sticks together too.  So glad you will be there for me!

Juliet, Ceezetheday, Wally, Marlegal (along with everyone I forgot)...THANKS for all the show of sopport!  So glad I have all these wonderful friends to join my parties.  We have the reading of the MRI on the 10th so another party then.  That one if really important.  I know I can count on you when I go to get those results.

By the way, Happy Happy New Year to all.  Wishing everyone a year of much better health and much fewer scares!  Joy to all of you!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

A healthier New Year sound good.  We must eat balanced diets.  I've made a change already.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Too funny elimar!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

Thanks for the laughs ladies. I had sunk into a low space last night and couldn't dig myself out. But the broccoli with the Cheetos made me laugh! It is the beginning of a new year and today the sun is shining and I can take the dog for a walk on the beach and my son is off watching the Patriots play ball so I have the house to myself and can listen to music and eat what I want. So try to keep me down BC, I am coming out swinging and dancing and singing.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Macatacmv...Good for you!  Enjoy the beautiful day, the peace and quiet and all the wonderful food you can snag.  I was down yesterday too but feeling better today.  I hope the singing and dancing continues for you! 

Eli, we need to make a fabulous dip for the broccoli/Cheeto tree! :)

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

oooooo-I have this dry package of dill dip, just add mayo & sour cream--it is awesome.  Y'all can have it for the broccli/cheeto tree, I'll use it on the carrot sticks!

• eph3_12

Eli, what's with the blue extraterrestrial jelly fish?  Did you get beamed up by one last night?

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

LOL Eli

• theBCavenger
    theBCavenger Member Posts: 172

Guess I fit in this category since I am 42! I am still shocked from hearing that I am pre-menopausal! Before all this hit, I was feeling like I was still in early 30's...LOL

• catbill
    catbill Member Posts: 102

May 2012 be the year of miracles.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Welcome DM13 this is a great place to hang.

Janis I'll be in your pocket on the 4th and the 10th

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Welcome DM13. This is a great place to celebrate or to gripe. No judgments. Lots of support.

• elimar

Welcome, DM13!  You sure have been thru' a lot in the past couple months.  Are you doing chemo now (which one?)   I feel like I should point you toward the LYMPHEDEMA thread (just search with that as keyword) because it is something to be watchful for with BiMx and all those nodes out.  Lymphadema can come weeks after surgery or months later.   If you do notice fluid swelling in your arms, or chest and back of your trunk, let the docs know and ask for PT to get manual lymph drainage.  Maybe you have heard all this already, but MANY women post on here that the doctors really don't give lymphadema much priority.  I had less invasive surgery, but I did not hear one word about the possibility of lymphadema (and yes, women w/lumpectomies and only a node or two out can get it too, plus our radiation does not help.)  Not trying to scare you about it...just putting out a "caution alert" since the earlier you get help, the less likely for it to become a severe condition.

Other than that, hats off to you for owning your middle-agedness at only 42.  You can be our kid sister here.

Eph,  What jellyfish?  Oh!  Those extraterrestrials in the top picture?  It looked to me like they were packing up their cold-fusion ornaments for next year.  I know I was working on un-decorating MY tree today too.  For some reason, I don't think the alien sensibilities are that far from my own.

Bad day to begin a diet dept...

The broccoli was a good intention, and I really did have brussels sprouts at dinner, but today was the day I unveiled my rum cake.  It looked so good popping out of the fluted bundt pan with a sugary walnut glaze on the top.  It tasted so good everyone wanted seconds.  It was only A MILLION calories. 

• eph3_12

I would rather have been undecorating; instead I have been working on the FAFSA for DD!Ugggggggggh-I'm so poor but on paper I'm afraid it doesn't look it - where does that money go? Oh right, 17 year old who eats the equivelent of her own body weight daily!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

DM13 - Welcome to a great group of ladies - sorry we had to meet like this.  You will find lots of support and caring here.  Also, we do like to party once in awhile but can get serious when we need to.  Come hang out with us as much as you like.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Welcome DM13! Please don't feel old at 42. You will really make me feel old at 48. I may be wrong, but I think everyone is premenopausal until they are actually menopausal, even if you're only 25. You have found a good place to get info or just let off some steam or worries.

What's with all the talk about laughing? The broccoli and cheetos has me drooling!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Oh Eph I HATE those Fafsa forms.  They should have a page for debt load, especially medical bills.  

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Welcome DM13... Don't look now but I am right behind you (age 41 in a few weeks).  Sorry you have to join us but glad you did.  This is an amazing group of women. Just remember to bob & weave on Friday nites when the pillow feathers start flying......

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216
    It's 11:40 p.m. New Year's Day, but still wanted to wish everyone a healthy, happy, hopeful, harmonious, hell-raisin' New Year! Cool
  • barbe1958

DM13 I am 53 and don't feel a day over 23!!! It's all in the 'tude, baby!! When I was 51, a guy at work told me he thought I was 35!!! His jaw hit the lunchroom table when I told him my real age!! ehehehehehe!! I have even had doctors take a second look. I love it!! I never want to ACT my age. Maybe that is why they call it acting!!!

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

Ohh those FASA forms. There's something to be grateful for today, I don't have to fill those out anymore! My son was in the Marines for 4 years, one tour overseas so he gets the GI bill, he is a senior (at 26) at a State U. now. My daughter (24) is taking a "break" from school and living in CO. I did get my health insurance yearly review form last week and had to get all my 2010 tax stuff together for that. Thankfully there is a wonderful woman at the health care access office that helped  me fill out the form online. That's all I would need to be dropped from my insurance now. 

• elimar
    Eph, and anyone having to deal with FAFSA:  I pushed that task onto my husband and it drove him crazy.  He winded up getting locked out somewhere between completing the info. and going back to do the electronic signatures before submitting.  My tip would be print a hard copy of the info. before you have to do the signature, just in case.
  • theBCavenger
    theBCavenger Member Posts: 172

Thank you all for the warm welcome. After reading several entries, I see I am missing some funnies, and must read more!

I will visit here often and hope you all had a wonderful New Year :)