Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Hmm, interesting....I know many women who go gaga at football and watch it like religion. But not any other sport!! Why not?? I LOVE watching golf, you get the highlights of each hole without the boring up and down bits of football. Even hockey is more action!! And baseball!! Well! We all understand the rules of baseball, so that makes it so easy to watch. I listened to the world series on the radio when I was driving a truck and the Blue Jays won over Atlanta. I was actually in a small town in Georgia at the time. Only myself and my co-driver were for Canada. We stayed pretty quiet as we won..!!

• barbe1958

Janis, I have been VERY, VERY sick too!!! Even ended up in the ER due to the fluid loss weakness with the vomiting and diarrhea. They put in IV fluids and meds and did x-rays. Had me come back the next day for ultrasound as I also had flank pain. More IV fluids and meds and they proceeded with a CT scan. Was hoping I wasn't going to find out I was now stage iv while I lay there in a semi-daze. Came back okay, thank God! I am JUST this second starting to feel better. It's been 4 bad days, proceeded by about a week of not feeling great.

I have my thyroid surgery in a week so I have to rebuild my resources. Even had to let them take blood from my LE side!!!! Getting an IV in 2 days in a row when I was so dehydrated was pitiful!! I had over a dozen attempts. They finally opened a vein in my wrist and it spewed all over my boots on the floor. And yes, I do bleed red.

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

DH and I are not sports fans. We don't even know who is playing. We worked on cruise ships for 9 years (back in the day) and got totally out of the sports loop. Hard to believe than January is basically over. Time is flying by in 2012.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Barbe......I am really sorry to hear you got that sick.  How scary!  I am so glad you are over that big scare.  You have had so much going on!  I will be thinking of you thyroid surgery day.  For me that was really easy and very little discomfort at all.  Wishing the very same for you!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Barbe,  That sounds like a terrible case of the flu'.  Glad you're feeling better.

cajmi,  Good Luck with the TRAM surgery.  Let us know how it goes.

YaYa5,   I wouldn't be too concerned about your football viewing unless you down more than two brewskis per game, have a bowl of Corn Nuts on your stomach, and are watching in your underwear.  Then, it would obviously be a case of the transmigrated soul of a 49-year-old man reborn into your body.  It's more commonplace than you might think.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

YaYa my sissies are superbowl watchers as well.  My older sissy will watch more then just the superbowl, she watches all season long.  My other sissy is more a NASCAR junkie.  I only go for the food, lol.  But thankfully my supersew sunday will have tons of munchies there. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

My twin granddaughters have arrived. Bella and Faryn.  Left to right in the picture is my sone, Bella, Faryn and the nurse

took the picture out because the banner on the page went right through it. I'll repost after a few people have posted on this page

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Congratulations Sherry!!! How wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing the picture. =)

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Love the names Bella and Faryn. Is Faryn a family name?

• Sherryc

Ok gonna try this again.  Left to right, My son, Bella, Faryn and the Nurse. 

SAB--Faryn is not a family name.  DS picked out Bella and DIL picked out Faryn.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    so, so sweet sherry.  is one slightly bigger than the other?  and i don't remember if they're identical or fraternal.  i actually have an identical twin sister and identical twin sons.  it was all just a freak of nature!  your new grandbabies are precious.  have fun!
  • LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Beautiful!!!! What a joy! I am so looking forward to the day that I become a grandmother....but nowhere in sight yet.

What sweet faces.

• elimar
    Sherryc, they are two cutie-pie's.  Congrats!  Never too early to launch their modeling careers.  "Double your pleasure, double your fun."
  • lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

kittygirl-thanks!!!! i love frosting flowers!!!!! yummo!!!

• justmejanis

Congratulations Sherry...what a beautiful pair of babies.  They look so perfect.  Enjoy this new chapter in your life!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sherry, congrats on the arrival of your grand daughters!!!!!!   They are beautiful and I know you are going to get as many baby kisses in as is humanly possible!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Ok, Sherry trumps with those pics!!!!  Congrats hon...I too am looking forward to that day, hopefully within the next few years.

Super Bowl - I'm the bigger football fan than hub, at least for tv watching. Eli, I will have more than two drinks, and you might find me with snacks on my stomach too :)  Not sure yet whether we're going to dd's house to watch (they have big screen tv and sil is a die hard Pats fan) or whether we're staying home. Depends on whether hub can take off Monday - we'd need to stay over if we go to her house.

Reesie and Kay - we gotta root Pats against that team who shall not be named :)

janis and barbe - hope your sick days are behind you for good.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Sherry - What precious little bundles of joy!! Congradulations and enjoy every minute with them.

Elimar - Love Barbie's mugshot!!! What a riot!

Will be watching the game this weekend with DH & DS and plan to make wings & pizza for their culinary delight... 

Hope everyone is having a good week!

• barbe1958

CONGRATS Sherry!!! Looks like Bella was a bit closer to the placenta....no?

I NOT better. I said I am BEGINNING to feel better. Was able to sit up for 3.5 hours this evening!! Only 45 minutes this morning. Flu is serious. No one can take just a day off work for it. A lot of people use it as an umbrella diagnosis..."I was off Tuesday with the flu." Yah, right. It would have been "Monday to Friday"!!!!!

• Sherryc

YaYa and Barb yes Bella was 6lbs 14oz and Faryn was 5lbs 15oz.  But also Bella has been the calm one in utero and Faryn has been a spaz. Will be interesting to see if the personalities continue.

Thanks all for the comments.  If all works out we are going this weekend to see them.  They live 4 1/2 hours away and it is killing me not to be there.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

CONGRATS SHERRY!!!!!!  Have a wonderful visit with the new family members.  Kitty

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    barbe, that sounds just awful.  i hope you can sit up a little longer tomorrow and begin to feel better really soon.  i'm so sorry you've been this sick.  enough is enough, right?
  • valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Aw, Sherry, the little Angels are ....... Angels. Innocent  They are beautiful. Congrats!! Beautiful names, too. Being a Grandma twice-over is the joy of my life.

Barbe, I hope you are feeling a little bit better this evening. It's hell to be so sick you can hardly sit up. Try to keep hydrated.

We won't be watching the Super Bowl - I'm a 49'er fan Big time & DH is all for Denver. We watch every Detroit Red Wing hockey game & colllege MI / MI State football/basketball/hockey game we can. No Nascar for us, but we did watch a few Tiger games last year & probably will again to check out the newbie Prince Fielder.  

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Sherry - BIG congratulations on those beautiful babies! Eesh - both of them were bigger than my one. Can't even imagine carrying multiples. 

Barbe - Take it easy - no choice on that, right? Hope you're better every day. 

Rain coming later today, so I'm finishing my coffee and heading out to walk! Cool 

• justmejanis

Sherry I just love those beautiful babies and hope you can make the trip this weekend.

Barbe, I am rooting for you hon.  It takes time to get over the flu, so right!  Genbtle healing hugs to you.

Marlegal, I am coming your house for the Superbowl!  Drinks?  Alcohol?  Snacks.  I'm packing!

ValJean......I lived in the Denver area for nearly twenty years and my son and sister and family are all there.  I am a die hard Denver fan, but born in San Francisco so fo course I rooted for them since Denver was out.  Naturally I am disappointed at the results!

After two nights of NO sleep, I finally croaked last night and slept for 8 straight hours.  This is so unusual for me as I am a poor sleeper, but my body just had enough.  This LE situation is driving me nuts as I am uncomfortable and unsure if my RO has a clue what he is doing.  It has been a difficult couple of weeks.  I go back to my RO on the 17th.  My BS wanted me to start therapy right away, but RO postponed as now he is giving me meds for fibrosis.  He made this diagnosis over the phone from what his nurse described.  Grrrrrrrrr.........

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
    Janis, is he psychic or something?  With a diagnosis like that I guess I would run for another opinion.  Kitty
  • aprill
    aprill Member Posts: 1

Hi. My name is april. I was diagnosed with cancer at age 38.I had to do chemo,and radiation,and a yr later a mascetomy. I'm am 44,and everything is under control. Well not every thing. My life is in shambles,and i'm having a hard time coping with it. I never really had the support with it all.My kids of course,but as teenagers they think your are indistructable. My spouse.Another story. I am hoping I can find the support that i have much needed to get me in the right direction,casue as of right now, I wish I never had treatment. If it weren't for my grandkids,I don't know where i would be. There r so many questions,and no answers. Please help.

• justmejanis

April......I am so so sorry to hear about your struggles.  Breast cancer has so many phases and components and support is so important.  I am really sorry you are having problems finding that in your family.  Please know that we are a strong rope and hold onto us!  Everyone here has had to deal with the feeling of fear, hopeless, and isolation.  I feel terrible for your pain but vent away here, please.  There is not one person here who does not understand.  Please know you are not alone and we will all help in any way we can.  If you just need cheer, friendship, advice.....post away!  You will find an adundance of love here.

Big hugs to you April!  Don't be shy and let us cheer you on.

• elimar
    Welcome, aprill!  You found us, so you are not alone anymore.  Some of us are still in active treatment, but many of us are like you...a few years out and just trying to find out what exactly that term "new normal" even means.  We will try and help with your questions if we can.
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Welcome April!  The one thing I love about this place is, EVERYTHING!  If I ever need someone the gals here are the best. If you ever need someone to listen to this is the place to come.  I also love that if you want it to be more private, you can PM someone.  If ever you need to chat feel free to PM me anytime. I have my sissy to go to, but parts of me back off because I dont want her to worry, so I choose to come here instead.