Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Happy belated birthday Marlegal! I'm sure Eli's cake is good for a birthday hangover !

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

MEOW!!!! Me want a piece of THAT!!! And I ain't talking about the baked stuff, but I AM talking about the HOT STUFF!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

LOL, Barbe!!! Save some for me.....I mean the donuts!:-)

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Belated birthday Marlegal!!!  And for a present you should go see "Magic Mike" if you haven't already.  Barbe, I forbid you to go to the cinema until after after settles with the pacemaker, but then you should go see "Magic Mike" too.  Just sleep during all the non-dancing scenes.  The story's not that good!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

I can't keep up anymore, but.....

Happy Birthday Marlegal! 

Paula I am thrilled with your results.  I am a thyroid sister and had to have half my thyroid removed in November just so they could also tell me mine was benign.  happy dance for you!

Eli....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I mean, that is absolutely horrible.  I would have neutered the SOB right there on the spot, it nothing else keep the jerk from breeding.  I have heard some pretty insensitve comments but that one earns a gold medal for stupidity.  I have had my neck issues for years.  No ALS here.  Just a bum neck!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Hey guys! Just figure you guys would like to hear my good news (well relatively good lol). My WBR seems to be going well - just tired (and going bald again lol).

Anyway, I went to Peekskill today to cheer my dragon boat team on (I was supposed to paddle this one with them).

I am way to unsteady to get on the boat but they really wanted to include me. So, with special permission from the race committee they REPLACED two paddlers, put my DH abd DD in the boat as deadweight representing me and went out and WON!

They dedicated the win to me. I was so touched!

• cmbear

Marie,how sweet!! What a wonderful way to include you, your family must have felt  so special. This story made my day, thanks!! And I am super excited the tx is working for you, YEAH!! 

I'm pretty sure they're smiling too!! 

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Marie - so glad to hear things are going well for you. What a thoughtful team of boaters - a terrific way to include you and then win the race to boot!  :)

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Marie that is wonderful.  That must have been a proud moment.  Way to go.  Just keep feeling better hon.  :)

• barbe1958

Marie, you game me goosebumps AND a tear!!!! That takes a lot cause I'm a tough old broad.... 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    reesie, Your dragon boat paddling, viking horde teammates sound lilke real sweeties.  Nice touch and a nice win too.  Happy to hear the WBR is doing a good job.  The hair loss will be a small price to pay.  Or should I say TOUPE?  Heehee.
  • barbe1958

Ah elimar, how many posts have you waited to be able to say THAT?? hehehehheheheee

• elimar
    A long time.  Patience is one of my many virtues. Ehe-he-he-he!  Snort, snort!  Ladylike laughter, however, is not.  Embarassed
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

TOUPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

Hooray, Joni! How cool is that!!!

• cmbear

Happy Monday ladies!!! Any tests, check-ups or procedures this week??  

• barsco1963

Enjoying a holiday Monday here in Canada. Good possibility of a beach day with some family and friends. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Nope, delightfully doctor-free for the next month, inshallah.

• barbe1958

Next week I'll need pocket parties; Monday is bone scan (13th) and Friday is the Onc to get results of brain CT and bone scan, and if my PCP hasn't gotten me results of my spine MRI yet, I'll get that from her too!

• elimar

cmb, I fully support the Faces On Bread artform. 

Newbie Announcement:  If you are a Newbie and look on this thread, you probably think,"Oh, it is just another zany social thread; but I have questions about MY CANCER."  Well, what you don't know, being new and all, is that some of us who are not in active treatment just BIDE OUR TIME with this, that, and the other thing between all the pressing B/C matters.  However, we can switch into Helpful Answer Mode or Got Your Back Support Mode in a heartbeat.  So if you look in at a time when we are joking around, or you see a lot of shirtless men...don't let that deter you from posting.  Jump right in.  You won't be interupting anything.

• barsco1963

Got some much needed rain here yesterday - poured down. Unfortunate timing though - We got soaked when at an event watching the "square dancing tractors". I kid you not. Some local men with too much time on their hands perhaps, have come up with this routine. Posting a link so you can all have a little something zany to start your week off! Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6m_YisHNoM

• elimar
    OMG, barsco!  Don't know how I am going to recover from that.  Not the weather talk.  I mean the tractors.  Did Canada just move south of the Mason-Dixon line?
  • elimar
  • elimar

Just emailed that to my girlfriend who just began chemo for Ovarian.  Hope she doesn't freak...

But now I'm back to yet again look at the sublimely ridiculous photo pairing that went along with that article.  Did you catch that? 

(Ooops, CAN'T CAPTURE PHOTO, so look in the article.)  It reads. " A cancer patient works on a puzzle as she gets her chemotherapy treatment in 2010..."

First thought:  If having a two year old file pic of a patient doing Sodoku (those are fun, right?) is the best they can do to illustrate cancer treatment, why not show a patient scarfing down some Cheetos already?  Or maybe a face on toast, even.

Second thought:  How much do Yahoo's online editors make and where can I apply?

• lostinmo
    lostinmo Member Posts: 332

elimar-I read that article and then 60 min. had on there how sugar feeds cancer. I think cheetos are safe though. 

I go meet the radiologist on thursday. He better be nice! 

• cmbear

She's a cancer patient because she has a Livestrong bracelet on? You're right--you could do that job--and much better than those Yahoo's!!!!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Eli, I simply cannot believe that any medical professional would say something like that - a-hole doesn't begin to cover it. My sister-in-law died from ALS in 1991. She had no idea her father had the disease (he was misdiagnosed) so no thought about family planning. Now one of their daughters, who chose not to have children after marrying, has ALS. She's 39 years old. I watched what it did do my SIL, and now it kills me to see what it's doing to my niece. I doubt if that a-hole truly ever watched someone suffer from ALS, or there's no way in hell he could be so downright callous to say such a thing. You're right that there is not a blood test or a true one test does it all to diagnose. My niece recognized her symptoms because she nursed her Mom for years. I'm sorry, didn't mean to go on, but this is a subject very near and dear to my heart and my family's lives so it just steams me that a supposed medical professional would so carelessly throw that out there. I agree with other posters - you definitely should investigate how you can post to a site or write a letter or something like that so he doesn't scare the crap out of anyone else. A-hole indeed. I'm so sorry you had to be treated that way.

Thanks for all the bday wishes - and I'd take that donut-cake over a regular cake any day of the week!!! Yummo :)

Have a good week buds. I'm in any pockets where there's room and a need.

• cmbear

Barbe--a whole week without Doc visits--whatever are you going to do with your time?? Momine--a whole month?? I want to be on your doc track. . . I'm happy that I have only one visit scheduled this month and no tests!!

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498

I had my bad mamagram on 2/7/12.  Six months ago today.  I've had 3 weeks in those 6 months where I didn't have an appointment with some sort of health care professional.  Here's hoping the next 6 are less intense.

• barbe1958

Waaaaaaa! I tried to change my avatar picture and was able to on Facebook, but can't for some reason here on BCO!!! Now I have no picture!!! Will you guys still know it's me????