Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Barbe, I guess someone had to go all "Lion King" and mention The Circle Of Life.  Just messing with you, because I was about to say it myself.  In the space of one page here, we have two births and one death.  Happy/Sad and ultimately natural.  Many people like to throw out the expression "B/C is like riding a roller coaster" but, in fact, that describes LIFE pretty well too, doesn't it?

KittlyGirl and Dianarose, Congrats on the latest additions to the family.   I don't know if we can use that expression "bald as a baby" anymore.  These newborns sure have some luxurious locks!  And D, now that you are halfway thru' chemo just put it in neutral and coast to the finish.

juneaubugg, Glad to have you back. Sorry the OncoDx didn't come back lower that you could feel comfortable foregoing the chemo.

Sherryc, Whole Brain Radiation.  Sometimes I use the initials for whole breast radiation, but I try not to because it gets confusing.

Another one who has not checked in in a long time is Valjean.  I wonder if she if lurking out there.

• elimar

juneau, You forgot to mention to Sherry that when you wake up, your butt does not even hurt!  Incredible!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I didn't catch the segue into colonoscopies from birth and death!!

e - the cirlce of life phrase wasn't coined by Disney, you know! hehehehhehe 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Juneau- "It ain't shit!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, spurted coke out my nose!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Elli thanks on the WBR I had a feeling that is what it was because of talking about the brain mets.

We are all over the place.  birth, life, death and colonoscopies.  gee we cover it all around here.

Barb thanks for letting me know my butt won't hurt, haha

• barbe1958

Where did I say your butt won't hurt? Is there another conversation going on here that I'm not aware of??? But, having said that, your butt WON'T hurt!! You'll have no idea anything was done to you or someone was where no man (or woman!) should ever have to go!

• elimar

I brought up the butt not hurting.  To me, that was the big surprise.  Who would have guessed?  Most excellent alien probe team.

Barbe!  Surely you jest.  Next you'll be telling me that Journey didn't come up with the metaphysical concept of "Wheel In The Sky Keeps On Turnin'."

• eph3_12

PAGE 700!  PARTY TIME!!!!!!!  WE NEED ONE!  COME ON YOU PICTURE POST-ERS! DO ME UP!!

• Sherryc

Barb sorry that was Eli. hehe

• elimar

Not feeling much of the party spirit, but...700 pages already?  Thank God they are not ALL about cancer.  That would just be to much.  I'm so glad we mix in some of the happier parts of our lives.  I wonder if this thread will get to 1,000 pages by the time I am five years out?

That reminds me.  In nine short days, this thread will turn three years old.  So enjoy the final days of our thread's "terrible twos" over the next week and I will try to work up to a big celebration when we turn three! 

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

I'm more the Irish Wake person myself. . . I think there is some Irish in me. . . celebrate the life LIVED, the friends made, the family loved  and  the joy found in the memories left behind. . .  L'CHAIM!!!! 

• Sherryc

Opening Night Gala

Virtual drinks will have to do as I can't have anything until after surgery next week.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Party??? Someone say party?Maybe those singing Monkeys inspired the page part?I am going to tend the bar.Drink orders Please.

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

I am always up for a party!!! It's 12:00 somewhere !!'

• eph3_12

Just wanted to pass on Marie's daughter's post from Facebook; Megan wrote: "Thank you all of you in her breast cancer network who helped her by letting her talk about what she was going through, she didn't always want to talk to me and the boys and my dad because she didnt want to burden us with her struggles, and it was hard watching her going through it all and knowing she didn't want to talk about it with us, but it was a relief knowing she had people to talk to about it."

And now back to the party!!!

• cmbear

Thank you , Joni.

• barbe1958

Nice, big coconuts Mum!!!!

• cmbear

OOh Mum, just pour me some rum into a coconut and I'm ready to go!

• barbe1958

But take the coconut off your chest first, right?

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Folks, How do you get them to knock you out for the alien butt probe? It is clearly in my future, and I have been dreading it after people telling me that they went through it wide awake. Also, and sorry to be indelicate here (she says after using the phrase "alien butt probe"), but please, please tell me the prep does not involve an enema. How does anyone face that?

• barbe1958

Momine, you will have "twilight" anaesthetic. I've gone to sleep each time. Maybe if you lied about your weight you'd stay awake...hehehehehe. Also, if you wake up, you just tell them and they an easily put you back under. It is very, very light....

There is NO enema for the prep, but that might be easiery. You have to drink potions or take pills. I've had both ways. Pills didn't clear me out well enough, doc commented on it, hey! not MY fault!!! Potions kinda rip your guts out and you may spend the night on the bathmat. Don't wear underwear you like while doing the prep.

The only good thing is that when it's over you will have NO pain or indication that anyone was in "there". Promise!! You'll be starving too, a double bacon cheese burger is a common cure after a colonoscopy. 

• barbe1958

Oh, and FYI, it's impossible to "face" an enema! hehehehehehehehehehehe It's all done behind your back.....hahaahahhaha. Ahhh, I crack myself up!! 

• eph3_12

crack-appropriate!

• cmbear

Stop with the crack joke Barbe! I'm still on the floor when you said don't wear underwear!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
      Okay I got my party hat now where's the drinks?  Kitty
  • mumito

omg that kitty is perfect for the party.

• mumito

Time for one of these next.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Barbe, ROFL! You really are just awful. Thing is here they do not knock you out necessarily. It sounds like it is routine in the States.

• cmbear

And keeping with the tropical theme--did someone say CONGA??

dancing is good for the soul. . .  

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Cmbear- love it ;)