Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• lostinmo
    lostinmo Member Posts: 332
     I will bring some drinks.  They are good for you right?  They have fruit! Sealed
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Momine, I AM here!! I mean THERE! I live in Ontairo, don't you???? 

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Lostinmo-

Of course they're good for ya!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

In the States they give you the twighlight sleep as well.  When DH had his he said he went to sleep and then woke up in the recovery area.  The prep stuff I picked up is a little different than what DH had.  I think they keep trying to improve it.  Seems I don't have to drink as much of the mixture but I do have to follow it with water.  Thanks OK I like water.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061

For those of you who knew Reesie...Please pass this on as I don't know all the sites she visited.  Any questions please PM me. 

Ref Reesie -  I started a 'Pink Rose for Marie' at a florist in her home town.  If anyone would like add a flower here are the details:

Jerry's Florist #856-317-9402.  If after hours (10:30-6pm EST) call 856-283-8569.  Leave a msg and they will call you back.  Tell them you want to add a flower to Marie Giebel's arrangement.  The florist is giving discounts on the cost, bless their hearts.  The DEADLINE to add your flower is FRI, 8-17, BY NOON Eastern time.  Debbie is the sweet girl I spoke to, but anyone there will be able to help you.

Pink rose - $3.00 ea     Pink Gladiola - $4.50 ea    Pink Tiger Lily - $6.50 ea   The card will indicate that she is an angel now, from her BCO sisters, may you rest in peace. 

God bless you all!!

Sue

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Thanks Sue.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Sue what a great idea, thanks

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Barbe, no, I am at a different here than you, i.e. Greece.

• barbe1958

Momine, then you have the same avatar as someone from Toronto. Is your avatar generic or did you draw it?

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Thanks Sue, I love when we do that :)

Momine - you just tell them that you've been through quite enough thank you, and that if they want you to have the procedure, you want to be asleep. I can't imagine they'd turn you down if you demand it!!

• dgcote
    dgcote Member Posts: 17

Lost my hair about 12 days after first chemo, did not exspect it to happen so fast in 3 days most of it was gone. Shaved the rest off,had my husband do it for me,was less tramatic that way. Going in for #3 friday.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Thanks for the info. to include us from this thread, MemaSue56.  I will copy the info. over below, to keep it on the current page:

For those of you who knew Reesie...Please pass this on as I don't know all the sites she visited.  Any questions please PM me. 

Ref Reesie -  I started a 'Pink Rose for Marie' at a florist in her home town.  If anyone would like add a flower here are the details:

Jerry's Florist #856-317-9402.  If after hours (10:30-6pm EST) call 856-283-8569.  Leave a msg and they will call you back.  Tell them you want to add a flower to Marie Giebel's arrangement.  The florist is giving discounts on the cost, bless their hearts.  The DEADLINE to add your flower is FRI, 8-17, BY NOON Eastern time.  Debbie is the sweet girl I spoke to, but anyone there will be able to help you.

Pink rose - $3.00 ea     Pink Gladiola - $4.50 ea    Pink Tiger Lily - $6.50 ea   The card will indicate that she is an angel now, from her BCO sisters, may you rest in peace. 

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Great idea Memasue. Thanks for sharing.

dgcote - Sending hugs and prayers that you sail thru treatment... Hang in there....

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Thank you Sue for including us. 

dgcote--gentle (((hugs))) will be thinking about you on Friday. 

• Momine

Barbe, the avatar is from a website, hyperbole and a half, I can highly recommend because it is very funny.

Mariegal, I will certainly try when the time comes.

• eph3_12

I just ordered my flowers for Reesie's bouquet.  Debbie will take a picture & e-mail me a copy when it's finished.  

• barbe1958

Momine, I LOVE that blog and never can find it, thanks!! I hit on it every couple of years and desperately love her humour!! I checked it out by just typing in the www address and it was about depression. Very apropos!!

• barbe1958

Meant to ask, though, Momine, what is being said in your avatar?

• elimar

Reesie's arrangement has over two dozen flowers on it so far.  It should look very nice when finished.  Post a picture from your email tomorrow, Eph. 

• eph3_12

That's my plan E, but may have to wait till after work since I'm techno-challenged!! 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

The woman at that flower store was so sweet. She described all the flowers to me, saying how many of them just began opening yesterday and will be in full bloom tomorrow for the service. It makes me proud to be a part of this group ... not that I needed reminding, but ya know what I mean :)

Joni, luckily it'll be a Friday so you'll have lots of us on board (ha, little pun there!) to walk you through the posting!!

• dgcote
    dgcote Member Posts: 17
    Thank you for the well wishes and hugs, today was not good my port is plugged again. they will try to open it up if they cannot they will have to put draino in to desolve the clot that is blocking it. Not sure of what they use so i call it draino.Smile Doc just laughted, not to happy right now, don't want to have to postpone.
  • chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

(((hugs))) dgcote!!!! I hope you will be "flushed" for your next treatment!

• elimar

dgcote, Normally, I believe they use the blood thinner, Heparin, to keep the port clear; but you are correct that for stubborn clogs/clots they are not above using good ol' fashioned Draino!   LOL!

• Momine

Barbe, the avatar is from her story about trying to be a grown-up. When she decides to act like a grown-up, one of the things she does ia to "clean all the things." Then after a bit of time, she loses the desire to act like a grown-up, and when she contemplates cleaning she asks herself "clean ALL the things?" and looks very sad. That is the avatar.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

BARBE-This strapping young man asked if he could join in our pocket party today for you! Said he wouldn't miss it for the world!! And since you are the lady of honor, you are the first to get the oil rub down. He says he'll be there at 2:30 to start the massage!! Lucky gal!!!  

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Count me in for that pocket party I am sure Barbe will share.Tongue out(careful of the pacemaker)
  • barbe1958

I'm impressed...except for...is that his white LEG??? poking out??? I'd like him to come (pun intended) a bit earlier so the massage can be done BEFORE I have to see the Onc. Thanks, and yes, I'm willing to share!!!

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

Elimar~I think you mean heparin.

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Barb1958, and mumito,

OMG that is hysterical I didn't even see the leg until u pointed it out!!! Haha

How about before and after the onc!!!!