Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited December 2009

Great news Patoo!  If I shovelled for 1 1/2 hours I probably wouldn't be able to lift my arms up to the keyboard!!! A long soak in the tub might be in order!!   So far no snow here and I am in Canada!!!!  Can you send some up??

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2009
    You should have asked yesterday - would have sent it all up!  Love my northern sisters but I'm miserable with winter here in NJ; can't imagine living north.  Had a job offer about 35 years ago, can't remember exactly what town but I turned it down because it was just south of the Canadian border.  Brrrrrrrrrrrr.  Kiss
  • patoo
    edited December 2009

Okay, seems this should be renamed to 'let's post our monthly exercise'!Wink

Okay, so last week of the year and those of you who have lives probably have upcoming parties to attend so we'll let you continue to slide this week.  But, we're not going to pretend to make resolutions.  We are just going to give it our best try to get and stay in shape for 2010.  OKAY?

Having said that, I have no life and since I took my last vacation day today I did get to the gym and did 45 mins running in the pool and then 30 mins of additional aerobic exercises in the pool. Why is it I can run for 45 minutes in the water but can't run for 5 minutes on the treadmill or outside?  I know the pool is easier but that just doesn't seem to make total sense.  But didn't realize how much I missed that so will try and get there more often.

Anyone else coming back with me?

• patoo
    edited December 2009

Hmmmmmmm, no responses. 

I d-double dare ya!!!!!

Okay, didn't get to the gym but just got off the treadmill - 45 mins/2+ miles.  One day at a time.

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited December 2009

I'm here Patoo!  I exercised a little last week but I've been doing tons of packing up and furniture moving around.  I'm not moving just getting rid of old stuff clogging the basement.  I have been working up a sweat so I think that it qualifies for exercise too!

I am totally going back to my regular routine starting Monday!  

It's freezing here in Massachusetts.  I can't believe how cold it is!   

• fmakj
    edited December 2009

I'm still here too!  Have been doing some type of excercise for 1 hour monday - friday.  Not so good on the weekends.... it's the eating I am struggling with!!!! Chocolate!!!

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited December 2009

I am still exercising, just not find time to post. I have been off work since 12/18/09 and have managed to exercise (climbing, hiking, or working out at the gym) everyday except xmas. No routine so we can take advantage of nice weather (it has been raining here off and on) and get outside. Once I go back to work after New Years I will have to restablish a routine.

• patoo
    edited December 2009

Gym again today - 40 mins running; 15 mins other water exercises. 

Morgan, packing and moving is definitely exercise.

ML - M-F is good.  I'm getting better with food but still have a long way to go.  Not so much chocolate but sweets (cake) and chips do me in.

Lisa, it doesn't have to be a "routine" as long as you do something regularly.

My goal is 5x/week and no rewarding myself on the days off.

Let me wish everyone a Happy New Year now. 

• Morgan513
    edited December 2009

Happy New Year everyone!

My goal for the new year is to stick with my 5 days a week workouts and work at adding light exercise on the two "off" days (my work days).  I am fairly positive that I will be seeking full time work in January so we'll see how that effects my workouts.  

• patoo
    edited December 2009

Couldn't get to work this a.m. because of icy roads.  Tried but had to choose between getting wrapped around a pole or turn around and go back home - a no-brainer for sure.

So got back safely and sat for a few.  Just got off the treadmill.  Did 45 mins; just under 2 miles.  Roads are better now so going to pick up some 'healthy' food and then will vacuum and steam clean floors.  That will end my exercising for 2009!

Happy New Year to everyone.

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited December 2009

Patoo, I have to have a routine when I am working - otherwise, I wind up sitting on my rear end.

Vacations are a different matter as we like to get out, to go hiking.

Today dh and I are heading for the climbing gym.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Gym today - ran in pool for 30 mins then did additional aerobics in pool for 30 mins.  May need to get on treadmill later to work off the cheesburger and slice of ice cream cake I just ate (today's my birthday and son wanted to share with me). 

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2010

Happy Birthday Patoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is THE day that I start back doing SOMETHING!!

I've just got to walk or ride my bike. No better day than today.

Wishing all of you a Happy and healthy New Year!

• kayok
    kayok Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2010

Hey, Patoo,

We could have been twins if you had been born 11 years sooner.  My BD too and plan to keep having more, maybe I will try more exercise this year and follow your good example.

Carolyn 

• fmakj
    edited January 2010
    Happy Birthday Patoo  and kayok.  Wishing you both many, many more!  Also, Happy New Year everyone.... tomorrow, I start the excercise again - Promise!!
  • patoo
    edited January 2010

Happy Birthday kayok.  Thanks ML, Coonie, 'twin'!

Think I have to double-up on exercise the next few days to undo the damages of over-indulging today.  But I'm motivated so need to keep that up.

Have a good night.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

So far today - vacuumed 3 levels of Townhouse, including stairs.  Steam cleaned kitchen, DR and LR floors.  Taking a break and will try and give 2 bathrooms a thorough cleaning.  So, no gym today; maybe the treadmill later.

• fmakj
    edited January 2010

OK can you bottle that energy up and send to me!!!  I did do my hour long excercise dvd and took down the tree, but that still would not compare to your workout!!! 

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, ran out to GF house and just came back.  No bathrooms for me today but will go get ontreadmill now for 45 mins while Monk is on. 

Hour long dvd is quite enough - I'm proud of you.

Back later.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, could only do 30 mins; 1-1/2 miles.  I'm done.

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, looks like I overdid it.  Just took 1 extra strength tylenol and 1 tylenol PM because I can feel the pain coming on.  <  sigh  >

Wonder where I put that heating pad.  Frown

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2010

I rejoined my gym at end of July about 6 weeks after my final herceptin treatment and port removal. It was too soon. I went a couple of times but was aggravated at my lack of mobility and strength. October 1 kicked into high gear and go 6-7 times per week for 1.5-2 hours per day. I've told my husband to remind me of how good I feel when I start making excuses again and tell him to shut the hell up. I am physically and mentally reclaiming my body after 18 months of hell! I feel totally empowered and strong. As I workout I remind myself just how far I have come and the sky is the limit. If I can do it anyone can. Happy 2010...a year of endless possibilities!

• Morgan513
    edited January 2010

Happy Belated Birthday Patoo!  

You are really amping up the workouts!  

I am still doing tons of work around my house.  I spent yesterday cleaning my bedroom and bathroom and today, I cleaned out my spare room (full of old junk).  I'm hoping this is a satisfactory substitute for working out.  I will get back to my normal routine on Monday.

Happy 2010 everyone!  

• indomitable1
    indomitable1 Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2010

OK guys, this topic has been on my favorites list since November, but I have never posted because #1) I'm working FT, getting rads, and have 4 kids, #2) everytime I exercise by the time I sit down to the computer 2 or 3 days later, I haven't done anything else. So, in this new year & decade, things are going to change. I'll complete rads on 1/19/09!!!!! I'm going to start making exercise-no make that my survival, a priority NOW. I'll just need to be reminded occasionally. That's where you come in! I will be posting at least twice a week including every Sunday before church to keep me honest.  (On that note, only 3 kids are still at home...)

Happy Belated birthday Patoo & kayok! Glad you were here to celebrate!!!

Morgan-hey, I cleaned my bedroom yesterday, too & decluttered (FINALLY). RPE-13 at least! So, if your room looked like mine (first deep clean since pre-chemo in May) then it was a satisfactory substitute!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2010

Hi Guys, mind if I join your club, not much of a poster mostly a reader but hey it's a new year.  Today I did a step class at the gym - one hour, but I did eat a chocolate when I came home good girl/bad girl.  I'm off to the garage to clean it out and have to take down the christmas tree and put away all of the decorations.

Cheryl

• Harley44
    Harley44 Member Posts: 2,126
    edited January 2010

Hi everyone...

trying to keep motivated, and this COLD weather isn't helping things any.  Today, I did 1/2 hr. on the elliptical torture machine. 

Happy Birthday Patoo!

Harley 

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Okay, so far no exercise today unless you count the footwork I did during 30 mins of praise and worship at church.  Then walked a few mins in the supermarket.  Then met some friends for lunch - Arrrggggggggghh - a buffet!!!!  Ate myself silly then sat through a 2-hour movie.

I'm back home now and want to get through some of these threads and try and motivate myself to get on the treadmill for at least 30 mins.  I need to work off some of that food. 

If not, tomorow's another day and I'll get back on board.

Welcome Indomintable and hbCheryl.  Hi Harley.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2010

Holidays over back on the bandwagon.I did not gain any weight over the holidays so now I am determined to drop.I am off to the gym this morning and am keeping a food journal.Also off to physio to find out how to  work off the belly fat without hurting my back.The Arthritis in my spine tends to flare up if I overdo the workouts. Sometimes it seems like everthing is against me.But its a  new year.Onward and upward.Have a great day ladies.

• Harley44
    Harley44 Member Posts: 2,126
    edited January 2010

Hey there, Patoo...

• patoo
    edited January 2010

Ya mean - onward and 'down'ward since we want the weight to go down not up!

Stopped by the gym after work and the place was packed.  All 20-somethings who indulged September-December and now in the gym trying to get rid of a teeny belly bulge and minuscule love handles before bikini season.  Happens every year that the gym is crowded Jan-Memorial Day.

So, I just came home, ate a little and came here to motivate myself to go downstairs on the treadmill.  So, 15 mins only here and will go down.  Later.