Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    edited April 2023
    Options

Love the picture; and no matter how you feel, you do look great! 💓

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

A rainy/ snowy mix here, so the Wednesday Walking Women are still inside' 'having a ball'.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

The rest of my day needs to be spent organizing and packing. DH & I had a tour of the Western National Parks scheduled in 2020, which was canceled because of Covid.They are back up & running, so we are going! We fly to Phoenix tomorrow (please don't have storms in Denver, Karen, as we change planes there). Friday we meet up with our tour bus people. From there we travel to Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Bryce, Zion, flying home from Las Vegas. It will be hot in Phoenix and very cool in the mountains......so I have to figure out layers etc. I will post some pictures when I can.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    edited April 2023
    Options

Sounds like a great trip, safe travels! Layers is the way, once I was in Phoenix (100+) and drove the two hours to Flagstaff which is at altitude and it was snowing! Have fun, TT

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,754
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen: LOVE YOUR SHIRT! It's perfect! And Love your beautiful smile! Congratulations are being a grandparents soon. So exciting!

Ruth: What a great trip. So glad you're finally being able to go.

Walked/ran today.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,506
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks for the compliments on the photo. I'm off one of the chemo meds this week, so that is part of the reason I'm feeling okay and don't look too tired. But, I'll take any good days I can get.

Ruth your trip sounds wonderful. Enjoy. Weather shouldn't be a problem tomorrow in the city.

DH and I watched Ticket to Paradise with George Clooney and Julia Roberts. Cute movie, but it made me cry in the end when The character George Clooney said why save the good stuff for later (or something similar). I still need a gully washer cry.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

Update on my trip: today's flight is cancelled because of the Winter Storm here. ARGH! The new plan is to go out tomorrow; which means that if all things go as they are supposed to, we will arrive in the nick of time to meet up with our tour people. Geez, it makes me not want to go any place that involves an airplane! Unless they are canceled too, I will go to Dance2fit and Yoga tonight.

• coffeelatte
    coffeelatte Member Posts: 109
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen I love your shirt. Your daughter picked just the right one. You look great and it is such a good color on you. You still look very fit so try to keep pushing to eat to keep your muscle if you can. I am like you, I can get full so easy and there is no way I can eat again (or drink) for hours.

Ruth I hope you can make it out of the airport and meet your tour group. It sounds like so much fun. I am looking forward to the pictures and to hear how much walking you will be doing.

I am pushing to exercise at the gym I joined last week. I am very weak in the upper body and have had a lot of aches and pains. But it feels so good to move. I am taking it slow but still going back. I am dealing with some hand shaking and twitching so my PCP is sending me on to see a neurologist. It is never fun to have another health scare knocking on the door. It may be Parkinson's (I too am losing a bit of weight over anxiety and lack of sleep) but the doctor says to keep exercising no matter what. She said exercise is very important to keep strong, especially if I have a neurological disease. My mom had multiple sclerosis so I know what she went through. Ok, one day at a time....

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

Glad that you are getting to the gym, Coffee! You will see the rewards physically & it's good for a person's spirits to be physically active. I hope they can get to the bottom of your medical issues. It is so stressful to not know what is going on.

I just got in from shoveling 4 more inches of snow (we have had a very long, bad winter here!). It's very windy too, but so far no flight cancellation notices, so fingers crossed that we get out (we are supposed to leave at 1:30). I will let you know. It sounds like BCO will be down for a couple days next week. Hopefully it will come back better than what has been going on since the last 'update'!

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

EDIT: (6pm Denver time) Treatment is kicking my you know what!! The nausea is horrible. Almost as bad as BC chemo. I sure hope this won't be a pattern or it will be a long 12 weeks. I took a nap after lunch and when I woke up I took a Zofran and just took a Compazine a few minutes ago. DH said next week, I should take it preventative even before any side effects.

Have a great night.

I'm copy/pasting from my other two threads. Too tired and foggy to write different ones.

Good visit with Hematologist. He like my medical oncologist stick in "their lane" He agrees with Endocrinologist to watch my calcium and no surgery. For the first time in 3 years my Creatinine and Calcium numbers are good. He also said he wasn't sure what is what with calcium - primary hyperparathyroid or MM and goes from the notes endocrinologist sent, she doesn't either. He also asked about having my thyroid checked and when I last saw my primary care. I had a virtual visit the end of March. She didn't think I need to come in for a physical, but I'll make and appointment for June once school is out.

Talked about lack of appetite, weight loss. and insomnia. He stepped out to take a call and left it to the nurse to deal with it. Nothing new that I didn't already. RN said to eat smaller meals and to snack in between meals. They are doing a referral to Dietician. I doubt she/he will have anything new but my big question is how to force myself to eat when not hungry or full. They also said limit water late at night and take senna with dinner. I've been drinking 12-16oz with my night meds which I take at bedtime. Hematologist is not in favor of meds for sleep but rather meditation, mindfulness, CBTi. I have a link for CBTi through the Mayo clinic.

Hematologist also asked if I saw the transplant doctor yet. I told him my appointment is May 10th and that it was hard to get an appointment and the mess up with the referral. DH took that to mean that Hematologist is looking for me to have the SCT. I want to do whatever I can do without compromising QOL long term and will give me the longest DFS.

8 vials of blood drawn today including for the 84 gene panel. Got an email from Invitae and my insurance is covering 100%

Today's injections hit me hard like the first time. Pale and very tired - almost immediately after shot. Treatment #2 and #3 were a breeze. 1/4 of the way done - 4 down with 12 more to go.

DH asked about me getting Covid #6 vaccine as he heard that they are starting to give to immunocompromised. So I will watch to see when they are available.

Wore my T-shirt - got compliments from several staff and the one other patient and her husband in the infusion room. Might just wear it every week - probably not, but every so often.

Off for a nap.

• wonderland
    edited April 2023
    Options

Oh Karen. I so hope you can get your nausea under control. I was given Emend plus other drugs that really helped. You haven't mentioned Emend but I thought I would tell you that it worked for me. And I hope you get back some of your appetite. I hope your nap helped!

Walked with a friend today.

• wonderland
    edited April 2023
    Options

Had hard rain this morning and some in late afternoon. Cleared off to a beautiful day and I was able to walk/run.

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

What a difference a day makes. Tonight, I finally feel human. Still not sleeping well, but took a long nap this morning. Read this afternoon and went for 2 walks today - had to push myself in the morning but before dinner I was starting to feel better.

I had BC chemo on Thursdays and went for IV hydration F,S,S and extra anti nausea meds in the IV. I had Emend as a pre-med as well as something else. I also took Kytril, BDR suupositories. I took anything and everything for nausea.

I can't take narcotics as they bind me up, make me sick to my stomach and cause severe nausea. Gd wiling any future surgeries acetamenophin will do the job since I can't take NSAIDS

I wondering if #2 and #3 were easier as I was on the Revlimid (its a from of thalidamide (sp) that was used for nausea in pregnancy in the early 60s and my hematologist also said it was used as a sleep aid). and for #1 and yesterday I wasn't. I will definitely get a head of the game next week.

Got lots of paperwork to do tomorrow. Write IEP goals for a meeting on Thursday. Finish work for the class I've been taking since January and start my end of the year self-evaluation for my meeting on May 12th. I have one more observation for the year and that is May 1st at an annual review IEP - will work on that next Sunday.

Curious as well as to what the new platform will be like. I guess we'll find out next Tuesday or Wednesday.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen. I'm with you on the narcotics! Horrible, horrible!

Despite the weather in North Dakota, and the plane having mechanical problems in Denver, we did make it to Arizona in one piece. Today we headed north; walking around in a Saguaro Cactus Forest, taking a jeep trip in Sedona, and ending up in the Grand Canyon, where after a brisk walk, DH & I watched the sun go down.

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

Ruth - great photos. Sounds like you are having a nice trip. Saw the pics on FB.

Made a strawberry smoothies with one scoop of protein powder (only 70 calories - but more than nothing) - frozen strawberries, OJ and almond milk. Actually quite good. Ate two Eggo waffles for breakfast with the smoothie and I"m FULL, FULLL FULL! I figure I an eat the waffles or English muffin before I leave for work and drink the smoothie on may to work.

Read the notes from Endocrinologist appointment and there were a couple things that I didn't remember from the visit but all in all good. She mentioned possible adding back calcium depending on how my levels do, after DEXA scan this summer, maybe other testing as well. Return in 3 to 6 months.

CMP in Cancer portal - blood calcium right at the cusp of the normal range - kidney function pretty stable but that is good. Hematologist ran 7 vials so curious what else he ran along with the 84 panel genetic testing. To be honest, a little worried about what will show up.

Doctors need to learn to hear and listen to us. My medical oncologist knows me well, Hematologist is just getting to know me an he is beginning to learn that I have a mind of my own.

Off to get busy for the day. GF is calling me this morning. Lots to catch up on.

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

Rain starting tomorrow night in Denver 1-2" Monday night into Wednesday morning and 1-2 feet for the mountains!!!

See everyone on the other side of the new boards

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

I better post a few pictures before we're shut down. We took a helicopter flight over the south rim of the Grand Canyon today. Amazing views from the air! This afternoon we took a hop off/on shuttle out to see some of the scenic views on the rim....also Amazing. My Fitbit says I have 16,000 steps, so I'm ready to relax for the evening. See you all after the upgrade!

imageimage

• wonderland
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen: I am so glad you feel human again and I hope that feeling continues through your treatments. May each night sleep get better for you.

Ruth: So cool you took a helicopter ride over the GC! Dh and went there on our honeymoon. We took a mule ride to the ridge. It was fun but the trail wasn't very wide in some areas and I was afraid my mule was going to go over the edge.

Walked/ran today.

Tomorrow night is a very important meeting for my county. Our county commissioners want to Take Over the Board of Health - the ruling board over our health department. They want to have the Final Say in public health decisions in our county. One of the 7 commissioners was vocal at School Board meetings during the pandemic that he opposed the mask for students and staff and said he was going to get the health director fired. Then he found out the commissioners don't have the power to do that, only the Board of Health can. Thus the Take Over. I used to work at the health dept. (worked there for 6 years) and I am a former member of the Board of Health (on it for 9 years). I have been working very hard with the health dept retirees to stop the Take Over. I'll know tomorrow night but will not be able to report back until the new site is up and running. Wish us luck in stopping this potentially deadly disaster.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Hi everyone, I have been off these boards for a long time! I have skimmed through and tried to get caught up.

Karen- so sorry to hear all you’re going through. I hope you get some relief from the side effects.

Ruth- your trip sounds very cool. Can’t wait to see more pictures.

Wonderland- I hope the takeover doesn’t succeed. It’s a scary time these days.

I have had a rough time since getting Covid last April and dealing with side effects from it through the summer. Then in September I fell and got a concussion, in October I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease, in November I had an allergic reaction to a yellow jacket sting (crazy to have them in CT at Thanksgiving time). In December I missed a week of work from the flu and in January my back went out for a week.
    I have been having lots of pain and inflammation in general- suspected to be from Breast Implant Illness, and last week I had my breast implants ( from mx in 2011) removed.

I am already seeing so much improvement in my symptoms that I am encouraged. I just cannot wait for these drains to come out!

That’s what’s been happening in my life.
    Hope to get on here more regularly and looking forward to exercising once I am cleared. I miss my Zumba!

• wonderland
    Options

Oh my goodness, Ginger! Something new every month. The good news is that you are feeling improvements since you had your implants removed. Yellow jacket stings are very painful. And Lyme disease! You have been through it and I hope you can get back to Zumba soon.

WE WON! The County commissioners will NOT be taking over the health department. The vote was close: 4 to 3. One commissioner was the swing vote. He was all for it in the beginning then had a change of heart. He realized it was not moral what they wanted to do.

Have a lot to learn about the upgrade. Time will tell if it's good or not.

Been walking between the time the site went down and today.

• wonderland
    Options

Well, all my treatment information is gone and looks like it's the same for some of you. Maybe it's here but I just can't find it.

• trmtab
    Options

Yes, I had to re-do my signature block…added some humor 🤣

Good to see you again Ginger! I have thought of you and so sorry for all your travails.

Thanks for the pictures Ruth, love them! TT

• karen1956
    Options

Not happy with the new boards. After 17 years I need to decide how often I will frequent the boards. I find the new platform user NOT friendly. I don't want to leave as I'll miss everyone, but I do't have the energy to deal with the not friendly changes.

Tomorrow is treatment #5. Tired of it already and the road is so long! Sweet dreams.

• trmtab
    Options

Wonderland, the first time I logged into the new site I was prompted with an "update your signature" pop up…it included a partially correct/partially incorrect version of my old signature, Hopefully you don't need to start from scratch!

Friday, rainy and relatively cold (50's) for us. Had planned to tour an assisted living facility today for my mother…but I think I'd rather be a hermit today. Will go to Happy Hour Yoga at 5. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Ginger, so sorry about all the stuff you have been going through! Glad that things are looking up.

Alice, I am so glad that the 'good guys' won!

Karen, I'm not sure what to think about the new boards as this is the first time I've been on them. All my information seems to be gone so I suppose I will have to try to figure that out. There are more emojis to choose from, so that is good.

We had a wonderful vacation! Lots & lots of walking in beautiful settings. I will try to post some more pictures once I get organized.

• ruthbru
    Options

Monument Valley, Utah

• ruthbru
    Options

Antelope Slot Canyon in Arizona might be the most amazing place I've ever been.

• ruthbru
    Options

Bryce Canyon

• ruthbru
    Options

Zion

• ruthbru
    Options

Zion