Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Not happy with the new boards. After 17 years I need to decide how often I will frequent the boards. I find the new platform user NOT friendly. I don't want to leave as I'll miss everyone, but I do't have the energy to deal with the not friendly changes.

Tomorrow is treatment #5. Tired of it already and the road is so long! Sweet dreams.

Sunday - Evidently I never posted this on Thursday!!! Treatment #5 was better than 4. Stayed a head of nausea which never came :) But the dexamethasone messed with me. Only 11 more weeks to go!!! Seems like eternity. Counting down till the 10th when we meet with the transplant doctor. Hopefully, I'll get lots of answers. I guess DH and I are need to come up with a list of questions to get answers.

Sat outside and read yesterday afternoon. I even put sunscreen on which I never so and got a little too pink. One of the chemo drugs makes you sensitive to the sun. Supposed to be nice again today, but will be in doors as I have lots of paperwork to do for work.

Ruth - your pictures are great.

Have a great Sunday.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,954
    Options

Glad treatment 5 wasn't as horrible as 4, Karen; and glad you go some time outside yesterday……which is always good for the spirits!

I spent yesterday washing clothes, getting my trip pictures organized, picking up branches in the backyard (the snow is gone but everything is too wet to do any yard work yet) etc. etc. no formal exercise or even very many steps. Today I must get groceries and make a plan to start doing everything I wrote down on a list to do 'after vacation'. I may, or may not, get to yoga; but tomorrow I will be back at my regular exercise schedule for sure.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2023
    Options

Karen-glad that treatment 5 was kinder to you. It sounds like you have a lot going on. Are you also still working? I hope these boards get easier to navigate

Ruth your pics from your trip are amazing.

TT- thanks for the welcome back. I have thought of you all often too.

I think this past year I was just wiped out from everything going on and I really pulled inside my own shell. The longer I was away the more posts I had missed and it was hard to catch up. I had the worst brain fog.

It seems like others are missing too. Anyone hear from natsfan, Lilac Blue, Claire, Heidihill, Mommyof3, or others?

• ruthbru
    Options

I'm still in touch with natafan. She's retired, living in a cabin in the woods with bad internet connections & traveling a lot. I haven't heard from the others for a long time. If I can figure out how to message people from this new format, maybe I'll try to connect with them. Sad to lose track of people

• jh40
    jh40 Member Posts: 140
    Options

Hi Ladies - I’ve been a lurker on this thread but have never posted. I exercise as much as I can, walked all throughout chemo, and am really trying to stick to a daily routine for obvious reasons, but also because I’m overdue to start Tamoxifen and want to have my habits cemented prior to beginning. My question is have any of you noticed that exercise alleviates side effects from AI’s or Tamoxifen? I’m looking for some encouragement wherever I can get it.

• ruthbru
    Options

Welcome jh40! When I was starting Arimidex, a friend of mine who had been on it for awhile advised "keep moving, keep moving, keep moving". I found it helped with the creakiness as my body was getting adjusted to it. I didn't really have trouble with it & I think you have to go in thinking that you won't either. It is totally understandable that those who have side effects are the ones talking about it, while those who don't are just out living their lives.

I did get to Yoga yesterday, which felt good. I went to Zumba this morning & may go back to Pound. DH woke up with a horrible cold yesterday & still feels rotten so just went down to the clinic for a Covid test. Yikes! I hope it's negative & that I don't get whatever he has! I have too much to do to be sick!

• jh40
    Options

Thank you Ruthbru! I think that’s good advice about going into it with a positive mental attitude. I’m hoping I can be one of the lucky ones who can tolerate any side effects well. I’ll take your friends advice to keep moving too. 😀

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,754
    Options

Ruth: Your pictures are breathtaking! Thank-you for posting them. Really hope your dh only has a cold. Keep up posted.

Karen: So glad your last treatment didn't cause any nausea! Good idea to be thinking of questions now before you meet your transplant doctor.

Ginger: I'm really sad with all the others who left when BCO supposedly improved last year. Too many people left. There are still a lot of problems with the site and I hope they can be corrected.

jh40: Welcome! Exercise definitely made a difference with my joint pain while I was on Arimidex.

I haven't done any formal exercise since last Wednesday. Been having GI problems that thankfully are clearing up. Maybe I can walk tomorrow.

• ginger48
    Options

Ruth-glad to hear that you’re in touch with natsfan.
    I agree it’s sad how many have left. Wishing we could know how everyone is doing. Hopefully they are living their best lives.

Jh40 I found that exercise definitively helped when I was taking Aromasin. I felt like it helped keep everything moving and kept me from stiff muscle/joints.

• ruthbru
    Options

Well, DH went to the doctor yesterday and DOES have Covid! Yuck! I banished him to the spare bedroom and bathroom and spent the rest of the day cleaning!! Hopefully the germs will skip me. The recommendation now is that you don't have to quarantine even if you've been exposed so,Right now I am at a hair appointment. After that I will get the dog and bring him to the Dog Park (trying to find things that keep me out of the house as much as possible). I plan on Zumba & Yoga tonight.

• ginger48
    Options

Hope DH recovers quickly and you don’t get it, Ruth.

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: You still feeling okay?

Karen: Hope you have had a good day. ❤️

I posted a problem I'm having on the thread to report technical issues. Had a notification that there were other posts on it. Clicked and it said the tread wasn't available. Guess BCO got tired of hearing about issues. Sigh.

Too windy today to walk. I'm starting to get lazy! Dh and I are taking a short trip next week to eastern NC. We plan to visit some state parks. The main one we want to go to is the Dismal Swamp State Park. Our 40th wedding anniversary is this month and this is how we want to celebrate. No pun intended with going to a dismal swamp lol.

• karen1956
    Options

Ginger, yup, I'm still working M-Th. Treatment is on Friday. After this week, 4 more weeks left. I have a mandatory training either the first week in June or the last week in July. I signed up for June, but I think I'm going to change it to July.

My hematologist referred me to a dietician to see what we can figure out to stem the weight loss. I've been tracking my weight and since this whole nightmare began with labs labs on 02/23, I'm down 6#!!!! I need to NOT loose more and hopefully gain a few back. on the intake form, I put down that I wanted to figure out how to eat when not hungry, or nauseated or have heartburn, indigestion or no appetite. I eat 3 meals/day but don't snack and probably not eating as much at each meal. This practice only does phone or video appointments. My Medicare Advantage will pay for Dietician if you are diabetic or have kidney disease - well I fit the criteria with kidney disease. They need to contact the hematologist to get him to add it to the referral.

Today starts a big month of birthdays. 37 years ago, DD#1 made me a mother. Then we have my birthday, DS's birthday and GD willing new grand baby's birth (first grand baby). Also, 6 years ago, DD#2 became an Israeli citizen.

It's supposed to be 78 today and then rain in the afternoon. We need the moisture, but I'd rather have 60 and sun.

Have a great Wednesday.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    Options

I'm in my last week of classes, then 1.5 weeks of finals followed by graduation…another year almost in the books. This makes the completion of 35 years for me.

I go to DC tomorrow for business meetings on Friday…I got COVID last year from this trip, hopefully can avoid that this time around. Hope you were able to avoid getting it Ruth.

Got to the gym Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday…the rest of this week will be walking walking walking in DC.

Enjoy the Dismal Swamp Wonderland…we drive through that area on our way to the beach (NC Outer Banks) didn't realize there was actually a place to visit there.

Happy May, finally! TT

• ruthbru
    Options

The Dismal Swamp sounds mysterious and very interesting (although saying you spent your anniversary in a dismal swamp should get a few laughs!).

Karen, I hope they can give you some good ideas to stem the weight loss!

TT, hope you have a good time in DC and don't get Covid as a souvenir! DH is feeling quite a bit better. It's been like having a rotten cold for him. I am still fine (knock on wood). Since they don't recommend you quarantine anymore, even if you know you've been exposed, I've been doing my normal schedule.

It was beautiful today! Most of the Wednesday Walking Women walked outside, although several who have bad allergies stayed inside). It's pretty dusty here, with snow mold people are raking up etc. which is what I need to do this afternoon. I am going to try to 30 minute Stretch class tonight.

• ginger48
    Options

Karen, that’s a busy schedule. I hope you find a good answer to the weight loss problem. Maybe lots of cake during birthdays this month.

I am out for 2 more weeks recovering from surgery. My chest and sides are super sore at this point. I am not allowed to raise my pulse/exercise/sweat for another month. Taking a few slow 1/2 mile walks each day.

• jh40
    Options

Thank you everyone for chiming in with your experiences! It’s very encouraging for me.

Walked for about 50 minutes this evening at about a 3.5 mph pace so not too bad. Weather has been lovely these past few days here on the gulf coast of Florida. Very enjoyable!

• jh40
    Options

Ruthbru - I do hope your husband kicks the Covid speedily!

• ruthbru
    Options

Take it slow & steady, Ginger!

DH mostly felt like he had a rotten cold & is getting steadily better. He cleaned the garage & the Dog Car this afternoon so must be on the mend! I think he can retest tomorrow & see if he's clear. I did rake for several hours yesterday (which I didn't even mind since it was so nice out). I went to Pound this morning, did more yard work this afternoon & am trying to get rid of some clothes as I change from my winter to summer closet. ….which means I have to try all the summer stuff on & evaluate. Blah!

• jh40
    Options

ruthbru glad he’s on the mend! Covid is no joke, even mild cases.

Managed a solid 30 minute walk today. Planning to lift at the gym tomorrow after work. Been a hectic week! Looking forward to a fun and active weekend.

• ginger48
    Options

I am rebuilding stamina after surgery. I am not allowed to exercise, sweat, or raise my pulse yet so I am taking slow strolls up and down my road to keep moving. I think my pace is about 2 mph. Better than doing nothing.

• ruthbru
    Options

GInger, moving will help you keep a fitness bade so it won't be as hard to build back up once you get the okay.

I went to Pound this morning. While I was doing errands, DH took the picnic table, chairs, lawn ornaments etc. out of the storage shed. Which I did NOT want to do yet. It's supposed to rain this weekend and I want the lawn completely free to soak up the moisture! Plus I have to treat a small table and chairs before they sit out. So as much as I appreciated the thought, it created extra work for me as I dragged it all back inside! DH will test tomorrow and hopefully he'll be negative so he can be released from captivity

• wonderland
    Options

Hi All. Just a quick Hello. I read all the post up to the current one.

Push mowed 2 hours 10 minutes today.

• ruthbru
    Options

DH has tested negative for Covid, so is freed from captivity! I think we will go out for Chinese food to celebrate.

I got up really early to watch some of the coronation I'm a history buff, so that kind of thing is right up my alley (although I admit that I nodded off now & again during the festivities). I then did a bunch of errands & an exercise DVD. It's a rainy day here, but we need the moisture. Hopefully once it quits, things will start to green up and it will start to look like spring!

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to yoga this afternoon & danced around to Marshall Fitness before dinner. Cool & rainy again today.

• karen1956
    Options

Saturday read all day (started and finished a book) and yesterday wrote a report for work and made my son peanut butter choc chip cookies for his birthday and I was spent! Didn't feel good much of the day. Hoping today is a better day and I feel good. These treatments are proving to be harder than anticipated. 6 done and 10 to go which feels like an eternity!!! I'm already worn out!

4 more weeks of the school year!! Soon it will be counting the days!!

Have a great Monday.

• ruthbru
    Options

A little bird tells me that today is YOUR birthday, Karen. Hope that you will have a good day and someone makes treats for you!

My Zumba class was just canceled so I will probably go over & walk (still raining out). Maybe go to Pound tonight.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    Options

Happy Birthday Karen! May is a month full of birthdays for my family as well.

Made it back from DC yesterday in time to go to my Sunday evening yoga class. We are now in finals, this week and half of next.

Went for a walk at lunch time…hoping to also pick up some lunch supplies from my favorite shop…only to find it closed on Mondays! so many of the small stores/restaurants in my town have gone from 7 day operations to just 5 due to lack of staffing

Happy week ahead! TT

• ginger48
    Options

Happy Birthday, Karen! I hope you are feeling well enough to get some enjoyment out of your day.

This is my last week of medical leave. I am up to taking two to three 1-mile walks a day. Building back stamina but my chest is still very sore.

• wonderland
    Options

Happy Birthday Karen! You deserve a special treat. Think of you every day.

TT: I'm sure you're ready for this term to be over. Same thing where I live with restaurants. They really do try to stay open but can't without staff.

Ginger: Hope you improve daily.

If all goes well, dh and I will leave tomorrow for a short trip to eastern NC to visit State Parks. Don't have set plans - just getting in the car and go.