Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2010

Going to gym in a few minutes.  I figure that it may not be crowded because lots of people will be at superbowl parties. 

Yep, tech-challenged.  Hooked up the DVD and it won't play DVD's!!!  I haven't a clue why but will play around with it later.  It is a combo DVD/VCR and the VCR plays okay.  I have one exercise VCR that I can use as last resort since I was only going to use it in the morning before work anyway.  We'll see.  Back later.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited February 2010
    Just got done cleaning the house Cry; not my favorite activity, nor I do a very good job on. I have to find out if my husband can tear himself away from the TV with the DVD/VHS player (Super Bowl stuff which is already on, of course!) so I can do a tape, or if I should just jump on the treadmill, will check back later when I've done one or the other.
  • bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2010
    Only went for a long walk in the snow yesterday as the gym was closed.  I did an hour of hills and felt it was a bit of a challenge.  This morning drove to my mother's at the Jersey shore - she got 12+ inches of snow and can no longer shovel so she was snow bound.  It was her 79th birthday and she is a 30 yr BC survivor.  My workout was shovelling her deck, carport, pathway to the street and uncovering her car and garbage cans.  All accomplished in about an hour and a half of power shovelling.  It felt like a great upper body workout and tonight I am stiff, stiff stiff - but a good stiff and she was so happy to feel like she had some freedom.  We topped it off with a late lunch at her favorite restaurant.  SO and I just got home to PA and settling in to watch the game.  He watches, I snooze Kiss  Have a great night all.
  • patoo
    edited February 2010

Ran 45 mins in pool; did 12 mins on elliptical; 15 mins on treadmill; few reps leg curls and few reps ab crunches. 

Bobcat, I also felt pretty good yesterday after shovelling my driveway.  I think it's because we're in better shape.

Going to fix a strawberry/banana/blueberry smoothie and a mini-bag of popcorn for dinner. 

Night my Power Buddies.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010
    Sneaked in the "Tone and Blast" tape while DH took a pregame break and went out and shoveled/chopped ice on the driveway, then finished up the the treadmill for my for 60 minutes.  Since I cleaned the inside, I thought it was only fair that he do the outside!!!! No Cheryl, we do NOT want to go to snow shoveling camp Cry!!!! Good night. Power Up for another great week! Ruth
  • Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited February 2010

Hi Rangers!  You guys are rough!  All that shoveling!  We haven't had good snow in a while!  I miss it and I am jealous!  

Well, I did intervals on the treadmill yesterday, cleaned the house and cooked/cleaned for the rest of the day yesterday.  Today, I got up early to begin the day by cleaning out the puppies crate (due to a couple of accidents).  I baked a breakfast casserole I prepped last night, went to church, came home, baked a cake for DH b-day, made rice dish for DS w/wisdom teeth recovery, went to grocery, made home made enchiladas, made home made bean dip, cleaned up dishes (x-2), wrapped gifts, had cake, opened gifts, and cleaned up AGAIN!  Does this all qualify for exercise?  I didn't sit down from about 8:30 a.m.

Tomorrow I am back to my Firm tape.  I need some upper-body work!

Have a great night!

Lorrie 

• Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Where is everyone???  

I just finished the Firm!  

How's it going?  

Lorrie 

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

Just home from a great spin class!!  Looking at some more shoveling here in the east by Wednesday.  I hate when school is closed because they cancel all the classes at the Y!  I don't have any school age kids anymore so I sound like a crabby old lady :o)

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Lorrie - you wore me out just reading all you did yesterday.  I think I just exercised my brain cells and since I'm busy this evening it may be all the exercise I get today.  (but will probably do a little something tonight).

Bobcat - maybe I don't have to exercise today or tomorrow as it does look like I'll be getting another round of shovelling exercise.  But I think I'm in so much better shape to be able to handle it - so bring it on!!!  I'd rather shovel it; hate driving in/on it.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2010
    Dragged my but out into the cold and went to the gym lasted i hour then hit the sauna.Would of liked to stay there forever.Laughing
  • Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Mum--I have to say, your avatar is the best! It always cracks me up!

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

Oh my gosh - me too! That is adorable.

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Okay, I allow myself one day, Sunday-Saturday, off, and I just recently got home so I guess this is the day.  That means I have to get up early Wednesday to exercise and my usual Friday off won't happen this week.  Oh well, the good news is exercise is starting to become a routine part of my day and I miss it when I don't do it.

Go Power Rangerettes.  Night.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010

Hi All, did 60 minutes on the treadmill (ouch, I wore the wrong shoes and my feet hurt!), then a little 15 minutes of "Abs Express". We are in a Winter Weather Advisory tonight, with  temperatures, to quote the TV meteorologist, "going down, down, down". We northern girls should have very sculpted arms from all the shoveling. Mum, is the cat in your picture your pet? If so, what's his/her name? So cute......have a cozy night. Ruth

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2010

Did a Body Combat class tonight now I can hardly move my legs they feel like big blocks of wood but don't feel sorry for me as in half an hour I'm going with my neighbor to get a massage.  Patoo it's true you do become addicted, I admitted to a woman in class tonight that I panic if I think I'm going to be late or not going to make class.  Hope everyone is safe after all that snow and shoveling keep up the good work.  Jennie where are you........  Mum I agree with everyone you avatar is precious.

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2010
    Yes Mum - That pic is a hoot, but I believe I've already told you. I chuckle everytime I look at it too. I'm a cat lover. Didn't get to do any exercise as I had a lot on my plate today. Yesterday I did walk and do pilates for about an hr. Tomorrow I will get on the stick as I have got to keep the weight off. I won't let Femara dictate how much I weigh! Good night all. Chris
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2010
    I am off to the gym now am going to try a lowimpact class just hope it doesn't have too much impact on my ability to move tomorrow.Tongue out
  • ruthbru
    edited February 2010

Yea Mum! I'm sitting at work checking in here instead of attacking the piles on my desk. Does 'wadding through paperwork' count as exercise?

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

One of the best spin classes ever!!  It was very intense as the instructor said it was to make up for tomorrow snow storm.  My plan - to take a walk in the snow with my shovel and help our anyone who needs it.  An upper body workout!!

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2010

Good Afternoon Power Rangers!!!! Funny how that name stuck...I was just being silly!

I've been a little under the weather with sinus bleck...actually took last couple of days off from gym but still managed to walk a couple of miles each day. Tonight I plan on going to gym with DH...we'll see! Just wanted to check-in and cheer....GO POWER RANGERS!

Kris 

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Okay, not feeling it but I'm going down and do the treadmill.  Back later.

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Ouch.  Think I need to invest in new walking shoes because my right foot and left knee were not happy with the mere 30 mins; 1.4 miles I just did.  Still want to do a DVD after a brief rest.  Should get plenty of exercise tomorrow because of the snow. 

Go Power Rangers!

• Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Hey Rangers!  

This morning was crazy so didn't get to do the treadmill before work.  You know it really makes a difference.  But a good friend called me this afternoon and we walked three miles together.  I wasn't sure I'd get any exercise in but I did!  Hurray!!

Looks like I'll get some upper body work tomorrow too!  Snow is on the way!

Great job everybody!  

G'night!

Lorrie 

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010

Did half hour on the treadmill, and a 45 minutes sculpting tape; patoo, lets go shoe shopping, my feet are hurting too. Hope you feel better, Kris. Bobbi, you can make a "Sculpt and Shovel" DVD Smile! Go, Go Power Rangers!

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

Power Girls!!!  Good job everyone getting something in today.  My friend just certified as a personal trainer and offered a FREE Cardio Blast class tonight.  SO and I went from 7-8 -(I'm usually in my jammies by then) and we had a blast.  I will pay for this tomorrow during my shoveling tour of downtown.  I love it - Sculpt and Shovel :o)

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2010

Walked yesterday morning and FIRM in the afternoon after work and I pulled my calf !  OUCH... but.. tried walking this morning again, and by the end it felt much better.  Might have to only do the floor excercise part of the FIRM tomorrow to make sure I don't injure it more!!  I, too, will probably have to shovel tomorrow!!!  I'm sorta hoping for a "snow day".  I would love to not have to get the kids up at 6.  BUT just in case, must head off to bed soon!!     Sweet dreams!

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Sculpt and Shovel - that's gonna be me today.  Got about 8 inches here so far and it's still coming down.  This time it's wet so will be a harder workout. 

Later.

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2010

Finally gave in...off to doc this morning. This is the first time I have been sick since before BC diagnosis. I have been trying to avoid antibiotics but it looks to be inevitable. I should have known by my low energy last week that this was coming.

YA'LL EXERCISE FOR ME THIS WEEK AND I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU SOMEDAY...I PROMISE! GOOOO POWER RANGERS! 

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Okay, 1-1/2 hours of shoveling; down 3 lbs.  Last week dropped 1 from shoveling but it only hid in the garage and came back a day or so later.  Let's see if I can hold these 3 at bay.  It started snowing again so probably have to go out again later but shouldn't be as bad.  Bet my hip is planning it's revenge.

If I live I'll report back later.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2010
    Good morning everyone this is my yesterdays post as after the gym last night ran home, showered and went out to dinner but at least I got in my tuesday Body Step class.  Mom I hope you feel better, let us know what doc says,  fmakj stretch out that calf and take care of yourself and Ruth if there's any shoe shopping count me in.  Lorrie, Bobcat and Patoo be careful with that snow shovel, but 3lbs ohhhh I am envious I'll have a piece of chocolate to celebrate for youKiss .  You'll probably have more snow as we've had horrible rain but today dawned cold and sunny. I'm here to let you know I am officially old as with the cold/rain yesterday I had the worst Femara arthritis wrist pain, it was like my thumb kept getting ripped off - aghhhhhh!!!!!