Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2010

Hi Everyone!!  Well we flew into Houston last night and are now on the seawall in Galveston.  We get on the ship tomorrow (Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel).  Am looking forward to it, but want to keep my excercising up!!  Went for a walk this am with DH and DD while my other 2 DDs slept!!  Now am heading down for a little breakfast and some last minute item shopping!!  Hopefully I will not gain much on this trip!!!!  Will be keeping you all in my mind to keep me motivated to excercise..... not sure if I will be on past tomorrow am.  Keep plugging away Power Rangers!!!

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2010

HAPPY SATURDAY!

HIGH HO HIGH HO OFF TO THE GYM I GO!

GET UP AND MOVE LADIES...EVERY LITTLE THING COUNTS! 

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2010

Good Morning!!  Just home from a spin but did something stupid this morning.  My SO's 2 year old granddaughter stayed over last night and this morning I picked her up with a dead lift from the pack n play and now my back is in major spasm.  I am walking bent over and in so much pain.  Just took a valium for the spasm and a percocet for the pain.  A hot shower and old movies for me today.  But - hey, at least I got a spin in before the spasm got too bad!!   Have a great day everyone.

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2010

I ROCKED THE GYM TODAY AND FEEL AMAZING!

* Ran 2 miles on treadmill (farthest I've run in years) Laughing

* 60 min upper body free weights

* 50 rail push-ups

* 15 min stretching!

Since I got home I have been running up and down stairs...cleaning...laundry and changing linens. Its 64 degrees and sunny here today so I think I have caught "SPRING FEVER"! 

HAPPY SATURDAY GIRLS! 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2010
    30 minutes upper body workout in  the weight room and one hour cardio dance class this morning.  Glad your Mum is home Jennie shes been through the wringer in the last couple of days so she needs to take it easy - just like you Bobbi, isn't it funny we know better but it is so easy to just move the wrong way and WHAM so just relax and enjoy cuddle time on the couch with your blankie or snuggie if you have one!  Hey mom wanna come clean my house as well - no stairsLaughing.  I can't wait for Ruth or Patoo I'm going shoe shopping today, no matter what shoes I wear my feet burn like heck so I'm going to get new ones to see if that helps.  Happy Saturday.
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited February 2010
    OK Cheryl, you are offically invited to patoo and my shoe shopping spree; anyone else want to join us? SmileI have been up too late with the Olympics also; but after checking in, I'm feeling the peer pressure.....will be report back later. Ruth 
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2010

Cheryl, I went to the stores today but didn't buy shoes. What did you get?   Maybe tomorrow I'll get there.  Ruth, you going?

Bobcat, sorry about your back.  Hope it eases up soon.

Did 45 mins jogging, lower and upper body workout in pool.  15 mins elliptical.  15 mins upper body on machines.  Walked around supermarket and 2 other stores (hey, that counts!)

MaryLouise, you won't see this until you get back but those are the same ports on one of my cruises, but that was 10 years ago.  If you climb the Dunns River Falls that will be a workout in itself but of course I was 10 years younger at the time.

Great work everyone.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010

No, I haven't gone shoe shopping yet. I went out for a long coffee instead. I may try to do some 'research' online about what might be the best to get, I don't think the people who work at stores really know anything about them, and I'm thinking the brand I've been buying for years isn't doing it for me anymore. Did 30 'Super Slimming Sculpt', 30 "Rock Solid Cardio", and 15 minutes on the treadmill. Have a great night everyone! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2010

Hi Ruth, I went shoe shopping and got myself some Nikes at Kohls I hope they work I jumped around a bit in the store and they felt good I'll put them to the test in the morning.  Patoo I don't know if you have a store called "Tuesday Morning" on the east coast if you do they had "The Firm" tone and sculpt DVDs for $5.00.

Cheryl

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited February 2010

Hi everyone.  Today I have gone riding for 35 minutes. 

Bobcat I hope your back is better soon. 

I'm going shoe shopping tomorrow for new joggers.  The pair I have only lasted 2 months but I don't have the receipt so I can't go back and complain.  I have a busy week ahead with the lympodema clinic, oncologist and physio. 

Take care ladies

Jennie

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited February 2010

Hey Rangers--I've still been a slacker.  Only did my "power" housework yesterday.  But, today is a new day!  I am going to do intervals on the treadmill today.  I hear that it burns tons more calories!  

Patoo--so sorry that you have to deal with that kind of situation at work.  It's so stressful.  I used to work for Bell in the 80's and that's how they laid people off.  The dumpster would pull up to your office and you new the axe was about to fall.  So sad.

Have a great Sunday!

Lorrie 

• etk02038
    etk02038 Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2010

Hi Ladies,

New to this thread. I walked 2 miles yesterday(1/3 of a mile with my lazy chubby lab). I am 3 weeks out from my last lumpectomy and node biopsy and finally pushing myself to exercise again.  I don't have lymphadema but am concerned that I could still get it. Is it ok to lift waits or should I still wait?

Ellen 

• bobcat
    edited February 2010
    Hi All - the back is still in spasm.  I slept well although drugged but this morning still bent over and in pain.  SO is taking me to the ER in hopes they will give me the shot that eases the spasm.   No exercise for me today except my 6 flights of steps.  I am hoping tomorrow is the beginning of the end for this episode.  So frustrating.  Sorry for complaining but I could just cryCry
  • Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Don't apologize for complaining!  Back spasms are rough!  Take care and rest!  Soon enough you'll be back at it!

Lorrie 

• Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Welcome Ellen!  You really need to play it by how you feel regarding lifting weights.  Personally, I wasn't quite ready at 3 weeks.  Maybe you could run it by your surgeon first just to be sure!

Have fun!

Lorrie 

• rreynolds1
    rreynolds1 Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2010

Hi All,

So glad I found this thread.  I was a big exerciser until 10 years ago and want to get back to it post bc.  I stopped at menopause due to a lack of motivation.  I blamed it on mild depression but I just think I got lazy.  Anyway, I have been exercising off and on since my diagnosis last year and am ready to get serious again.  After reading the posts, I got on the eliptical for 30 mins.  Not a lot but it's a start.  My goal is to do that 6 times this week and life weights 3 times.  I'll post my activity.  Thanks for the kick in the butt.

Roseann

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

Just home from the ER - a shot of morphine for pain and tophorol(sp?) for spasm - I think it's starting to kick in nicely.  Script for percocet and soma - hope I don't need them.  I really want to get back to the Y tomorrow.  But I am moving much better and the pain that was 10+ is not 1-2 - woohooo!!!  Have a great night all.

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2010

Did Body Step class this morning and then negated everything by going out to brunch down at the beach, and to make it worse buffet brunch so a taste of this and a taste of that - oh well!  My new shoes worked well no foot burn but the test will be tomorrow in the Combat class as there is lots of jumping around.

Welcome Roseann and Ellen, it's nice to know that we've motivated you, I can't help you Ellen as I had a mastectomy but I was back in the gym after 3 weeks but I took it slow and did Yoga classes and worked my way back, I started with 3lb weights at 6 weeks and I'm nowhere near what I used to be able to do, when I do lat pulldowns I used to be 60lbs now I do 20/30lbs check with your surgeon mine is the one who gave me all my go aheads. 

Oh Bobcat I am sure glad you are okay just take it easy let the meds do their work and from a 10 to a 2 is great.  Jennie sounds like you have a very busy week ahead - don't you hate it when you thow away receipts you later find you need I learned the hard way and now I have box that I throw everything in.  Take care everyone.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010
    Hi Everyone!!! Welcome to Ellen and Roseann, this is the best thread of all because it has the most amazing ladies ever Laughing. Roseann, we will kick your butt if you want us to, be a shoulder to cry on if you need that (possibly do both at the same time!). Ellen, I will PM you some exercises from a booklet I got from the American Cancer Society about 'Exercises After Surgery" (otherwise this post will get way too long). Jennie, glad your mom is home from the hospital, just being IN the hospital takes alot out of a person. Mary Louise, have fun, fun, fun on the cruise. Keep moving, and then you can eat all you want and enjoy the whole experience. Bobbi, hope your back feels better. It is so frustrating when something like that happens. Along with the pills, go lightly the next couple days and probably keep icing it too (a bag of frozen peas works well Smile). Cheryl, what fun to have brunch on the beach! Kris, you sound like you are feeling 100% again! Last night I was looking through the mail, and there was a catalogue called 'FootSmart' in the pile. (Very freaky, since I had just said I was going to do shoe research.) It said to put your feet in water and then stand on a piece of paper to find out your foot type. So I did and found that I have a high arch (the choices were high, normal, and flat). Then it made recommendations on what shoes you should buy!!! I'm not comfortable buying a shoe I've never tried on, online so will look around here (as they are Saucony & Asics so I should be able to find them). Interesting, their website is www.FootSmart.com if you are interested. I cleaned the house and did a couple other things, so ended up with 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes of abs and called it a day. Let's have another AWESOME WEEK! Much love to you all! Ruth
  • kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited February 2010

Hello everyone and a special welcome to the new ladies. 

Today I have ridden my bike for 20 minutes and also been to curves and done the 30 min circuit.

I hope today finds everyone fit and healthy

Take care

Jennie

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Good morning everyone.  Had busy day yesterday but managed to squeeze in 35 mins on treadmill.  Have my pool gear with me to go to gym after work tonight.

Tomorrow starts a free program at the Y called "Livestrong".  It's an aquacise 12-week program specifically designed for cancer survivors.  Since I already do water aerobics this should be fun as well as help me to learn more exercises both in and out of the water.  It's a collaboration between the YMCA and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, in case anyone wants to check with their local Y.

Welcome Ellen and Roseann.  This is a great place to be for motivation.  When I got home yesterday, even though I knew I was not going to sign on here, I still had to do something so I could report this morning. 

Bobcat - glad you are getting some relief.  Think about it, dealing with pain is also exercise because you have had to constantly try and do everyday things in a different way.  That takes work!

Okay, wanted to say more but I think my boss would like me to do some work eventually so will try to get back later or this evening.

Let's have a moving week all.

• Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Just checking in!  How's it going everyone!  I did the Firm tape today.  I took some pictures of the dogs and what they do when I workout.  When I figure out how to add them to the post, I'll add them.  

Looks like the weather will be a challenge this week but oh well...I'm an indoors exerciser right now anyway!

Lorrie 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2010

Can I join?  Gained 20 chemo pounds and haven't been able to lose it, and I'm really frustrated.  Femara isn't helping, as many of you AI gals know.  I'm finding it hard to keep motivated when I'm getting no positive reinforcement of weight loss from all my workouts.  So encouragement and butt-kicking is welcome.

30 minutes on the elliptical today. 

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

Patoo - you are so right!!  I am burning calories just dealing with the pain.   Just made an appointment with a chiropractor/holistic practitioner for Wednesday.  I've had too many drugs in the past couple of years and don't want to take any more than I have to.  I'd rather find a natural remedy for this nagging back situation.  The website looks good and a couple of people at my Y recommend him.  Wednesday at 4PM - I am so looking forward to this.  Thanks for the support Rangers! But, I did spin this morning. Paying for it now :o)  Have a good night all.

• bobcat
    edited February 2010

Sorry - I'm a little loopy.  Rough day.

• Morgan513
    edited February 2010

Take care of yourself, Bobcat!  I hope all goes well at the holistic chiropractor.  You'll have to tell us how your appointment goes.

Welcome to the Power Rangers, Natsfan!  You'll get tons of motivation from us and tons of support too!

Lorrie 

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2010

Good evening ladies -  Did 30 min of cardio dance. Have really been having fun with that one. Also did 30 min of Pilates. I've been a little up and down the last few days in anticipation of my surgery. I realize it's a normal reaction but it gets me a little PO'd that I have to lay low and then start all over AGAIN! I know I'm b****ing, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Welcome to the newcomers. This is a great place that helps you to do something that is healthy and contributes to recovery, physical and emotional well-being.

Bobcat - Hope things get better for you very soon!

Have a good one. Chris

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Chris, rant on.  We count everything outside of the usual as exercise! 

Welcome Natsfan.  Stay with us.  After a few days you, too, will hear that little voice in your head telling you to get moving.  Gets to the point where you can't even sign on to BC.o, not only this thread, but the whole BCo website, unless you can come and say you moved!  That's not to say you can't take a day off now and then but no more than 2 days in a row.  So posting here is a cyber-contract with your sisters that you are going to help us keep on track.   30 mins on the elliptical - way to go! 

45 mins workout in pool this evening - upper and lower body plus jogging.

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2010

Good evening all and welcome NatsFan I am also a member of the Femara brigade, haven't lost a lb I but not gaining and that's what matters.  Did one hour Body Combat tonight.  Jennie even with your busy week you are such a good girl keeping up with the exercise, let us know how your onc appointment goes.  Bobcat you are an exercise addict, I know it's hard but take it easy tomorrow and let us know how the chiropractor appointment goes.  Chris it is understandable to be up and down but in a week you'll be on the road to recovery, hey Lorrie I am camera challenged as wellLaughing hope you enjoy the new program Patoo and Ruth thanks for that website I found some good insoles that I'm going to purchase.  Power on girls!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2010
    Chris, I think that nothing is more unsettling that waiting for surgery Cry, but you won't be starting over from scratch because you'll have a good base to go in with; and you can start walking again right away, correct? (So you won't be off the excerise hook Wink). Patoo, how was your exercising with Lance? Lorrie, I did the FIRM with you today, the 500 CALORIE WORKOUT. Bobbi, I hope you can get your darn back straightened out, that wouldn't affect your surgery date or would it? Welcome NatsFan; if you come here and check in, you will HAVE to exercise, and then you will have fun, feel great, get nice and fit and shapely, and maybe even lose some weight too!!!!  Oh yeah, I was on the treadmill the other day, and while switching channels, came upon a rerun of THE MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS. Right before they 'morphed' into their fighting machine, one of the characters said, "Let's show them what friends working together can do!" (then I switched the channel; but it's a good motto for us too Smile!) Good Night All! Ruth