Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2010

We had such a deluge here this morning our street was a river so I put my shoes in my bag put on my flip flops and braved the puddles to go to the Body Combat class, am trying to sweat out this scratcy throat before it turns into a cold. Have a great saturday everyone.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2010

hb - my dh grew up in La Habra - just up Beach Blvd from you.  Most of his family still lives out there - you all really have had the rain this winter.  

Mom- I think I'd be ready for 2 naps after all that - great workout! 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2010

You gals are really going at it - YAY!

23 mins stat bike; 7 mins torture elliptical; 60 mins running/aerobics in pool.  I feel great.

Thanks all!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited February 2010
    GREAT JOB EVERYBODY!!! I did a very nice 40 minute old FIRM toning tape & a 20 minute cardio express. RS and I did NOT get together today. Aerobically, he doesn't keep up with me anymore Smile, but we can still tone together Wink on occasion. (I love using the little faces!) Bobbi, glad your back is better!  Cheryl, here is something I do to kill the germs; gargle twice a day with warm salt water, also twice a day blow your nose, take a Q-tip and swab out your nostrils with the warm salt water. It is suppose to be 29 ABOVE and sunny tomorrow; maybe, it's not windy, I will try to walk outside. Keep up the super work!! Ruth
  • rreynolds1
    rreynolds1 Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2010

I'm really impressed with the amount of exercise you ladies do each day.  I've been keeping up with my eliptical 30 min a day committment.  I have several Firm tapes but haven't done them since my diagnosis a year ago.  It's a terrific program so I will get back to it when I'm ready.  For now, it's all about the eliptical.

Roseann

• NatsFan
    edited February 2010

Yesterday - 20 minutes elliptical, plus 10 minutes Wii ski jumping - I'm still the gold medal winner!Laughing  And my Wii Fit age is 32 - I like that much better than my real life age of 54!  Also, later I did 15 minutes on the arm bike.

The snow piles from the Great DC Snows of 2010 seem more manageable now and most sidewalks are clear, so dh and I plan to do a long walk this afternoon - the first time we've been able to do that since December!

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2010

* 30 min stair master

* 45 min abs

NatsFan...you make me laugh Laughing I'd be tickled too if Wii took some of my age off! I've actually started aging more gracefully since BC because I figured getting older beats the hell out of the alternative! 

Enjoy your Sunday! 

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2010
    One hour body step class today.  Nats yes La Habra is just up the road and you're right we have had more than our share of rain this year but we need it and today is magnificient sunshine.  I gotta save up and get me one of those wii's if that's what it takes to reverse the ageing processInnocent, my goodness mom 45 mins of abs you must have abs of steel, I keep telling people that under this roll of jelly is a very tight 6 pack.  Roseann 30 mins eliptical is amazing - good job.  Patoo all that shovel and sculpting and you still worked out - gold star for you. Ruth I did read last night and took your advice and gargled- dah I knew that but "forgot" anyway today I feel much better and the scratchy throat is gone.  Have a great day everyone.
  • lillian1
    lillian1 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2010

Hi - I bought those Sketchers sneakers that are supposed to firm up your thighs and butt (yeah, fell for it) and try to take a 30 minute walk every day.  If the weather is lousy, which it's been non-stop here since December, I get on my Gazelle and do the same.  I also do some arms exercises with 8 lb. free weights and some stomach crunches.  I'm afraid that I'm not very consistent with the crunches!

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2010

Hi Lillian, I have a friend who also bought those Sketchers and she is swearing by them, she's had them for a couple of months so as long as you are putting one foot in front of the other that is what matters and welcome.

• patoo
    edited February 2010

Hey ruthbru, do you swab your nostrils with the Q-tip before or after you gargle wit the warm salt water?  Laughing

Haven't done anything, yet, today except exercise my arm and hand moving food from plate to mouth and back again.  Went to church this morning and then a banquet after.  May get on treadmill later.  I would like to at least do 30 mins, especially after eating a full meal.  We'll see.

Good work everyone.  Welcome anyone new lurking out there.  Don't be shy - it's working so join on in.  As hbcheryl says, just one foot in front of the other, a step at a time is all it takes.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2010

Only exercise today was screaming at the TV durring the hockey game and yes I did drink a beer.I am Canadian.

• patoo
    edited March 2010

Funny mum!  You worked those lungs - that's exercise. 

http://beer.about.com/od/vegetablerecipes/Vegetable_Dishes_made_with_Beer.htm

Next time go here and you can get your "beer" classified as a vegetable and we need 5 servings a day!

Got up off the couch and walked, slowly, for 35 mins; 1.34 miles.  Stopped because I convinced myself that I need to relax and let my body wind down before I turn in (we can talk ourselves into anything, can't we?)

Night all.

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2010

Mum - my BIL was screaming at the tv!!  Go US!!  Go Canada!!  I love all the athletes..all heroes. I don't care who wins.  Bad me...  

Just home from the beach.. I did a 5 mile plus walk but got so cold and started having spasms that I called SO to come pick me up one mile from home. Felt like such a wimp and failure but the back is really feeling better but just couldn't handle the spasms.  I am going to the local college tomorrow and joining the pool -  will run in the pool with my belt and try swimming to help the upper body.  You gals are the only ones who understand why we keep on "keepiin' on"  Love and hugs.  B

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Hi All, and welcome to Lillian! Congratulations to Mum on your hockey win! What an exciting game!  I am watching the closing ceremonies right now. So many amazing personal stories from around the world, winners all. Nats, since the Olympics are over, claim that gold medal! DH will have to wait 4 years for a rematch Laughing. I think I will get a Wii and some sketchers so I can have a firm butt and take 20 years off my age!!!!! Roseann, it took me a long time before I started doing my FIRM tapes again, and then I just followed the beginners gal with no weights, worked up to little bitty weights and slowly up from there; so be in no hurry but know that you eventually can get back at it. Bobbi, good idea to hit the pool; backs are touchy and will make you OBEY them; so don't make yours mad; let it heal! Patoo, just a personal preference, but I'd probably gargle first and then swab Tongue out. Speaking of heros; it's a catergory that fits us; so put yourself up on the podium and cheers and medals to us all!!!!!!!!!!!! Ruth
  • reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    Hi Ladies - All I did today was a 40 min walk. Lots of errands to do and getting things in order so I can lay low after surgery. I really wish it was already done and over. I hate the waiting. I'll have plenty of time to sit around afterwards b/c that's all I'll be allowed to doFrown. Well, have a good one everybody. Chris
  • ruthbru
    edited March 2010

Chris, how long do you have to be in the hospital? Do you have to do any PT afterwards? How long before you can 'move & groove' again? It's Thursday, right? We will be thinking of you, and you will have to let us know how it goes as soon as you can type with one finger even. Hang in there! Ruth

• NatsFan
    edited March 2010

Yesterday - 5.5 mile walk with DH.  We had to keep crossing the street and dodging the snowbanks at the intersection corners where the road crews had piled the snow up, but other than that most people had been good about shoveling their sidewalks.  And there's actual bare ground showing now in places - my daffodils are about 2 inches out of the ground.  Woohoo!

That was a hockey game, wasn't it?  Congrats, mumayan on the victory - definitely worth a beer! Why do I have a feeling it was probably a Molson?  Of course as a Washington Capitals and Ovechkin fan, it just had to be our arch-enemy Crosby that scored the winning goal! Yell 

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

OK - did a spin this morning and 15 minute ab workout.  The back is slowly starting to respond and I'm wondering if the arimidex is making the process more prolonged this time.  I'll never know but I am being super careful about bending, stretching, lifting, turning.  Sometimes, even sitting too long causes stiffness.  No real spasms today - that is a good thing!!!   I am hitting the Y tomorrow and just ordered a supply of  Land's End bathing suit separates so I can look stylish at the pool.  I'm determined to make swimming part of my routine to ease the back and joints.

Congrats to the Canadian hockey team - what a great win!!

• etk02038
    etk02038 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010

I really had to push myself today...feeling down and tired. A cup of coffee and walking my 5 dog clients helped. Did 3 miles on elliptical and some work with my 5 pound weights after I got home.

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

Good  job, Ellen.  We all know it's hard to push when we are tired and depressed.  I actually cried(to myself) at the end of spin class today.  It's hard sometimes, hang in there.

• NatsFan
    edited March 2010

On those days when I really don't want to workout, I remember something that someone said to me once - she said, "There are times that I regret that I didn't workout, but I have never had a time when I regretted working out."  And it's true - I actually usually feel more proud of myself when I finish a workout that I really didn't want to do. 

Bobcat - glad to hear those spasms seem to be easing a bit.  I'm impressed you did the 5 mile walk, and I think you were smart to call your SO when the spasms got worse - yo don't want to push yourself too hard to the point where you're completely out of action for a while.  I would not be surprised at all if the armidex is prolonging the healing process - I've noticed the same thing on femara that it seems to take longer to get over those aches and pains when I overdo it.

My workout today before work - 20 minutes elliptical.  After work - 30 minutes elliptical.   

• patoo
    edited March 2010

Yes it is hard and sometimes we just have those down times.  I'm having one right now but I ate dumb stuff today so I'm going to get on the treadmill for a bit at least.  That usually lifts my mood somewhat because it makes me feel good to know I moved.  Back later to check on you all before signing off.

• patoo
    edited March 2010

55 mins; 2.6 miles on treadmill.  YAY!  It feels good. 

Night my powerful Sculptesses.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

Great job, ladies! I think the times that you really DON'T feel like it, are the times you need to do it the most (so special extra bonus points to Ellen and patoo!!!). There are many times I whine and complain to my DVD exercise instructors; but the dang, perky little things pay no attention at all!! I did my hard "500 Calorie Workout" & 30 minutes on the treadmill. Bobbi, I know that Armidex definitely makes me feel more 'creaky'; but I found the more I didn't do stuff, the creakier I felt. You'll have to give a fashion report on the suits. That is still on my 'to do' list. OK, now that the Olympics are over, my goal is to try to get to bed at the decent time, so better get a few things done around here quick. Night all! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Hello all, did one hour Body Combat class tonight, had to stop and have a big coughing fit halfway through but I did the whole class.  I have stopped doing pushups as I feel that was agravating my wrist arthritis and my wrist does feel much better, so when everyone is doing pushups I just roll over and do extra ab work.  Bobcat you are allowed to feel down, you put on a brave face for everyone but you're probably mad at yourself for bending/twisting the wrong way then you've got your surgery next week so even though it's in a compartment at the back of your mind it's still there - girls we are our own worst enemies but always remember that tomorrow is another day and we can just start over.  My roommate is baking cookies right now so I am going to have a cup of tea and a couple of cookies and toast each of you, my truly amazing workout pals. 

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Eat a warm, just out of the oven cookie, or two, for me also. I am so glad I met you all Smile.....now  REALLY I must have to sign out for the night!
  • kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2010

Good morning everyone.  I didn't post my exercise yesterday so will now.  30mins on the stationary bike and today 30 mins circuit at the gym.  I WILL also be doing another 30 mins on the bike this afternoon.  Now that I have posted this I will have to do it. 

Take care everyone

Jennie

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Eating an oatmeal raisin in your honor, Ruth.  Hey Jennie how is your Mum doing?

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2010

Hi Cheryl.  Mum is not doing that well at the moment.  She had blood tests this morning and is due back at the Dr on Thursday.  At the moment she is unwell more from her heart condition rather than the pancreas.  I think her medication maybe to strong now, as she has lost so much weight (from the pancreas about 25kgs.  A bit like a skeleton).  Her blood pressure keeps dropping and she either passes out or feels like she is going to.  We are waiting on an appointment to see the pancreas dr, should be about a week or so.

I haven't had a biscuit for over a month, oatmeal raisin sounds divine.

Bye for now

Jennie