Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2010

Ellen - great news about the oncotype score!!  Grocery shopping can count as exercise.  Not exactly retail therapy but definitely burns calories.

Double spin this morning and now off to work.  SO on his way home from a business trip. 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010

Hi all.  Yes, grocery shopping counts because it's walking.  If you do it on an off day let it work to your benefit - pick up one thing from one side of the store and then the next item from the other side and then the 3rd item from back on the other side and just keep criss-crossing the store for your workout.

Missed yesterday so it was my day off.  Ate dairy and it did a job on me.  I get gas that settles in both my shoulders and nothing helps except burping it out over a few hours - Ouch.  I was miserable.  But exercise does become a habit and I missed it.  Today did 90 mins water aerobics including upper and lower workouts.  I'm beat now but feel good.

Night everyone.  Good work. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited March 2010
    Hello All, welcome to Kathy and MBCR!!! Ellen, congratulations on the no chemo; just a question, but if they are thinking of taking the ovaries out in two years, why don't they just do it now and get it over with? Kris, what happened to the ankle? Good work, Jennie, to go up to an hour. Mum, just because something is a habit; it doesn't mean you always WANT to do it, it just means that you do it anyway Smile! Speaking of which, tonight I did the treadmill for 45 minutes and spent 15 minutes toning with Richard (so he wouldn't feel neglected). The reason I didn't exercise yesterday is that it was my birthday and I was too busy socializing, eating cake, ice cream etc.  (since I weighed 3 more pounds this morning than I did yesterday Surprised, I'd say I did a pretty good job of celebrating!!). Have a GREAT Friday, everyone! Ruth
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2010

Happy Belated Birthday to you  

Happy Belated Birthday Dear Ruuutttthhhhh   

My day off exercise today just popped in to sing - had I known it was your birthday Ruth I would have eaten cake Laughing  Hope you had a great day.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Thank you, Cheryl; and have a piece of cake in my honor, it will still 'count' Smile! Ruth
  • kathylev
    kathylev Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2010

Happy birthday, Ruth and thanks for steering me to this site.   I did a 2 hour tennis clinic tonight.  Was lots of fun and a great workout too. 

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Good job, Kathy! We are glad you are here!! Tennis sounds fun and summery Cool! Much more fun when you can share (or commiserate, depending on the day!).
  • kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2010

Happy birthday Ruth.

I'm late posting today.  Spent the morning shopping as I had the car, went to 4 different shops trying to get all the specials.  Someone mentioned that this can count towards exercise, so I'm taking it as at least 30mins walking.(lol)  This afternoon did my session with Judge Judy and the stationary bike, 30 mins.

Keep happy and healthy everyone

Jennie

• bobcat
    edited March 2010
    Happy Birthday, Ruth!!Kiss  I am off to walk/run with my training partner.  Looks like spring like weather for PA this weekend - yeah!!
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2010

Hi Everyone!  Ruth - Happy Birthday - 21 again, huh?

Yesterday - 20 minutes elliptical before work, 30 minutes after work.  

The weather is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend in DC - hooray!  DH and I plan on getting out and doing some serious walking.  

Kirsten - I think shopping is definitely worth at least 30 minutes of walking!  I was just looking at your dx line in your sig - we're pretty much dx twins, aren't we?

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    Hi Ladies - Surgery is done and I'm doing fine.No exercise today. Still rather tired (meds). Will catch up later. Hope everyone is doing well. ChrisSmile
  • patoo
    edited March 2010

Well, Friday evening again and my night to really do nothing so I had to come here so those voices will be louder in my head.  So will put on my walking shoes, go down and walk the treadmill while I watch jeopardy.

Happy birthday Ruth.  I had a taste for cake yesterday and gave in so I was celebrating with you. (another reason to get on the treadmill)  Back later.

• patoo
    edited March 2010

Okay, 31 mins; 1.53 miles.  Feels good that I pushed on and it's al because of your voices in my head - thanks!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Chris, glad to hear that you are on the mend!  I definitely believe one should eat cake AND exercise both for a well rounded life Smile!!! I did another half hour on the treadmill and half hour FIRM scuplt. Now, I am going to go to the store, because our 'spring' weather for this weekend is suppose to consist of freezing rain Frown.  So east coast ladies, enjoy the 50s for me!!! Later, Ruth
  • hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Jennie walking and biking good job.  Chris so glad to hear from you and that you are well.  Ellen congrats on the oncotype number, we are so lucky to have that darned test.  Patoo you make me laugh, you are allowed to have a day off.  Ruth you really are neglecting poor Richard only spending 15 minutes with him yesterday.  Well tonight I did a Body Pump class I was going to do some cardio after the class but I stood and flapped my gums with the instructor for half and hour after class and then I'd lost my momentum and anyways I'm going back in the morning for combat.  Nats enjoy the spring like weather, we are going to have rain again but I am going to go looking for some rose bushes as I have just built a new rose garden.

• kirstensmum
    edited March 2010

Hello everyone.  Just a quick post as I have to go and pickup my daughter from work.

Weather is great today so I have ridden to the gym and then to the post office to pay some bills.  All up 30 mins on bike and 30 mins circuit.

Gotta go.  Bye

Jennie 

• etk02038
    etk02038 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010

Ruth, I don't know why wait 2 years for ovaries out. I will have a lot of questions for Dr. next visit. Happy Birthday!!!

Chris, glad you sound well.

I hope to jog outside today for first time in a long time-50+ degrees hopefully! I so need spring...my daffodils are starting to come up.With all this exercise my back is starting to hurt. I know I need to do core work which I hate but it helps my back.

Enjoy your day ladies! 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2010

Chris - glad you're doing well and surgery is over. 

ET - I hear you on the core work - I'd rather do aerobic stuff too, but I find that the s/es from Femara really crank up when I neglect weights and core.  

The rest of you ladies are putting me to shame - I only did 20 minutes of Pilates yesterday before work.  I just got lazy after work and didn't work out.  I promise to get out today and tomorrow with this 50's weather in honor of you who are having rainy weekends.  

Spring training has started so I'm in heaven - there's actual baseball on TV!!!  I also need to work out now while I can - once baseball season begins and we start going to games, my hot dog and beer consumption goes way up!   Tongue out 

• patoo
    edited March 2010

Good afternoon everyone.  Did one hour water exercise class this morning.  Wow, actually got to the gym for 9 am class - that's a major accomplishment because Saturday morning is the only time I can sleep in but will be busy today so needed to get that in. 

Going to drop my DS at the mall and maybe will walk the mall for awhile before I meet up with friends for a bite.  May do treadmill at home tonight.  I find that if I exercise early in the day, which is rare, I tend to do more later in the day so that's a bonus on weekends.

Everyone who is having good weather, enjoy.  Those having rain, think about the flowers that will result.  I actually love the rain and need to make that a routine to walk in it when I can.

Later my Powerful, Sculpted sisters.

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Good morning all went and did a Body Combat class this morning.  I used to be a morning exerciser but now I'm a night girl so it is hard for me too on the weekends but even though I dragged this morning I did it and now I'm getting ready to whiz around with the vacuum (and frighten the life out of the poor cat who is curled up in his basket).  Okay glimmer of hope for springtime I was looking at the roses that I had trimmed back to rest 6 weeks ago and they are full of foliage and one of them has a tiny bud on it so spring has sprung oh and one has aphids so the bugs are back as well.

• bobcat
    edited March 2010
    Hi Sculptresses!!  I did a double spin this morning and a 15 minute ab workout.  Just got home from taking my son to the airport - spring break in Jamaica - lucky kid, I love him...  It is so nice here this weekend that tomorrow is an outside bike ride on my favorite route before having to take a break for back MRI on Monday and then oopherectomy on Tuesday.  Son will be home on Thursday to spend the rest of the week with me - that will be nice.  Hope I am out walking by then,  Have a great weekend all - love youKiss
  • patoo
    edited March 2010

Walked around 2 large malls for about 3 hours and needed it because I'm off now to dinner with friends.  Hope that metabolism lasts through dinner!  Later.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Did my '500 Calorie Workout", and now it's out to dinner where I'll spend those 500 calories fast Wink! Later; Oh Beautiful, and Sculpted Ones! Ruth
  • patoo
    edited March 2010

Thanks Ruth, now I don't feel so bad.  Ate myself silly at Charlie Brown's.  It was soooooooo good and I'm a little stuffed.  It's almost 10pm so too late to get on the treadmill and work it off.  On the other hand, maybe if I just walk slowly it won't affect my sleep so I'll try that if only for 15 mins.  Will let you know tomorrow if I actually do or not.

Night all you Sculpted sisters.

• patoo
    edited March 2010

Okay, didn't sign off so went and did 15 mins, slow, only little over 1/2-mile.  At least that should help my body process that food better as I sleep.

Night.

• KorynH
    KorynH Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2010

Worked out with my hubby at the gym today and it feels great! Especially to share this activity with him...I never worked out before bc. I only went to bring my heart numbers back during Herceptin and it worked! (Ejection fraction is now at 70! = Highest you can get!) The added benefit was how GOOD it made me feel so now I go all the time! It keeps away the fatigue and boosts my mood too.

• kirstensmum
    edited March 2010

Hello everyone.

The weather is nice again today, not to hot with a light breeze. (about 30 celsius) so I have gone for a bike ride, about 45 minutes.  We have not had rain since 10 November last year, but on the other side of the country we have floods. 

Take care

Jennie

• etk02038
    etk02038 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010

It hit 58 degrees yesterday. Yippee, spring is on it's way! Went for a slow 3 mile jog. Hard but less boring than in the gym. Also did yard work. Today I think will stick with yard work and maybe some work with my weights.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies! 

• kathylev
    kathylev Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2010

40 min. on the elliptical and 20 on the treadmill.  Thinking about this board  kept me going.  I'm due to start radiation in two weeks.  Hope it doesn't knock me off my new routine.  Have a nice day, ladies.

Kathy 

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

25 mile bike ride this morning in the early spring weather.  So nice to be outside.  I love my spin classes but riding outside uses more of the body because of balance and steering and such.  At least that's my theory.  Wore my new heart rate monitor and burned 842 calories.  Start a liquid diet tomorrow in preparation for surgery on Tuesday.  Is it wrong for me to hope that I'll lose a couple pounds over the next 2 days - lol!!!