Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited March 2010
    Gosh; I'd take a real life Eduardo to a dream Lance anytime! Sign me up for the class; packing my bags as I type Cool!
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2010
    Oh Ruth you cougar Kiss
  • kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2010

Hi everyone.

Ruth, I hope your Dad is feeling better soon.  I think I would like to share Richard as well.  Are his workouts really hard or OK for a beginner.  I need a cardio style workout as Curves gives me all the strength training I need. 

Bobcat, riding outside is one of my favourite pasttimes.  Hope you remember to take it easy and look after yourself.

Todays exercise was 1 hour yoga class.

Take care

Jennie

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2010

Is it the excercise or Eduardo that gets the heart rate up? Laughing  Richard's workouts are fairly easy as you can put as much energy into them as you like.  My Mom does them with me and she is 76 years old!  I have quite a few of his tapes, but my favorites are Sweatin' to the oldies 1 &2 and Dance your pants off.  For toning up I like the FIRM Total body Workout that combines low impact aerobics and floor excercises - all with weights (Janet Jones is the instructor).   Today is sunny again, so will not be seeing Richard today.  I'll share him with any who need him!!  Have a GREAT day everybody!!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

I love "Dance Your Pants Off"! Richard isn't too hard for anyone, and the nice thing about him is that there all people of all shapes and sizes on his videos; not just cute Size 4 ladies in their 20s. The FIRM is great too; and it can be from hard to REALLY hard depending on the weights you use (but you do have to put up with the cute Size 4 gals!) A rainy, snowy, 'exercise in the house again' kind of day here, good day to all! Ruth

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2010

Hi everyone - yesterday I did 20 minutes of Wii yoga before work, 15 minutes of elliptical after work, along with 30 minutes of weight training.  I'd actually gone through most of my weight stuff after 20 minutes, but the voices encouraged me to add a few new things to make it 30.  So hooray for the voices!

Hooray for losing 4 of the cruise pounds, Mary Louise!

Bobcat and Reel - hope you continue to mend.  I've had that breathing tube sore throat too, but the worst was the time when apparently a bit of lip got pinched between my teeth and the tube, and I ended up with a red, swollen, painful lip sore.  That was not nice.  I have have nicely but pointedly mentioned that to every anesthesiologist since, and they've all promised to be careful not to let that happen again.  And it hasn't.

HB - next time I'm out visiting the in-laws in La Habra, I'm going to have to check out Eduardo!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2010

Body still way too inflamed for the gym but will try for a walk outside in the wonderful spring weather.

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2010
    Slept in until 9AM this morning!! Took me forever to catch up on all you Sculptresses.  You have me motivated.  I am feeling much better - tummy still a little sore and definitely still swollen but my running partner invited me to go on a nice walk with her and the dog so I am heading out for a little sunshine.  I think moving helps get that anesthesia out of the body along with lots of water.  I'll be careful but really looking forward to being outside.  Will check in later Cool
  • hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Nats you're on, I'll gladly share but be prepared to sweat.  Speaking of which has your MIL ever taken you to Glen Ivy out in Chino, if not make her it is such a fun day out and you can play in the "mud" it's really clay it's a fabulous day spa and well worth a visit, it's one of my favourite places, always take my out of town guests there. 

Mary Louise unfortunately I'm old enough to be his grandmother but there is something about him that everyone in the class works works out really hard, and it is so funny to see all the posturing that goes on in the front row - oh to be 40 years youngerWink.  

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2010

* 60 min upper body workout

Wasn't gonna go then I heard the voices...something is better than nothing! I start physical therapy in the morning and hope to get a better idea of how long I will be in this boot.

Keep up the good work girls!

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited March 2010

Yikes, I did not walk today.  I am ashamed.  But I WAS busy.

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

The walk was awesome but the 6 hours of work following took me over the edge - what was I thinking??   I am off to bed but feel better for the effort!  My son is stuck in the Houston airport for the night and will get home in the morning.  I will sleep in again and be ready for his return.  Hope all are doing well tonight.

hugs,  Bobbi

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010

Good evening all.

Did one hour water aerobics class.  Usually I try and stay after class and run another 15-30 mins but he was really pushing us and I'm whipped but it feels good.   Think I'll check eBay and Amazon over the weekend for RS DVD's. 

Sharon, it's okay we all get time off, but those voices will just be louder tomorrow.  Nats and mom both knew those voices would get louder so they pushed on.  You will too, next time - we know. 

Love you all, my Sculpted sisters.  Night.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Those VOICES are very insistant if you don't exercise!!! I easily could have skipped tonight too, but I KNEW I'd be in trouble if I skipped two nights in a row Surprised! So did a new FIRM DVD I just bought called "Get Chisel'd", (40 minutes cardio/sculpt & 15 minutes 'Kick it into Gear" aerobic section), then 35 minutes on the treadmill. Bobbi, don't push yourself too hard (somehow I don't think you will follow this advice Smile). Kris, good for you for working out! Let us know what you find out; therapy also counts as exercise, not the kind you want, but exercise non-the-less. Good Night All! Ruth
  • reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2010

Ruth - Hmmmm - a dream about Lance and a bike. This ought to be interesting and looking forward to hearing about it.Laughing

Did get a decent walk in today which made me feel better. I've been feeling a little down about not doing anything and being lazy. Admitttedly, I still have bouts of tiredness. My PS told me yesterday that it could take a couple of weeks. Lovely. I shouldn't complain.....it could be worse.

Well, have a restful evening ladies. Chris

• kirstensmum
    edited March 2010

Hello everyone.  Just lost my post so will try again.

I google Richard Simmons and was amazed at the amount of stuff that came up.  I will go to the local library and see if they have anything (try before buy) and then buy one.

Today went to curves, but no riding as too hot(39 celsius), but the good news is the forecast for the next week is high 20's.  I am so over summer, looking forward to a bit of the cooler weather.

Have a great weekend everyone

Jennie

• etk02038
    etk02038 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010

Well, the voices pushed me to exercise yesterday. I so wanted to take a nap but I pushed myself to do 3 miles on the elliptical. Then I took a nap later!  My dog had me up at 5:00 this morning so I think I might need another nap today!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2010

Hi Ladies - I was a bit lazy yesterday - only did my before work workout of 25 minutes of Wii Yoga and Strength.  Went to the dentist after work then out to dinner to our favorite Mexican restaurant.  so I really need to get moving today after that dinner!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    "Sculpt and Snooze', "Sculpt and Snarf"; the two latest DVDs in our collection Laughing!
  • hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Good morning girls, didn't "formally" work out yesterday but went to the nursery and bought some more roses and bags of soil for my garden, so did a bit of weightlifting and carrying getting it all into the back yard so that's what I'm counting, now if only the gardening fairy would come and do all the planting but I hear she is busy so guess what I'll be doing this weekend!! 

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

"Scuplt and Sow"

• patoo
    edited March 2010
    Funny Ruth!  Laughing
  • mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2010

* 45 min abs...not much but better than nothing!

Happy Weekend! 

• etk02038
    etk02038 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010

45 min of abs would kill me! I did about 4 minutes...I do much better with cardio.

3 miles jogging on treadmill today...I have to set mile goals, if I do it by time I milk it and don't challenge myself. With a mile go the sooner I get there the sooner I am done. Has anyone tried this site http://www.motiontraxx.com/  there are free music downloads to exercise with.

Going away tomorrow with my 2 sisters for a girls night away. I think the only exercise I will get is mall walking! 

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

We had a day off from school (we haven't used our set aside 'Snow Days'), so I have had a nice enjoyable day. Slept in, read the paper, and then got all my exercise done in the morning; 30 minutes upper body, 30 minutes buns, 30 minutes treadmill (I think I have now 'made up' for missing Wednesday). Coffeed with a friend all afternoon and now hope that DH will want to take me out to dinner when he gets home!!!!! Happy Weekend All!!!

• bobcat
    edited March 2010
    Ladies - I am so jealous of all the workouts going on but so proud of you.  Ruth - have a great dinner out.  I am still paying for that walk yesterday and have decided to take it easy through the RAINY weekend. My son spent the night in the Houston airport, finally made it to Detroit today and is flying into NJ tonight.  His dad is picking him up and I will see him tomorrow.  Snooze, snarf and sow - too funny...  Can't wait to get back into IT!!! Have a great night all Kiss
  • patoo
    edited March 2010

Did I miss a day this week yet?  Need to write it down, but then maybe that's not a good idea because it's better not to know if I have a day off coming.  So, I will try and get this body up and hit the treadmill in a bit. 

Great work everyone.  Later.

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Did one hour Body Pump class tonight.  Bobcat your son sounds like he has had a real airport adventure, did he miss his flight in Houston yesterday and that set him off on his surreal journey? and more importantly did he have a great time in Jamaica?  Ellen I hope you have a wonderful time with your sisters this weekend.  Ruth sounds like you had a nice day off and good girl for still doing your workout.  Mom 45 minutes of abs is awesome.  Patoo you are too funny but I do know what you mean - I was doing something at work today and I had a piece of paper in my hand then when I needed it I spent an hour looking for it - never found it I think I must have shredded it, - ahhh the joys of getting olderLaughing.  Jennie I hope you are getting some relief from the heat so you can get out on your bike again.  Take care and good night all.

• kirstensmum
    edited March 2010

Ok today was a slow day.  Finally managed 30 minutes on the exercise bike late this afternoon.

Take care

Jennie

• patoo
    edited March 2010

Well didn't do anything yesterday but made myself get out this morning.  Did 50 min water aerobics class (was 10 mins late) then stayed and ran in pool for another 30 mins.  May have hit a plateau because the scale is no longer going down.  But at least it's not going up.  Going to have to make those voices louder so I increase workouts.

Have banquet tonight and my church friends sure can cook.  So will make myself get on the treadmill when I get back home. 

Later Sculpted sisters.