Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Come to Seattle, it's low 60s here!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

hi ladies and welcome nibbaba.  This is a great place to get & stay motivated to move.

nancy, sorry to hear of progression, good luck with new chemo.  Walking is still good exercise!

cfdr, it's going to be 100 in Madison tomorrow - yikes - s/b cooler up by Lake Superior.

Got up early this morning so got in a nice long walk.  It's nice before the sun comes up.

Have a good night all.

• TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2012

60 min functional strength training and taught my cycle class this AM.

Good day! Got a call from the Fitness Director at the YMCA and they are going to use my "Lazy Man Triathlon" idea as a campaign fundraiser in September!  In a nutshell it is an Ironman triathlon that members have 30 days to complete!! I think we are going to raise money by getting pledges per mile...140.6 miles in all....Laughing

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

I am so sore from Tapout XT the last 4 days that I made today my rest day. Went out to see a local band at a summer fest with my best friend and our kids and danced for 2 hours straight so I am hoping that I sweat out some calories!

Legs and Back XT and yoga tomorrow!

Trchick- fantastic idea!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012

Very neat, Trchick!

Busy all day & didn't get home until 9 pm, at which point I did FIRM Maximum Cardio Burn plus Abs (so that I could check in here Tongue out).

It is nasty hot and humid here too. I think I should change my plane ticket to Seattle!!!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012

Welcome Nibbaba, Nancy I'm sorry to hear of your progression hoping your new chemo kicks butt. Misswim dancing and having fun with family and friends is the best kind of exercise. Trichick, lazy man triathlon is a fabulous idea and maybe the only way I could ever do oneSurprised Enjoy your mini vacation Badger, Door County is on my wish list of places to visit. Ronna I'll bet you are getting excited for your zumbathon.

Did do my classes on the weekend, Combat on Saturday and Step yesterday and tonight I did half a Body Attack class and a full hour of Spin, my butt is really feeling the pinchTongue out.

I have been having breast pain for the past couple of months and so today I had a diagnostic mammogram and an ultrasound. The last time I was in this center I got the "golden ticket:" and in 4 years they have made some very nice changes, they have obviously heard of scanxiety as after I had the mammogram they put me in a waiting area while the radiologist read the film then they took me for the ultrasound and once that was done the girl told me to lay and relax and the radiologist would read it and be in and see me, darn if in 5 minutes she didn't come in, take both my hands in hers, smile and say these magic words "no evidence of any cancer" whew and happy danced my way out of there.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Thank goodness, Cheryl! The happy dance is the BEST exercise of all!

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

Too right Ruth!!!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012
    Laughing
  • misswim
    edited July 2012

Wonderful,  Cheryl!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

YAY Cheryl, good news!

Got up a bit late so just a short walk this morning.  Date night tonight so I won't post later. 

Wishing my fellow Americans a happy & safe Independence Day.  They are canceling fireworks all over the state due to fire danger but we'll still have ours tomorrow night.  Happy Birthday USA!

p.s. if anyone is interested in a free yoga for BC DVD, head to the pinned thread "How many of you do yoga" here in the exercise forum.  The woman who created them posted an e-mail address and you can write her for a free DVD. 

• TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2012

Great news Cheryl - - Laughing

I am headed out for a busy day - run, eat, swim, eat, massage, blood work, see Dr. - - home for a nap by 3:30 I hope!

Headed out to dinner tonight with my hubby as he has to leave tomorrow to Mexico for 3 days for work Cry

No plans for me for the 4th aside from an early AM run with the hubby before he departs...I have some BBQ invites but will probably not go without my man.  I am still bald and not liking it, don't feel like meeting new people and explaing this crap to them.  I will stay home with the dog and cat and keep them from freaking out from the fireworks!

Have a great day everyone!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2012

So glad for your good news, Cheryl!

I'm going to see my PS today, a little soon for my next checkup... but I experienced a weird sensation in my implant on Sunday during my long run, and when I called the office to ask, they said to come in just to check it out. About an hour into the run, it was as if the material got sloshy and oddly congealed, reacting to the heat maybe? Everything was back to normal afterward, but still, it's quite a disturbing feeling, having the texture change like that internally. I remember this happening on my long hot runs last summer too. It's a different implant now, but still.... let's hope this is just my new normal for running long in the heat and not a defect of the implant or anything.

• nibbana
    edited July 2012

Expanding my workouts to include abs. I have a goal to lose 30 pounds off of my waist.

I find I have to get up earlier and earlier to exercise, pretty soon I'll be up at 3:00 am to fit everything in!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Ick, Esther, I hope they can figure out what is going on. 'Sloshy' does not sound like much fun!

I got up early too to try to beat the heat. Walked for an hour & did 45 minutes of various toning activities. It is suppose to be a few degrees cooler tomorrow, and I sure hope the weatherman is right. We will be hosting our annual backyard 4th of July picnic, so will have a bunch of people over. The yard is very shady, but it still won't be very comfortable if the heat index is 95!

I am off to buy the rest of the groceries & then do a surface cleaning of the house. Stay cool girls!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

Great news, CHeryl!  Hope the sloshiness was just from the heat, orangemat. Dialling down sounds like a good strategy, Nancy.  I bet your immune system will still benefit a lot.

Did Zumba and a lot of biking around town (to get to and from home to the infusion center for my dose of Zometa). 

Happy 4th of July everyone!

• orangemat
    edited July 2012

Can I vent a little? I posted this in Whippetmom's thread about breast implant sizing since kayb (a runner, don't think she's posted here) had presented my question to her already.

Saw my PS today and boy did he try hard to make me feel stupid for my questions! But I showed him, hah!! ;) 

Turns out it's when the muscles get soft and pliable and swell a bit from all the heat and movement of running, I can feel the implant moving around under them, and that's what I experience as the sloshiness. And the cut and dry of it is, if I weren't so keenly aware of all these subtle goings-on in my body, I wouldn't be troubled by them. So sue me for being in tune with my body... But is it really that hard for a woman who's had this procedure to get a list of what the "new normal" in sensations is going to be? And especially a runner?? Sheesh....

Sorry for the vent. I figured this crowd might be tolerant of it more than most. Thanks.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2012

Nancy  Sorry to hear of progression - hope that new chemo kicks it to the curb.    

orangemat    Geez - you would think that the PS would have clued you in on a strange sensation like that.  Saw my PS today - he's a great doc and I have no complaints.  But they are so much more into the aesthetics of their surgeries, not so much on the practicalities or how we feel afterwards.  

Great news, Cheryl    

Shop & sculpt today - exhausted from spending the day at the mall with DD.   May get out for a brief run this evening, if energy comes back.

Happy July 4th! 

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Vent away!!! I think that most surgeons like their patients best when they are unconscious! Many of them don't does as well when they are awake and asking questions.

I have very sad cat news. Our missing kitty is dead, and in such a bizarre, freak accident way that I don't even want to post it. Lots of tears around here. DH found her on his doorstep at work when she was a 1 pound stray kitten so felt like her rescuer.  I always thought of her as my 'life goes on' reminder, as she joined the family shortly after I had finished my last treatment. She was also the only pet that DS ever got to name. Cry

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Oh no, Ruth, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you a giant hug!

• orangemat
    edited July 2012

So sorry about your kitty, Ruth....

Nancy, I must've missed your post the other days.... here's good thoughts your way...

Oh, but I've got some good news to share too: my GF and I finally booked our flights this morning for our week at trail running camp in Colorado! So excited!! 

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Esther- vent away! With all the upper body work I do in yoga, I have had several feelings with my implants that just weren't quite right.... and after several trips to the PS and a few ultrasounds, I am told that it is the reason is that I am building alot of muscle and it is conforming around the implants. Ok, I get that, but it is still scary! Like we are supposed to know what these foreign bodies feel like! Totally get it.

Badger- thanks for the heads up on the free dvd!

I was supposed to do "Sprawl and Brawl" in the Tapout XT, howver, my legs hurt so much from plyo on Sunday I could not do it. Went to hot yoga..... so happy I did. My soreness has lessened so much and I feel so much better.

Hope all have a great 4th!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2012

Ruth - I'm so sorry about your furkid.  I was hoping so much for a happy ending.  Gentle hugs to you and your family. 

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Ruth- (((((hugs))))). So sorry.

• nibbana
    edited July 2012

My condolences to you ruth.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2012
    ruth   So sorry about kitty.  Frown
  • hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

Oh Ruth I am so so sorry, I know how broken hearted you are feeling (((HUG))).

Orangemat we are atuned to the workings of our bodies and when something strange happens we need our questions answered.  Misswim I love the title Sprawl and Brawl please let us know what it entails cause it sounds fun to me.  Did a Body Step class tonight, we had a young man come in for his first class probably 18 to 20, had to leave 3/4's of the way through he was covered in sweat and said he'll come back but I don't believe himSealed

Happy 4th everyone.

• misswim
    edited July 2012

This sweet post was over on the Stage III board, but could not resist sharing. I have followed Mary since I was diagnosed and joined BCO. She's totally amazing and a shining example of the benefits of exercise after a BC diagnosis.

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/67/topic/789776?page=1#post_3097806

• chemoangel
    chemoangel Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012

I try to get in as much walking as I can, without "Walking like a duck", due to my incurable disease, which makes working out below the waist almost impossible. But I try. I especially love to walk along the beach with my husband, and sister, who dutifully  bends to pick up seashells for me. :) I also play with my wii, using my upper body which is somewhat satisfying. 

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

What a great article misswim!

Right now walking is all I can do now but it always makes me feel better!

Chemoangel- I am from CT as well. Northeast CT. Welcome!

I am headed to Newport for a couple of days; I am sure I will get in lots of walking there!

Ruth- I am thinking of you.

Happy 4th of July!