Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited June 2012

I do feel rather beat up today and will probably just do some stretching. Right now I have to sit down and do a project that will take many hours....I have been procrastinating and HAVE to get going on it today......blah!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2012

Ruth - I bet the police will work hard to get the twerp - hit and run is pretty bad. So glad you are OK.  I bet you are sore - when you're at a stopping point with your project today, how about a hot bath and a cold glass of white wine to help ease the aches?  Cool  Orange - congrats on PT Graduation Day!  NWArt - great news on the hike!!  What a difference 6 months can make.  Joy - hope the B12 shots give you a "shot in the arm" (so to speak) and boost that energy. 

2 mile run this morning - got it in ahead of the thermometer hitting 80 again.  Highs predicted for 100 today - yuk!!

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2012

Ruth- Whew and twerp is right.

I'm out of commission due to a pain in the ass!  (c:  My right donor site was tweaking and I still did my C25K.  Duh.  Listen to the bod.  Anyway, I'm staying quiet until it get's better.  But I'll be back!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited June 2012

Hi everyone, just checking in. Too hot to do anything, even to go to pool

Waitng for the 4th of July Zumba party with Latin professional dancer. Can't wait.

The Voices made me post. 

Hugs to all

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012
    Didn't do any exercises today...will double up tomorrow. Just watched the news and it sounds like the weather is wretched all over the country. Make sure to work out carefully and drink, drink, drink (water, of course Wink). I'm going to the musical 'Annie' tonight. The summer theater kids at the high school are putting it on. I will know quite a few of the actors and they generally put on a great show, so it will be fun. Worked on my project all day with limited results.....why do I volunteer for things that I know will be a pain in the you know where?!
  • TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2012

Coming through the fog of chemo#7!  Went to the beach today to SUP (stand up paddleboard) - paddled ~90 min super easy!  Tons of jumping fishes and gorgeous weather here in SoCal - wish I could send it to all of you in the HEAT!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2012
    We have extreme heat here in Toronto as well. Ruth I hope your ok after your accident.Any luck with your Kitty?Will try and get some exercise in inspite of the heat.Tongue out
  • ronqt1
    edited June 2012

Ruth, I did not see your post earlier, hope your nerves and you are ok after accident. Still wishing your kitty comes back.

You go the things you do b/c you are special, special to us gals here and home.

I think the Voices will forgive us if we "skip" a day.....

Hugs

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2012

Forgive me Voices, for also skipping a day - that's allowed every once in awhile, right?  Foot in mouth   

TriChick  Closing my eyes, imagining cool waves on a paddle board in Cali - awesome!!

ruth  Hope that you're feeling okay.  

Hugs ~ 

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

No kitty. Very sad.

I am OK. Slightly sprained wrist, little sore in the neck etc.

I want to be on paddle board in the cool waves too!

I imagine The Voices will force all of us who took the day off back in action tomorrow!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2012

You are right,Ruth, I am heading out for a walk now.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

Me too!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

yes The Voices say take care of yourself, if it's getting exercise or rest.  It's all good!

Got out and walked this morning while it was still cool.  Got a haircut, did errands and grocery shopping, now for a well-deserved siesta!

• TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2012
    Well, I rode 42 miles today...maybe not the brightest idea 4 days after treatment?  Surprised  I will know for sure tomorrow.  Tired and hungry now...watching Le Tour de France!   Keep cool and have a great weekend!
  • misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

Tapout XT Cross Core Training 60 mins and 20 mins abs. Got my butt wooped. Loving this program!!

Trichick, you are a maniac..... go girl!

Ruth, i am so glad you are ok.

Esther, congrats on being done with pt!

The hubs and I went out for a light meal, than each had a beer and split a piece of choc cake for dessert. i earned it today. cardio XT on Sunday.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Quick check in. Walked for an hour and 30 minutes toning with Denise Austin.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2012
    Looks like we are all hearing THE VOICES  scarey and funnyLaughing
  • misswim
    edited July 2012

60 minutes Tapout XT Plyo. Seriously, this program is harder than P90X, which I did once before. I had to stop about 3 times during the worout because I felt like I was going to vomit. But, now that I am done, my legs are quivering and my endorphins are racing..... I feel great!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

40K with a rented mountain bike on Saturday. Today walked/ran 3K and played some beach volleyball.

• LuvLulu07
    edited July 2012

misswim   DD watched the promo video of Tapout XT and said "Mom - we need to get that!"  Foot in mouth   How often do you do the workout - is it too much for every day?  

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2012

13 mile run today, the official start of my marathon training. Ran some major hills with a woman from my running club, an experienced ultramarathoner. Was good to finally find someone whose pace matched mine.

Good job everyone! :) 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

hi ladies, walked this morning before it got hot, then did some mall walking.  Do I get extra credit for making DH come with me and buy a couple new shirts?

Going to do a firecracker 5K walk/run on July 4.  The race starts maybe a mile from my house and is on my regular walking route.  No advance sign up, just show up at 7:30 a.m. with ten bucks.  The first 100 people get a free t-shirt.  Fun!

Later this week, we're headed up to Green Bay to visit family.  I'd like to take a day trip to Door County and ride the ferry to Washington Island and hike around a bit.  http://washingtonisland-wi.com/

Sending happy thoughts and ((hugs)) to you all.  Have a great week ahead!

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

I need to join this thread. I just had a bilateral mastectomy, no rads or chemo. I've spent most of my cancer treatment in physical therapy getting ripped. I'm getting some good form, my chest doesn't look so concave and weak. 

Now, I look forward to my workouts. I can lift weights, do sit ups, use my foam roller and I don't have to think of side effects, doctors, hormones, ect. It's very therapeutic.

My goal is to do perfect, standard push ups by late July.  

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Hi Joy- It is ALOT for everyday. But it is meant to be a 90 day program to shock your body into shape, and then there is maintainance. The workouts are anywhere from 45-60 mins long and you WORK, I mean sweat before the warm up is even over and does not stop until the end, though there are water breaks. I am on day 5, I have dropped a pound, my muscles are all sore, all the time...... but I put on my bikini today for the first time in two years, and boy did it feel good!

My embarrasing moment was when an acquaintance who did not know I had been sick and has not seen me since I lost so much weight came up to me and said "Oh my, someone got a breast reduction!!!" To which I smiled and said "something like that." She kept on me......"how did you lose weight?" "What made you cut off your long hair?" and finally....."What possesed you to get THE reduction??" I was so flabberghasted at this point that I finally answered...."The 2 cm cancerous tumor made me do it....all of it!" She was horrified, I was relieved to get it out, and after an awkward moment she actually came over and talked to me about my experience, as she has a friend going through it now, and I offered to speak to that friend and be a support. So something good came out of the silliy conversation after all!

• LuvLulu07
    edited July 2012

Tapout XT DVD's on their way - DD convinced me to order them and is very excited.  I'm scared!!

misswim  Your acquaintance got what she deserved with your honest response.  Glad that all turned out well and you can pay it forward to a friend.  

welcome nibbana    I too had a bilateral mastectomy almost 8 months ago, with 4 nodes removed.  Your push-ups will feel different - give yourself time and be aware of lymphedema issues.  I worked very slowly with upper body at first, and learned to recognize and manage mild lymphedema.  Lots of good info on the LE threads here, if needed.  Keep us posted!  

Good walk/run with DD late this afternoon; the sun was going down and it was actually quite pleasant outside.  Smile   

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited July 2012

Hey gals,

I've been away for a while, life has been a bit crazy to say the least.  I am totally behind on all your threads, but look forward to reading up and being inspired by all of your wonderful achievements.

I had progression in my liver and bones (that's been 4 progressions now in the past 9 months, but I'm putting my head straight into the sand and pretending it is nothing).  I just started a new chemo and will need to dial down my expectations around how much I can exercise.  I've decided walking will be my new best friend (I soooo wanted to get back into running, but that's not gonna' work).  

I had a delightful walk with a friend today around a local lake, nearly 3 miles. Hoping to keep it up.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Welcome, nibbana, we will 'pump you up'! Cool 

Argh, misswim, people say the most amazingly stupid things....the most shockingly stupid one I remember was said by an acquaintance who knew I had done chemo etc. but hadn't seen me since I had ditched the wig and was 'wearing' my real hair. She rushed up to me at a store and gushed over how cute my hair was, and said, "Your hair is so darling, why people would just die for that curl!" I just stood there with my mouth wide open, but what I really wanted to say, "No sh*t?!!!!" So I'm afraid that nothing edifying came out that exchange!

Did 30 minutes of Abs, Arms and Buns of Steel this morning, have been super busy all day, but after posting this I will be forced to go down and do 30 minutes of something else, maybe pilates.

Edited because I missed Nancy's post. Sorry to hear your news. Hope your new chemo is the answer. One of my local stage IV friends felt rotten and was having problems all winter but has changed treatments is feeling so good that she is off on a vacation to the Great Smokey Mountains this week. So things can turn around.  Glad you are keeping up with walking.

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Nancyh, good for you. Doing what you can and knowing those limits is important. I am really sorry to hear of your progression and hope that your new chemo is gentle and effective. I also saw on another thread that you got a promotion. Good for you!

• ronqt1
    edited July 2012

Yesterday I decided to leave the pool, couldn't stand the hot weather and walked the Mall. Hoping tonight I get to my zumba class.

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012

I left the triple digit NC heat for the mid-90s in Minnesota! We are staying across the street from a park so I've tried to walk almost every day. The B12 definitely seems to have helped a LOT. I've also been keeping up with my PT, although I've been lazy about morning yoga. Building up my arms carrying our granddaughter, though!

We're talking about heading up to Duluth for a couple of days...never thought I'd have to leave Minneapolis in search of cooler weather.