Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Swimming went well today; I am very pleased!

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Going to spend the day in the mountains. Hope to get in lots of miles and elevation gain too.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012

Walked with my fast friend and did hills. Cry (not tears....sweat)

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

20 minutes of yoga on the Wii with DD. Could not do the cobra pose. The candle pose was tough too. Then 20 minutes of running and 10 minutes walking. I was struggling, so gave myself a pass for having had my Zometa infusion just this week. Next week will try to go for 30 minutes again. The good news is that the Wii Fit program says my fitness age is 20 years younger than my real age. My daughter was really impressed.   

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012
    I am really impressed too! Cool
  • nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Hiked all day at beautiful Mt Rainier. This was very therapeautic for me. Nothing like my mountain to get me out of a pity party.  

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

hi ladies, got back into town last night.  Nice visit with family, ate well and drank good wine.  They live right off a very pretty section of the Fox River State Recreational Trail so I got out early and walked 5 miles each morning, before anyone was up.

Door County is gorgeous but was very crowded over the holiday weekend.  We did drive all the way to Gills Rock but didn't take the ferry to Washington Island.  Stopped in Penninsula State Park and hiked around there.  I'd like to go back in the fall, it would be spectacular.

Got out and walked for an hour early this morning. 

Ruth, sorry about your friend.  ((hugs)) to all

• ginger48
    edited July 2012

Cleaned up and rearranged the basement yesterday and now I can use the elliptical more easily. Did that this m

• ginger48
    edited July 2012

Cleaned up and rearranged the basement yesterday and now I can use the elliptical more easily. Did that this morning and then swam a bit at the lake this afternoon.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

45 minutes of toning with Denise Austin

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2012

Ruth- so sorry about your kitty...I lost my cat the day before BC surgery and was out of my mind....I also had a cat before her who got lost after we moved from the country to a town...he showed up two weeks later...looking worse for wear but he found his way back. Sending positive thoughts your way.

wonderland- yep...still moving as much as possible. Dragonboat racing this weekend in Windosr, across from Detroit! I will have big pockets for anyone who wants to hop in and joni me! Paddling tomorrow and maybe dancing at the jazz fes. Tuesday to a great band!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012
    Yesterday I walked three malls, trying to find the "perfect" birthday gift for a friend and this morning I did a Body Step class, then totally negated it all at said friends birthday bash this afternoonSurprised
  • ruthbru
    edited July 2012

What was the perfect present?

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012
    Yoga pants from Soma (she's tall and long pants are like capris on her) but the ones from Soma fit perfectly, a set of different hand creams from Crabtree & Evelyn, 2 packets of Australian cookies that she loves (Tim Tams) and then at 11pm last night I baked Mexican Wedding Cookies which are her weakness, mine too but it was midnight when I was rolling them in powdered sugar and I didn't eat a one, now I'm not going to deny that this morning when I was packing them up I didn't eat a couple of themTongue out
  • ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Sounds very nice.....and one must eat a few for 'quality control'!

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012
    ahhh yes "quality control" that's a good oneWink
  • fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited July 2012

Hey All!  Great to hear that everyone is keeping up with movement!!

Ruth - Sorry about your cat (they really do become one of the family!), and your friend - luckily you had others to help you go through all the accumulated treasures! 

Mary - Hope you are feeling better and are able to get something done with that lump!  On one of our walks a few weeks ago, I was surprised by how many bunnies we saw..... of course, I thought of You!!!

Welcome to any new people!!  This is a great thread that just make you want to check in to keep motivated!

Heidihill - Love my Wii fit also, but absolutely can not get into the yoga stuff - I just don't think that Yoga is for me!

Love to hear how everyone is keeping busy with excercise!  Walking, Running, DVD's, Paddling, Gyms and classes!  I have been sticking with my morning walks (which were quite brutal the last 2 weeks because of the heat and humidity!), keeping my garden hoed (which is like hoeing cement!), and my pool excercises whenever I can fit it in!  I was very happy with the 19 1/2 miles I walked in our Relay for Life in June - luckily it was before the humidity came in!

Life has become very busy since June - Birthdays, Baptism, Exams & Graduations - My daughter is off to College this Fall and is quite nervous about it!! I have not logged in at all in about 2 weeks and really need to catch up on alot of threads, but of course came to this thread first to catch up and stay motivated! 

I think of you all very often - especially when I don't want to excercise....... and once again, even though you don't know it, you motivate me to do something!!  Actually put the "sisterhood" shirt on again this morning and feel that I might be able to be seen publicly in it soon!!  Hahahahaha

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Hi Mary Louise! Sounds like you are having a good, fun summer. This is the first place I check too. Cool

A beautiful day here; took a long walk .....saw no bunnies.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

Took a day off yesterday after a two hour hot yoga intensive on Saturday. Spent Sunday out on my in-laws boay in the Fishers Island sound. Beautiful day. This morning, Tapout Core Competition (ouch) and a very hip opening Anusara yoga class this evening :)

Mary Louise, good to see you! Walking is fantastic exercise :)

Ruth, I just read your post about your friend. I am so sorry and what a good person you are.

Cheryl, Mexican Wedding cookies are my favorite! My birthday is 8/7- send some to Vermont !! (Just kidding!)

Ladies, has anyone heard from Patoo? I miss our sisters when they don't check in. Hoping she is just busy with life.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

I talked to patoo via e-mail a couple weeks ago. She is taking a break from the boards. I also hope that she will check in again soon. We will have to send 'The Voices' her way!

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

Great to see you Mary Louise, glad you're keeping up with the walking and I know you love your pool in the summer, it's been brutal for you guys lately.  How far is your DD going for her college, is it close enough that she can have a quick trip home if she needs it?  Misswim I would gladly make you cookies, I have to say at Christmas I make probably 500 of them, night after night I bakeWink.

Tonight I did half a Body Attack class and then an hour of spin, our crazy spin instructor must have eaten carbs all weekend as it was a killer class but I love the crazy!!!

Edited to add:  Misswim, yes Patoo is taking a break from the computer for a while, I miss her too ):

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2012

OK, this lack of motivation has gotten bad.  I blamed the horrible heat, but it broke Sunday night, and I still didn't exercise yesterday morning.  So this morning I slapped on the Sculpted Sisterhood t-shirt for inspiration, and actually got out for a run - first time in ages!  It felt wonderful.  I could hear The Voices encouraging me, especially on those hills.  Thanks so much to all of the wonderful ladies here - you are truly inspirational.  I only saw one bunny, but did see a pileated woodpecker. 

We're having our annual summer cookout at the cabin this coming weekend, so we've been spending the last few weekends furiously working to get everything ready.  Nothing like the prospect of company coming to get you to finish those pesky little jobs around the house!  We have a theme every year - past year's themes have included Baseball  (of course), Christmas in July (we dragged out all the Christmas decorations), Bastille Day, Irish Heritage, and one of my favorites - Pirates!  This year's theme is "Mardi Gras in July" - we bought a bunch of cheap stuff online from Oriental Trading (LOVE that place) so we have beads and decorations galore.  We'll have all kinds of New Orleans type food and we even figured out a way to make a hurricane that's good on taste, but light on alcohol - we're calling them Category I Hurricanes.  Cool  There's a chance of showers Saturday - keep your fingers crossed that they stay away!!  This is the same theme we planned for last year, except 2 weeks before the party a large part of a tree fell on the cabin, punching a couple of nice holes in the roof and leaving debris all over - we had to cancel last year, so I'm looking forward to finally having our Mardi Gras party!

The lump is still there but seems to be decreasing a bit, so maybe abscessing cleaned out whatever was the issue.  If it's not pretty much gone by next week, I'll call my PCP.  Off to the dermatologist for my annual checkup this morning.  When did I get so many different doctors???  Tongue out

I miss Patoo too - hopefully she'll check in soon, but I also understand the need to take a break from the boards now and then.  

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Your party sounds so fun. A number of years ago (pre-Katrina), I went to New Orleans for a conference with three other ladies and we had so much fun (even though we did actually go to the conference), that every spring we would have a New Orleans party and each make a favorite New Orleans dish; including Hurricanes and Bananas Foster. Yum! We only quit when two of the gals moved away. 

Off to walk.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012
    Walked for an hour this morning. 30 minutes Arms, Abs and Buns of Steel this afternoon. Book Club tonight (which will negate the exercise, I am sure). 
  • Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2012

Natsfan - sounds like you have had a heck of a month!!! hope you are feeling better and that the lump disappears!

Ruth- you are busy busy as always..an inspiration!

I went paddling last night in preparation of the races this coming weekend and will be going again on Thursday...other than running up and down the halls at school all day long...that is it. Keep trying to walk to school bu tdentist , dr. and various other appointments keep interfering with that plan...maybe after this weekend I will have more time

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2012

Good evening all! 

It's been very hot here (and many other locations) that the Voices have only been whispers. Those whispers have been telling me to mainly watch what I eat and that exercise will come later when it gets cooler. I have only done normal daily walking, nothing extra.

Hard news was given to me today: the job that I've had for 22 years is being terminated July 31. It not only affects me but about 250 others that I see. To tell you the truth, I'm heartbroken. I LOVE my job. I called my dh crying from work. He gasped and said, "We will be okay. Come on home." He and my dd met me in the driveway for lots of hugs. So I've been drinking wine tonight to drown in my sorrow and in preparation for the Big Meeting tomorrow. Bottom line: many others are losing their job at my employment and other locations across the nation. AND IT MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH. 

My family and I will be okay. 

• ginger48
    edited July 2012

Wonderland- so sorry to read about your job; that really stinks. Sending you hugs!

Today I swam and rode my bike. Just got up to 6 miles on my bike but improving each time.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2012

Thank-you Ginger!

It's still hard to accept but accept it I must. Kinda like when we were told we had bc. Being diagnosed with bc has helped me to accept the bad things and face them head on. Just hoping I can keep my Big Girl Panties on tomorrow when I'm officially told during a meeting. The last thing I want to do is start crying! DD has told me to go in there with my Balls on. :) 

Thanks for listening and being there for me. 

• ginger48
    edited July 2012

I am a cryer so that would be pretty hard for me. I don't think I have any balls lol. Hang in there and hopefully there is something better in your future.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Oh Wonderland, I am so sorry!