Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2010

Sandbagging sounds like fun until you have to actually do it, it's darned hard work for us old ladies, sandwich making is much better, cookie sampler is even betterSurprised  Oh I think I might get banned from the E-Lab thread they are really good girls, me I love food way too much!  I'm glad to hear you are up high, so fingers crossed that you won't flood.  Take care, I'm off to eat the other 5 cookies on your behalfLaughing.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2010

Ruth - hope the waters stay behind the dam and you and your town stay safe and dry. 

Mom- I was in one of those boots for 6 weeks once after tendon repair surgery - the weird thing was that when I got it off, I still wanted to walk with that rollling gait I'd developed.

Hooray for everyone's hard work.  I was a lazy bum on Sunday and did nothing, but yesterday I got back in the saddle (so to speak) and did 20 minutes on the elliptical before work and 30 minutes after.  And went to the colonoscopy doc yesterday - dh and I have our procedures scheduled for the 29th - we decided to do them at the same time so we could be miserable together.  Maybe I'll lose a few pounds with the cleansing process!  Tongue out

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited March 2010
    I had a colonoscopy a couple years ago and it was not bad a all. I FORCED my DH to have one this winter, and the prep was even easier, even he had to admit that it was no big deal at all Smile. Off to the lunchroom; it's my turn to try to keep several hundred 13 year olds under control until they are released to 'learn stuff' for the day Surprised! See ya all tonight. Ruth
  • bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2010

I want Eduardo to feel my bicep!!

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2010

Ruth...I had a beer and calzone in you honor!!!

Plan on walking in boot again today and gym tonight for upper body and abs. 10th wedding anniversary is on 29th and I'd like to feel sort of in shape Wink

HAPPY ALMOST SPRING GIRLS! 

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010
    Oh Bobcat I think your SO has been out of town a few days too longWink   How is your tummy feeling is the soreness going away?  Mom you are going to have "abs of steel", and Nats is right when the boot comes off you will feel really strange as your body will adjust to your new walking gait.  Ruth it is true that youth is wasted on the young.  Well this morning I was awake at 4am  and I was laying there and my bed started moving and shaking and I was uh oh "earthquake" got up and the pool was sloshing but I was the only one up, sometimes I sleep soundly then I'll have a run of wake up at 2am and stay awake for a couple of hours and then go back to sleep anyway turned on the telly and yes it was a 4.4 quake miles from us but I sure felt it.  Have a great day everyone.
  • NatsFan
    edited March 2010

HB - we had an earthquake once when I was out at the in-laws in La Habra.  As I jokingly said to my dh at the time, "In-laws and earthquakes in the same trip! That's just too much for one person to bear!"  It was only a 5 something centered up at Big Bear, but it was still way too big for this East Coaster!

Glad you were OK.  When we moved into our house here in Maryland several years ago, my in-laws came out and were helping us unpack.  I asked my FIL to put some delicate crystal vases on the very top shelf of my china closet. He looks at me and say, OK - but where's your quake putty?  It took quite a bit of convincing to get him to put those vases up there with no quake putty!  I still tease him that 16 years later, those vases are still up there and doing fine.

• etk02038
    etk02038 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010

Hello Ladies,

Just walked my 5 doggy friends today, no gym. Yesterday did 35 minutes bike and 25 minutes elliptcal. And the Sun has finally come back!  My mood is so much better when the sun is out. Also did some gardening, although everything is so soggy from all the rain we have gotten.

There have been a lot of earthquakes lately. 

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

Spring is in PA.  Ruth, I just saw ND on the national news - they only showed sandbaggers and not sandwich distributors.  Sounds like they let the school kids out to help - there's a remedy for those 13 year olds...  Cheryl - I saw the earthquake on the news this AM - see what insomnia did for you? You didn't miss it!!  SO arrived home late last night and crawled into bed - I think I called him Eduardo but he didn't mind.  He's leaving again in the am and then home on Friday.  I'm still trying to shake the surgery blues - who knew this would be the one to take me down.  Didn't walk today as planned but maybe tomorrow.  Rock on, Sculptresses!!

• reeltchr
    reeltchr Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2010

Ladies - Well. I did do some Pilates on the Ball today. I had to modify some of the exercises to accommodate the new girls, but it was fun and it just feels good to move the body. Walking is fine, I like to walk, but I also enjoy doing sculpting type exercises too. If you haven't already done it and get thhe opportunity, try the ball. It's really fun.Smile

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Eduardo does not know how much fun we are having with him Kiss! It was sunny, no wind and gorgeous here today (not for Jennie or Cheryl, as that means it was 40 degrees), so I zoomed home, put on the sweats and walked for 45 minutes (would have stayed out longer but I 'promised' the cats that I'd get home in time for them to go out for awhile too Tongue out). It felt so great to be outside! Finished off with a 30 minute Firm Sculpt DVD. Weird weather/earth events everywhere it seems. I'm not sure what will happen here with the flooding; we are on a different river than the one shown on the news; if we have problems they will come a little later; how bad it will be depends a lot on the weather. Chris, glad you are getting back into the swing of things. Bobbi, you are probably suffering from some 'Combat Fatigue'; I think the whole BC thing is at least as draining emotionally as it is physically, if not more so...... but I think we are fortunate to have other ladies who understand and can say, 'Yes, that sucks.....", or "Get Moving......", or "Yes, that sucks, get moving......."  because they have been there themselves.  I don't think people with other kinds of cancer have the same support that we do. Much love to you all! Ruth
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010

Hi all.  Did 60 min water aerobic class.  It wasn't the greatest workout but I'll still post it as exercise.  The "leader" who runs the class is 83 years old!!!!  Looks like she's only early 60's.  It's a 12-week free course at the Y for BC survivors so I'll try and continue to be supportive to the others ladies,  but my own workout or the classes at my gym are more strenuous.

Not sure how I'll fit anything in t'm but we'll see. 

HB, I peeked at the E-Lab thread and not ready to commit my bad eating habits yet.  Probably will have to soon because the scale is no longer going down!  But, I'm overdue for a colonoscopy so maybe I can use that cleansing stuff to lose some more.  (yeah, I know that was not the intent but hey, if it works...)

Nighty, night, my mighty Sculptresses.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

"Scope and Sculpt"?? Surprised

• patoo
    edited March 2010
    Laughing
  • hbcheryl
    edited March 2010
    Good evening my sculptress sisters tonight I did two classes Body Step and then Body Jam ohhhhh my poor sore feet but I did it and then hit the grocery store.  Oh Bobcat I wish I lived close by I would come over and sit and and hang with you and we could talk about Eduardo  Kiss oh and of course eat something naughty but I'm across the country so I'm going to send you a big big virtual (((HUG))).  Well today was another hot one here, it's bizarre they insist weather has nothing to do with earthquakes but it seems when it heats up after cold we get a quake,  my goddaughter and her friends all went to the beach after school and now they are flaked out on the living room floor watching a movie, well the DVD is playing and they are all snoring.  Patoo who would have thought of it - colonoscopy, the new weight loss program, we could start a black market in colonoscopy prep, it's my 60th birthday next week so I know next doctors visit I'm getting that gift as wellEmbarassed.  Nice to see you here Chris, how are you doing?  Nats I'm glad your vases are safe without the puttyLaughing I hope they have had some nice flowers in them over the years!!!  Ellen I'll bet your doggies enjoyed the walk in the sunshine as well.  Ruth I'm glad you got to go outside and walk today it really makes you feel good but don't forget to put on your sunscreen, I'm now putting 100 on my face every day, I know it's like closing the barn door after the horse is out as when I was growing up we put a t shirt on after we got sunburned and I'm fair skinned so I spent my childhood with a crusty red nose, no wonder I keep getting skin cancers on my nose - as I said barn door closedSurprised  Take care all, see you tomorrow.
  • NatsFan
    edited March 2010

Patoo - when's your colonoscopy?  Mine's on the 29th.  Are you doing pills or liquid to clear out?  We can be colonoscopy buddies! 

I did 30 minute Wii Yoga and Strength yesterday morning, the 15 minutes elliptical and 30 minute of weight/LE therapy after work. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!!

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2010

What do you call an Irish lady sitting in her backyard?

***Patty O' Furniture***

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY! 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2010

LOL, good one MOM!

Today I have decided to get my bicycle out and ready to go!  I have been walking faithfully and even had a date with RS on Monday, but the scale does not seem to want to go down.  Mind you, I have not been eating very well either (maybe too well!) Embarassed Maybe I will need to change up the excercising a bit (as well as watch what I am putting in my mouth!).  The weather has been great this week, and my kids are on spring break, so maybe tomorrow, a bike ride is in order!!  I have been working in the yard this week, but really everything is still too wet yet!  Hope everyone is doing well and we can say good bye to winter!!

• etk02038
    edited March 2010

I should get my  bike out too. Maybe my 9 year old son would ride with me. He is such a couch potato! I had a lot of dogs to walk so that's pretty much all I did. I did jog with one though so got the heart pumping. Also did yard work...it was so beautiful today!  I have Spring fever.

• bobcat
    edited March 2010
    mom of 2 - very funny!!  I also like the idea of colonoscopy prep as a weight loss cleanse!!  I am exercising through all of you this week and next.  Tomorrow having an ultrasound on that painful thigh to rule out DVT.  I'm optimistic!!  Have good thoughts and everyone do 30 minutes for me please!!!  Kiss
  • bobcat
    edited March 2010

Oh and I think I'll dream of Eduardo tonight just to relax.

• kathylev
    kathylev Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2010

I don't know who Eduardo is, but I think I like him. 

Good luck tomorrow, Bobcat.

45 min. on the elliptical tonight.

Kathy

• patoo
    edited March 2010

HB, one of those classes you have to give to me because I did nothing today.  My eating has also been out of control.  I think I'm on a down spiral - unfortunately not on my weight.  I'm recommiting to get back on track tomorrow including upping my workouts. 

Bobcat, good luck.  Keep us posted.

Mom - that's a funny!

Nats - I'm a big procrastinator and haven't made the appt with my PCP yet.  I hadn't heard of the pill, only the liquid.

Night all.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Can I come over; hang out, eat naughty food and discuss Eduardo too? Sounds very fun! Cheryl when is your birthday? We will have to have a virtual party for you!!! I don't think you can get a sunburn when it is 4:30pm and 40 degrees out Frown, but I do try to be pretty good about sunscreen when there is a possibility to burn (although it is way too late for me too, when I was young we used to put baby oil on and then lay out on TIN FOIL; very, very bad!!!) It was still nice today (it is suppose to get cold again starting tomorrow, which is actually better for the flood fighting as it will slow the snow melt). I zipped out for a 45 minute walk and then did 20 minutes of a Firm Abs DVD. Let us know about the thigh, Bobbi. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have a quilt that my Irish great-great grandmother made for my mom when she was a baby. She had lived in Indiana as a girl and when she was 12 years old she and her dad walked 50 miles into Illinois and heard Abraham Lincoln speak!! She lived to be 102. My mom was born on her birthday and was named after her, Kathryn.
  • hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Good evening everyone - well let the tongues hang out girls, I spent an hour with Eduardo tonight (Kathy he is my Body Combat instructor - Brazilian, there is no need to say more). 

Don't beat yourself up Patoo we all have downslides you'll get back into the swing of things, the pills for the colonoscopy is called a doctors prep, my pcp doctor told me years ago when I made the appointment to ask for a doctors prep sneaky buggers keep it to themselves. 

Bobcat I hope you are feeling better and getting stronger with each day, good luck with the ultrasound and keep us posted, did you get your MRI results yet?  .

Yes Ruth you are welcome to come to the Eduardo party - it's monday at 5 and wednesday at 6, it's one hour  and be prepared to sweatWink  my birthday is the 24th my Body Combat night but my friends have told me I can't go to the gym that night as there is a dinner for me (and hopefully cake).  What a wonderful family story and how lucky you are to have that quilt.  Have you ever read any of the Jennifer Chiaverini books, they are set in Pennsylvania  and are about the Elm Creek quilters.

Even though it's almost over Happy St Patrick's day. 

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2010

Hi ladies. I have been away from the computer the last couple of days so will post all now. 

Tuesday, 2 x 30 min stat bike

Wednesday 30 min curves and 30 min stat bike.

Today an hour at yoga.

Starting next week, I will be attending a physio based exercise program at the hospital.  It runs 3 days a week for 1 hour.  Hopefully this will increase my levels for cardio type exercises.  I tried a dvd the other day and lasted about 5 minutes, so need lots of improvement.

A fairly emotional week as it has now been 1 year since diagnosis,

Take care everyone

Jennie

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Hi Jennie, I was wondering where you were it's only the 18th here but the 19th there so today is your one year I know what you mean about the emotions I'll bet in your head you're going "this time last year". 

The class sounds good you'll be surprised how much you'll gain from it, I tell you I just used to sit on the bike and watch Body Combat thinking because of all the punching with the arms I couldn't do it so I spoke with the instructor and he said just take it easy so I tried it and it has given me cardio endurance and it has turned out to be one of my favourite classes, so hopefully this class will help you push forward.

Take care.

Cheryl

• NatsFan
    edited March 2010

Jennie - Happy One Year Cancerversary!!  I think that calls for your favorite bubbly adult beverage!  Laughing

Ruth - Cool story about your GGM, the quilt, and Lincoln. The day we went to the American History Museum in DC we spent a lot of time in the Lincoln exhibit - makes you really appreciate him.

Patoo - definitely ask about getting the pills for the colonoscopy. I used the pills for my first one 4 years ago and although it wasn't pleasant, it seemed that I had a much better time than my friends who have used the liquids because at least I didn't have to down all that horrible tasting stuff - you can take the pills with ginger ale or similar clear fluid.   Funny, HB, about the "doctors prep" angle on those pills.  

Yesterday I did 20 minutes Pilates in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening.

• etk02038
    edited March 2010

I'll have to remember about the doctors prep...I haven't had one yet but my PC said I should have my first in the fall. Oh Joy!

We went from Winter to Summer here. It almost hit 70 today. Jogged 3.5 miles outside. I am very tired and looking forward to my bed.

Jennie-Happy Cancerversary.

• NatsFan
    edited March 2010

Did my 20 minutes elliptical this morning, and it was such a beautiful evening that dh and I just took a 50 minute walk. Soooo nice not to have huge mounds of snow all over the place!