Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2012

hi ladies and welcome oceanbreezes.  Baby steps are great!

We ended up not hiking today because of rain so postponed to next weekend. 

Heard The Voices so got out and walked a brisk 4 km = 2.5 mi before we took in a matinee of the Bourne Legacy.  Pretty good movie, interesting concept, not gonna say more though. Sealed

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2012

Went swimming after my 50 mile Tour de Peaks.  Man, was it hot!!!  Big news is that I didn't have to walk the big hill up to Snoqualmie Falls....first time making it up all the way on my bicycle.  I did walk a couple of hills, one little short one, and another one near the end when I just got overheated and needed to cool down.

A nice half hour swim in Lake Washington on the way back put everything right.

Ready for the big one next weekend.

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited August 2012

Glad you had a good ride Claire, yeah, it is pretty hot out there!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited August 2012

Was able to go to the park and walk/run tonight. Not too hot: 75 degrees but still humid. Loved it, though!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2012

I have been offline for several days due to a pretty hectic schedule but I did a local 5 mile cancer walk yesterday morning and then attended my 31st high school reunion last night. What a blast!

Misswim- Take it easy recovering from the ooph; it takes a while to fully get your strength back.DH and I are heading to watch hill to the beach tomorrow. It is so beautiful there!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited August 2012

We are here all week Ginger! We should meet up for an ice cream (fat free of course!!!)

• claire_in_seattle
    edited August 2012

Fat free ice cream is a waste of time!  I am off tomorrow to get my FREE Whidbey Island Vanilla Bean.  I could have used it today, but didn't run into anything worth eating.

I also have a coupon for Molly Moon's which I will share with a friend.  Talk about an incentive to walk up Queen Anne Hill!

Off to bed, as finally getting cooler, am well fed, and tired from all the sun and exercise.

Major work in the AM. - Claire

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2012

Woohoo - half hour run OUTSIDE this morning - first time it's been cool enough in weeks to do that.  A nice 65 degrees and low humidity - heavenly!

Joy - your trip sounds wonderful, hiking around the fjord and enjoying Scandanavia. I minored in Scandinavian languages in college - I had gotten pretty fluent in Danish, could get along in Swedish, and could actually read a bit of Norwegian.  I've never been to any of those lands - I hope someday to see Den Lille Havfrue in Copenhagen.  I did see a copy of the statue in St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands - a remnant of the time when they were Danish owned islands.   

Of course when I hear the word "fjord" I think of the Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch where the clerk insists that the parrot isn't dead, he's just depressed because he's "pining for the fjords." Any other Python people here? Cool

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited August 2012

Mary, hej fra lille Danmark! I am in Copenhagen visiting my mom. My grandpa, whom I miss, was a stately gentleman and lived very near Den Lille Havfrue.

I adore Monty Python as well as Fawlty Towers. That kind of British humor is quite similar to Danish humor. "Whatever you do, don't mention the WAR!"

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited August 2012

More beach walking and a nap.....starting to feel a little human:)

• wonderland
    edited August 2012

misswim: glad you're starting to feel better!

Momine: Have a fabulous visit with mother!

Mary: So cool that you minored in Scandinavian languages. Too funny about pining for the fjords! 

Walked/jogged at the park tonight. As I was leaving a woman in her 20's told my I was her inspiration. Wow, the power of words. Absolutely made my day!

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2012

15 min on treadmill; 30 min on elliptical; walked to and from the gym too.

Gotta do my stretching now.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited August 2012

paddled and moved boxes all day....legs are getting all wibbly since I am focusing on arms...balance balance!o

• badger
    edited August 2012

It been so nice here that I've been walking after work instead of before.  Love not getting up at 4 a.m.!  6 km = 3.73 mi yesterday.

Mary, I love Monty Python and have been known to pipe up with a "NI" from time to time. Wink

• oceanbreezes
    oceanbreezes Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2012

managed to bike 3 miles last night and complete my knee strengthening excerises...long day at work today...have a good day everyone!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited August 2012

Momine, I had a shot of my daughter with den lille Havfrue as my screensaver for years but now don't know what happened to it. It might have been a copy at the airport. LOL.

Did lots of hiking and biking while on holiday in the mountains. My upper body was a bit neglected so I am trying to get it back into shape. My 5k training also needs some attention. Lifted weights 30 minutes, walked/ran 30 minutes and biked 20 minutes yesterday. Tonight it's Zumba!

• NatsFan
    edited August 2012

Momine - Hvordan har du det?  I'm envious of you being in Copenhagen!  Say "Hej" to Den Lille Havfru for me!  I love Fawlty Towers too - don't worry, I won't mention the WAR!  Wink

Wonderland - how fun to be inspiring!  I bet you were walking on air the rest of the day.   Misswim - glad you're starting to feel more like you again.  The beach sounds like a perfect place to recover from surgery. Badger - we're not cool enough yet to walk after work, but hopefully you'll send some of that cool Wisconsin air this way!

20 minutes Pilates tape this morning.   

• heidihill
    edited August 2012

Just saw this. The Voices coming live at an app near you. Pretty cool.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/11/sports/11iht-athlete11.html?src=recg

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited August 2012

Day of hiking a fjord valley - it was a bit rainy so there was more muck than I would have liked but all in all a good day.   Tomorrow we check out a glacier, DS insists that we need to hike the crevices too, with a guide of course.  

Mary   You would love it here.  We are here because my family is of Norwegian heritage, this is my first visit to this beautiful country.   The only Norwegian words that I know are Merry Christmas, I love you and thank you for dinner!  

heidihill  Love the Voices app - need to up my speed a bit before putting the info out there!  Thanks for sharing! 

• claire_in_seattle
    edited August 2012

Wow.....hiking in a fjord valley sounds divine.  I am working, but did walk to the eggs benedict brunch and back.  Toulouse Petit has a "breakfast happy hour" menu, and a friend treated.  YUM!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited August 2012

Mary, wow! You really do know Danish. That is so cool. "Godt gået!" in current slang.

• nancyjac
    nancyjac Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2012

Overdid it a little bit yesterday and feeling a bit stiff and achy today.  Still went out for my morning walk this morning will walk again after dinner and/or do some strength training.  

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited August 2012

Went to school for the day and ran around in circles getting absolutely nothing accomplished (we 'offically' start Monday). Walked for an hour tonight. A nice, cooler week here, weatherwise.

• NatsFan
    edited August 2012

30 minute run today - outside again!  I'm loving being able to be outside and not on a treadmill inside.

• my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2012

NatsFan - right there with you in the outdoor run - got 5 in again today ... love this cooler weather! 

• heidihill
    edited August 2012

swam in the lake and biked to get there and back for a full hour of aerobic exercise.

Fjord valley hikes sound gorgeous, Joy. We were in the valley of the longest alpine glacier, the Aletsch, which would be similar I suppose but with ice instead of water.  

• badger
    edited August 2012

It's DH's poker night so I have the house all to myself!  Smile

Did an hour of yoga, now some supper and checking out BCO.

Between yesterday & today, I logged 10.5 km = 6.52 miles walked.

• Kay-in-NH
    Kay-in-NH Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2012

Hi all you exercise queens,  I'm new to the site, and just started radiation this week.  So far, no big deal, but waiting for the shoe to drop (i.e.. fatigue).  I've been a runner for many years, nothing serious, but a 3 to 5+ miler a few times a week when my work schedule allows.  I'm early stage, so after a big lumpectomy, I was spared chemo.  But now I'm facing 6 1/2 weeks of rad's.  Running during the first week was a breeze.  What can I expect, gals?

• badger
    edited August 2012

welcome Kay, I'm not a runner, and did chemo but not rads so no advice, just a (hug).

• wonderland
    edited August 2012

Good evening everyone.

Kay: Welcome! Congratulations on having your surgery behind you and good luck with radiation. I had chemo and rads. My rads were during June and July. I walked almost daily at the beginning of rads. Then the heat came and the fatigue caught up with me so I stopped. Just too tired and needed the rest. Your body will talk loudly to you. Listen to it. If you don't, it will make you sit down and rest anyway! 

I walked/ran this afternoon at the park. Had dinner with my old work friends. It was good/sad to see them b/c I really miss my work. I've put in 3 applications at other places and even heard back from 2 of them so far. It's not fun job hunting after you've been at the same place for 22 years! Undecided Exercise has really helped my stress level.