Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2012

Took a walk after supper last night, it had cooled down nicely.  Got in 3.74 km = 2.32 mi before it started to rain.  I don't mind a gentle rain, especially with that wonderful scent it brings, but when it starts to rumble thunder, I head home.  Looks like rain most of the day, line of storms coming up from KC, and that's OK as we are still very dry here.  So it's indoors exercise for me today.  Will do some yoga later this morning then maybe a bout of Shred & Sculpt, lots of documents in the to-be-shredded basket.  Have a great day ladies!

• oceanbreezes
    oceanbreezes Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2012

lucky enough to get in a 1 1/2 walk with friend this am before the wind and rain came in.  Forecast for Isaac has improved for us, just tropical storm winds and rain if it continues on the same path.  They have cancelled work and schools for tomorrow.  hope everyone has a good day!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited August 2012
    DS has made it home from Florida right ahead of Isaac and the Republicans (wouldn't that be a great name for a punk rock band?! Laughing)
  • whaevah
    whaevah Member Posts: 282
    edited August 2012

LOL Ruth, yes it would!

Struggling today to get moving, does back to school shopping count?  Tongue out

• ruthbru
    edited August 2012

if you walk for 15 minutes without stopping it counts

• whaevah
    edited August 2012

alrighty then, no excuses... logging off and hitting the pavement

never thought a thread could keep me in line and motivated Laughing

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone, my name is Jenny and I am joining your group cause I need Help!  I was diagnosed in Feb. with BC and I weighed 159, now, after chemo I am stuck at 180 and have lost all of my former strength.  Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday I walked on treadmill.  I am going to do that again today.  I would like to walk outside but we are dealing with West Nile Virus here in the DFW metroplex so I am staying inside for now.  Add to My Favorite Topics   I was training for my first 5k till I got diagnosed but that is okay, I am going to get back in shape again.  Thanks for listening to me.  

Post a Reply: Let's Post our Daily Exercise (in forum Fitness and Getting Back in Shape)

Note: Your reply will appear at the bottom of this topic, below the last post.

Bold (Ctrl+B)Italic (Ctrl+I)IndentOutdentUnordered listOrdered listPaste as Plain TextInsert/edit linkUnlinkInsert/edit imageEmotionsUndo (Ctrl+Z)Redo (Ctrl+Y)
  • ruthbru
    edited August 2012

Hi jenny, glad to have you join us. We will pump you up!!!! Cool

I did 30 minutes of Arms, Abs and Buns of Steel, then walked with a friend for 45 minutes (don't tell anyone, but we walked to the Dairy Queen and had mini blizzards......).

• stride
    stride Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2012

Does anyone know of a good yoga video for beginners? Did anyone here find yoga helpful for chemo fatigue?

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited August 2012

Worked out hard yesterday and now in incredible back/hip pain. Hoping it feels better before my onc appt in Weds. Scanxiety will set in , as if I am sti in pain, they will be ordered :(.

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148
    edited August 2012

Feeling under the weather today so will just take it easy and do the strip mall walk with the girls come sundown.

Ruthbru, i would probably be motivated daily if a dairy queen's nearby ☺

• Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152
    edited August 2012

Hi Jenny welcome - its great to see so many of us excercising, every little bit helps. I have to say I hate running, but I know it is a great way to excercise and get fit, so I persist. I have amazingly enough completed hald a marathon in my younger years and now I struggle to run 3km, so I know I can do it physically I just need to tell my head this is the case. It will get better / easier I am sure. Remember we are all here for you

• badger
    edited August 2012

hi ladies and welcome Jenny & survive2thrive.

Got in a walk after supper last night, once the rain cleared out.  Just 2.75 km = 1.1 mi but felt good to get outdoors after being cooped up inside all day.  Also did an hour of yoga when DH went to run an errand.  Got up too late to walk this morning but did get outside with my cup of coffee and see Orion the Hunter low in the eastern sky.  That means fall is coming here, spring for you Hils!

A good yoga video for beginners is Rodney Yee's AM/PM Yoga for Beginners. I just love it when he says, "Surrender to the Earth" during the warm-up relaxation!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2012

ruth, my ds is on a plane from tampa as we speak.  It looks like the storm was not so bad in that area - of course, my other son lives in New Orleans!  He's only lived there a little over a year, so this will be his first hurricane.

Got to the gym twice over the weekend for C25K and 4 strength machines.  Got a appt today with new BS (old one moved to California), so will see how that goes, then after that some mall walking and retail therapy!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2012

Nothing like a little retail therapy!!

Misswim, hope you are feeling better. If you feel hurt after an unusually hard workout, it almost certainly exercise related, not something else. I always give it the Two Week Rule. I don't worry about any ache or pain unless it has lasted two weeks without getting better. (Several years ago my town was in a flood warning & they needed volunteers to make sandbags. So, doing my civic duty, I went down and made sandbags for many hours (which is actually fun, the whole working together thing). The next day my 'bad' side hurt so much that I couldn't even breathe. I promised that if I could just get better without going to a doctor, that I would never make sandbags again. It did, and the next time they needed sandbaggers I went down and made sandwiches with the old ladies at the Salvation Army. Boo Hoo. I don't like restrictions, but I don't like pain either.)

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited August 2012

Thanks for the well-wishes! Finally went to the gym today. Only did 15 minutes each on 2 cardio machines, one for the lower body and one for the upper body.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited August 2012

Super gorgeous day today - hope this lasts.  

Did an hour of a pilates foam roller class.  

misswim  Hope that you're feeling better and don't need to go through scans.  

ruth  I like the Two Week Rule about aches and pains.     

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2012

Walked a few slow blocks last night with the hubby.  Otherwise spend most of the day napping.  It's day 5 after last chemo so still pretty knackered.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited August 2012

I did a one hour body step class and afterwards, an hour class of pilates. 

Last week a woman came up to me in body balance and asked if I had a left lymph node biopsy.  Why yes I said, with mastectomy and immediate reconstruction, on June 13th.  She then told me she too had a left mx and no reconstruction in March and raised her left arm high to show me that in time, I too could get back to where I was.  I liked it that she approached me and as a result,  less self conscious at the gym.

• whaevah
    edited August 2012

managed a 15 minute walk, chemo tomorrow but I think it will be postponed...might need an oil change , no gas in the tank Wink

after that...back to 35 mins at least then onto yoga!!

• Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152
    edited August 2012
    A quick 5km bike ride and some core and glute excercises before I head off to work. Tomorrow I promise to do more (note to self) Wink
  • misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited August 2012

Xrays today, and a CT. Consensus, slipped disc, wacked illium, internal trauma from the ooph. No cancer. Chrio, heat therapy, pt, and slowing down.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2012

Youch!!!! Behave yourself, misswim!!!

Walked for an hour & did 30 minutes of toning.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited August 2012

Welcome LilacBlue. How nice of the woman to approach you in a friendly manner.

misswim: YEA! NO CANCER! Take all the time you need to heal.

Good evening everyone. I only had time to walk/run the neighborhood tonight. It was hot and humid but it felt great and I felt strong.  

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2012

40 minutes slow walk around the neighborhood.  I started out in the pit of depression and it cheered me up quite a bit.  There was a 9-ish kid whizzing past on a scooter with flashing lights in the wheels.  I finally just gave up the sidewalk to him.  Nice twilight otherwise and lots of friendly dogs.

• bcbarbie10
    edited August 2012

Thirty-minute uphill walk followed by some ab work.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2012

Misswim no cancer woohoooo, now you just have to learn to chillCool. Heidi hope your eye is healing and don't know if I believe it about Lance Armstrong I saw a body exhibition a couple of years ago and they had a mock up of his heart and it was twice as large as a normal heart and I don't know if you've been through so much to get healthy why you'd jeopardize it, people were gunning for him so did he just give up and say "don't want to deal with it any more" I don't know but his foundation has done so much good so and that is what I choose to focus on.

Found my way back to the gym tonight and did a spin class yeahhh, it felt so goodSmile. Then did the parking lot to CCU walk, my friend had open heart surgery last thursday tonight they took out the breathing tube and they finally brought her out of sedation and she woke up, we have been so scared for her but she has been surrounded such caring health care professionals.  All of you in the path of Isaac - batten down the hatches, hope you all stay safe.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited August 2012

Misswim, glad it wasn't cancer, but trauma from ooph? WHat the heck did they do to you?

I have a completely messed up back with severe scoliosis and a slipped disk. The last orthopedist I saw (shortly before getting the BC dx) said that walking was good for this. So I try to walk as much as I can, and I avoid anything, vacuuming and dishwashing especially, that makes my back hurt. 

• bcbarbie10
    edited August 2012

My sentiments exactly! How did you get the " internal trauma from ooph"? Did they say what it is?

• badger
    edited August 2012

hi ladies and welcome LilacBlue.  Nice walk after supper last night, 5.75 km = 3.57 mi.