Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2012

I got in a 35 mile training ride with a friend.  She doesn't get out of Seattle enough, and the area near Carnation was just gorgeous today.  Amazingly, not that many people out cycling, and roads were empty coming back to Seattle.

Got in some major blackberry gorging too.  Super yummy.

Stopped at my favorite veggie/fruit place and got a huge bag for $12.  My friend was impressed.

Clothes are in washing machine, and I just got out of the tub.

Glorious sunset, but can't believe how early now.

Feeling much better, but still not 100%.  Still not entirely recovered from my ride to Vancouver which was only 2 weeks ago.  Hard to believe. - Claire

• Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2012

Had a good workout at the gym - cycled hills 26km with a 1500m altitude, then 20 minutes weights (mainly arms). Not sure I could be as committed as you Ruth by marking off 15 minute blocks, but it really seems to work for you.

Great to hear all the different activities we are all getting up to

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2012

No formal exercise today but did about an hour of yardwork plus scubbed down some of the kitchen cabinets from floor to ceiling.  I had a lot of energy after a mid-day nap.

Ruthbru, that's a good compliment. 

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148
    edited September 2012

No exercises for me these past few days. Got my echo done yesterday and im still not sure as to what i may do. Pushing the cart at the grocery store counts, does it?

• Hils
    edited September 2012

Hi BcBarbie - of course pushing the grocery cart counts, hope a decision re the echo results comes to you. Decisions are never easy for me whatever they are, so big hugs

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2012

Great to see everyone so busy!  Beautiful picture Claire - how'd you get a blue sky day like that?  I've been to Seattle several times and I think I've seen Mt. Ranier exactly once.  For an hour.  Ruth - woohoo on the legs compliment!

Helped a friend move the last of her stuff out on Saturday, Nats Walk on Sunday (and we won - AGAIN! I'm not used to this!)  Monday was a de-clutter day - cleaned out the dining room hutch and cupboards - I must have had 30 little 3 inch pieces of leftover burnt down candles stuffed in one drawer - just found junk like that in all the drawers.  Ended up with two big trashbags full.

Two mile walk with Mikey this morning - we're back to hot sticky weather courtesy of Isaac so it's too hot to run.  Saw a V of Canada geese go by, honking all the way.  I guess they're starting to get restless with the shorter days.  And I saw a Great Horned Owl!!  It flew low right next to me then landed in a small tree about 15 feet away and I got a great view of him.  After a few minutes the blue jays discovered him and mobbed him, so he flew off to another nearby tree, so I got to see him fly again and got another good view.  Then the blue jays found him again and he was mobbed again, and he finally flew off.  But I could hear the blue jays for several minutes as I walked away, so I guess they kept chasing him off.  It was neat - his wings were perfectly silent as he went by.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

Wow, on the owl!  Actually, Seattle is in a major drought right now.  August and September are normally the sunniest months, and we have been rewarded with amazing vistas.  Yesterday's ride was equally spectacular.

Back to relatively little exercise and resting up from the weekend.  Somehow weights/crunches don't cut it after that hike.

Plus dentist later.

But was nice to have the Labor Day break. - Claire

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited September 2012

Excited to once again have regular internet service, after a month of intermittent service.  We've had service techs out five times for repairs.  And of course nobody could speak English.  Oh the pleasure of living in Budapest, some days can be so frustrating.  

Did an hour of pilates mat and a hip foam roller stretch.  I gave it my all, to work off some stress.  

NatsFan  Woohooo on the Nationals!  Wish I could be there to see a game.   A rare treat to see an owl!  

Hope that everybody is having a good start to the week.  

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2012

hi ladies, well my stomach ache turned out to be appendicitis.  Had a 'lap appy' yesterday.  That's laparoscopic appendectomy.  I'm pretty sore and no exercise for 3 weeks, but easy walking is OK. 

Claire, GREAT photo, thanks for sharing.  Sometimes I really miss living out West.

I appreciate everyone here so much!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2012

Ohhh no Badger, I was just getting ready to email you.  Sorry to hear about your op but glad you are okay, listen to what the docs say and for the next 3 weeks clicking the remote control will be considered as your exercise, how long are you on driving/work restriction? Sending you big and very gentle (((((HUGS)))))

• badger
    edited September 2012

thanks Cheryl, I can't drive today because of the anesthesia yesterday, and if I take the prescribed pain pills I won't be able to drive.  So I'll stop them maybe tomorrow night.  Can't shower for two days so that's my minimum time off work.  I'll see how I feel but plan to return to work Thurs, work two days, then have a couple more days off.  (edit to add ((hugs)) back)

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2012

Oh no badger!  Glad you are doing well.  We can convalesce together.  I just got back from build a boob in Charleston!  (c:  Take care.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2012

Badger - yikes!!  Good thing you got to the doctor in time.  And yuk - more surgery.  I second Cheryl's orders to you to listen to what the docs say about resting.  {{{hugs}}}

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2012

Badger I know you love to drive but can your ride-share buddy do the driving at least for this week?

Hey Adey good to see you, was this the final or do you have to go back?

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2012

Ouch, take care of yourself badger.

• badger
    edited September 2012

thanks ladies and congrats Adey.  Yes let's convalesce together.  We're complements, sort of.  You were giveth something and I had something taketh away.  Oh man the pain pill is making me loopy, I'd better go have that nap.  

Cheryl, you are thinking along the same lines as my carpooler, she offered to drive this week and I think I'll take her up on it.  She's got a nice, big, comfy car that unfortunately guzzles gas.  It'll be OK for a couple of days though.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited September 2012

badger: So sorry this has happened to you! So grateful you had your surgery! 

Sending soft, healing thoughts to you. We all love you and want you to take your time recuperating.

• Hils
    edited September 2012

Back from the pool, it was chilly this morning but managed to keep going and swim 1.5km. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday whether you are excercising or recouperating. Lets hope it is a good one for us all

• claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

Badger.....no, not fun.  Fortunately, ever so much easier these days.  Feel better, and remember that they still don't know why we have one of these things, other than to cause trouble.

Sleep will do wonders here.

On the exercise front, did my weights/crunches with walk for later.  Glad for a rest and nothing but work.

Dentist went just fine Smile

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited September 2012

Badger, behave for a couple days now! You and Adey go over to the humor section, play games and chill out!

Walked over to the high school and watched two of my 7th grade advisee boys play football, and then walked home. Fun, but weird when I realized that I am old enough to be their grandmother!

• oceanbreezes
    oceanbreezes Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2012

Yikes badger, a lap appy is certainly worse than the stomach bug, take care and rest up!!

Build a boob, that is hysterical, hadn't heard that one before :-)

Does working all day on your feet and then coming home to bake 200 plus cookies count as exercise?!  That is all for this girl today!  Night all!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,533
    edited September 2012
    It does as long as you don't eat the cookies (which would be a big problem for you know who Tongue out!).
  • _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2012

Badger, I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

Did a longer walk tonight, probably 45 minutes.  I tried the "max loop" that I used to do all around the perimeter of the neighborhood but it was too long for me so I cut it short.  It was a nice walk anyway.   Saw a couple of super cute babies that coo'd at me when I passed.

Also did a bit of my new "Lebed method healing through movement" DVD.  Not exactly a workout but some nice stretches and supposed to be good for range of motion issues and lymphedema.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2012

School for my year 9 son starts tomorrow, so more freedom and I'll be able to spend time at the gym without racing home. 

Today, freestyle step.  I take 2 D-ribose gel caps with juice a half hour before I leave for the gym.  I've found this helps my muscles recover faster afterwards and feel less sore.

Badger, hope all is moving forward and you are feeling better today.

• A_FIGHTER
    A_FIGHTER Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2012

Good Morning Ladies, 

Boot Camp down and now Spin class coming up shortly! Laughing

I truly believe the biggest reason I did so well with treatment was due to the nutritional supplements I use to fuel my body!!

When I was in treatment I was able to do boot camp every morning (up at 4 am w/ workout from 5:30-6:30 am) plus additional workouts on some days including running and TRX! 

Here's to a beautiful day!

Bonnie 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited September 2012

2 hours of hot yoga last night...feel like jellow today!!!

Badger, feel better sweetie! Take it easy.

Claire, I just saw your photo- stunning. I am jealous!

Fighter-  you are my hero :)

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited September 2012

An hour of pilates reformer and 20 minutes of jump board.  Was hoping for a run, but it's a rainy day.  

Oh badger  - healing thoughts and and gentle hugs - wishing you a fast recovery.     

Bonnie  Good to see you, active as ever!  

• ginger_mea
    ginger_mea Member Posts: 135
    edited September 2012

Badger - healing sent your way.

Build a boob is hysterical!

I did 30 minutes Pilate's yesterday after work....  I am so grateful whenever I do something, makes me feel like I'm on my way to being back on track with exercise, I hope I can continue to be here posting with all of you :)

Blessed day to all. Ginger

• badger
    edited September 2012

hi ladies, thanks for the healing thoughts, it helps!  Feeling better today, still sore but that's to be expected, they punched holes in me.  I have a newfound respect for the DIEP ladies!  May take a bit of a walk today but nothing more strenuous.  Took a shower this morning and OMG that was just a slice of heaven.  It's one of those the little things that make life so good. 

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2012

After surgery a good shower and a good poo can't be beat!  (c: