Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2012

misswim, I went to a F2F yoga class, and I loved it. LE gets amped up though. I think no matter how much I avoid downward dog there's going to be something in yoga that's going to make my arms cranky, so hell with it. I'll do my yoga then drain lymph fluid when I get home.

• A_FIGHTER
    A_FIGHTER Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2012

Hi Ladies,

Ran 4 miles yesterday 

5K Race today

1.70 mile warm-up

3.1 Race (3rd Place in Age Group) Laughing

1.30 After race

Just wondering how many cyclists do NOT know how to change a flat tire? Why? Well, I was cycling prior to diagnosis last year. I was riding any where from 18-50 miles (road bike). Then I got my first flat tire! UUGGHH! I didn't know how to change it. My good friend's husband came to pick me up. The same week I got another flat tire! This time my husband was able to come get me. I tired the CO2 Cartridge and was able to benefit from that somewhat...LOL! It got me a little closer to home. Now thankfully, both flat tires happend less than 2 miles from home on my way back home Laughing Now I've been debating to get back out there. I need to find someone who will sit with me and do the hands-on tire change over and over again and till I have it down!

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2012

I learned how to change a flat bike tire from you tube videos. It's not hard, just have some good plastic tire irons to work with.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited September 2012

Wow, misswim! I am totally impressed. I don't think I would dare try that without a paramedic standing by!

Good job on your 3rd place finish, Fighter. A bronze medal for you! Smile

The only exericse I got today was a little Buns of Steel. Otherwise I spent the day with my dad, talking to my sick friends on the phone, and going through mounds of neglected paperwork stacked up on the dining room table Frown. I am giving myself a 20 minute break and then I have to get some school work done. Boo Hoo, I  think I need a Dairy Queen Blizzard!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited September 2012

Nibbana- I like that attitude! I had some mild truncal LE which has flared up here and there, but not so much when I do yoga. Often, it is when I try to use weights in my workouts! Go figure.

Fighter, congrats on your race. I would be SCREWED if I got a flat tire. My husband cycles regularly and is a bit of a bike techie, but I just don't get it....

Ruth, you are making me hungry with the DQ talk. I also had a flashback thinking about Buns of Steel....I used to have them all. Tamilee Webb, right? lol

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

Yes, Tammy Lee. I bought two of her never before been used tapes at the Salvation Army for 25 cents each.

• misswim
    edited September 2012

She has serious buns of steel, if I remember correctly. Those videos are HARD!!!!

• hipline
    hipline Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2012

I got a good water ski in this morning and can feel it in my buns! But they are not made of steel. May have to look for that!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2012

My best chemo story is getting stranded with a friend in South Prairie.  She was riding my hybrid, and I didn't have a tube for it.  Plus, I had just sliced my left thumb so had a huge bandage on it.  There was nothing I could do.  I really couldn't change a tube.

But I was able to flirt with a couple of guys on motorcycles.  They rescued us!!!

The older one watched the son of the younger guy who came in his pickup for us, and then drove us 15 miles back to the start in Puyallup.

Chivalry isn't dead!!

Today's ride was 26 miles, hilly for the second 2/3.  The leader was terrible, taking us through areas where no business taking a group.  We survived, and fortunately not a large group.  An example is coming onto a trail in the middle of a blind hairpin turn.  You just don't do that.  I got off and walked it, as well as a couple of other similar spots.

That said, I am now ready for next week's event, and finally feel well again.  I think the result of all the deep sleep I got last night, from all the oxygen after yesterday's ride.

Nibbana.....you will get there.  I think a question of nerve.  Watch the speed limit in Renton...10 mph, but no one goes it.  They do enforce sometimes though.  I remember when I started riding again, now almost 20 years ago.  I was so proud when I could do 9 miles total.  I laugh now when I think about it.  I was doing far more during chemo.

Back to work, as trying to catch up on stuff due tomorrow. - Claire

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited September 2012

My exercise today was washing pots and pans (and everything else!) at a church luncheon and them more painting of the bathrooms. Hope to walk tomorrow.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2012

45 minute walk this evening, plus some walking earlier in the day.  I had the bright idea to visit La Jolla Cove.  It seemed way more crowded than I remember it being.  As we got to the cove the reason for the crowd became obvious-- there was an ocean swimming race going on.  We saw a big flock of swimmers starting out as we sat on a bench and ate lunch.  That was the last bit of pleasantly overcast sky, then the sun came out and started frying us.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2012

Luvlulu, I think you are doing great 8 weeks out from Mx and Tram.Cool My PS will now let me plank (rather than only on my forearms) no weight loading except for physio exercises and no pump classes.  I'm a month ahead of you with a Diep -- you go girl!

Off to the gym for body step and pilates. 

Have a good start to the week Everyone! Wink

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2012

20 minutes Pilates this morning.

I can't do downward dog, cobra, or other arm-intensive yoga poses anymore with my LE, so I'm certainly not attempting your pose, Misswim Surprised but congrats on achieving it!  My yoga instructor has been very good about giving me alternate moves that don't stress the arm.  I find my yoga helps my truncal LE quite a bit.  First class tomorrow after the August hiatus, and I can't wait. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited September 2012

Loving this 70 degree evening weather and low, low humidity! Just returned from walking/jogging at the park and it's wonderful!

• oceanbreezes
    oceanbreezes Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2012

Misswim..incredible pose!  I really want to give yoga a try, have to wait til November as gym only has classes on Thursday evening and that is currently son's football games!

A fighter..congrats on third!  Just enjoying getting back on my bike after my knee replacement :-)

Walked with a friend yesterday, and then actually chillaxed and watched some football!

Walked this am before work, watched the sun rise, very pretty.  Rode bike with hubby tonite and watched the sun set...even saw a rainbow!

Have a good nite everyone!

• whaevah
    whaevah Member Posts: 282
    edited September 2012

Walked 2.8 miles on my treadmill, finally back

Taxol #2 tomorrow, hoping for exercise all the way through...back to yoga when I can :)

Wow ladies, you rock!!!

• misswim
    edited September 2012

Whaevah- We will be thinking of you tomorrow!! Smile

90 minute hot yoga master class tonight. I am going to be so sore tomorrow between yesterday and the ass whooping I got tonight, but I feel great :)

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012
    Went to a long, boring meeting. Came home and did an old FIRM tape Maximum Cardio Burn....very hard and good. Nothing beats their old tapes featuring 'The Fanny Lifter'!
  • claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

Hi whaevah...

I exercised throughout Taxol and did just fine.  The "chivalry isn't dead" tale is from that time.  I even did a shortened cycling event.  I know, the weenie course, but I am counting it.

Misswim....I took another look at your pose.  Wowsers!!!  You go girl.  I just couldn't appreciate yesterday as had 4 things due and was trying to figure it all out.  I got there!!!

Just weights/crunches and a walk today.

I was mentioning to a friend today that I am now stronger than ever.  She is doing a triathlon at the end of the month.  So thrilled for her.  No, she didn't have cancer, but something quity scary. 

Waiting for my dinner to finish cooking.  A new artichoke caponata on fish recipe.  A friend of mine already tested.

So hoping for something really special. - Claire

• claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

Ruth....either cycling or x-country skiing beat tapes any day!!!  My butt doesn't dare try anything untowards.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

The FIRM workouts are both fun and hard. They are the only exercise videos/DVDs I've found that fully lives up to its 'hype'.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2012

Misswim amazing pose, you go girl......  Tonight I did a spin class, it is hot and humid here and it was almost unbearable in that room.  (((Hug))) for you for tomorrow Whatevah.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2012

I found one of those sites that maps your walk and tells the distance and learned my three favorite walks are 1.7 mi, 2 mi, and 3 mi.  Tonight I did the 2 mile.  I'm really loving my neighborhood for walking lately.   It's quiet, lots of interesting houses, friendly people, and very little traffic since the neighborhood is surrounded by canyons.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

Good luck with Taxol 2, whaevah! Remind me again, how many rounds are you doing and when will you be done? We will help you celebrate!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2012

hi ladies, took a lovely noon walk around the beautiful Capitol square yesterday.  Met up with a friend and we walked & talked and the time just flew!  5.2 km = 3.23 miles for the day.

I'm up very early so will get in a walk this morning as I have a lunch meeting today.

70's yesterday, 80's today, maybe 90's tomorrow (blech).  Nights are nice & cool though.

Misswim, you are amazing!  I'm going to have to start back at square one in two weeks when exercise restriction is lifted.  But I should get back to my current level fast.  I hope so, anyway!

• misswim
    edited September 2012

Oh, geez, ladies, thank you! Listen, I have just found what I love and it is a milestone when I am able to do something like that pose. However.....ask me to run distance or cycle up big hills, and I would be the last one to the finish line. But I am totally ok with that and like to try new things, just keep coming back to what I love and it feels good to excel at that :)

Ruth, I LOVE the fanny lifter!! And I totally agree that The Firm lives up to the hype. I have may at home exercise programs but reserve them for the late fall and winter months when I can't get outside. I was doing the tapout xt mixed martial arts programs and as hard as it was and the results I was seeing- my body hurt, like beyond normal soreness, so I had to shelve it. I like that The Firm is easy to modify.

Badger- hope you are feeling better!

Claire- thanks! The pose looks alot more difficult than it is once you get into it. My stumbling block has been trusting that I could balance my weight on my triceps.....afraid of hurting myself after bmx- but once I stopped thinking so much about and tried it with alot of focus, up I went. I've been doing it all around the house for the past two days! :)

• oceanbreezes
    oceanbreezes Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2012

Misswim, if I could do that pose, I wouldn't just be doing it around the house...I would be doing it at work, in line at the grocery, ANYWHERE that I could show it off :-)!!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

I definitely like to get the aerobics outside too when I can, but when one doesn't get home until 8:30 at night and it's dark out......then it is time for Plan B.

I tried Ti Bo (spelled wrong, I think) a couple times, but that almost killed me, too high impact for me, and I'd be in the back of a running or cycling race with misswim....so it's good we try different things and, like she says, come back to those we love.

Have a great day!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2012
    2 mile walk last night, and 2 mile run this morning.  Lovin' this cooler weather!!!  Laughing   Fall session yoga starts up again tonight - woohoo!!
  • A_FIGHTER
    A_FIGHTER Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2012

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday - 45 minute Interval Explosion Spin Class

Today - TRX & 5 mile run

ruthbru, oceanbreeze & misswim...Thank you!

misswim - Too funny about changing a tire!

nibbana - Not hard, huh? LOL! I'll give it a try by watching the videos to help me along Laughing