Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited September 2012

Got in 30 minutes of pilates chair this afternoon.  Itching to get out and run, but haven't had the time.  Tomorrow morning I will do it - now that it's written I'm accountable!    

Ann   I join the others in saying sorry to hear of the dog episode.   There's nothing that ruins an outing like an out of control animal. ruth  ((hugs)) sorry to hear of your friend.   cheryl  Especially upsetting to hear of people with young children affected with cancer.   

Hugs All ~

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited September 2012

Ann - I know how scary to have a dog charge at you!!  When I was young, there was always a dog that would try to bite the tires of my bike!!  Very Scary Indeed!

Just wanted to make sure, did the dog leave it's property??  I ask this, as I have a Black Lab who used to love running with the passing bikes/joggers (too old to run much now), but had to stay on our property as we have a radio fence around the perimiter of our yard.  We always told anyone we saw that was afraid of her that she had an invisible fence so they were more comfortable going by the next time!

I did get to do the C25K run/walk last night again - it is true, sibling rivalry is alive and well!!  Cool

No formal excercise today - raining this morning, and am off shortly for some "tune & tone" (choir practice)!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2012

fmakj, yes it came out of its gated yard onto the sidewalk where I was and didn't back off until I was halfway across the street.  Enjoy your choir practice!  

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited September 2012

90 minutes wonderful hot yoga class tonight. Rainy day here so I did not get outside for my walk. We just signed up for a 10K walk/run on Saturday. DH will run, I will power walk. My miles were about 13:02 so I am hoping to better that as this is not a hilly course like Saturday's.

Ann, glad you are ok. 

Adey- yipee! Go girl. I keep thinking I need to try C25K. Thoughts, ladies? Do you like it?Is it doable during the colder months on the treadmill?

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited September 2012

ok, what is a C25K?

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2012

hi all, just a fly-by.  Cold here too so walked inside the past 2 days.  7.26 km = 4.51 mi.

jenny, C25K is a fitness program that builds you up from the couch to running a 5K.

Someone should be along with more info soon.  'Night ladies!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited September 2012

Hi All!

Adey, glad you are back on the mend. Cheryl, so sad about your friend's DIL. So much sadness in the world. A friend of mine, who is great at organizing people in a crisis, called me and a couple other ladies and gathered us at my deceased friend's house to make picture boards for the funeral (around here people make these big collages with pictures from the life of the departed). The poor husband (who apparently is not getting much family support) was just not up to doing it himself. So we went over & spend a couple hours (I walked there and back, about 15 minutes each way) and then ate dinner with the DH, just so he wouldn't have to be alone. Some family is supposed to come in tonight, but were not yet there when I left at 7:30 pm. Prayer service is tomorrow and the funeral is Thursday. I did 30 minutes Arms, Abs and Buns of Steel when I got home.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2012

Ruth.....so glad you got to support your late friend's husband.  Feel so sad for him, and yes, he does need people helping.

I did three miles....to bank, then to Pike Place Market to pick up cod for tonight's dinner and a German smoked pork chop for tomorrow night's (real German meat market there), plus veggies. Got a major morale boost when the veggie guys were asking me if I would frequent them in the Fall and Winter.  I didn't get the idea that this was entirely about revenue Innocent

Then off to the wine bar to tell my tale of my Sunday cycling event.  The manager is training for the Portland Marathon in 2 weeks, so needs to hear of others doing similar feats.  Only difference is that she is more than 30 years younger than I am!  I may need to join them in Portland next year.  We'll see.

Then home to work and dinner.  I may bag the work part but need to look at one more thing while potatoes are a-roasting.  Will make the cod w/roasted potatoes, fresh beans, and a salad.

Drooled over fresh wild mushrooms - lobster, hen of the woods, and chanterelles.  Mmmmmmmmm.......may need to make for Saturday night's steak feast with a male friend.

Hope all are having a great evening.  The most glorious sunset here, but really early these days. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

I want to go over to Claire's house for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited September 2012

Cheryl: So sorry to hear about your friend's DIL. Cancer is devastating.

Ruth: You are a true friend.

Ann: Your dog story is scary! Big or little, dog attacks are terrifying.

Walked/ran tonight. It was 72 degrees but humid again. Sweat was dripping off me. 

• misswim
    edited September 2012

MMMM......Claire- My mouth is watering!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2012

Tonight did Body Combat class but boy am I sore, I woke up feeling a little sore from yesterdays workout, then I had an MRI today and spent 45 minutes on my stomach with my hands above my head when they finally pulled me out of that machine I was stiff as a board so by the time I got to the end of class push ups tonight I was done in.

Mary I know you're a huge lymphedema advocate and I want to let you know that they had to draw blood to see if my kidneys would absorb the contrast well he asked me have you had lymph nodes removed, when I answered yes he said oh we don't want to use that arm we don't want to risk you getting lymphedema so slowly they are "getting it"

Yes Claire what time should we arrive for dinnerSmile  Ruth you are truly a caring friend, how sad he is not getting a lot of support.  Isn't our weather across the US crazy Wonderland and I are on opposite coasts and we are hot Badger is cold and Misswim is swimmingSealed

• _Ann_
    edited September 2012

You ladies are so caring, thanks for all the comments about my dog incident.   40 minute walk tonight and a little bit of my 5 pound weights.   No mishaps.  In fact there was a giant great Dane being walked near me for quite a while, and its owner was stopping it and putting it through various training exercises every so often.  It was like the Universe showing me a counter example of the scary incident.  Life is really sweet when you're willing to notice it.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2012

Cheryl - hooray for the LE awareness - usually LE women have to fight to keep techs from using the at risk arm, so that's great news!

Yoga class last night, but since it was pouring rain I wimped out and drove to class instead of my normal running.  15 minutes elliptical this morning plus 15 minute Lebeds.  Nats Walk tonight!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited September 2012

Went for my morning run - got lost on a trail that I wasn't familiar with Surprised but all good, found my way and discovered a great new path.  

Ann   Love those universal messages, if only we see them as they happen.    

Claire   yum, careful - you will have a line up at your door for dinner!!  

misswim  I started the C25K, and I really liked it.  What appeals to me is that length of runs are timed, alternated with walking, and your speed doesn't make a bit of difference.  Took the pressure off for me.  As I am a pilates devotee and wasn't paying much attention to cardio, the adding running has made a huge difference in stamina.  The combination of yoga and running is fantastic. Let us know how it goes!  

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2012

C25K W1D1 Done!  (c:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml

The link is above.  If it doesn't work go to coolrunning.com

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2012

hi all, a thunderstorm cut short my evening walk but I still logged 4.2 km = 2.61 mi for today.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

Well I did something dumb. I dropped a jar on my toe and it hit right where the nail and skin meet; it hurt like crazy, blood spurted out, and still now it is throbbing, throbbing. Since I didn't dare try to squish my foot into a tennis shoe, I did 30 minutes lying lower body work and 30 of upper body work. Good prayer service this evening with both lots of sad and funny stories told.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2012

Ruth ouch I'll bet your toe is still throbbing, ice ice baby.  Badger rain sounds wonderful, I've just put the fan on.  Tonight did a spin class it was a substitute instructor, he's not my cup of tea but I did have a good workout.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

Why the MRI?

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2012

I think I may have told you about the shooting pains I was having in my left breast when we were in Chicago, I think the pain was caused from strapping myself into two bras so I don't bounce around at the gym and then I just stay in my workout gear when I get home anyways I told my doctor and so he sent me for a digital mammogram, ultrasound, then to the breast surgeon and then for an MRI.  Because of my history he's being ultra careful, since I started changing out of the two bras the shooting pains stopped and the breast surgeon thinks it was my ribs.

Edited to add:  Nothing was seen on the mammogram or the ultrasound

• ruthbru
    edited September 2012

Good that he is been careful, and good that it is undoubtedly from the double bras. After my leg was hurt awhile back and I exercised for an hour straight on an exercise bike with rowing arms....the next day I had the most horrible shooting rib pains on the bad side, which took awhile to go away, but I knew I had caused them myself by way over-exercising that area, and the same thing happened once before when I filled sandbags for many hours in a row.....maybe now I have learned my lesson Undecided.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2012

The trouble with the two bras is that they don't really fit correctly it's just my solution cause I don't wear a prostesis so I'm lopsided 

• claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

Hi Cheryl.....I know I have weaker muscles on my surgery side, I think due to radiation.  So yes, some shooting pain if I overdo, which is most of the time.  I got tipped off with the ski in deep snow when sore afterwards on the right, but major pain on the left.  I don't worry about this anymore.  (See my comments to Ruth below.)

Ruth....OUCH on the toe.  I am getting fonder and fonder of shoes.  Caught my foot on a raised sidewalk paving stone just yesterday and was grateful not to be wearing flip flops.

Busy day, with lots of running around, 3-4 miles in total.  Plus weights/crunches.

Early night as tons to do in the AM.  Fortunately, hadn't signed up for my market research luncheon after all, as can't attend and need to be on a client call.

Dinner was fab tonight too......boneless German smoked pork chop.  Wonderful with fresh beans, chard, and potatoes.  Tomorrow is a dinner with presenting team for Friday's conference.  We'll see how good my own cooking really is.

Plus, got the New York steaks for Saturday evening's dinner.  Mmmmmm.

To end it all, the most glorious sunset tonight.  Off for Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. - Claire

• misswim
    edited September 2012

45 mins of Bob Harper Kettle Bells. It was a tough d/v/d but I made it through.

Cheryl, glad the tests came back negative.

Ruth- OUCH!!! Hope it heals quick!

• _Ann_
    edited September 2012

Short walk tonight.  The streetlights were all out in part of the neighborhood.  Good thing the hubby was with me-- it was kind of creepy dark.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

One thing I forgot to mention is that I got out my nicely tailord trousers to wear to the class yesterday and they FIT PERFECTLY.

So all the cycling has been worth it.

Quite funny, as I had expected them to be "snug", and sucked it up accordingly.  They went on like a dream.

Now to stay at this point through the winter months.  I am down about 5 pounds since May, and another 8 would be perfect. - Claire

• claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

One thing I forgot to mention is that I got out my nicely tailord trousers to wear to the class yesterday and they FIT PERFECTLY.

Quite funny, as I had expected them to be "snug", and sucked it up accordingly.  They went on like a dream.

Now to stay at this point through the winter months.  I am down about 5 pounds since May, and another 8 would be perfect. - Claire

• claire_in_seattle
    edited September 2012

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited September 2012

Cheryl, that is good news!    Ruth, hope the toe is healing and won't give you problems exercising.    Claire, congrats on the perfect fit. A lot of sweat went into that.    Misswim, kettle bells, hmmm. I'll use my iron and see if that works.

I tried the CX WORX class and had to leave after 20 minutes. Got on the treadmill instead for a 3.5K run.