Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2010

Just home from work and it is POURING!!  Glad I got a bike ride in this morning.  Did my normal 90 minute route along the river with a little more aggressiveness than on Saturday.  Felt good but exhausted now and will enjoy the evening. 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010

Guess today will be my 'day off'.  Allergies got the best of me yesterday and today.  I'm gonna put on my jammies, down some drugs (allergy/sleep meds) and crawl into bed.

Someone exercise for me today please.  Thanks.

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

Got you covered Patoo!!

• rreynolds1
    rreynolds1 Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2010

I just spent 9 days at the Atlantis in the Bahamas.  I am proud to say that I exercised 1 hour a day for 6 days of the vacation.  Given that 2 days were spent traveling, that's pretty good.  They had a fabulous gym so working out was really easy.

Roseann

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

Jealous are we Roseann.  And welcome!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited March 2010

Did my Firm "500 Calorie Workout". Poor patoo, hope you feel better tomorrow! Good for you, Roseann, for exercising faithfully on vacation! And we, indeed, ARE very jealous!! Night all! Ruth 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2010
    Good evening girls, fan yourselves - spent an hour with Eduardo tonightWink he literally kicked our butts to the point my sciatic nerve is twanging, so I'm going to do a bit of stretching later on.  Poor Patoo I hope you feel better, allergies are the pits.  Roseann I love the Bahamas, my bestest friend who now lives in Tennessee lived in the Bahamas for 10 years and had a condo on Paradise Island and we would go down and stay at the hotel across the road from Atlantis and they had Atlantis privileges - it is fabulous so I know you had a great time - Rose Island is my "go to in my head place when I'm having procedures" ahhhh warm water, soft pink sand.  Bobcat glad you got your ride in early.  Ruth you appear to be neglecting Richard, have you had a falling outLaughing, nice to see you Chris you'll get back into the swing of things, all these thing take time.  Night my sistasKiss
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2010

Hi everyone - hope those allergies get better Patoo - allergies can be miserable.  Roseann - sounds like a wonderful trip!  HB - The Caribbean is my "go to" place when I'm having procedures as well - soft sand, turquoise water - sigh.  

Yesterday - 20 minutes elliptical before work, and 30 minutes after.  

T-minus 6 days to the colonoscopy diet!!  Tongue out

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

I'm swooning over your hour with Eduardo.  Just did a 45 minute spin with heart rate monitor - 542 calories!!  It was my first class back after the procedures and felt good to see my Y friends!  Off to work - have a great day all.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010

No exercise again tonight.  It's 8:45 and I'm turning in - allergies still getting the best of me.

Bobcat, hope you can cover me again today.  I'm going to have to workout extra hard when I can again to catch up with you all.

Night Sculptresses.

• kirstensmum
    kirstensmum Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2010

Good morning ladies.

I have received last months stats from curves and I am happy to add that I have lost 3.5kg and 15 cms for the month.  (since Jan 20 to Mar 20 a total of 9kg and 35cms.) I realize that I still have a long way to go, but at least I am rid of the extra I put on during treatment plus some.

I am going to try to continue this journey, but each time I log on here, I feel I can't move forward with my life.  I keep reading the IDC forum and the newly diagnosed and the stage 4 etc and the next thing I know a couple of hours have gone by.  I won't forget the cancer but I don't want it to dominate every waking thought.  So on this note I would like to wish all of you the very best of luck with your journeys.  I will probally sneek a peek every now and then, just see how you are all going.

Please take care of yourselves

Bye for now

Jennie

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Hello everyone, firstly Jennie 20lbs is fantastic, we will miss you but completely understand and wish you all the best. 

Patoo I have you covered for today I did two classes tonight did Body Step and then Body Jam my feet hurt and I need a good stretch but I made it - two hours of cardio - now did you all read the study that came out today basically it says us older gals need to be exercising an hour a day just to maintain our weight!!!!

Nats you are amazing exercising before and after work, I used to be a morning exerciser but now it's nights for me.

Bobcat 542 calories is fantastic, you are getting back into the swing of things, I believe we are addicts - exercise addicts (goes right along with my chocolate addiction).  I'm off now to make myself dinner.

Cheryl

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Hi All, Wow, Cheryl you really are going wild! Must be the 'Eduardo Effect"!!!! I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and then 15 minutes of toning with Richard so that he wouldn't feel neglected. Jennie, when I was first diagnosed a friend gave my the BCO website. I got tons of information but could NOT go on the discussion boards because I would just read all the sad threads and all the ones that told about all the terrible side effects people were having from every treatment I was going to have to have etc.etc. I wasn't ready to come back until just this last December, and now I mostly stay on the positive and fun sights (like this one Smile). So sneak back and see us every once a awhile, you'll still have to give us an occasional report on all your progress!! Take Care, Ruth
  • bobcat
    edited March 2010

Wow - looks like everyone is having success.  And yes, Patoo - I got you covered.  We're always here to help one and all.  Jennie - will miss you but completely understand about moving on.  I will think of you when I am out riding my bike.  Cheryl - great news and give Eduardo a little pat for me.  Ruth - glad you gave a Richard a little time last night.  I got caught up in that HCR board but am now done with that for now.  Some pretty nasty stuff over there.  Have a great day alll!!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

You act like a sculptress and you look like one too!

* I will eat something yummy and exercise tonight in your honor Cool. Have a great day! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010
    Thank you Ruth, my friend is putting on a "Chili" party tonight (she could win a competition with her Chili it is so good) and there better be chocolate cake or I'm going homeInnocent.  At the gym last night in the Step class we celebrated the 30th anniversary of my 30th birthday and we had us some sweaty fun.
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2010

Cheryl - happy birthday!  Agreed on the absolute necessity for chocolate cake! I like the 30th anniversary of the 30th birthday idea. Bobcat - glad to see you're feeling better and getting back into the swing of things.  Patoo - oh those allergies!  Sometimes all you can do is lie low and ride them out. We've got you covered until those nasty little pollens float away. Jennie - I too have needed to take a BCO break now and then.  Check back here now and then - as Ruth says, we're a fun thread.

Half hour Wii yoga and strength stuff before work, then half an hour elliptical after work for me today.  Of course it was a co-worker's birthday today and we had pizza then red velvet cake to celebrate. Oh well - I promise I really tried to crank it up on the elliptical.   

• bobcat
    edited March 2010
    Happy Birthday, Chris!  Couldn't say it better than Ruth's song.  Well, I just finished up working and paying bills.  Did not do a blessed thing today except climb 6 flights of steps to get home.  Just too much work.  Another long day tomorrow so I am going to go early and try to get done in the late afternoon and then go for a bike ride and there is also a spin class at 7 if I'm not too tired.  Just found out my workload will be increasing about 5 fold.  I have a fulltime job that has always had part-time hours and that is now changing.  I am not complaining because we can certainly use the $$'s right now but I have to rethink and reschedule my workout routine.  I am off to jammies and channel surfing before falling asleep.  SO is out of town -bless his heart, when I arrived home tonight all the laundry, dishes etc. were done and put away.  Think I'll keep him even if he's not named Eduardo.  Sleep well Sculptresses Kiss    One more thing - someone on another board made fun of all the funny faces and emoticons we bc girls use.  Well then, why are they on here!!
  • balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2010

Hi everyone....I would love to join this exercise board...I just am finishing up with all my surgeries and am able to workout agian...I have been walking a lot but not much else. so here goes....I started doing this workout series called slim in six.  I do a dvd everynight for 30 min everynight that works a specific part of the body.  I just finished my second night of it and it feels so good to be back at it.  I also walked with a coworker for 30 min. after work tonight. I just really want to get in shape. 

Reading all the posts has been encouraging~ thanks Balsie~

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

Balsie - Welcome....I'm supposed to be sleeping but lurking with insomnia - go figure.  We'll get you moving...

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Hi Balsie! I'm a teacher too, and your next door neighbor in North Dakota Smile!! Bobbi, I am going to use lots of faces tonight to annoy the easily annoyed Wink. I wish my DH would participate in some of the housework without prodding Frown! (Although he did send me some beautiful flowers at school the other day, so I guess I'll keep him too, even though his name isn't Eduardo and he doesn't put stuff away very well Tongue out).  I did 30 minutes of abs and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Then, Cheryl, I had a (small) mocha Moolatte at the Dairy Queen in your honor Cool. Night All! Ruth
  • bobcat
    edited March 2010
    WOW - Everyone must be working out or extremely busy.  Just checking in to say I had another long day and off to bed in a few minutes. Sat in my car and at a computer terminal most of the day.  Someone please exercise for me because tomorrow is more of the same.  Can't wait until spin class on Saturday!!  Good night Sculptresses Kiss
  • ruthbru
    edited March 2010

Hello, I'm still here anyway. 45 minutes on the treadmill & 20 minutes with Richard. It is so hard to get the exercise in when you are working and working. Keep sneaking a little in though!! Report in, Sculptressess, so we don't worry about you!! (Now I have to get out of here & do some more homework myself.) Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010
    I take one day off to eat cake and chili and everyone disappears!!!!!   Thank you all for the good wishes I had a lovely day.  Just back from the gym where I biked for 55 minutes or actually until my bottom couldn't take it any more, how does Lance do itUndecided  Hey Ruth I love Dairy Queen, Bobcat I'll share my 55 minutes with you.
  • hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

Hi Ruth, we were posting at the same time, good to see you.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

Hi Cheryl! I have to excerise because I love Dairy Queen  (and Dairy Queen-like food) so much!!

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010
    Oh Ruth I think you must be my long lost sisterSurprised
  • ruthbru
    edited March 2010

Maybe so......we'll have to explore the family trees Smile!

• hbcheryl
    edited March 2010

As long as there is cake - I'll be there!!!  I just had a piece of my birthday cake, chocolate with chololate icing with walnuts - now you know why I exercise like a banshee.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    Well, of course there would be cake, or it wouldn't be much of a family reunion!! I am drolling with thoughts of the chocolate icing with walnuts, I think I will go eat a piece of dark chocolate (for medicinal purposes, of course). Now I HAVE to get out of here and do an hour of homework. Later Smile. Ruth